Daily Check-in for Monday, January 1, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Happy New Year!!! I love new beginnings and fresh starts. Last year definitely did not go according to my plan, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn from history and face 2007 victoriously with a new game plan. I started last year on New Year’s Day in size 18 jeans at 200 pounds and ended the year on New Year’s Eve in women’s size 22 jeans at 230 pounds. That does not tell the whole story because I actually melted down to size 14 jeans at 180 pounds after Easter.

I have been reviewing my journals, praying, and pondering this week. What happened? The answer is quite simple. I had passion but not perseverance, and passion without perseverance is powerless. In true Heather fashion, I started out like a horse that had just been released from the pen. Being 100 pounds from goal, this race is a marathon for me. I was trying to run it like a sprint. No wonder I kept growing weary and dropping out of the race after a few miles! I believed the lie that someone my size should be able to shed 5 pounds a week. That was my definition of success. When I fell short of my goal, I felt like a failure. I got discouraged, I grew weary, and I gave up again and again. I am not a quitter, so I kept starting over. I am good at starting over. Historically, I have not been good at finishing the race. That is true in every area of my life. I have countless unfinished projects in front of me like organizing my home and completing all the Bible studies and books I started. But that is all about to change starting today.

I am surrendering all my plans for 2007 to the Lord. I am developing a marathon mentality and learning to pace myself. Running the race in record time is not my goal. Running in a way that glorifies God and finishing strong are my only desires. By eating in a way that blesses my body and running the race set before me with perseverance, I can shed 2 pounds a week without losing ground spiritually or emotionally. I can reach my goal by New Year’s Eve! I am surrendering my desire to reach the finish line by the 4th of July because attempting to lose 100 pounds in 6 months has never worked for me. It is possible, but I am no longer willing to push myself to the point of fatigue and depression for the sake of temporary progress.

I prayed and asked God to give me a word from His Word for 2007, and this is my theme: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart” (Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV).

I need to run with conviction, determination, and perseverance. This race is a marathon that will require endurance. This is not a sprint. There are no quick fixes. I need to learn to pace myself instead of starting with amazing enthusiasm only to grow weary and faint after a few miles. It is important for me to keep my eyes on the finish line and not be distracted by my personal appearance, the number on the scale, my friends, or anything else in my path. Victory will require me to free myself from unnecessary weights and other hindrances and distractions like too much time online and friends who are negative influences or otherwise unsupportive of my goals. The excess fat on my body is an obvious weight that needs to be released, but I still have some emotional baggage to unpack as well.

It is my determined purpose to finish the course. This will require me to keep running with endurance even when I encounter obstacles. I am more than a conqueror, and I will be victorious by putting one foot in front of the other when it is a challenge to do so and never surrendering to feelings of discouragement. I am focusing on Jesus, keeping my eyes on the finish line, and not looking to the left or to the right or comparing myself with others or concerning myself with what anyone on this earth thinks about me or my appearance. Above all else, it is my desire to glorify God and run the race in a way that blesses my body and honors Him. On a physical level, it is my desire to start running this year. I may even run a race before the year is over! My current weight will require me to run in the pool until I am free from the burden of this excess weight. I am dreaming of the day when I can run on land. That future hope represents true freedom to me.

I determined in my heart before the dawn of 2007 that quitting is not an option. I dedicated myself to fighting the good fight and finishing the course. My vision is clear. I am looking beyond the seen to the unseen and walking by faith, not by sight. My present reality is not pretty, but I see beyond the moment to something far greater. As of yesterday morning, I was stuffing myself into a tight pair of women’s size 22 jeans at 230 pounds. I started this journey to living fit and free on July 4, 2003, in women’s size 28 shorts at 260 pounds. I am not where I want to be, but I will get there by the grace of God. I packed my scale in a box yesterday morning and sealed the box. I made a commitment to fast the scale for 90 days. New Year’s Eve “before” photos are stored in my personal photo album, and my measurements are recorded in my journal. I am ready to start running the race.

Love and hugs to all my check-in friends. I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the finish line. By the grace of God, you will see less of me! Yes, 2007 is my year to shine. Glory! Enough talk. It is time to get some restful sleep and double knot my laces in the morning. Cathe is waiting for me. Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good morning Heather... we will be here with you as you begin your trek. That is what keeps me in line even when I falter, knowing I can come back here and get encouragement and a kick in the rear when I need it.

I finish up the December rotation today with the DM premix - Cardio Leg Blast plus 200 crunches/2 min bike maneuver/ 1 min prone plank.

I have glanced at the January rotation and it looks good. I need to take a closer look, then decide what I'm going to do.

I'm looking forward to posting my first workout on my new Cathe calendar.

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year Heather and Jane and all to follow!

Heather , I am in awe of your personal fortitude and commitment! I'm sure that you can achieve your goal.

