CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR SEP 28, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I caught up on personals last night!

Today I will do Amy Bento KB Surge & abs! Looks like a lot of fun!

Have a great workout and day, everyone!

Today was cardio and I really really wanted to do one of my hour mixes from Cardio Coach workouts that I put together. Felt great and haven't had any tightness in my hip flexor or inner thigh. So I start with the 2 - 8 minute treks and within the first 4 minutes of it, the tightness is there.

:mad:

Talk about pissed off. I just don't understand this. How can this keep happening after almost a year of not doing my treadmill? And then some days when I do the 30 min. Cardio Coach workouts, I'm fine.

I was determined to finish those two 8 minute treks and I did. I jogged at about a 4.3 which ended up being around an 18 minute mile. So it was slow but I did it. Then I just stayed on my treadmill and did some hill climbs and then got bored with that and started jogging for about 2 minutes at a time. The tightness was with me through the entire hour but by god, I finished the hour.

Really really frustrating. I don't understand why I'm having this problem at all. I never pulled that muscle or injured it. It's just very baffling to me.

Ok, enough of the pity party. These are my cardio stats:

CARDIO STATS:
60 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
28 minutes in zone
25 minutes above zone
475 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

Hi ladies, I ended up running solo after work yesterday. I ran for 35 minutes then my hamstrings and right hip flexor just seized up. Legs were done.

Not sure what I'm going to do today to be honest. Really not feeling up for a step workout and I've been doing the boxing/kickboxing workouts so much that I'm afraid I'm about to get bored with them.

Nora - way to go with that calorie burn - holy cow!

Roxie - sounds like you had a pretty good workout too.

Debbie - do you keep your treadmill on an incline? I've read that when running on a treadmill, it's ideal to keep it between 1.5-2.5. Wish I had some advice for you, my hams and hip flexor sometimes get super tight and other times not. I did injure my hip flexor though so I'm not shocked.

Waves to the gang!!!

Good morning,

I couldn't post my workout this morning, my computer was doing an update:confused: After I posted this morning I did Amy Bento KB Surge:D That is one fun workout:eek::D:eek: she is full of energy. Love, love the workout! I can't believe I waited so long to order one of her workouts:( I really like her. I did the entire 76 min (with core work)! Time went by fast. I was soaked! Did I mentioned how much fun I had:eek: I can't wait to try all her other DVD's.

(((Debbie & Heather))) I hope you both feel better soon. What's going on?

Hallo to the rest of the gang! BBL!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is TF HiiT 20 and Stretch 10.

Belinda-good job with your workout.

Debbie-I am having the same problem just walking.

Heather-still think you should get Turbo Fire.

Ladies!
I FINALLY almost feel normal again! DOMS are almost gone from the half, it only took four days, geesh!!

I still took it slow, this morning though. I did just back and biceps from 4DS and then butts & guts abs (Roxie - see, abs!). It was only about a 45 min workout but it was just right for how I've been feeling so I'm content with that.

I'm planning to do one more weight workout tomorrow - probably PUB - before taking off for SF. I figure I'll get very little weight work in while away, probably just cardio here and there, which is just fine for me. This vaca is at the exact right time for me - my body could use a rest from my go-go-go mentality I think!!

On that note - Heather, it sounds like you are fried, especially those legs. I highly recommend a rest day. Shoot, take two, I dare you. :)

Nora - HOLY MOLY on your calorie burn last night! Good gawd woman!!! You are a towering inferno!!!

Belinda - It's a pleasure to help you out. Any time, my friend! I have Amy's KB Surge. I also like it but have done it so much I'm tired of it. Fun music in that one. You'll also like In the Ring if you got that one. That one is fun too.

Heather - I tried everything with my treadmill. Incline, no incline. Nothing makes a difference. It's just the actual running movement that is irritating my inner thigh and hip flexor. I don't understand why, step and kickboxing doesn't bother it a bit. Sounds like you're having some trouble with your hamstrings. Hope you can get that worked out. Heat and a roller might help. I had hamstring problems a few months back and my roller really helped work out the knots.

Roxie - You're having hip flexor problems too??? Just from walking? I'm fine when I walk, it's the actual jog/run that is bothering me.

I think we all need to become couch potatoes. :eek:

Thanks Debbie:D That's the first time I ever done a Amy Bento wo, loved it! Mmm....maybe I need to look into her other KB workout:p I love her style, very fun! You should see a doctor with your hip flexor, girl!

Jess - wtg, on your Ub workout and abs!

When this happens, is it just your hip that bugs you? or does it impact your knees too? It could be weak hips causing the pain maybe??

Nora - HOLY MOLY on your calorie burn last night! Good gawd woman!!! You are a towering inferno!!!

Belinda - It's a pleasure to help you out. Any time, my friend! I have Amy's KB Surge. I also like it but have done it so much I'm tired of it. Fun music in that one. You'll also like In the Ring if you got that one. That one is fun too.

Heather - I tried everything with my treadmill. Incline, no incline. Nothing makes a difference. It's just the actual running movement that is irritating my inner thigh and hip flexor. I don't understand why, step and kickboxing doesn't bother it a bit. Sounds like you're having some trouble with your hamstrings. Hope you can get that worked out. Heat and a roller might help. I had hamstring problems a few months back and my roller really helped work out the knots.

Roxie - You're having hip flexor problems too??? Just from walking? I'm fine when I walk, it's the actual jog/run that is bothering me.

