Daily check Wed Aug 27

pwmatt

Cathlete
I went to bed at 8:30! Wow, I feel good!!:)

I'll continue with day 2 of the pushup challenge along with IMAX. If I have time I'll do abs - they may have to wait until tonight.

I heard from my son in college. He assured me that "it's all good in the hood" ;) That makes me feel lots better!

G'Morning Phyllis and all who follow!

Phyllis ~ Wow that is what I need to do! I didn't get to bed until after 11pm once again.
I would absolutely love to be able to go to bed at 8 30 pm but my DH doesn't leave for work until 9pm and then I have to start getting on the kids for them to get ready esp. my youngest her bedtime is 9am but since she has kitchen duty this week it's more like 930
164.gif

Glad your son got in touch with you and that all is well.

I also am on day 2 of the PU challenge and I want to not get on my knees.

I also have the 4DS KickBox & weights to do and once again a lil bit of 1RM testing.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday all!

picture.php

Good Morning !

Phyllis, hooray on your great sleep !;) I'm going to resort to Tylenol PM tonight after ANOTHER short night , 4th in a row! I got up at 3 !:mad::mad:

Today is another 4DS workout. I'm thinking BC bi/tri .

Have a good one !

Becky
Waving hi to Vilma !! And now Deanie too ! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning

Today was PH and day 2 of the pushup challenge. Got thru both!;) I think I will work on some 1rm testing also today...

Phyllis~ glad all is well with DS. have fun with pushups and Imax

Vilma~ good luck with the pushups- you can do it!! :) 4DS kickbox is my favorite kickbox- enjoy!

Becky~ sorry about the insomnia- but at least you have 4DS to look forward to! love those workouts!!

Have a great day everyone~

Well, I did do some of the PU's on my knees. For the 1st two sets of 12, I did 8 on my toes and 4 on my knees. I did all the other sets on my toes. Today was much harder for me than day 1. :( I still have some kind of lat doms going on and I'm not positive what it's from! I THINK it's from going heavy with over head presses but I'm not sure.

Vilma, I haven't done any more of my 1RM testing. I should really get back to it.

Becky, sorry about your cruddy sleeping. I think 4DS BC will be my choice tomorrow.

Have any of you read the book "Outsmarting the Midlife Fat Cell" by Debra Waterhouse.? It's not a new one, (copyright 1998)but it's interesting. I believe the author is a registered dietician. I'm just getting into the crux of it now. She claims that fat cells become larger in menopauses because they release estrogen during the transition. They try to make up for the lack of it being released from the other organs. I'll tell ya, that's news to me. I didn't realize that fat cells did that. She claims that there is no getting away form gaining weight in midlife and that it is a good thing as long as food choices are still healthy. She also claims that dieting during midlife, just causes the fat cells to want to store even MORE fat and therefore is a futile effort. What do you ladies think? Does any of this ring true? It's a little disconcerting because it sounds like there is nothing you can do except go with it and hope for the best.

Good morning everyone,

Glad to hear all is well at college, Phyllis. DS starts school today, and I hope he has a great day. I am not looking forward to all the stupid paperwork I have to fill out tonight. Can we say computers?????

Anyways, today was Squeeze for my rest day, I haven't done that in a few, and it felt good.

Have a good day.

Good Morning! I did my own, shortened, mishmosh of KickMax. I always do it out of order but then had to stop early because of a late start (neighbor kid came over before the bus), and a shortened ending, I need to work today

I feel really good after week one of the pushups! Hope it continues!

I hate it when I can not sleep! I take Sonata ocassionally and it really helps w/out the grogginess in th am!

I'll check back after work!

Really really rough bad day yesterday but alas today is a new day... still have to deal with yesterday but hopefully I will have a better day.

I did CTX LL warm up, then did CTX shoulder and LL abs today... then did a 30 min. Exercise TV taebo workout with weighted gloves on. Our VCR seems to have died so I can't do my 8 min. taebo anymore. sigh. It plays the tapes but the tracking is off so you can't see the picture.

Hope you all have a great day and a much better day than I had yesterday.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.