Daily Check-In Wed 11-15

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning fitness folks...

Yesterday was my rest day and today starts week #3 of the 4-week Nov rotation. I'm starting it off with LIC. I love that workout!

Hi Jane! Good morning Everyone!

Yesterday I walked about 20 minutes.
I have a chiropractor appointment this morning but am thinking I may try LIS or an allstep premix today. That will be the first real workout in about 2 1/2 months, so WISH ME LUCK!!!

Have a good hump day!:7

Good luck Becky! You're making progress!

Jane, good work. You're half way done!

DM for me today and once again I ran out of time and only got through the 6th cardio. I guess I need to start alittle earlier. I had to pause in the middle to give the dog his ear medicine. He was shaking his head and boy, is that annoying. It's also a sure sign that something is lurking in there.

Enjoy your day. Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Jane, Enjoy LIC. It sure it is a fun one!

Becky, Try the LIC premix! The step in LIC is so much fun!

Phyllis, If I were you I'd continue to have to cut DM a bit short!;) }( :p

I was hoping to get a TM run in this evening but that doesn't look like it will happen *pout pout* b/c I am going to my mom's for a visit this evening. I guess I will choose a cardio to do when I get home from work later...

Have a great day!:)

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Back/Biceps and 30 minutes on the TM for me today.

Jane: I like LIC too!

Becky: I get to see my chiropractor this afternoon...I can't wait. Good luck with your workout.

Phyllis: DM is a toughie.

Tig: Let us know which cardio you choose and congrats on taking the "x" plunge!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

Tammy,

What an attractive family you have!! I just looked at your picture.:D

If I can ask, how often do you see a Chiropractor? I've just started going for my back and I don't really know what to expect.
So far , so good though it seems.;-)

Daily Check-in

Mercy! Cathe kicked my butt again yesterday morning. These workouts are getting tougher every week. Body Max 2 is a super challenging workout. Being familiar with the choreography, I really gave it my all during the step segment. I had a blast, but I started running out of energy during the power circuit segment. Once again, I was crawling to get my weights during the upper body segment. I need to remember that this is a marathon workout and pace myself accordingly. Body Max 2 is one of my favorite workouts of all time. I love it. The choreography is fun, and I love the music. I actually had to pause a few times yesterday morning to catch my breath and drink water. My ultimate goal is to soar through this workout and feel energized for the rest of the day instead of needing a nap! I need to find a good snack to fuel this workout because I got hungry during the power circuit segment again even though I ate a small orange before I started. This is a new experience for me because I almost always exercise before eating when I do a morning workout. I simply have no desire for food when I wake up at 4:00 a.m. Any suggestions for an early morning pre-workout snack?

After I experience the rest of the workouts in this series for a second time, I am planning to add Cathe’s premixes and my own personal mixes to my rotation. I am pondering the possibility of focusing on cardio and lower body for the rest of the year with a total body circuit once a week. I need to add a little more cardio to my rotation as well.

Has anyone tried the cardio premixes? Which one is your favorite? Which one is the most fun? Which one is the most intense?

Becky, you are making amazing progress. When I am struggling through the power circuits, I have to remind myself that I was sidelined for a few weeks in October. My stamina is still not where it was in September. Have a great workout today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Heather, are you using a 6 or 8 in step? I did it for the first time with a 6. This week I used an 8 and WOW, what a difference! I only did the step segment, and that was enough.

Maybe, a handful of almonds or raisins for a preworkout snack?

I also get out early in the AM and generally have an empty stomach. I do have to drink a few sips of coffee before I start.

PHyllis
http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Daily Check-in

Phyllis, I am only using a 4" platform with no risers. At my current weight and size, it is more comfortable for me to use a lower step and add power to the moves. For some reason, adding risers stresses my joints in a way that impact does not. I focus on giving it my all by using strong arm movements and executing all the moves with good form. When I get to my goal weight, all workouts will be easier for me without this built-in resistance. I want to have the option of increasing the intensity then by adding more risers. I am only 5'3" and find that a lower step is perfect for me. Cathe always leaves me feeling worked out. I definitely used a 6-8" step when I was doing FIRM workouts or taking classes at the club, but that is not necessary with Miss Cathe. She could kick my butt with no step! ;-) I cannot imagine ever doing any of Cathe’s workouts on an 8" step. :eek: Wow!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Thanks for the suggestion Wendy!

I did the step premix for LIC and I loved it ! I modified the kicks in the last blast to knees , and I'm sure I didn't look pretty doing any of it, but I did it !!! For me at this point, it feels HUGE!!!:D :eek:

Thanks for all the support. It's so helpful!!

Have a good one everyone!

Good morning everyone,

Sorry I missed checking in yesterday, very busy day at work! But I did work out - DM and ab hits yesterday.

Today was Kelly Coffey's Ready Step Go and ab hits.

Have a good day!

Becky: In the beginning I went up to 3 days/week. I now go once a month for maintenance and usually by the time my appointment is due I am more than ready for the adjustment.

Gosh, I have been seeing my chiropractor for about 4 years now and I can't imagine life without him.

My youngest has also has scoliosis and sees my chiropractor once a month.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks also for the kind words....

>Thanks for the suggestion Wendy!
>
>I did the step premix for LIC and I loved it ! I modified the
>kicks in the last blast to knees , and I'm sure I didn't look
>pretty doing any of it, but I did it !!! For me at this point,
>it feels HUGE!!!:D :eek:
>
>Thanks for all the support. It's so helpful!!
>
>Have a good one everyone!

Glad you enjoyed it Tammy! LIC is just FUN FUN FUN! :7

Hello ladies,
I am ready for Cardio Fusion today. There are some awesome looking premixes on that dvd. I am ready for a long and intense workout today. I will let you know how it goes.

susan

Yeah, Susan, let us know. I still haven't done that one. I am afraid it is going to be boring, or all intervals.

Wow, the middle of the month already.

I did various leg work off of PSSL&A and L&G then did the Lower Body Boot Camp taebo (about 25 min. of it for some added legwork and cardio).

I am done.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.