Daily Check-in Wed 5-2

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning!

Oh boy, not sure how today is going to go. It is a little after 4 now and I've been up since 1:45. Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Thank goodness nights like this for me are few and far between. I went to bed about 9 and it took a little while to fall asleep, probably 9:30ish so I've had a solid four hours at least.

DrillMax cardio and UB premix today. Hopefully I'll have my second wind by then!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today is KM low impact kickbox premix.

Jane: Oh My! You poor thing! I hope tonight is filled with sleep for you. I also go to bed by 9 PM everynight, but I sleep until the alarm sounds at 5 AM. I would not be able to function on four hours of sleep.

Have a good day ladies...I'll check back later.

Tammy - I have been sleeping so well for a while now. We have the same schedule. In bed at 9, up at 5. I usually am snoozing pretty good when the alarm goes off.

Does that KM LIK premix include the LCD's? That is tomorrow's workout for me and I'm thinking of subbing my new Powerstrike workout but I'll add on the LCD's if they are in that premix.

Jane ~ As kickboxing is NOT my favorite, I'm not sure what the premix includes but I'm about to find out. I'll check back later and let you know!

Good Morning Early Birds!!

Yuck at your short night, Jane! You know I can relate!!
I average 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night and that's taking an herb to help me sleep !! I KNOW how much better I feel on the occasional night that I sleep 7 hours. It makes all the difference in the world !
Hang in there today and hopefully you can make up the sleep tonight .

Today is B&G overall leg premix. I will do my own floorwork mishmosh, to be determined later.;-)

Yesterday I believe it was 88 degrees! I'm doing the Get Ready for Summer rotation, and it's already here!:eek: :D

Have a great day everyone!:)

Hey Gals!

Jane, sorry about your sleep shortage! Yes, the KM premix does include the leg drills. I just finished it. It has the kicking and punching combos and the LCDs. I think I could do them everyday and still nto be able to raise my leg as high as Cathe. Hip level, yea right!

Becky, 88 degrees, wow! I agree about the sleep thing. I get plenty of sleep on the weekend and I feel really good on Mon. I know, most people hate Mondays, but I usually feel pretty good.

Tammy, I try to get to bed my 9:30. But on Wed, I have to watch Lost(10-11) and Thurs is Grey's Anatomy (9-10). I only watch a couple shows on TV and these are the major ones.

Have a good day.

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Jane, Tammy, Becky and Phyllis!:)

Y'day I did Baron's Long and Lean Yoga. Felt great!

Today I am flirting with the possibility of squeezing in a short run after work. After that it will be ARX and BBC Chest and Abs. If the run doesn't work out I intend to *torture* myself with bbc cardio again! :7 }( :7

Jane: So sorry you had a bad night's sleep. I am right there with you today! We had T storm here last night that kept waking me up. Every time I would doze off a loud rumble would occur and startle me awake! I was up until after 1 am! x( x( x(

Tammy: So how is work going? Are you happy so far?

Hello Becky and Phyllis!

I've tweaked the May rotation so that it works for me! I'm ready for Monday! }(

Have a good day, ladies! :)

Hi All (and all who follow). I'm having a dilemma. Do I do Amy Bento's Cardio Pump Hi/Lo or do I just take another crack at Step Blast....or maybe LIC? I'm really trying to build up my cardio endurance, which I have to say has been progressing nicely although for me it seems to be 90% mental. I did HS Training last night and have a bit of DOMS so I'm thinking I'll lay off on any heavy weight work. Ideas?

Poor sleepy Jane and Wendy. I slept like a log last night...but that was after a few sleepless nights myself.

Becky: have fun mishmoshing int he summer heat ;)

Tammy: I think you will like the KM low impact. I find it's a very do-able workout. When you add those intensity drills on though it becomes another matter. I did it the other day and it was tough but I made it through and felt great afterward.

Phyllis: I'm with you on those leg lifts. Sometimes I think I'm lucky if I can just lift that dang tired a few inches off the floor!