I believe that I will begin Cathe's rotation today with Imax2, but I'll have plenty of modifications on some of the other days. I'll need to insert something instead of running. Also, I don't enjoy kickboxing, so I'll sub for that.

I too took my measurements, weight and BF numbers. I'd like to see a difference in the BF. so I'll be modifying my eating as well.I can't say that I'll eat clean, but I plan on cutting the crap!

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt check out new pics posted 12/20

Happy New Year all!!

I am going to do the January rotation to the best of what I can, and sub for what I can't. I had just done an interval step workout on Saturday, so I subbed Cardio Collectibles today in its' entirety, which gave me a good 60 plus minutes of solid cardio, and that doesn't count the warm up and cool down. I also did the abs from Allstep. SJP tomorrow!

Have a good day, everyone.

Hi Heather, and everybody else,

I did a shortened version of Cardio Kicks today for my workout. Should have done weights but alas I didn't. Need to lose some weight again and I hope that 2007 is less of a stressful year than 2006 was.

Have a great day!!:7

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is having a great year so far! I am deciding between the June 05,or May 06 rotation. I can't do alot of high impact cardio everyday right now,so I'm going with a rotation with two or three days. I knew Cathe's Jan. would be out of the question,so I have narrowed down what I will do to the two past rotations. If anyone has had good results with any of these please feel free to share.

I will be back later to report my first workout of the year!!

kim

Phyllis that is so funny cause I was just over there looking at it! I did see it the other day and had some questions and just wanted to take another peek at it before I made up my mind. And I think I will go for FitnessFreaks rotation. I guess I really have to hit the weights now huh? Thanks Phyllis!

kim

Happy New Year!

I'm doing the January rotation...how could I not as it starts with my most FAVORITE Cathe workout. I also did the stability ball abs from B&G and did some wide grip pull-ups.

Tammy - I'll be doing the Jan rotation with you but will be two days behind you. I finished up the Dec rotation today with DM cardio leg blast premix and because I was feeling so energetic, I added on the bonus cardio and blast from LIC. I still have the homemade abs routine to do which I'll get to in just a bit. I love IMAX2 and am looking forward to Wed. Tomorrow is my rest day.

Hey guys,

I decided to do FitnessFreaks Jan. rotation and boy I am going to pay for it! I haven't lifted weights in so long that my arms are shakin' even after my workout! My first workout was GS chest&tri's which I will definitely feel tomorrow!:) I have B&G abs left to do, but I will wait a couple of hours on that.

Hope everyone has a great night!

kim

Heather: Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We will be here to support you on the long road ahead....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Daily Check-in

Good evening! I enjoyed a restful day. After my Bible study, I started my fitness journey for 2007 with Rhythmic Step. I was tempted by Cathe’s January rotation. It looks very similar to the rotation I planned for the first 8 weeks of the year. In keeping with my desire to pace myself, I decided to change my game plan and gently ease back into intense workouts instead. I reviewed the rotation Cathe planned for me when I first joined her forums and was inspired to put together a 3-week rotation with some of her less intense cardio workouts and gentler circuit training workouts. I only worked out once last week, and I was going through the motions the week before. With all the sugar and junk in my system and the extra weight I am hauling around, I decided to bless my body with a gentler approach. I am so glad I did. Rhythmic Step kicked my butt this morning, and it is not as intense as some of Cathe’s more challenging workouts. My commitment to running with perseverance was tested on the first day of this new year because I was wiped out by the second combination. I kept pressing on until it was accomplished. My mind was foggy, and it was a challenge for me to focus on the choreography this morning. It amazes me to realize how dramatically the food I eat affects me physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I took a long nap this afternoon then went to the grocery store and stocked my refrigerator with plenty of food that will bless my body. I am taking a break from animal protein for a few weeks. I know my body well enough to know when it is time to return to a plant-based way of eating for a season.

I am hoping to start the 8-week rotation I planned in 3 weeks. I am treating the first 21 days of this year as preseason training to increase my endurance and strength and restore my body after all the celebration indulgences last month. I fasted during the day today. I ate a banana tonight, and I am ready to enjoy a bowl of steamed steel-cut oatmeal with natural peanut butter and raw honey. Yummy! I am starting to feel better tonight. I look forward to the abundant energy that will be my reward for eating clean and blessing my body with exercise and rest.

Thank you for all the love and encouragement. Y’all are treasures! I am amazed that you are so positive and patient with me after watching me start over so many times. I love you more than words can say.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Hey girls,

finished B&G abs with ankle weights and the only problem I had was after doing GS C/T I could hardly do the crunches with the weights. I just blew off the weights and did it without. That seemed really hard for me to come up with weights and punch out. Heck I had trouble coming up!LOL!

Have to find a sub. for BodyMax2 cardio for tomorrow.

Have a good night!

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.