Daily Check in Sun Jan 21

pwmatt

Cathlete
Phew, Cleanmax wiped my out! I was sweating buckets! (I used the water to mop the floor :)

Didn't feel like doing anything this AM,so I'll just do the last minute things for the baby shower.

Jane, I hope to today goes well for your dad.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I am still recovering, so I am staying at home this morning to rest instead of going to church. It is supposed to warm up to 60 degrees this afternoon. I will venture out to the grocery store later today and enjoy the warm sunshine. The sun is already providing welcome relief from all the dark and cloudy days.

Friday was another active recovery day for me. I enjoyed both of the stability ball segments on the Total Body Stretching DVD after my quiet time, took an extended lunch hour so I could rest, and rested after work. I was still battling a cough and a lot of congestion in my head. I had watery eyes and a tickle in my throat too, so I knew that the mountain cedar was getting to me. I started taking Benadryl-D. It seems to be helping, but it makes me sleepy. I am not experiencing any cramps with my cycle this time, so that is good.

I am doing my best to maintain a positive attitude. This year is not going according to plan so far. I am tired of feeling bad, and I am making some positive changes to my way of eating. I am going to start blessing my body with more fruits and veggies. I intuitively crave an abundance of fresh fruit and salads in the summer. It appears that I will need to discipline myself to eat what I know blesses my body in the winter. My pastor encourages me to do it as a discipline until it becomes a delight. I feel better and have abundant energy when I plan menus for the week and eat small meals or snacks every few hours with a good balance of protein, whole grains or starchy veggies, and fruit or non-starchy veggies. My weight is not my primary concern at this moment. I want to get well and feel good again!

Even though I was still under the weather yesterday, I had fun with Cardio Kicks. I modified some of the jumping moves to keep from getting too hot. I did a gentler version of the workout than usual, but it made me feel good to do something. I wrapped up my workout with the planks and abs from Kickbox on the Ab Hits DVD.

I still need to plan my menus for the week and do my grocery shopping. I fine-tuned my 8-week rotation that I am hoping to start tomorrow morning. I will have to play it by ear and see how I feel. I was originally planning to start this rotation on New Year’s Day. I had a food hangover after the holidays and decided to gradually ease back into my rotation with gentler workouts for the first 3 weeks of this year. I may wait another week to start this rotation. I will share more details about my game plan tomorrow.

Do y’all take an antioxidant supplement or do you feel that you get everything you need in the form of fruits and veggies? I have been taking a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement, and I am thinking about adding a Vitamin C supplement.

Be sure to rate Cathe’s workouts before February 4, 2007:

http://www.cathe.com/question/workout_rank.htm

Have a blessed Sunday!

Jane, I am praying for you and your father.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Good morning,

Jane - My prayers are with your family as well...

Phyllis - I went nuts on Cleanmax yesterday, but it is a good feeling. We are going to be listing our house by next month, so it is a means to an end ( at least that is what I keep telling myself as I wash walls..;-) ).

Today was MIC; this is not one of my favs...so I did the Hi/lo portion, the step workout from PUSH ( Kari A.),and then the interval section from MIC step, cooldown, stretch and abs from Allstep.
The step section is really boring for me, so I figured out a way around it! Got plenty of cardio in, that's for sure!

Have a great Sunday!

Hey everybody...

thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers for daddy. He still has the inflated packing in his nose and it really hurts. He is going to be at the dr.'s office at 8 a.m. in the morning when they open. He wants it out ASAP! They also need to get his b/p meds regulated... it doesn't help though that he is getting his days mixed up and taking two doses on a day and then the next day takes nothing, this is what happened Friday.

I'm off work... tired... eating like crap!! I'm going to drag myself in there though and do PLB/PUB bonus combo. I need to get a workout under my belt to see if I can get control of this stress eating I have a tendency all to often to do.

Hi Ladies!

MIC for me today. I love revisiting the oldies and boy did I work up a sweat!

Phyllis: Have fun at the baby shower.

Tig: Enjoy your well earned rest day.

Heather: I truly enjoy reading your introspective posts. Continue to think positively and you will achieve your goals.

Conni: Great workout! We are also thinking of putting our home on the market, so I have a lot of cleanmax in my future!

Jane: Continued prayers and good thoughts for you and your Dad.

It's done thank goodness.. PLB/PUB bonus combo with PLB floor work thrown in. I'll pick up the PUB abs and 20 min run in the coming week. I feel almost human again...

>It's done thank goodness.. PLB/PUB bonus combo with PLB floor
>work thrown in. I'll pick up the PUB abs and 20 min run in
>the coming week. I feel almost human again...

GOOD FOR YOU JANE!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.