Crazy strong & loving it for Sep 30, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do Legs & Calves today!

I will be back to report my workout!

Have a great day and workout, everyone!

Today was Legs and Calves and I had an excellent workout again. Really loving this rotation!

2 minutes rest between each set except only enough rest to lower weights for the 25 repper sets.

LEGS:
Squats - 65#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Squats - 110#/6 reps - 3 sets
Squats - 65#/25 reps
***Went up 10# with the 6 rep sets and 5# with the 25 rep set.

Leg Press Station - 185#/6 reps - 3 sets
Leg Press Station - 125#/25 reps
***Went up 10# with 6 rep set and 20# for the 25 rep set. I should have went heavier with the 6 rep sets.

Leg Extensions - 85#/6 reps - 3 sets
Leg Extensions - 50#/25 reps
***Went up 5# for all sets. Good burn with the 25 rep set.

Elevated Deadlifts - 95#/6 reps - 3 sets
***Went up 5#. I didn't do the 25 repper with this. I feel that is way too strenuous on the low back. And my low back is fussy.

Lying Leg Curls - 55#/6 reps - 3 set
Lying Leg Curls - 30#/25 reps
***Last time 55# was almost too heavy so I stuck with that weight. By the 3rd set it was almost impossible to get the last 2 reps in. Got a good burn with the 25 rep set.

CALVES:
Standing Barbell Calf Raises - 120#/25 reps - 4 sets
***I did toes forward, toes out, toes in and toes forward with these. Really got a great burn here. Went up 5#.

That is all....

Ladies - I am sooooo swamped at work so I can't really check in. I did do back and biceps during my break (which I finally got at 1 pm). I did pyramid (reps of 12, 10,8,10,12) for 2 super sets then 1 super set of 3 x 8

SS#1
Pullovers into double-arm rows - 20,25,30,25,20

SS#2
DB Bicep curls into hammer curls - 12,13,15,13,12

SS#3
DB underhand rows - 31's
Alternating curls - 17's (felt like a weeny having to go with 17's, but arms were fried from the other bicep work)

I ended up working 9.5 hours and missed spin. Today I hope to get a run in after work.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Good morning...

Nora - I hope you are feeling better today. I can't get over some of the workouts you put out even when you aren't feeling well. You are a warrior!!!

Heather - sorry to hear you missed spin last night. And even sorrier that you had to put in a 9.5 hour day...:(

Debbie - do you lie flat on the bench when you are doing the lying leg curls? Sounds like I just answered my own question, doesn't it...:rolleyes: I've never tried leg curls lying flat so I'm curious.

I think I'm outta my work funk today. YAY! My legs are sufficienly sore from D23 last night. Looking forward to a Cardio Coach tonight. I'm hoping I have time for a long one, like V7. It will all depend on whether or not DD's soccer practice is cancelled. We are supposed to get some terrential down-pours & wind later today. So does it make me a bad mom to want the terrential down-pours & wind so that practice is cancelled and I can get in a long workout?!?!?!?!?! :p

Hi ladies,

DH and I just got back from the gym! Had a great leg workout! It's late here in Germany, I will shower/eat than I will post my workout!

Debbie - Holy cray, on your weights! Nicely done, girl!

Heather - awesome job on your weights today. Thank goodness, tomorrow is Friday:D at least you get a break from work.

Melissa - good job, last night! Have fun with CC tonight!

I will be back later!

Have a great day, everyone!

Quick update - had a chance to get home for a break. Opted for a 30+ minute run. Definitely what I needed to pound out some work frustrations.

Melissa - glad you're out of your work funk.

Hi girls!;)

I do feel a little better today but not at 100% yet. I did workout today and thankfully today's was a short workout compared to the usual type I do.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- FIRE 30 CLASS= 33Min
Calories burned= 383
Met Value= 8.50

Turbo Fire- UPPER 20 CLASS= 20
Met value= 4.50
Calories burned= 123

total calories burned= 506!'

Belinda- I hope you had an excellent legs & calves workout today!;)

Debbie- WTG, ^^^5's on todays legs and calves workout!!:D Holy Molly, on the leg press station weights you used, you rock!:cool:

Melissa- Yeah, I'm feeling a little better today but still recovering. Thanks for your well wishes.;) Congrats on the STS D23 Leg doms! I hope you have an excellent Cardio Coach workout tonight, you can do it!!:D

Heather- I'm glad you got to have a 30 minute plus break from work. It sounds like that quick run helped to eleviate some frustrations for you, I hope that refreshed you enough to go and face work after that. Hang in there girlfriend. ;)

I'll seeya all at tomorrow's check in, have a great night all.:D

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Good Evening,

Sorry I have been MIA just haven't been in workout mode this week. DH is sick and wants extra attention. Tonite I did TJ 20 min Cardio Party and Sculpt 30.

Stats:
19 min
12 in the zone
127 min hr
152 max hr
103 cals burned.

Sculpt:
28 min
19 in the zone
130 min hr
165 max hr
162 cals burned.

Good evening,

Here is what I did in the gym today: I really loving this rotaiton too, Debbie:D Got a good burn in my legs! I am sore since I started this rotation:D

Legs and Calves:

2 minutes rest between each set except only enough rest to lower weights for the 25 repper sets.

LEGS:
Squats - 60#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Squats - 90#/6 reps - 3 sets
Squats - 60#/25 reps

Leg Press Station - 100#/6 reps - 1 sets
Leg Press Station - 150#/6 reps - 2 sets
Leg Press Station - 100#/25 reps
(I had no idea DH put 150 # on, lol! Those are tough! I really felt those)

Leg Extensions - 50#/6 reps - 3 sets
Leg Extensions - 30#/25 reps
(I didn't liked the mashine in the gym, my legs were almost to short for this one!, need to find another one next time)

Deadlifts - 65#/6 reps - 3 set
Deadlifts - 45# 25 reps

Seated Leg Curls - 70#/6 reps - 3 set
Seated Leg Curls - 40#/25 reps
(I used the the leg curl mashine)

CALVES:
Seated Calf Raises - 50#/25 reps - 4 sets ( didn't feel like going up, my legs were fried)

Roxie - hope your DH is feeling better soon! Good job on your workout today.

Heather - glad your run helped! WTG!

Nora - glad you feeling a little better today! WTG, on TF today.

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.