Daily Check-In Thursday 6/12

Tamster

Cathlete
Good Morning Glories!

AOS Providence for me this morning, but first I need some coffee. ;)

I'll check back later, have a great day!

Good Morning Everyone !

Hi Tammy. Are you doing all KB this month ??

It's cardio day for me, but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet.
My knee was hurting yesterday , so I'm waiting to see how it's doing before I pick a workout. Don't want to reaggravate it .
The bike might be a good option.

It's storming here again. It stormed yesterday morning and rained for most of the day.

I have my littlest GS tonight, so I'm looking forward to that !

Have a great day!

Becky

I'm drinking coffee with you, Tammy, then it's on to chest,shldrs and bis - STS D7. I hope to throw some abs in there too.

Have a good day!

Becky ~ I am doing an all KB month. Take care of your knee and enjoy your GS tonight.

Phyllis ~ Have a great workout! *clinks coffee mug* :D

Good morning gang!

Phyllis - to answer your question from yday, my check up went fine. It was my six-month check with my rheumatologist for my RA.

I did okay with KPC yday. Like Becky, I hurt my knee last Wed doing STS legs (I believe on those 45 degree lunges), I think I had my foot planted too firmly on the first few and strained either my medial collateral ligament or my anterior cruciate (so says Dr. Payne - my rheumatologist). It started hurting really bad Saturday so much so I had trouble walking (at my DD's shower!). Sunday was pretty bad. By Monday it was getting better. I can't even tell I injured it now.

Not sure what I'll do today. I figure it out by workout time.

Have a good day everyone!

Hi everyone,

Take it easy Jane, you need to be all healed up for the wedding!:(

I have to say, ever since I started concentrating my high impact on my rebounder, my legs and knees have been really good. In fact, I was jumping in my step workout today, and my jumping is improved, I actually felt almost bouyant.

Today was CIA 2601 with Gay.

I hope the rain holds off here, Becky, it has been threatening for a few days, so I think we may finally get hit, but I want it gone!

Hi again !!

I ended up doing a brisk steady state TM walk with the vest 30 min. total , Amy Bento's abs #2 & stretch #2 and besides a few twinges here & there, knee seems fine.

I hurt mine squatting really deep, not in a workout, but to get something out of the back of the freezer (I have top fridge/bottom freezer). I squatted way low and leaned forward to reach and felt a searing pain in my knee. No sounds like a snap or pop......and no swelling . I just felt it the rest of the day, then it seemed fine until it started bothering me yesterday afternoon.
This morning ........fine again ! So who knows ?
But the workout didn't seem to bother it, so that is good !
Glad yours is better too Jane ! :):)

I just had my egg beaters and it's time to get busy !

Becky

Hello Ladies!

This is what I get for coming on the boards in the late morning...you all have posted :)

No more schools days until August 20th...so I need to plan well to get my workouts in as early as possible.

Today I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster plus CLX Burn Circuit 2.

Tammy a month of kbells sounds great I may do that this summer once I'm done with this last month of CLX.

I want to get a month rotation of Squeeze Stronger w/ runs next month so perhaps Aug will be kbells :p

I was doing Turkish Get Ups last night as my son wants to learn so I was showing him how then give him Lisa Shaffer's kbell clinic dvd to look over.

Becky that cardio you did sounded nice...sometimes I need to throttle back and just do a nice walk w/ vest too.

I hope your knee feels better.

Phyllis I was thinking of you the other day when my son was telling me that he is thinking of volunteering at the animal shelter this summer (he & his friends have had no luck finding jobs as no one is hiring) He'll be 17 1st of Sept and does not want to be idle during summer break. Anyways any tips for me to tell him?

Jane oy on the knee pain..my dh just had his MRI results yesterday only to find out his knee pain is from arthritis so the doc mentioned glucosamine supplements. Do you us that? and if so does it help with the pain?

Conni the rebounder sounds like a very sane way to keep the joints safe while doing hi impact moves. Good for you ! :)

I hope I covered everyone !

hello Annette!

Have a great day Ladies!

picture.php

Vilma - my rheumatologist is pretty ambivalent on glucosamine. He doesn't think it will hurt but doesn't think it will help either. Since mine is an autoimmune disease, only meds like Humira can stop the damage. I do take Mobic for inflammation though.

I did Hardcore Extreme - Interval Blasts. I skipped the KM LCDs and it clocked in at about 55 minutes.

It consisted of IMAX3 step combos and blasts mixed with KM blasts.

Vilma, tell you son to visit the shelter before he commits and to ask what his duties might be. I have a friend who volunteers but all they let her do is laundry and scooping cat poop! She doesn't get to walk the dogs or truly interact with the animal. Also, does your son have any allergies? That wouldn't be good. I think his best bet would be to find the shelters website and contact them that way. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.