Daily Check-in Sun 1-7

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....

I can feel DOMS settling in from PLB yesterday, especially in the hamstrings. Today will be PUB. I picked up some 20# DB's last night at Dick's. Movin' on up! I also got all of my workout equipment moved into a spare bedroom (son's old BR) yesterday. I have my TM in there and a TV and DVD player. Most likely I'll be doing only weights in there though, I believe it will be too small of an area for step which I will still have to do in the living room.

Up way too late last night, 11:30 and woke up at 5:eek: When I wake up, that's it, I'm up at 4 or 5 on workdays so I guess the old body clock is kicking in.

I stayed up and watched the Dallas game last night. Oh my, what a heartbreaker that was!

Good Morning Jane and all who follow.

Jane, Good job on the DOMS from PLB!}( I am workin' on my 2nd day of DOMS from BM2's double upper body premix on friday!:) I hope you are hurtin' tomorrow from PUB as well. ;)

I'm resting today. My neck is on the mend. I am PRAYING it's all good by tomorrow because I am supposed to begin P90X and if I don't, I'll have to wait another week to keep the schedule I want!!!!:-(

Okay, enough complaining out of me...have a great day ladies. :)

Good morning.

Wendy, I hope your neck feels better soon! How did you like that BM2 premix? Was it grueling?

I'm planning on Imax 3 today, although I'm not really looking forward to it.

Jane, congrats on the 20#! I recently got some too, but I'm still working up to them. I can use 20 for the heaviest back in PUB. Hopefully, I'll be able to work up to using them for chest too.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt check out new pics posted 12/20

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was DM total body and that was harder than I thought! I was sweating and heart racing! That was almost like an aerobic workout! Well today I plan on doing some sort of cardio but don't know what yet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

kim

<<<<<Jane, congrats on the 20#! I recently got some too, but I'm still working up to them. I can use 20 for the heaviest back in PUB. Hopefully, I'll be able to work up to using them for chest too.<<<<<<

Phyllis... I hope to work up to 20's on chest too. I'm going to mainly use them for back and triceps SOHP's. Another thing that I wanted them for is PLB. Cathe is way too fast at the change out on the BB in that w/o. I can't keep up and keep having to hit pause which I hate. Now for the legs presses, squats, etc., I can start with 15 DB's on my shoulders for 30#, then use the pre-set BB at 35 next, then use the 20 DB's on my shoulders for 40#. It will make the workout a lot smoother for me.

Good Morning Fit Chix!

Today is rest/stretch day, so I'm going to do some Yoga. My LB Doms have been replaced with UB DOMS from PUB yesterday...oh my! I'm really liking this rotation!

Jane: Congrats on the new DB's! I also have a hard time keeping up with the BB changes in PLB....so nice to find out I'm in good company;)

Phyllis: Good luck w/IM#3 - that's on tap for me tomorrow.

Tig: I hope your neck feels better soon.

Kim: DM is a great workout...and lots of fun too!

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Imax3 is done! I have to modfy certain blasts, taking my step down to 4 in. I think it's blast 6, where you straddle the step and jump on and off, ending up with JJ on the step. I find that difficult. I also have trouble with straddle taps. Actually, any movement that is fast gives me trouble. Must be something with the fast twitch fibers. Yea, that sounds like a good thing to blame it on!

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt check out new pics posted 12/20

Hi everyone!

Hi Phyllis - I did Imax 3 today also, I wanted to get an extra cardio day in on the January rotation so I will do another step workout tomorrow, then go to CT for Tuesday. I also did Ab hits.

I also do some modifications; my body doesn't like the shock of jumping off the step so I never do those moves, but this workout is still the hardest of the Imaxes, imo. I just do the JJ on the floor, and step down when they jump down.
I also have to concentrate on the straddle taps, I once fell right on my rear end on the step during those in Imax 2, and it is a moment I don't want to relive!

Have a good day!

Daily Check-in

This is another late check-in for me. I am staying on track with my eating and workouts even though I have not been checking in every day! I have not checked in here since Thursday night, so this is my update for the last few days.

Friday was a gentle workout day by design. After my quiet time, I did both stability ball segments on the Total Body Stretching DVD. I love this workout and the way I feel during and after the soothing stretches. The non-equipment segment is my least favorite because there is nothing unique about it. Because Cathe incorporates those stretches in her workouts, I decided to just enjoy my favorite segments. The second segment is my absolute favorite. It is so relaxing. I like the third segment too. I love using my stability ball. It adds a fun factor for me. It is my goal to do at least one long stretch workout every week. This is one area where my rotation has been out of balance in the past. Focused ab and core work is another area, and getting one solid ab and core workout every week in addition to the shorter segments in Cathe’s workouts is another goal for 2007.

Saturday was a restful day. After my morning quiet time, I did Cardio Kicks followed by the planks and abs from Kickbox on the Ab Hits DVD. Cardio Kicks was my first Cathe workout, and it is still a favorite. It is more hi-lo than kickboxing, but I love it. I like all of Cathe’s kickboxing workouts for different reasons. This one makes me sweat even on a cold January day. The CTX Series has some great ab work. The Kickbox planks are super tough. I did my best but had to rest. My core is not as strong as it needs to be, and the extra weight is not helping.

My friend Rebecca called yesterday afternoon to share that she lost 5 pounds this week. She returned to the club and started working out in the cardio room. Both of us desire to shed 100 pounds this year. We are close to the same height and size. I am looking forward to jogging in the pool again soon. My swimsuit is way too tight after my holiday weight gain, so I decided to wait a few weeks. Rebecca is not ready to get in the pool again for the same reason. She shared with me for the first time yesterday afternoon that she has always dreamed of running too. We are hoping to reach our goals together and start running in September after the Texas heat subsides. Hopefully, both of us with be light enough to handle the impact by then. It would be so much fun to run a race with her. I am so thankful that God has provided a friend like Rebecca to enjoy this journey with me. She is really the only friend I have who is actively supporting me (aside from all the precious support I receive here). It is fun to have a friend who is willing to exercise with me.

Today was my planned rest day. I enjoyed a long nap this afternoon. I reviewed my journal and Cathe calendar for the first week of this year. I am pleased with my progress. My game plan of adopting a marathon mentality and learning to pace myself is working for me. It is fun to look at my calendar after a week and see all the workouts and colored dots. I stayed on track last week and accomplished all my workout goals for the week. This calendar is a powerful visual training tool that allows me to see at a glance where my rotation is out of balance. I am using removable stickers to mark my workouts on my calendar so I can plan a week in advance and make adjustments as needed during the week. I use color coding dots to keep track of cardio, weight training, ab and core work, and stretching. It is an easy way to see at a glance that I am getting a good balance of each of these every week. It is my goal to incorporate weight training at least twice a week as well as focused ab and core work and a long stretch segment every week. I am a cardio lover, so I naturally enjoy plenty of cardio in my rotation without planning for it.

I am ready to enjoy a warm bubble bath and wrap up this day.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.