CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR SEP 24, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I will do yoga or some stretching:eek: and of course, I will walk my dogs!

My best to all. Gotta run. BBL!

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Belinda - hope you enjoyed your yoga/stretching today!

Jessica - just a shout-out wishing you luck this weekend!!!

Okay, I think I'm officially addicted to sweet potato...:D I eat it every morning at work with my scrambled eggs and I couldn't wait to get here this morning to eat it!!! It's all I could think about on the ride in...YUMMY.

Last night I did KPC in it's entirety. Including ABS Ms. Roxie...;) I love KPC ab work! Tonight is STS D21/Back & Bi's.

TGIF!!! This morning I got my butt up and got my workouts done. I slept terribly last night and at one point (around 2:30) seriously contemplated getting up and working out then LOL. I really don't like lifting first thing in the morning. I don't feel like I'm awake enough to safely lift with good form. So, I decided to start with Cardio Fusion. I wasn't sure if I was going to end up doing cardio and abs only, but I was just going with it. I ended up only doing 30 mins of cardio then hit the weights for triceps. Then abs from PH. For triceps I did 2 sets of supersets of 3x8:

SS#1
Overhead triceps extension - 30#
Double-arm kickbacks - 13's

SS#2
Lying dumbbell triceps extensions - 16's/16's/15's (dropped 1# for last set b/c I felt like my form was going)
Weighted triceps dips - 40#

Overall, not a bad workout. Even better, I'm DONE for the day.

Melissa - I could eat sweet potatoes every single day too! In fact, had them for lunch yesterday and will have them again today.

Jessica and Jolene
- Good luck tomorrow!!!!!

Melissa and Heather - THANK YOU for the words of encouragement!! I am NERVOUS but excitedly so. Cannot believe it's here already!!! Though on the other hand it's been a LONG road of training, like whoa ;)

I'll try to hop on here tomorrow to let you know how we did, though I'll definitely blog it and FB it too ;)

As you can imagine, I am taking today as a rest day - that would be TWO rest days in one week. Oh the horror!

I think tomorrow will more than make up for 2 rest days!!!

Melissa and Heather - THANK YOU for the words of encouragement!! I am NERVOUS but excitedly so. Cannot believe it's here already!!! Though on the other hand it's been a LONG road of training, like whoa ;)

I'll try to hop on here tomorrow to let you know how we did, though I'll definitely blog it and FB it too ;)

As you can imagine, I am taking today as a rest day - that would be TWO rest days in one week. Oh the horror!

Hi Girls!

I just got done with PS Biceps and Back and going to run at the park a little bit. Eating some raisins for energy!

Belinda: Sounds like a good day! Pat those puppies for me!

Jessica: Good luck tomorrow! I know you'll do great... the adrenaline will pump up big time, I'd imagine!

Heather: I slept like shit too. TO put it bluntly. Ugh. But I'm not tired! Gotta go while the gettin's good!

Melissa: OMG, I got THE best sweet potato recipe. I need to find it. it doesn't SOUND like it'd be so yummy, but it is and so healthy...

EGGS AND HASH

This recipe comes from 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian Recipes.

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 sweet potato (about 200 g), cubed

1/2 cup beans (kidney or black work best)

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1/2 tsp dried rosemary

2 eggs

Saute onion and potato in a lightly greased large skillet (use an olive oil mister if you have one) 2-3 minutes; spray with olive oil and cook until potatoes start to brown, about 5 minutes.

Add beans, thyme and rosemary and cook 2-3 minutes longer.

Season to taste with black pepper.

Move hash to side of skillet; add eggs and cook covered over low heat until cooked, about 3-4 minutes.

Serve immediately

Makes 2 servings.

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is TF 45EZ and Stretch 10. Add me to the list of people who slept like crap.

Belinda-enjoy your yoga.

Melissa-LoL about the sweet potatoes and YEA on getting those abs done.

Heather-good for you getting up and working out after sleeping horribly.

Jessica-good luck tomarrow I will be thinking about you hope you reach your goal time.

Chris-good job on your workout.

Chris - Sorry you slept like crap too. My energy levels were oddly high after the workouts, but they are plummeting FAST. Yawn...

Roxie - Welcome to the no-sleep club :p

Chris - Nice job working Bi's and Back. That recipe sounds DELISH. Thank you for posting. I must try...

I was watching a cooking show on Food Network on Tuesday (the lady with the spikey blonde hair) and she made a sweet potato hash with bacon, chopped apples, chopped sweet potato and green onions. I don't remember what herbs she used but it looked and sounded delightful.

Thanks Nyna & Savannah! :ghug:

Today was cardio and I chose KenpoX. Had a great workout! Love this one and it's been awhile since I've done this one.

Also did the Ab Work from Cardio & Weights.

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. 1 min. total
16 min. below zone
20 min. in zone
27 min. above zone
455 calories burned

Have a great day! :D

Hi girls!

I'm super late I finished my workout up at 1:am Saturday technically. I still wanted to check in on Friday's thread since I did start it on Friday and did finish it but it was an hour later than midnight.

Here's Friday's workout better late than never, eh? LOL!! Its too late for me to attempt personals just now as I have a completely numb right hand and I'm extremely tired, so please forgive my lack of personals in this instance.

Turbo Fire- FIRE 55 EZ CLASS= 57 Min My favorite class
Calories burned= 700
Met Value= 9.0

Turbo Fire - ABS 10 CLASS= 10 Min Oh mama, these are killer abs, I think even Doms worthy:eek: Love it!
Calories burned= 68
Met Value= 5.0

STS Disc 30- M3- W2 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps= 61 Min
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 500

Total calories burned from this workout= 1268:eek::D Love it!!!

I just wanted to make a general comment that all you ladies rock and congrats on all of your friday workouts you've accomplished, WTG!! I also wanted to give a extra shout out to Jessica, Lots of hugs to you all the best of luck on your half marathon race, you got this girl. You've trained damn hard for this and just let your body do what it knows how to do and remember to run a good pace that is doable for you to run and finish the entire race. GO JESSICA!!!:D

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.