Daily Check-in for Monday, January 22, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
My refrigerator is full of fresh fruit and veggies. I spent $84.00 on groceries for this week! I am tired of taking drugs. I took a full bottle of Tussin DM then switched to Mucinex DM and took the last one. I am not wasting more money on drugs. I bought more Emer’gen-C and plenty of produce. If that does not make me feel better, nothing will.

My eating is already clean, but I am taking it to the next level. I have been asking myself what one thing if practiced consistently for the next year would produce the greatest transformation in my body. My one thing in the area of eating is blessing my body with 8-10 fruits and veggies a day. That is my clean eating goal for 2007.

My thighs have gotten doughy since I stopped doing the Butts and Guts leg blast premix. Leaner Legs to the rescue! The first 4 weeks of my rotation will focus on workouts from the CTX Series, Intensity Series, and Body Blast Series. The last 4 weeks of my rotation will focus on workouts from the Hardcore Series and the new series. My general game plan involves cardio plus lower body every Monday morning, cardio plus upper body every Tuesday morning, step cardio every Wednesday morning, circuit training every Thursday morning, stretching every Friday morning, and kickboxing plus abs and core every Saturday morning with a rest day every Sunday. I may go to the club and jog in the pool too. I also want to start rebounding again.

My meals and snacks for Monday are packed. My rotation is planned. I am ready to kick some butt!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good morning Heather and all that follow....

Heather - clean eating is a must to reach our goals and sometimes I ask myself why in the world I continue to shoot myself in the foot in this area!! I will try to practice consistency with you!

MIC for me today. I am switching the days on MIC and DM because I did PLB/PUB bonus combo + PLB floor work yesterday and don't want to follow that the next day with DM. MIC is a TOUGH workout! I'm kind of looking forward to it!}(

Daddy goes to the dr this morning to get that device removed out of his nose. I'm sure he will be 100% better after that thing is out!

Have a good one.

Jane - glad to hear that your dad is on the mend.

Heather - I'm jealous of your inner fortitude!

I skipped MIC on the rotation. I took a rest day yesterday instead. I don't enjoy MIC. I probably should have subbed something I do like, but....
Today was BC.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

BC for me this morning.

Heather: I'm right there with you and Jane on the need to improve my diet.

Jane: I hope all goes well.

Phyllis: Hope the baby shower went well.

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Good Morning Heather, Jane, Phyllis & Tammy !

How is everyone? I've missed you all ~!

I am slowly getting workouts back into my life. I had a week of pretty good workouts in and then got the dreaded stomach bug that is going around and that flattened me for almost a week! (workout-wise)x(

Now I am back trying to get in 30 minutes of cardio a day and starting back with weights, by doing premixes or otherwise shortened workouts. Just shoulders, bi's and tri's from CTX ub split with lighter weights than I used to do , of course, left me sore for 5 days!!!:eek:

I definitely have a LOT of work to do, but it's a challenge and I'm excited to have it ahead of me!

I'm going to start posting again. SO! What have I missed? lol
Just kidding.:D

I hope this is the start of a great week for us all !
I'm picking out today's workout now. Will post again later, after it is completed.
:7

Heather, You have great determination. Stick with your plan and I'm sure you'll see results!

Jane, I am glad he'll be having that device removed today. Continue to keep us posted on his condition!

Phyllis, Sorry you don't like MIC. I've done it a few times but only once in full. Now you are making me want to do it again! Think it's a good sub for PlyoX? }(

Tammy, Have fun with BC. I haven't don't that one in a while. It's an awesome work out.

Becky, Glad you are back to your work outs. That stomach bug got my son, my hubby, my mom, my mil and MANY other of our family/friends at Christmas time and just after. *Knock on wood* I never got it. Glad you are feeling better!

It's the beginning of the X week 3 for me. Chest and Back and ARX.
I have to take Joey for blood work this morning. I was supposed to go last week but kept putting it off b/c it's gonna be awful. ;( x( ;(

Hey everyone,

Busy day here, Our auditors are here for a fun week in my department, so it should be interesting!

Welcome back Becky!

Phyllis - I am also not a fan of MIC, can only handle it rarely if that!

Jane - Best wishes for your dad today!

Today was BC!

Have a great Monday!

Hi all,

I did CTX Biceps (minus barbell work) and triceps (again minus barbell and pushups) and All Step abs then did the Warm up, segments 1 & 2 and combined 1&2 off of Amy Bento's Xtreme Kickboxing. I started coughing again so I thought best to stop but I did get in about 26 min. of a cardio workout so all in all not bad considering I had already done the 25 min. of weights before.

Have a great day!!:7

Chest and Back is done and I did BC core work instead of ARX. It was TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH after workin' upper body like that! YEOWZERS!}(

MIC is complete... wow, talk about feeling on top again, that one will get you there... what an endorphin rush that one is!!! Off to do PUB abs I missed yesterday and then feed the horses and then myself.

Becky - it is so good to have you back on the boards!

Daily Check-in

Good evening! I did Step and Intervals after a short quiet time this morning followed by Leaner Legs. Step and Intervals is a party in a box. I love the CTX Series. Step and Intervals has fun choreography at a fast pace and great music. Cathe packs a lot of action into a short workout. This workout has the fun factor of Step Works, Rhythmic Step, and IMAX2. It is not as intense as Cathe’s other interval workouts, but it is perfect for days like this. I danced around my step and felt so light on my feet! I made it through this express cardio workout with just a hint of a cough, but I got a little too hot during Leaner Legs. Mercy! Leaner Legs is one tough workout. My legs were shaking the whole time. After 3 weeks of doing Cathe’s intermediate workouts, this one was even more challenging than I remember. Without a doubt, this is the most intense lower body workout I have ever experienced. I am expecting to be super sore tomorrow.

My eating was great today. I had consistent energy throughout the day. Rebecca and I went to the club tonight and jogged in the pool. The warm water was soothing, and it felt so good to stretch my legs in the pool.

I have some really good news. My scale is still packed in a box, but I stepped on the scale at the club tonight (which is always consistent with my home scale). It is my goal for 2007 to average 2 pounds a week. My eating has not been as clean as it could be this month, I was not as active in general last week because I did not feel well, and my workouts have not been as intense. Thanks to the inspiration provided by my Cathe calendar, I have been faithfully sticking with my rotation while listening to my body and modifying my workouts as needed. Running with perseverance is working for me! I was delighted to discover that I have shed 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I am indeed lighter on my feet. It is not my imagination! I am an inch smaller in my chest, waist, abdomen, and hips. My thighs are stubbornly refusing to budge, but that is all about to change! With Leaner Legs and my beloved Butts and Guts leg blast premix in my rotation for 8 weeks, these thighs are going down!

My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. I am ready to enjoy a warm bubble bath, preview Step Blast, and bless my body with a restful night of sleep.

Thanks for the all the support and encouragement!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Great job Heather, I wish I had your will power when it comes to food!! You are doing WONDERFUL and off of a great start for 2007!! Keep it up and keep us informed of your progress!!!!!:7 :7 Need a jumping up and down icon for you right here!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.