Daily Check-in Sat 12-2

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning fitness folks!

Tammy!! I loved your review on DM!! It looks like you liked the SB drill, the one I like least. I think my favorites include the one where you do the bow and arrow and pylo jacks and power jumping on and off the step and I LOVE the last one with the football drills! That is a FUN workout and it is tough. I can do the divebomber pushups (though my form does start to suffer on the third set) but the core pushups escape me. I don't know if it is a coordination problem or what. I just can't do them as fast as Cathe does. Those pushup/planks on the end, I definitely modify by going slower the whole time and not speeding up with Cathe.

I took my rest day yesterday since DD and I went out last night and got everything done that I'd planned for today. So, today I will get my tree up and my house in order.

My workout will be a Cardio Coach, I got them in the mail yesterday.

I am going to follow the Dec rotation, I'll start next Wednesday when I usually start my rotations. I'll be subbing Cardio Coaches for some of the cardio days, but I definitely need some strength training especially in the UB. I can't neglect the LB though, I've work way too hard to get it to this point.

Have a good one!

ETA - okay..... I just really took a good look at the Dec rotation. I had only glanced at it before. She is using all these premixes I haven't done yet! I believe I will follow it as is and just do the Cardio Coaches on the run days she has built in. My best results without fail have always come when I follow Cathe's rotations as written.

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I am glad that the weekend has finally arrived. I enjoyed my rest day yesterday. I have been tired all week for some reason. I imagine that my body is still recovering from the Thanksgiving holiday. Eating rich food takes a toll on my body in more ways than one. I like the way clean eating makes me feel.

I am planning to clean my living room this weekend and rest on Sunday in preparation for the start of my new Slow and Heavy rotation. I definitely need to plan a clean menu for next week to fuel these workouts. I will need to eat more protein. I craved beef like crazy last year, but I am hoping to stick with organic eggs, organic cottage cheese, and organic Smart Chicken for my protein sources this time. Blessing my body with more sleep will be essential too. I am planning to hit the ground running on New Year’s Day with a 3-month rotation, so this will be a 3-week dress rehearsal to see how my body responds to more intense weight training. I still need to decide if I want to follow the rotation I planned or Cathe’s December rotation. If I follow Cathe’s rotation, I will add extra cardio to it.

I need to go fix some steel-cut oatmeal in preparation for the Body Max 2 boot camp premix. I am hungry this morning and know that my body needs some fuel before I attempt that one. It will be time for Clean Max after that.

Jane, I love the Drill Max drill with the stability ball. I love hi-lo workouts, and that drill is pure fun. The next time I do the scrambled cardio blast premix, I want to repeat that one at the end before the stretch. It sounds like you prefer athletic moves. I love playful and/or dancy moves. I love speed skaters and tuck jumps though! My favorites moves involve turning and twirling. Just adding the turns to the v-steps in Body Max 2 makes the choreography more fun for me. Why a Wednesday start date? I am just curious.

Conni, I have a game plan for the next 3 weeks, but I will likely be joining you someday. I definitely know who to call when I get bored and want to shake up my routine! I have never seen you get stuck in a rut. My collection is full of Cathe workouts that are still new to me. The Hardcore Series workouts are still new to me, and I did my first 3-week rotation before the new ones arrived. I am starting my second 3-week Slow and Heavy Series rotation Monday morning. I did my first one last December. There are many workouts in my collection that I have only done a few times. I love them, but there are only so many hours in a week. I still love my favorites like Rhythmic Step. I tend to get stuck on a favorite and do it over and over again until I am ready to move on to something else. I might get better results if disciplined myself to add more variety to my rotation. I have been neglecting all my other workouts since the new ones arrived.

Tammy, congratulations on surviving Drill Max. The cardio premixes are fantastic and even more intense than the workout as produced because your heart rate stays elevated the whole time. Try the cardio leg blast premix next time. Can you tell that I adore “leg blast” premixes?

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Hey Heather.... maybe that drill will grow on me. I start my rotations on Wed because I need my rest day to fall on Tuesday. Even if Cathe has a rest day in the middle of a week instead of the end, I always start with the w/o after the rest day and work from there. I have Weight Watchers on Tuesdays at 5:30 and I don't get off work until 3 and usually throw my errands in there so I don't have to go "to town" more often (I work at home). By the time I get home, eat supper, feed the horses, etc... it is too late to work out.

Good morning everyone,

Heather - Anytime you want to jump in with me, the pool is always open! I think I don't get into much of a rut because I don't hesitate to do workouts by other instructors. I know I get bored soooo easy, so I really have to keep things changing...

Like today...I just got my Kelley Coffey dvds yesterday so today I did NYC, a toning workout that alternates between upper body and legs to keep the heartrate involved. Pretty good workout. Lots of variety in the weightwork, and the core work is thorough! I think I will like this for a day when I don't want to leave the room crying in agony!}(

Have a great Saturday, DS has basketball and then we are making Gingerbread men!:9

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today is B&G (Another first for me) and I also want to do some yoga.

Jane: I love the new workouts and I am also seeing great results from the November rotation. It is only week one and my weight is down 2 pounds:7! Enjoy your CC workout today!

Heather: Thanks for the heads up on the cardio leg blast premix from DM...it sounds....fun;)

Wendy: Enjoy your rest day....aaahhhhhh!

Conni: Mmmmmm:9...Gingerbread men!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

Hey gals! I ended up resting yesterday. I just couldn't find the energy after work to wo. So, today I'll to SS, the much needed upper body. Tomorrow I'll start the Dec rotation. It's going to be a crazy month so here goes!!

Tammy, good luck with B&G. You'll need the yoga afterwards. Hopefully, that will lessen your doms!

Does anyone have any idea why my smilies always end up showing after my picturetrail link instead of somewhere else in my message? It's very wierd!

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt:)

Daily Check-in

Good morning again! I did the Body Max 2 boot camp premix this morning. It is a fun workout, but it is not as intense as the original Boot Camp or some of the other Body Max 2 premixes. The cardio and weights premix is my favorite one on this DVD so far. The scrambled eggs premix is great for special occasions like Thanksgiving when I need to blast a bunch of extra calories and want my butt kicked in the process.

Jane, that makes sense. I could not imagine why you would want to start in the middle of the week. As for me, I prefer Friday or Sunday rest days with Sunday or Monday start days.

Conni, I have so many workouts that I love and so little time to enjoy them! In addition to my beloved Cathe workouts, I have Kari Anderson’s dancy hi-lo workouts that I love as well as a few Christi Taylor workouts. I have no desire to do any of my FIRM workouts now. I would enjoy more hi-lo. I will try not to make too big of a splash when I jump in that pool with you. ;-)

Tammy, it is fun. I promise! :7

Phyllis, I wondered that same thing when I first joined and finally figured it out. The smiley always goes after the last character typed in your message. If you click on the smiley as you compose the message, it will go where you want it to go. If you type the whole message first then try to add a smiley somewhere in the middle, it will go to the very end of the message. Try to type a sentence then click the smiley you want then type another sentence and you will see what I am talking about. You can always cut and paste it to the right place in the message or insert the keystrokes manually where you want the smiley to go. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.