Daily check in Thurs Dec 13

pwmatt

Cathlete
Hey everyone!

My back is feeling normal again. I think I just need to be careful. Work has been physcially demanding for the last couple of days and that hasn't helped.

Becky, I think that HSTA is the one I don't like too. I think that's the one with all the leg presses. I'll probably be either subbing for the whole thing or just some of those exercises when it comes up on the rotation.

Today will be CK. It's a relief to not have to drag out any equipment!

Phyllis http://www.rykat.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/arrowhead.png

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Glories!

IM#3 is on the rotation today, but since I'm not too fond of that one I'll be substituting an interval run on the treadmill. I also have to do some ab work. We are going to get some snow today...I think it is going to be a VERY long winter.

Phyllis ~ Glad your back is feeling better. Have fun with CK, that one is fun!

Patti ~ We will have to GTG after all the holiday madness is over so that we can plan a trip to see Fancy Nance :D How is your Mom?

Have a good day ladies!

Daily Check-in

Good morning! Well, it is morning anyway. I have a fierce case of PMS, and I am tempted to eat anything that is not nailed down and can’t outrun me. I am officially falling off the December rotation this morning. Running is Cathe’s game plan for today. I fear that I might run to Cracker Barrel! It is actually in the 30s this morning and way too cold for this Texas girl. I am not a treadmill runner either, and the morning staff at the club would pass out if I walked in after all this time! I have not been to the club since Halloween, and I do not remember the last time I was there in the morning.

The weather in Texas is crazy this week. It has been cycling between hot and sunny (in the 80s) to cold and rainy (in the 40s) on alternating days. My body is in shock! Thankfully, I am maintaining a positive attitude and keeping the blues at bay. I invested in a light box last year (as therapy for SAD). That helps. I have also learned to be gentle with myself this time of year and keep stress to a minimum. I spend more time reading, watching movies, and relaxing with friends. I do not pressure myself to be as productive. Blessing my body with more sleep and taking time to rest and recharge is more beneficial. I am content to maintain my weight this month. I enjoy treats in moderation and drink plenty of water. I do not stress over trying to be perfect with my eating. And Cathe’s fun workouts, praise God, just plain make me happy! The December rotation so far has been perfect for me because I need fun and less demanding workouts this month. Pushing myself too hard or going to the opposite extreme and not working out at all can send me sliding down a slippery slope into a pit of depression. I am not in the mood for running today or HSTA leg press hell tomorrow. I have not done a non-Cathe workout in months, so I may pull out a Kari or Christi dancy hi-lo workout this morning.

I had a run-in with miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups and Hershey’s Hugs this week. I lost the fight!

Phyllis, High Step Training has tons of leg presses and the worst music! If I could change the music in one Cathe workout, it would be that one.

Tammy, I miss you. I need to eat some Cabot extra sharp white cheddar cheese in your honor. I love IMAX3 when I modify the blasts for my rebounder. It has the best step choreography of any of the IMAX workouts.

Conni, I will be thinking about you while I dance and twirl with Kari or Christi this morning. Rob looks like fun by the way!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Phyllis: I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. My back has been pretty stiff in the a.m. requiring me to do some stretches.

Tammy: I definitely think after the holidays would be best for a FancyNancy visit. My mom is doing pretty good. She's at a nursing home for rehabilitation so we can get her home and put her back to work cooking and cleaning }( }( (that was a joke of course.) I'm hoping to leave today before the snow hits and get the SO to drive me in tomorrow because he will of course have the day off.

Heather: I sure would like some 80 degree breaks in my winter. I'll need a light therapy box, a palm tree, a few margaritas, and a chaise lounge to overcome my winter funk.

I did Amy Bento's Slo Mo chest and back last night. Tonight will be shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I really, really like this workout and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a slow & heavy workout with unique exercises and bumpin' music!!!

Hi everyone,

Beavs- I am so totally hooked on SloMo! I did a rotation last month with it and really liked the results!

Heather - Oh yes, I did Christi yesterday. Did you see she is coming out with some new workouts????

Today was CK, I subbed Patricks' Step my Way and the ab workout from CW.

Tomorrow will be a legit sub for HSTA, I don't have that one!}(

Hey Girls.

I did 4DS legs and k/b cardio today. I was supposed to do pull/chin ups with it but I dorked out and forgot! ACK! LOL

I am thinking of doing some yoga tonight after DS goes to bed.

Have a great night.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.