Crazy STRONG & LOVING it for Sep 29, 2010

Hallo again,

I am done with Back and Biceps. I agree with you Debbie, those 25 reppers are a killer! I had to take a pause on those today:confused: I also did the warm up + stretch from GS Back and Biceps! I am still sore from Monday's workout:eek: My biceps are fried, really felt the burn on all exercises.

2 minutes rest between each set.

BACK:

Warm up:
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 55#/12 reps/ 2 sets

Workout:
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 75#/6 reps - 3 set
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 65#/25 reps

T-Bar Rows - 35#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 44#/25 reps

One Arm Rows - 30#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 25#/25 reps

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 60#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 45#/25 reps

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 23's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 15's/20 reps

Barbell Preacher Curls - 45#/6 reps - 3 sets
Dumbell Preacher Curls - 15#/25 reps (I was burning at this point)

Debbie - the T-bar row is the one that Cathe does in PS, rigth? I hope I did it right:rolleyes:

I will get cleaned up, than I will walk my dogs! I will be back later!

Have a great workouts and day, everyone!

Good morning all...

Belinda - nice job working back & bi's. My two fave body parts to work.

Sorry I haven't had much time for personals, girls. Work has been throwing me for a loop. Not so much the work as the person I "work for". I've been going home in such a bad mood that all I want to do is put on my sweats and baggy sweatshirt and plant myself on the couch. It's an awful feeling actually. Especially since I've never let anything from work carry over into my home life. Up until now that is...:confused:

STS D23 - Legs tonight. YEAH BABY! I don't know what it is but I love the STS leg workouts. I usually dread legs, but have been really looking forward to them this past month.

I'm actually thinking about repeating Meso 2 again before continuing on to Meso 3. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on that?

Today was Back and Biceps. Another puke status workout. Didn't like the 25 reppers today much.

2 minutes rest between each set. After the 3rd set I didn't rest 2 minutes, I lowered my weights and went right into the set.

BACK:
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 45#/12 reps - 2 sets - Warmup
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 75#/6 reps - 1 set
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 80#/6 reps - 2 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 45#/25 reps
***Went up 5# with both the 6 reps and 25 rep sets.

T-Bar Rows - 70#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 40#/25 reps
***Went up 5# for 6 rep sets, stayed the same with the 25 reps. Last time I only made 20 reps, this time I did 25.

One Arm Rows - 45#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 20#/25 reps
***Went up 5# with the 6 rep sets, stayed the same with the 25 rep set.

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 60#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 32#/25 reps
***Went up 5# for the 6 rep sets and 2# for the 25 rep set.

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 26's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 12's/25 reps
***Went up only 1# with the 6 rep sets, these were very hard. Stayed the same with the 25 rep set. Biceps were buring.

Barbell Preacher Curls - 57#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Preacher Curls - 30#/25 reps
***Only went up 2# for the 6 rep sets and man that was hard. I actually counted the weight because I thought I put more on then I should have. Went up 5# for the 25 rep set.

That is all...

Belinda - I made up workout sheets for this rotation. Are you interested? If so, pm me your email.

Last edited:
Hi ladies - not sure what I'm going to do today. There is a spin class at 5:30 so may hit the gym for biceps and back then spin. Really thinking a nice run outside sounds more appealing than being inside though.

Belinda & Debbie - you guys are rocking the weights. Wow. Nicely done.

Melissa - I hear you on work - mine is the work load though not the boss. It's never good to bring work home.

Hallo ladies,

Debbie - wow, on your weigths! WTG, girl! Of course, I am intersted:p I will pm you my email.

Melissa - have fun with D23 legs tonight! I will work mine tomorrow!

Heather - enjoy your biceps & back plus cardio later. There is a spin class tomorrow at lunch time, maybe I will join them?

Hallo to the rest of the gang! BBL!

Hi Girls!

I continued on with STS today. Did Disc 2, Back and Triceps. What a strange combo, these 2 aren't usually done together. But it was an awesome workout! I felt like I worked my back thoroughly! This is the only sunny day so far this week, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I'm going to take Buddy to the park for a long walk. Plus me and my family are going to The Big E this afternoon after school. it's a HUGE New England State fair. There will be a TON of walking there. BUT, I may eat beyond the calories burned. Not that I really want to. I hate to eat crappy and ruin my week with weight gain.

Belinda: WOWSERS! Those are some heavy weights you're doing! I'm super impressed!

Debbie: As always, you too! ANd the reps. Oh my! Looks like a really good rotation.

Melissa: Sorry for your work stress. That really really stinks. I had a patient this past weekend , a 56 yr old mom of 2 teenage boys, dying. Sudden diagnosis of metastatic colon cancer, and she went downhill very quickly. She really got to me, and I've been down in the dumps about her all week. I hate having work come home with me too. :(... On the STS front, I think doing another round of Meso 2 is a great idea! Maybe you could go up in weights if you started out a little lower.

