Daily Check-In Jan. 17

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning fit ladies...

I didn't get in the 50 min brisk walk/stretch yesterday. I have my WW meeting on Tuesday (the reason why I have my rest day fall on Tuesday) and this makes my time short. I'm not too worried about it since it was day #7 this week and I like to have at least one rest day. I will probably get the walk in later on a day when I have a lot of energy.

Today's workout is suppose to be IMAX2 but still exercising caution with my knee, I will do LowMax. I don't think I'll miss a thing! LowMax always works me good!

The deep freeze has finally made it to NC. Low 30's this morning with the high only going in the low 40's today. I know other areas are a lot colder but with temps in the high 60's and low 70's for the last several days, this makes it feel colder!!

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning all.

Jane, it's much colder here in NJ also. It was only 22 when a woke. I despise the cold, so the unseasonable warm weather was a treat!

I think Lomax is a great substitute for Imax.It's up ther in my favorites list!

Annette, sounds like you need some chicken soup!

PUB for me today. I certainly cant do those pikes on the ball after that workout. I did crunches instead.

Heather, glad you are feeling more yourself. RS is a great way to bring up your mood.

Have a great day. Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning Girls!

Jane, Enjoy LowMax!

Phyllis, When I do PUB if I am including the ab work I will do it BEFORE the weight work!

I have shoulders&arms/ARX on tap for today. Today is also normally the day I take that evening step class at my gym for the extra cardio but I MIGHT opt to do Yoga X tonight (a day early) and take a class tmrw morning instead. Either way it'll all get done. :)

Have a good day.

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

PUB for me too.

Jane: It is 4 degrees here....brrrrr!

Phyllis: I LOATHE winter!

Tig: Hey Tig! We posted at the same time. That is what I do w/PUB abs too as after the workout my arms are like noodles!

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

Good morning,

Phyllis - I also do the stability ball segment first in PUB.

I did PUB yesterday by mistake. Today I did the backstroke and did KPC. I should be back on track for tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Phyllis, you are probably right, because now I am sick with my dh's cold that he gave me, and my son had a fever yesterday and is still coughing today.

I did manage to do Cardio Camp's hi/lo premix today with a telephone interruption.

I was down in weight this morning so that was a good thing.

My cycle is here too which doesn't help matters.

Have a great day!!
:7

Daily Check-in

Good morning! After another night of wild winter weather, I am iced in again this morning. I am waiting for the ice to melt before attempting to drive. I walked outside my front door after my quiet time this morning and discovered a thick layer of ice on the ground.

My Step Works party this morning was super fun! I had a blast. I love, love, love this workout from the fun warm-up to the funky cool-down. Figures 8s are among my favorite moves, so I was delighted when Cathe included them. I had fun with the first combination, but I was really flying high during the second combination with the power mambos and the full circle turns. Cathe’s creative choreography makes this workout an hour of non-stop fun. She does not waste any time breaking down the combinations. I love the fast pace of this workout. It is not dancy, but it is full of fun moves. Step Works is definitely in the same league with my beloved Rhythmic Step. It is just as much fun and much more intense. After this delightful workout, I am higher than a kite. It is cold and dreary outside, but I am warm and cheery inside. I am already looking forward to enjoying this wonderful workout again. I would love to do it again this morning! I am definitely adding this to the 8-week rotation I am planning to start next week. Did I mention that I love, love, love this workout?!

This was the second time I did Step Works. It was not love at first step. I did not bond with it the first time. I tried it for the first time last July at 10:00 p.m. after a long day at work. I was tired and had a hard time with the choreography. I am a morning girl, so my experience was much different this time. The choreography flowed beautifully, and I did not miss a beat. I still love Step Fit, but this one is way more fun. Since I like Step Fit and Step Works as produced, I am thinking about adding the first combination and dancy cool-down from Power Max after the warm-up and step segment from Step, Jump, & Pump. That sounds like fun, but I need to try it.

I was so light on my feet this morning, and my feet and knees did not bother me at all. I packed my scale in a box on New Year’s Eve, but I am confident that I am getting lighter because there is no way I could have done those full circle turns a few weeks ago. I am so excited. I did not have any coughing fits during my workout either, so I am happy about that too.

I am not sure if I will venture out today. I am still not 100 percent well, so a rest day would be good for me. I hope everyone stays safe and warm today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.