Hi again!!

I ended up doing Leg Floorwork from PP, B&G and PLB !! and I did firewalkers for the first time ,and LOVED them ! I will definitely do those everytime I work legs! I could really FEEL IT !!}(

Beavs, I would pick LIC or Stepblast , but then I am NOT a hi/lo girl at all !:p

Good Wednesday Ladies!

Today I will tackle HardCore Extreme Interval Blast w/ legs premix :eek: I'm hoping it's not as bad as it sounds lol

I will officially start Cathe's May Rotation this coming Monday for the remainder of this week I will do the 2nd week of the April Rotation with some subbing if needed.

Yesterday we hit a record high of 92 degrees and today promises to be another record high for us according to the weatherman.

* Jane - I have suffered from bouts of insomnia and it is utterly horrible, my dr put me on some meds back then to help me get some sleep as it was really interfering with my daily activites.

Thankfully now I don't need them so I use meditation/relaxation techniques along with earplugs and eyemask when needed. Sometimes I may get a bout but not every night as before.

Listen to your body and if that 2nd wind comes around then fine but try to rest up - I hate days like those :(

* Tammy - Have fun with that KM low impact (that's from Cathe's rotation for this month ?)

* Becky - wow your area was just about as hot as mine was.
Enjoy that leg premix

* Phyllis - great in already getting your wo in :)

* Wendy - How did you tweak this month's rotation, mind sharing? I wanted to fit in some runs but don't know where to sub - I'll be starting on Monday too :)

* Beavs - I have no idea what that Amy Bento's wo is like but just try the 'eeny meeny miney mo' idea of choosing which one to do - it's worked for me when I've been undecided about which wo to do; reason why I like to follow a rotation instead - it makes me do wo's I won't do LOL :p

Hellos to all who follow

Off to sweat w/ Cathe now.

Have a great 'Hump' day ladies! :7

OK...that settles it. I will do LIC this afternoon and should time permit a bit of yoga ;-)

Oh Jane that is a short night, but I am usually up for 2 hours laying in bed listening to my dh snore before I can finally fall asleep. I feel for you.

I did various weight exercises for upper body off of BM and MIS including abs off of BM, I also did 13 min. of taebo with weighted gloves on.

I have laid in the sun for the last 2 days and hope to get out there today also, it feels sooooo good.

Have a great day!!:7

>>>* Wendy - How did you tweak this month's rotation, mind sharing? I wanted to fit in some runs but don't know where to sub - I'll be starting on Monday too<<<

Here's the May rotation the way I will be doing it.

I made a lot of changes and here's why: I have a running class every monday evening in May that I will be doing so I made concessions for that. I also do not own CoreMax so subbed in ARX in most places. I added in one yoga session every week and I have to take one class at my gym per week so I subbed a spin class for Cathe's cardio on tuesdays or thursdays. The final week of the rotation calls for 5 days of cardio which I am choosing not to do so I have deleted Tuesday's cardio w/o from the rotation.

Week 1:

M: DM upper body only + running class
T: Spin
W: LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver + ARX
R: B&G overall legs
F: BM2 Double U/B
S: LIC L/B cardio blast + ARX
S: Yoga

Week 2:

M: KM Leg Conditioning Drills + ARX + running class
T: Spin
W: L&G Xtreme premix
R: SS/PP u/b 3 sets premix # 18 + yoga
F: KPC cardio cond. premix + KPC s-ball abs/stretch
S: C&W cardio and compound weights only premix
S: REST

Week 3:

M: PLB up only + PUB up only + running class
T: SJP/SB step/hilo premix # 16
W: BC/ME everthing but core premix + ME abs
R: Spin + yoga
F: BM2 T/S cardio only + BM2 abs
S: MM T/S premix
S: REST

Week 4:

M: running class only
T: SJP/SB weights only + ARX
W: LM step combos only + all 7 blast premix
R: Spin + yoga
F: Imax 2 blast mania + ARX
S: OFF
S: B&G floorwork & abs premix

So now that you are totally confused...LOL :7

Did I help you out or make it worse?? :p

Well I got my run in after work! Itread set 1/20 mins. Awesome work out!