Heather: I'm really looking forward to the outdoor time I will have today. The rain has been icky here. Sun makes me happy! And the trees are turning and it's just gorgeous out! I vote for a run!

*waves* to Nora, Jo, Jessica and Roxie!!!

Belinda - I emailed it to you. Gotta question. How did you do 65# for barbell rows 25 times? Is that correct? Also, you did the T-Bar rows with 35# for the 6 reps and you went higher in wieght for the 25 reps? Is that right? How come you only did 35# for the first three sets of t-bar rows? I'm only asking because I'm not sure you are doing this right. You sould be dropping your weight 30-40% with the 25 repper which makes the weight almost cut in half but not quite. Nice job with this workout today, though! :eek:

Melissa - Sorry to hear how your job is throwing you for a loop. Not good. I also loved the STS leg workouts and now it's carrying over to my new rotation. I'm actually looking forward to leg days! :eek:

Heather - Have fun at spin if you decide to do that! Get good and sweaty! :D

Chris - I like working biceps and tri's together, it is different. I only do it when I do STS, though. Nice workout!! Glad it's sunny there!

Thanks you so much Debbie,I got your email:D

Yeah, you saw right! I went way to heavy on my rows today. Had trouble on the 25 repper, it was tough. I had to pause on that one! Need to low my weight for next week.On the T- rows my back started to border me on the 6 reps, since I went lighter on the 6 reps I figured I go heavier on the 25 reps, big mistake, I know!:confused::rolleyes: Do you go fast on the 25 repper? I don't, I go slow? But like I said, I had to pause on the 25 repper today. I will lower my weight next time!

Thanks you so much Debbie,I got your email:D

Yeah, you saw right! I went way to heavy on my rows today. Had trouble on the 25 repper, it was tough. I had to pause on that one! Need to low my weight for next week.On the T- rows my back started to border me on the 6 reps, since I went lighter on the 6 reps I figured I go heavier on the 25 reps, big mistake, I know!:confused::rolleyes: Do you go fast on the 25 repper? I don't, I go slow? But like I said, I had to pause on the 25 repper today. I will lower my weight next time!

Ok, I was just wondering. Be careful doing barbell rows at for 25 reps at that weight, that could cause some problems. Couldn't figure out why you went so light with the 6 rep t-bar rows. I had the same problem with my low back this morning. I really have to concentrate on holding my abs in to protect my low back. The minute I feel a strain, I stand up. I try to do the 25 reppers at a medium speed but find that sometimes I go faster. I like to get them over with but also like to concentrate on form and the movement. I also pause at around rep 15 or so and then continue. It's hard to do a straight 25 reps.

Debbie - I can feel it, I know my back will pay for it tomorrow:confused::( I had to pause at the 10 or 12 reps to take another pause, those are tough! I kept telling myself 10 more than 5 more, that was painful:eek: even on the biceps, by the time I did my 3red set of 6 reps, I was done! Trust me, I wanted to pull out my 3 pound weigths at this point:D Even my biceps were crying. On the bicpes preacher curl, I used DB instead of a BB! Sweat was flying around, I was sweating like crazy.Tomorrow I will go to the gym for legs, since I don't have a leg press! That workout got me good today!

I don't feel like doing much today, I am pretty fried.

Belinda - I so know what you mean. I do the same thing, I count out 10 reps, then 10 more and then think "I only have 5 more to go!" Those are just brutal.

Hi girls!

I'm so sorry, but I've been ill lately and haven't been able to do personals. I'm ill today but its from my MS Avonex injection reaction from last nights injection. I have had major flu-like symptoms side effects today the full gambit of fever, chills, nauseau, and diarrhea. Its so not fun.:( I did force myself to workout today but had to take a four hour break between the two different dvd workouts I did today.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Kicks= 60 Min
Met Value= 7.50
Calories burned= 614
THis was my first time with this workout, it was fun but I know I'd have enjoyed it more if I was well.

STS Disc 32- M3-W3- Plyo Legs= 48 min
Met value=6.0
Calories burned= 393
I barely had any energy for this one today. I could not do any one legged balance challenge type exercises. I felt weak and my balance issues seem unnoticeable when I'm well as far as strangers can tell. When I'm sick its like all my MS symptoms are magnified ten fold and balance on my right side is nearly non existant. Needless to say I had to skip those.

Total calories burned from this workout=1007

Sadly girls, I have to skip personal tonight. I'm just not up to it and think I may passout right here over my keyboard. I hope all of you are well and had great workouts today.

Hugs to everyone!;)

Nora

Good evening ladies,

Chris - awesome job with D2 today. Have fun with Buddy at the park today.

Melissa - hope your work stress will lighten up soon.

Heather - how was your spin tonight?

Nora - (((HUGS))) sorry you had a reaction to the injection today. Hope you feel better tomorrow. I can't believe you did CK and K 32 today, wtg! Relax girl!

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.