Daily Check-in - Friday April 17

luvtorun

Cathlete
Just getting it started.

How is everyone?

I am sore in my upper body from CardioKicks on Wed. Put a little extra umph into it and feeling it in the lats and medial delts. I'm awaiting DOMS from STS - chest, shoulders, and biceps that is sure to come later, especially in the chest, it never escapes DOMS.

Today is IMAX1 and since it has been forever since I've done that one, I am looking forward to it. I do remember it is hard on the legs but finally the DOMS is easing in the glutes.

Beautiful sunny day ahead here in the Carolinas. 72 and clear blue skies. Awwww.......

ETA - I've been meaning to ask Vilma or anyone who knows - what is CLX?

Also Phyllis, I may cave and buy those slanted risers since I can get then for $10 off and free shipping when I use my coupon and order them with the tower since the shipping will essentially be the same if I order only the tower or throw in the risers. I want the weighted gloves also. I'm thinking about the bands, I've heard Cathe say they are much more resistant than the green band I have.

Last edited:
*Good Morning Glories*

TGIF :D

Today is cardio for me, not sure what yet. :rolleyes:

Jane ~ CLX is Chalean Extreme. Good luck w/IM#1...I like that workout but I hate how long the warm-up is.

Hello to all that follow, I'll check back later. We are supposed to have a FABULOUS sunny warm day today :D:D

Hi Ladies !!!

Ha! Funny you asked that Jane about CLX......I've been reading stuff about it and wondering too............hmmmmm............
it seems from what I read you love it or hate it .
Who here is doing it ?? and what do you think ?

Today is back & biceps and last workout in Meso 2. Next week is rest week !!!! :)

Beautiful weather here too today.......sunny & 70's !
I love it !!!

TGIF !!!!

Becky

I think Vilma is doing CLX - not positive though.

Jane are you in a hurry for the risers? The tower wont ship for another 3 months. I'm not sure how they will handle your shipping. Will they wait and combine the 2 or split the order and just not charge shipping because it's such a large order? Not sure.

I'm looking forward to a beautiful day here too. I'm picking Lanie up from the vet this evening and i hope she isn't too sore.

Tammy - TGIF in a huge way!!

Becky, rest week is soo nice! I haven't been planning anything - just winging it. That brings me to today. I didn't do a formal workout. I tweaked some of my 1RMS that weren't right. I think that for meso3 it's important to get the weight right. I need to pick up some 25 lb DB's. It's on my weekend to do list. :D

Hi all,

Phyllis - Good luck with Lanie, I hope she is not in pain...:(

Tammy - I am so with you on Imax 1. I get turned off by warm ups that are sooo long, and Imax 1 is on that list! It makes me not want to do the workout, which isn't very smart, but dread factors play a huge role with me sometimes.

Jane - I hope we get some of that nice weather, I am laid off from my job next week ( only for a week) and am hoping for some sunny days. We should be in the 60's today though...

Today was Imax 2 and the abs from CW. I even did the happy dance with Cathe I must confess...

Well for a short workout Back & Biceps today was BRUTAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am actually SCARED of Meso 3 !!!! How am I going to lift any HEAVIER !??? :(:eek::confused:

I need to look ahead and see what's in store for me.

I think I'm GLAD there's a rest week first ! ;):p

Happy, Happy Friday!:D

Becky

Hi everyone,

Phyllis - I hope Lanie is feeling better today...:(

Tammy - I agree about Imax 1. It is a shame, but those long warm ups are a turn off for me, enough to make me shelve the workout for awhile.

Jane - We are at least getting into the 60's today, so I am not complaining. Go to Beachbody.com to see clips of CLX if you are interested. I would like to do that one, but the expense is not in the budget right now.

Back from NC....no workout but of course I now have Shingles, sigh... I can't catch a break anywhere.

Have a great workout.

Oh Annette ! I feel so bad for you !

My mom had shingles a few years back and was so miserable ! I hope you get over it soon. Did you go to the dr. ?
My mom got something that helped, can't remember now what it was though.

Feel better!!!

Becky

Hi Becky, Yes I just came from the doctor who told me that it was indeed Shingles and I got put on the antiviral but I may not have caught it early enough. Stupid thing lasts 14-21 DAYS!!! I am not happy about that though I have had it for at least 10-14 days already so maybe it won't be so bad. I am also taking Benedryl for the itching. This is my first time having it so I didn't know what it was.

Maybe it won't get any worse then Annette! Fingers are crossed for you ! I know it's awful.

Isn't there a vaccine for shingles now ??
I bet you aren't old enough for it.
I don't think they recommend it for our age........maybe 55 or 60 ?
Not sure about that .....

Get plenty of rest and feel better.

Becky

IMAX1 is done....

Conni/Tammy ~ that warm up is a little long but doesn't drive me nearly as crazy as the warm up in BM2!:confused:

Annette ~ take care of yourself. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with shingles. :(

Phyllis ~ I've emailed SNM to ask them if items in stock will ship when the order is received. They have always done this in the past but I want to make sure! I'd hate to pay for slanted risers and wait three months to get them! The tower is different since it is a preorder at a better price. I really want to use my coupon on those risers, that savings plus saving on shipping will save me a bundle on them!

Becky ~ you know you are turning into iron woman! ;) You will be ready for meso 3 when it get here. One week, huh!?:eek::)

ETA - Conni - thanks for the info on CLX but I think I'll stick with Cathe. I've tried other instructors but I like Cathe better than anyone I've tried.

Last edited:
Workout is done! I did CTX All step and then 4DS HIS :D Fun workout!

Annette ~ Take care.

Conni ~ I love that combo of IM#2 and CW abs.

Becky ~ Your scaring me :eek: I've saved STS for the fall :D

Jane ~ Great job!

Phyllis ~ Hope Lainie settles down for you.

Have a good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.