Daily Check In, Saturday June 2, 2007

Conni

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

Everyone sleeping in today??? I thought I would be a straggler!

Today is my sub for KPC - I am doing Amy's KBX and Cathe's ab hits.

Have a great day.

Hi Connie and all who follow!

I have a leg work out of choice and a run on tap for today.

Happy Saturday folks!:)

Good lovely Saturday Morning Hellos to Conni, Wendy and all who follow!

Today I will be doing some form of cardio - I'm thinking LowMax again or Step Heat and modify the high impact :)

Well check back later :D

Good morning Conni, Wendy, Vilma and all who follow,

I have so many things to do today that I don't know if I will be able to fit them all in.

I have laundry to do, a house to clean, I want to get an oil change in the car, get my haircut, get the grocery shopping done, and fit in workout, all before I have to leave for my stepdaughters gymnastics meet for the day. Plus I have to put the shopping list together. I feel a tad bit overwhelmed. The gym meet 1.5 hours away so that is big chunk of time driving somewhere. Sorry for the rant I sound like such a whiner.x(

Vilma have fun with your workout I like to modify a lot of the high impact stuff also.

Wendy if I have time I too will be doing a leg workout, it is supposed to be floor work from B&G. What do you think yours will be?

Conni I like Kickbox Xtreme, some of the move are a little complicated but I think the music is awesome and time flies by. I prefer to do it in full as opposed to her premixes.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Jenn:7

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

A rest day for me and boy do I REALLY need it!!!! I'm going to my nieces graduation party in Massachusetts so most of today will be spent sitting in a car. At least I'll catch up on all of my magazine reading:eek:

Conni ~ It is great to have you back!

Jenn ~ WOW! You have a very busy day planned....good luck!

Vilma ~ How is your knee feeling?

Wendy ~ Are you running outside today? Any races in your near future?

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

Vilma, Have fun stepping! I haven't been doing any step lately! I need to throw one in the mix one of these days.

Jenn, I just finished my leg work out. I did the GS 33 min timesaver and I added on the inner thigh floor work as well.

Tammy, I am not running outside. Would have had to head out too early to beat the heat and I wanted to work legs first. It's the TM for me today. I am doing a 5 mile race in a couple of weeks if I ever remember to sign up for it!:p :7 Have fun at the party!:)

Hi Jenn,

I agree with you. I do pretty much the same thing with her HLX also. I really enjoyed doing KBX today though, it really flies by and is more intense than KPC and CK. I ended up doing the abs from KPC just to tie the rotation together.

Workout is done for the day! :D

I ended up doing an oldie but goodie Step Heat.

This was my very 1st Cathe tape back in '95 and that tape is showing it's age - I may eventually need to replace it with the dvd version. It was fun going back :D

* Jenn - boy just reading what you have planned today overwhelmed me too lol. Have fun at your stepdaughter's meet.

* Tammy - my knee is feeling so much better (thanks) and I'll find out soon enough how it'll take a run as I have a CC for Thursday's scheduled run.
I'm actually toying with the idea of doing CC #1 come Monday after PUB.

Have fun at the grad. party today - how can you read during a car ride? I'd get awfully sick if I do that.

* Wendy - I did have fun going back to one of Cathe's older tapes.

* Phyllis - I opted to not do Low Max again. So are you ready for PUB tomorrow? Enjoy your rest day!

* Conni - so good to see you back posting again - but I did say that earlier this week - didn't I? LOL

Well I have bedsheets to wash and stuff to do here. I'll be doing errands with the hubby today so I'll be in and out all day.

Have a fabulous Saturday Girls! :7

Howdy gang!!

Oh Conni, it was soooo good to see you back. I read your post from yesterday, and I'm so glad DH is coming along. I've thought about you often and wondered how things were going with you and yours.

I did work out today !!! YAY!!!

I did The Viper, my all-time favorite circuit!

Need to get a shower. I have a graduation party to go to tonight and some things to get done before then.

Daily Check-in

June is off to a clean and refreshing start. After my quiet time yesterday morning, I enjoyed Stretch Max. Friday is my planned rest day. It is a good thing because I did not get to sleep until 2:00 a.m.

This was a delightful day! I am rediscovering the joy of the journey and loving the glorious freedom I am experiencing once again. I feel light and free in my spirit!

After my quiet time this morning, I got my Cathe fix. I finally bought the Body Blast Series on DVD. I opened my new DVDs this morning and did the cardio conditioning premix from Kick, Punch, & Crunch followed by the weights add-on, abs, and stretch from Step, Jump, & Pump. Fun, fun, fun! I ordered the Intensity Series on DVD Friday with a pink and white Cathe “embracing the challenge” baseball tee in a size large. I have a pair of size 12 jeans that are the same shade of pink. It is more encouraging for me to look forward to a goal outfit instead of focusing on the scale. Of course, I am a long way from a size 12!

I met a Cathe forum member this morning! I have been checking in with Jean (dreamyjeanie) for over a year, and it was such a delight to spend time with her this morning. She asked if we could meet for lunch, and I suggested a trip to the zoo instead. We walked over 2 miles this morning and had a great time. I am feeling much better about the Road Trip after my visit with her. I added a picture of us to my PictureTrail. I have been battling the temptation to get this weight off at any cost since I signed up for the Road Trip, but I am not willing to go there. I want to do this the right way this time. It is not worth it to lose a chunk of weight only to regain it after the big event. I decided to share my picture now and get that out of the way so I can look forward to the Road Trip without feeling anxious about being seen. Any progress I make will look better in comparison. No more pressure. I started over yesterday morning and returned to what worked for me in the beginning. I am still fat, but I am free! Hopefully, I will not be hauling a size 22 butt to Jersey in August. It will be fun to see Jean again in August and meet all my friends who are attending the Road Trip.

I took a long nap this afternoon, woke up feeling refreshed, and shared my heart and pictures in Open Discussion. I have shared my story in the check-ins before, but I am usually more reserved in that area. It feels good to reach the place where I am no longer defined by the size of my clothes or the number on the scale or what people think of me. That picture represents the way I look right now, but it does not define who I am. I am not what I weigh. I am not the size I wear. I am who God says I am. I am more than a conqueror. Glory!

I went to the worship service tonight. We had a favorite guest speaker who delivered a powerful message on surrender that affirmed everything the Lord has been teaching me this week. He was the pastor of a church in Israel for years. He always blesses me. It gives me glory bumps when he opens the assembly by sounding the shofar. Glory!

I made pizza tonight with a whole wheat pita, organic pasta sauce, string cheese, and Parmesan cheese. After eating a little over half of it, I realized that I was satisfied. I gave myself permission to throw the rest away. I do not have to eat everything that is on my plate just because I fixed it. I am returning to a more intuitive approach to eating with boundaries. Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Above all else, I will not be mastered by food or anything else on this earth for that matter.

Conni, welcome back! I missed you!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.