Daily Check In Monday, December 18...

Conni

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!

We are on the xmas homestretch, going crazy with all the last minute tasks we need to complete! I am feeling a wee bit stressed, but that should subside by the middle of the week, when I have myself organized.

Today was HSC, kicked my butt but good! I haven't done it for awhile and boy did I feel it!

Have a good Monday!!!

Hi Connie and all who follow.

I did PUB chest and tris this morning and will be off to the gym in a few for some kind of cardio...probably a run, I must admit. ;)

Have a great day!

Daily Check-in

Good morning! Well, it is morning anyway. I got caught in a hormonal hurricane last night and did not sleep a wink. I was hit with killer cramps before bedtime that left me crying for my mommy. It appears that my cycle will be rough this month. What do you girls take for PMS cramps? I have not suffered like this in years and avoid drugs as much as possible, but I would have taken something last night. I settled for warm bubble baths and a heating pad instead.

I jogged on my rebounder Saturday morning and did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. I did not get much else accomplished Saturday other than buying a few gifts. I had a blast with my friends at a Christmas party Saturday night. I have not laughed that much in months. I faced all the food temptations without overindulging. I ate half a cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread before I left home. It is not good for me to eat rich food or sugary desserts on an empty stomach. I took organic tortilla chips and Hell on the Red mild party dip so I would have something relatively clean to eat. I surveyed the desserts and used a knife to cut bite-size pieces of several desserts so I could taste each one. The fudge was my favorite, so I ate a small piece of it. Putting a whole piece of everything on my plate would have tempted me to eat it all mindlessly while laughing with my friends. I tasted a tiny bite of each dessert and ate a small piece of fudge as well as a handful of tortilla chips and salsa. It was definitely not a clean eating day, but I am pleased with the way I handled this.

I stayed at the party until after midnight and did not get to sleep until 2:00 a.m. Sunday was my planned rest day. Not that it was restful. I am definitely living in holiday blast mode. After church, I enjoyed a short nap because I desperately needed it.

I am craving water and fresh fruit. I am sure this is my body’s way of balancing out the rich piece of fudge I enjoyed at the party. I was a little sluggish yesterday morning. When I eat dessert late at night, I feel it the next morning.

After watching the Gym Styles again, I decided to order them this morning along with High Step Circuit and Body Fusion. I want the latter for recovery weeks, and the Gym Styles are growing on me. Cathe has some unique exercises in this series. The back work looks really good, and that is a weak link in most home workouts. I keep telling myself that I do not have to do the workouts as produced. It appears that I may have a nearly complete Cathe collection by the end of 2007. I still need to upgrade some of my videos to DVD for the premixes. I want those to be rewards for fitness milestones. My VHS workouts are relatively new and in perfect condition. I cannot justify buying DVDs of the same workouts without a good reason. I did a search and found out why Cathe looks so tired in Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. She filmed it in the afternoon after filming Gym Style Chest and Triceps in the morning. I cannot imagine filming both of those workouts on the same day!

I am going to work late this morning. My cramps have subsided, but I need to get a few hours of sleep before I drive.

Conni, I am planning to jump in the variety training pool with you after the holidays!

Wendy, have a great day!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Hey Heather,

I know you will probably get more holistic answers to the cramp med issue, but I have used good old Midol with alot of success, I hope you feel better. This is not the best to be feeling this way, is it??:(

Hi all,

I did Hardcore Kickbox Circuit today. Hopefully I will be back in the swing of things this week. Haven't even begun to Christmas shop yet. sigh. My poor dh just isn't in the Christmas spirit in light of all that has happened recently. I am trying to be for the kids sakes.

Hello gals!

No calender for me yet:-(...soon I hope!

After doing PUB's chest/tri's this morning, I went to the gym and did a 20 min run and a 30 min interval elliptical work out. I was sweating like a pig! :+ When I came home I did 30 mins of yoga.

Tomorrow is the leg blast premix from B&G and a kickbox class at the gym in the evening.

Phyllis, Doing anything special while on vacation or using the time to catch up on things during the holiday madness?

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Hello everybody... my weekend is over with thank goodness and I got through today. I'm off tomorrow for my comp day but no rest for the weary... my DH has gallbladder surgery tomorrow and we have to be at the hospital at 8:30.

Heather - you'll love the GS's! I just finished BSB and CT combined... what a workout!

Annette - hang in there.

Conni - I am more than a little crazy right now. I need to pick up a few more gift cards but have all my shopping done except for that but just needing to get those is driving me crazy.

My calendar came today but haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Hello to the rest of you ^^^ there.

As I mentioned above, I did GS BSB and CT, skipped the c/d on BSB and the w/u on CT. I am once again caught up on my rotation. (although I am missing BG bonus abs... will plug those in tomorrow after we get home)

>>>We are an equal opportunity family!!<<<

Phyllis,

I had the same thing growing up by my parents divored when I was young. My dad was jewish, my mom-catholic. I celebrated Christmas at home with mom and at some point during Chanukah I would go with my dad to my grandma's house and celebrate with them. I also celebrated the other big jewish holidays with them every year as well as Easter with my mom. It worked out nicely.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.