Daily Check In, Tuesday Sept. 9

Conni

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I was supposed to do yoga today, but I ended up doing MMA Fusion, which was pretty good, actually, especially considering how I was feeling...

Last evening I noticed my backyard neighbor in my yard, which was curious since this woman has been a nasty person for the last 15 years we have lived there. Once my dh was trying to blow some leaves out of the back beds and she came out of her house and marched down to him complaining that our leaves were landing on her lawn...it goes downhill from there, if you get my drift. I have managed to not have any contact with these people over the years, there has been no reason, really, until last night..

It looks like a portion of one of our tree branches came down over the weekend into their yard, onto a chain link fence an the back of the their property. You can't see this from our yard, so when I saw her in my yard, I went out to investigate..
I looked at it and told her that was too bad, and she stated that I was going to pay to fix her fence since it is my tree. I told her I wasn't clear on where the property line was to determine if that is my tree. She said was she calling the city and getting the information so I will have to pay, so I just walked away, she was getting nasty...again.
Now, I have been looking at the internet and it seems that even if it is my tree, she is responsible for her own damage, so I am sure she is going to be really mad now.
In response I am getting the tree taken out so to prevent any other issues, which I think is the respectable thing to do. If this person was at all nice, I would offer to help clear the tree branch out ( it really isn't that bad, it fell into the very back of her property where they throw old branches and stuff, so there is no damage to her lawn. I feel terrible about this, because I was taught to always do the nice thing, but I cannot bring myself to offer any help to her...
So....that is the long and longer of things.. and why I needed some punches and kicks today!:(

Hi Conni,

Firstly - whaddup with MMA Fusion - I am just not a fan of that one at all - I never do it and it never gets my heart rate up. Did you break a sweat?

Secondly, sorry about having a neighbour like that. Here in Canada, if the roots and trunk of the tree are on your side and the tree branches hang over to another property - you both own the tree because a tree is more than a trunk and roots. It's gone to an upper court here ha ha so maybe she owns the tree that damaged her fence afterall and must pay her own costs.

Anyway.......... I hope it all works out for you in the end and you have no costs. Too bad she is such an unhappy person.

have a good day everyone.

Rest day for me. I am counselling tonight.

Hi Siobhan,

I had the same thoughts about MMA before I did it. Now, is it really tough? No way, but it was different and I still got a good sweat by really hitting the moves hard and the jumps high.

Talked to my insurance people, and they said the law is that even if I own the tree, the nasty neighbor is responsible for any damage caused by an act of nature. My insurance company is willing to fight them if they get lousy, which makes me feel better. They did say to hold off on taking the tree down, the other insurance company may want to do it?...go figure...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.