Daily Check-In Mon 2-5

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning fitness folks...

Today is my last day of winging it, rest day tomorrow and will start the Feb rotation on Wed.

I believe I'll do a total body weight workout today. Haven't done MIS in a while, may pull that one out. Muscle Max is on the rotation for Feb and I did PUB/PLB bonus combo last month. Hmmmm.... MIS it is I believe.

I didn't sleep well last night. I went to sleep around 10 and woke up at 1:37 and that was it. I'll let y'all know how DS did his first night home when I hear from them today.

It's only 12 degrees here! I'm suffering with cold temperatures like this. I find it hard to function, even my wo this morning was no fun. I did LM, but it took me a long time to warm up. My living room was freezing.;( Then, I got cold from sweating. I had to take my step down to 6 in after int. 4. This morning was really a chore. I'm looking forward to my shower.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Ladies.

Jane, Have fun with MIS. Haven't done that one in ages!!! Is your son able to stay home by himself or will someone be with him while he recovers? Thanks for keeping us posted.

Phyllis, I know what you mean about freezing. It was barely over 60 degrees in our living room when I woke up at 6am this morning!x( Mind you, the heat is set at about 72!!!!!:eek:

Well today begins Phase 2! I am very excited to do new work outs! I kick it off with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps + ARX today. }(

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Is it Monday already....blech!!!!

Day #3 of the February rotation for me, so SJP it is.

Jane: I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last nite. MIS is an oldie but a goodie. I hope we continue to get good news about your son.

Phyllis: I hope you get warm today!

Tig: Good luck with C/S/T! The good news is that B/B is on Wednesday and that one is almost as fun as Shoulders and Arms!

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

BRRRRRRRRRRRR!~

It was -5 when I got up this morning!!! The house was freezing and it was HARD to get out of the warm, comfy bed!!

School is on a two hour delay so DD is just now getting ready for school.

I was motivated to workout this morning, just to warm up!:eek:
So I did the premix step & weights -and added abs from SJP.

Try to stay warm everyone!!! {shiver}

Good morning all,

DS has a weather day today, I wouldn't be surprised if he is off tomorrow, as it looks no better in the forcast here. Cold, cold and more cold!

Today was LL, then I did stretchmax 2. Can we squat city???

Stay warm and cozy, I hope all your furnaces stay functional!

Nothing like working out in sweat pants because it is cold in your house, UGH!! Our new furnace can't heat the whole house to the same temperature so while it is 70 degrees in the front of the house back here where the computer is it is 64-66 degrees which is chilly to me. It is 11 degrees here with a wind chill of -6. BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I did the Fat Blasting Cardio with weighted gloves today for my workout just so I could warm my body up.

Have a great day!!

Oh, and my visit with my father and his new wife went well. No problems and while it was hard to see him doting over somebody else and her doting over him I managed to make it through and my son played beautifully at his duet piano recital.

Thanks for all the prayers.:7

MIS is done. I'd forgotten how tough that workout. I had to go all the way back on my workout calendar to November 2005 to find the last time I'd done MIS!

Daily Check-in

This was a good Monday. I blasted off this new week of workouts with All Step for the second time plus Leaner Legs. I did not bond with All Step the first time I did it last May, but it was the weekend of the 20th anniversary of my best friend’s rape and murder. Needless to say, I was feeling too emotional to enjoy all the spins and twirls. I had a blast this morning, and I know that Lisa was smiling down on me! I love the creative choreography in this workout with all the twirls and spins, especially the rock press into a hop turn and triple turn the other way. Fun, fun, fun! The second combination is fun too. I would have preferred to enjoy the finished combinations a few more times instead of doing all those power 15s, but I still had fun. This is another short and sweet workout with a nice intensity, and it is a great warm-up for Leaner Legs.

I printed the Ultimate Guide Update for Cathe’s workouts. In my opinion, the original thread is more accurate in terms of intensity. I cannot imagine who rated Step Works as less intense than Step Fit. Cardio Kicks is listed as one of the most complex workouts, second only to Rhythmic Step. I was very surprised to see that because Cardio Kicks is not what I call complex. Apparently, most people do not think Step Blast is complex either. Step Blast has the most challenging choreography in my opinion. Rhythmic Step is one of the most enjoyable Cathe workouts. I totally agree! It is interesting to see how people perceive different workouts.

It was chilly this morning, but I am not complaining because the weather warmed up to the 60s after lunch. Of course, it is cold again tonight. I talked to a Ya Ya friend (who is also a member of Cathe’s forums) for the first time tonight and had fun keeping her company while she was waiting at the airport for her flight.

I bounced on my rebounder tonight. My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. I am ready for a warm bubble bath and some relaxation time before I wrap up this day.

Jane, I hope your son is continuing to recover at home. I hope you sleep better tonight. I am sending hugs and prayers.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.