Now it's on to abs and weights for me!

Have a great afternoon!:)

Actually it's not bad :) It has given me an idea of where to sub for my TM runs ;) - Thanks :)

I think I'll be reviewing some of those premixes to get an idea of what it's like (I don't usually do those premixes) then sub for TM runs accordingly.

Me thinks I have some revamping of this rotation myself :)

I did some of KM's cardio with HC Xtreme today and I may end up subbing some of those KM cardio wo she has on the rotation for an iTread or CC PP.

I just don't enjoy KickMax as much as KPC.

>Actually it's not bad :) It has given me an idea of where to
>sub for my TM runs ;) - Thanks :)

I'm glad I could help!:) Have fun revamping!}(

I really liked that DM cardio/UB premix. I was just so happy those squat thrusts weren't there at the end, I didn't know what to do!

Thanks for the info Phyllis, I'll decide tomorrow about which one I'll do. I really want to do my Powerstrike workout but I'll have to add on the LCD's or I'll feel like I'm cheat (darn that OCD!) ;) The Powerstrike/LCD will be longer... we'll see. Getting that leg up to hip level is a dream, kind of like the levitation holds are!

Patti - I hope to sleep like a log tonight!! I've slept so well for so long now, I think I was due for a "correction".

Vilma - I already take prescription medicine to sleep but it is not addictive. It is a medicine used for sleep consolidation instead of sleep initiation because 99% of the insomnia I have is middle insomnia.

Wendy - I may be subbing some runs on this rotation too.... a whole month is too long to be without Coach Cutiepie!

Becky - Great mishmosh!! It's hot here too! Cool down on the way by the weekend.

Hello to Tammy, Annette, Heather.

Where's Conni and Deb?

Phyllis~ Thanks for filling in Jane re the KM premix. Although I hate kickboxing, this premix was very do-able. I'm also with you on those leg lifts...

Wendy~ I like the hospital atmosphere, but today was a rough day. Thankfully, I'm off until Monday.

Patti~ you were right on about the KM premix...very do-able. I love LIC...have fun!

Becky~ Great workout!

Vilma~ Yes...kickmax low impact kickbox premix is the 2nd day of the may rotation. I'll also be tweaking the rotation to add some running.

Annette~ Great workout!

Jane~ I love everything about DM!

Daily Check-in

Good evening! The stress at work is finally calming down, but this is just the eye of the storm. Next week will most likely be a busy one trying to get ahead of deadlines so I can take off and enjoy the weekend with Mom and her husband. I am looking forward to a vacation.

I blasted off May yesterday morning with the Low Max step premix followed by the Muscle Max upper body push pull premix. This morning, I enjoyed the Kick Max boot camp challenge premix (which is my favorite way to do Kick Max).

I have not been to the club this week to jog in the pool. Rebecca and I were planning to go tonight, but a wild storm hit Central Texas after work. We went to Cotton Patch instead and had a nice conversation. Both of us have had a very stressful week so far. A jog in the pool would have been more refreshing, but the pool was closed tonight. Dinner with a friend and laughter is a good stress reliever too!

I went to the grocery store after dinner to pick up a few things. The heavens opened, and the parking lot flooded in a matter of minutes. I learned that my Asics running shoes are great for running, but they are not waterproof or at least not flood proof! My socks were soaking wet when I finally got home and took off my shoes. Of course, I had to run through a “river” of water. The bottom few inches of my jeans are still wet.

I wish I could report that I have been clearing a lot of clutter out of here. I need to discipline myself to get it done Friday night and Saturday. Rebecca is coming over Sunday morning to help me haul the stuff out of here.

Tammy, did you enjoy Kick Max? I did! LOL! The boot camp challenge premix is the way to go. You will fall in love with Kick Max if you try this premix. I promise! The low impact premix skips the best part.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.