Debbie-its funny I can do Turbo Fire and it doesn't bother me but I went for a walk Sat. and I couldn't sit for very long and when I walk up the alley to work this morning it started to hurt. I have noticed some pain in my left knee lately. I like the couch potatoe idea.

Hi Girls :)

Busy day , and the day has flown by :( . Crazy I'm up at 5:30am and STILL seems like there's not enough time in the day!

Yesterday was my "baffling Monday". I never know what workout to do on Mondays! I ended up with STS MESO 1, Disc 1, Shoulders, Biceps, Chest. I think I might follow STS for a while, until Cathe's new workouts come! Perhaps! Good weight work, and every imaginable way to do push-ups you could ever hope for! :eek:

Today I did TF 60 Class. I liked it better this time around! Holy crapola, 4 FIRE drills kicked my buttocks! Chalene totally motivates me when I'm dripping sweat and almost puking, and she pushes me on! :eek: I did Abs from S&H Tricep/Biceps. Good ab work! And then I hung around for the stretch too!!

Belinda: YAY for new workouts! Always make things interesting!

Roxie: You're rocking on with TF! Aren't they great? I like HiiT 20 alot, have you done it before?

Jessica: Belated congrats on finishing your race on Saturday! Glad your DOMS are subsiding. You must feel so accomplished, like you can do anything! Did you get a metal or trophy or something ?

Debbie: Sorry to hear about your hip flexor. My theory is maybe you need to do some stretches/strengthening moves for that area. Seems like rest is only resting it and not strengthening it. I'm not sure of WHAT those moves would be. Could you maybe see a physical therapist? or maybe find something online. ANyways, I think I would cry if I couldn't run!!

Heather: Ouch on that run yesterday! Maybe get spin class in? or rest day/stretch day. Sounds like those legs need some yoga stuff!

Nora: You're still on FIYAH! Good going! You do burn a phenomenol amount of calories!!!

*waves* to Jo, Melissa and long lost Andrea....Did I miss anyone?

Hi Girls :)

Busy day , and the day has flown by :( . Crazy I'm up at 5:30am and STILL seems like there's not enough time in the day!

Yesterday was my "baffling Monday". I never know what workout to do on Mondays! I ended up with STS MESO 1, Disc 1, Shoulders, Biceps, Chest. I think I might follow STS for a while, until Cathe's new workouts come! Perhaps! Good weight work, and every imaginable way to do push-ups you could ever hope for! :eek:

Today I did TF 60 Class. I liked it better this time around! Holy crapola, 4 FIRE drills kicked my buttocks! Chalene totally motivates me when I'm dripping sweat and almost puking, and she pushes me on! :eek: I did Abs from S&H Tricep/Biceps. Good ab work! And then I hung around for the stretch too!!

Belinda: YAY for new workouts! Always make things interesting!

Roxie: You're rocking on with TF! Aren't they great? I like HiiT 20 alot, have you done it before?

Jessica: Belated congrats on finishing your race on Saturday! Glad your DOMS are subsiding. You must feel so accomplished, like you can do anything! Did you get a metal or trophy or something ?

Debbie: Sorry to hear about your hip flexor. My theory is maybe you need to do some stretches/strengthening moves for that area. Seems like rest is only resting it and not strengthening it. I'm not sure of WHAT those moves would be. Could you maybe see a physical therapist? or maybe find something online. ANyways, I think I would cry if I couldn't run!!

Heather: Ouch on that run yesterday! Maybe get spin class in? or rest day/stretch day. Sounds like those legs need some yoga stuff!

Nora: You're still on FIYAH! Good going! You do burn a phenomenol amount of calories!!!

*waves* to Jo, Melissa and long lost Andrea....Did I miss anyone?

Chris-I have done it at least once before back at the beginning. I am enjoying the workouts just not the wt. gain.

Roxie:Well, it's definitely in eating habits. I can attest to that! I was so good the first 2 weeks of TF with my eating, and lost a few lbs, but since then I've reverted back to old habits and the scale went back to where it started. As they say, eating is 95% of it.

Ok - I have decided to take today as a rest day. I really don't want to, but I really don't think I can do anything very strenuous. This of course means that I'll be obsessing about how to fit in a workout Friday. Dang, darn, drats. Stupid scheduling.

Chris - I wish my gym had spin every night. Unfortunately, the have it at lunch every day, but only Mon/Wed evenings. Really annoying. Their schedules suck for me and it's why I stopped hitting spin for so long actually.

Heather, you can take today AND friday! Don't be afraid!! ... Oh, I didn't realize that about Spin. They should be having classes EVERY day!

Have a great evening everyone!!!

Hi girls:)

I got my workout in for the day.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- FIRE 60 CLASS= 60 Min
Calories burned= 737
Met Value= 9.0

Turbo Fire- Stretch 10 Class= 13 min
Calories burned= 35
Met Value= 2.0

AB HITs- Ab workout # 4 Body Max Abs= 8 Min
Calories burned= 55
Met Value= 5.0

Total calories burned from today's workout= 827;)

Ok, girls that's it for me just now but I'll be back later for personals. Have a great day!

Hugs!:);)

Nora

Good evening,

Debbie - do you have all Amy Bento workouts?

Jess - congrats on your race on Saturday. WTG, girl!

Chris - good job on D1 and TF 60 today.

Heather - good for you, taking a rest day today.

Nora - nicely done with TF 60/strech and ab Hits today. Your cal burn is amazing!

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.