Daily Check-In Monday, 5/7

Tamster

Cathlete
Good morning fit chicks!

I don't know what is on the rotation today, but I'm taking a rest day. I'll check back in later for personals.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Fitties!

Hi Tammy!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

I did. It was on the chilly side, even yesterday but now it's going to start warming up again. You KNOW that makes me happy!

Today starts week 2 on the Get Ready for Summer Rotation (updated), and it calls for ME Upper Body Split & Arm Drills from Cardio Kicks.
I've never done that combo before, and I'm finding I'm loving this premix rotation because it feels like I have so many new workouts!

Why can I NOT stop snacking at night? Last night I got out the pretzels and SALTED peanuts and even though NO ONE ELSE was eating I went to town, and this morning I feel bloated and THIRSTY!!!
I keep saying if I want to eat before bed, I'll eat yogurt or fruit and I always end up sitting with something crunchy & salty instead.
Of course it doesn't help, that TTOM is nearing.
Well, today is a new day (I feel like I'm saying that EVERYDAY lately!)

Sorry for my rant!!
Have a great day and sweaty workouts!!!

050208_10008324294.gif
:D

Good morning Tammy and Becky,

Becky - I feel your pain. Restraint was definitely not in my vocabulary yesterday. I ate too many sweets and chips at the cookout!

Today is B&G overall legs. I didn't have time to get it in yesterday.

Have a good one!

Good morning gals!

Tammy, have a nice rest day. Are you back to work yet?

Becky, I've bben snacking like crazy too! I ate an entire bag of popcorn in about 10 mins. At least it was light! I was feeling stressed because I can't get the caterer I wanted for my kids graduation party so I have to hunt around some more. I put off calling them until too late. Waaaa!

Jane, you'l like overall legs - it's a goodie!

ETA I did tough core and the lower body premix from LIS. It was definitely an easier premix and I didn't mind one bit!

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Everyone.

I have the weight work from the DM cardio and all upper body premix on tap for this afternoon. Tonight is my running class. We'll be doing hill repeats.

Have a great day folks!

Good Monday Morning Ladies!

Today is DM Cardio & UB Premix

This weekend went by as a blur and I could've used more time to hang out with my hubby.

Yesterday our tv had to go back to the store and got exchanged for this years model lol we only had it for a year when it started shutting off on its own. So now we need to get a new wall bracket as the newer version is slightly wider than the one it replaced.

* Tammy - enjoy that rest day today!

* Becky - It's gotten a bit chilly over here too at this moment it's 46 degrees - what happened to the 90's we were getting?
Enjoy your wo today sounds like a good one. I have that rotation printed up and in my binder for those 'just in case' times ;)
Ahhh don't feel bad I've been carbing bad myself since Friday night I believe (I was always hungry) ack! and yup it's pms time - drat!

* Jane - oooh B&G I love that wo :p have a good one :)

* Phyllis - good for you on your finished wo - sometimes having a nice lite one is so refreshing! :)

* Wendy - Good morning!
Could you explain to me what exactly entails a running class?

Hellos to all who follow !

Have a beautiful Monday Ladies! :7

Good Morning Vilma.

My running class is taught by 2 running coaches. They teach you about all aspects of running with discussions, hand outs, stretches for runners and ofcourse, physically doing it. I started last year with the beginners class that literally started off with walk/run intervals and worked you up to being able to do a 30 min run. This bunch of classes as well as the last bunch I took focus on different things like speed, hills, pick ups and the like. You do a different type of running work out every week. The classes go from beginner through advanced. I am in an intermediate class right now. For me, it's more of a fun social thing to do since I don't have any other hobbies ie: DH bowls on leagues. I made a friend during the first class. She couldn't do the 2nd round with me but is doing this round with me. :)

Hope I answered your question!:)

Phyllis, Jane, Becky: You all work so hard. Don't stress over some slips ups. Just remember that faster metabolism you have ;-)

Tammy: I think a rest day might involve a margarita....hmmmmm

Wendy: I hate running. I always get a painful stitch in my side but perhaps after a running class I might be able to manage at least a 30 minutes run ;-) Your posts inspire me to step it up a bit ;-)

Vilma: Perhaps your tv was turning off to get you to go exercise....or if you were with Cathe perhaps it was letting you know it was okay to stop and start eating some bon bons ;-)

I was tickled to have completed Drill Max in its entirety on Sunday. I'm thinking I might give a Body max premix a whirl tonight. It all depends on how the day goes....my mom is not feeling well and we are hoping it won't lead to a visit to the ER. She get these nasty vertigo spells...

>Vilma: Perhaps your tv was turning off to get you to go
>exercise....or if you were with Cathe perhaps it was letting
>you know it was okay to stop and start eating some bon bons
>;-)

LOL Patti it's our bedroom tv that was acting up - I wo in our family/living room where the big tv is at :)and I have enough space to sprawl all my equipment ;)

but I'm done with today's wo - it was good and I'm getting better with that last drill with the football straddle feets or whatever they're called I can picture car tires when I do those lol ;) and me wearing football gear lol :p

Wendy that sounds like an interesting class - I would love to find something like that around here.

>Wendy: I hate running. I always get a painful stitch in my
>side but perhaps after a running class I might be able to
>manage at least a 30 minutes run ;-) Your posts inspire me to
>step it up a bit ;-)
>I was tickled to have completed Drill Max in its entirety on
>Sunday. I'm thinking I might give a Body max premix a whirl
>tonight. It all depends on how the day goes....my mom is not
>feeling well and we are hoping it won't lead to a visit to the
>ER. She get these nasty vertigo spells...

I used to get that stitch as well. Still do but only on rare occassions now. The stitches decreased in number and severity as I got better and better and could run for longer and longer periods of time. You really have to take it slow when getting into running. I am sure you could do it though! Glad you enjoyed DM. It's one kick arse work out! Have fun with BM tonight. I rarely do that one in full. It's just too long for me! LOL

Wendy: thanks for the scoop. that makes me feel a little better. I always thought I was a wimp ;-)

Vilma: those dang squat thrusts with the tuck jump and hopping on and off the step are the double arse whoopers for me!! Zoiks! While there are only eight they seem like a hundred on the fourth one in. That's why I was so happy to have made it all the way through without too many breaks. I still simply cannot do push ups on the ball or the tricep dips. I flip my old fanny lifter upside down, put the ball in it, and try the push ups from there. That is tough enough. One day, when I can do them unaided I will throw a party and invite all of you. Hope y'all like margaritas :9

Hi all, for those wondering the weekend went really really well at work. Thanks to all who prayed or thought about me.

I did 20 min. of upper body doing various exercises off of MIS. Got a call in to come in tonight to work and I need to decide if I want to or not.

Have a great day!!:7

Those push ups on the ball are tricky, very tricky }( I need to put my sticky mat under the ball and just brace my core - somehow after doing it over and over from previous wo's - it can be done but they are tricky and my right wrist was not happy with me on those today. Ah well I do my best and that's it ;)

Hi all! I'm glad I took a rest day today, my body really needed it. Mondays are a VERY busy day at work.

Becky ~ I hear you on the premix thing. Ordinarily I wouldn't do them, but it is like having a bunch of new workouts!

Jane ~ A girl has to have fun once in a while...don't sweat it! BTW, that B&G premix will get you good!

Phyllis ~ When is graduation? My son doesn't graduate until 6/22.

Wendy ~ Have a nice run tonight!

Vilma ~ Wow! A new tv! Was it still under warranty?

Patti ~ I was dying for a margarita on Saturday...LOL! I hope your Mom is okay...keep us posted.

Annette ~ I'm glad you had a better weekend at work. I had a better day today at work too :7

Phyllis ~ It's okay that you really don't like DM...we'll still let you post here ;) ;)

>
>Vilma ~ Wow! A new tv! Was it still under warranty?
>

Thankfully yes and where were able to exchange it with no problem whatsoever. Hubby and I both breathed a sigh of relief as it was not cheap when we got it last year.

Phyllis -

Drill Max is not a favorite of mine because of those agility drills. I am getting better the more I do it but still it feels a bit weird for me. Like I said in a previous post; I picture car tires and me in football gear. Reminds me too much of HS PE class which I dreaded back then.

It is a different type of workout but I do it because for me it becomes a moderate - high intensity workout. I challenge myself to do that one and I tell myself it's just for an hour. If it were not for planned rotations I probably would not do it as much as I have - Gotta love rotations for that fact alone lol

In the end I always feel good that I put my best into it and got out of my comfort zone and worked out. It's a mind game for me ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.