CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR SEP 23, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I am not sure what I will do today? It's suppose to be the last nice/warm day today, maybe I will go for a nice run again? Starting tomorrow, the weather suppose to be nasty:mad: I do have to work my abs;) too!

Debbie - I noticed you changed the Days you lift around, how come? Does it matter?

I will be back to report my workout!

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone! BBL!

Last edited:
Good morning,

Couldn't help mysef, it's so nice outside:eek: took the dogs for another run. Longer route, I am starting to think they hate me, lol! They don't like to run long distance, too bad! If they wonna come with me, they have to run my route. LOL! It suppose to rain tomorrow:confused: wish it would stay nice like this all winter long.

I will be back later.

I am also done with my abs, decited to do CM with the stability ball! At first I thought about skipping them, then I thought about Roxie kicking my butt if I don't do them:eek: I figured I better do them before I get my a$$ kicked:p
That's it for today:D BBL!

Today was Legs and Calves and I really had a great workout. I'm really liking working my legs lately. Not sure why? It's weird. I use to dread leg day and now I look forward to it.

Anyways, legs are still rubbery after this one!

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each exercise.

LEGS:
Leg Extensions - 65#/12 reps - 3 sets

Leg Press Station - 160#/12 reps - 4 sets
***I really love this station. I'm so glad I purchased it.

Hack Squats - 60#/12 reps - 1 set
Hack Squats - 65#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Haven't done these in a long time. I like this exercise.

Elevated Deadlifts - 80#/12 reps - 4 sets
***About this time I started sweating like crazy. Not sure what it is with deads, but they always make me sweat.

Lying Leg Curls - 30#/12 reps - 1 set
Lying Leg Curls - 35#/12 reps - 2 sets

CALVES:
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 160#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes In - 160#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Out - 160#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 160#/25 reps
***These really burned by sets 3 and 4. Love doing calf raises with this station.

Good morning ladies.

I am incredibly disappointed today. No leg doms from last night's workout...:( I'm really looking forward to the heavy weight work in Meso 3. Although I took a look at my workout card for the first squat rack leg workout and it has me warming up with 99lb barbell squats and moving into 158lb barbell squats. Not sure if that's super-cool or frightening...:cool::eek:

Belinda - nice job on your run and your abs. What rotation are you going to do after your recovery week?

Debbie - nice leg workout. I almost always dread legs until I get started, then I love it. What kind of leg press machine do you have? I was looking at them a while ago and they look like they take up alot of space.

Wanted to report on my workouts from yesterday. I hit the gym for biceps and back then spin. Yowzer - seriously contemplated making an exit. My legs were still super sore from Sunday and I had to dig deep to get through spin. I thought I'd be crippled today, but they are absolutely fine. I think spin helped (either that or I'm just numb). So, for the weights, mostly 3x8:

SS#1
Hammer curls -20's
Single-arm rows - 30 (should have tried 35)

SS#2
Alternating curls - 20's
Pullovers - 30 (wish I'd had my weighted gloves to get 32)

SS#3
Cross-body burls - 15's (since I didn't have gloves, had to go lighter but did 3x10)
Assisted chin ups - 5,4,5 (used 60#, sucks feels like I should be able to do a stinking chin up or pull up unassisted)

1 set of 21's for biceps - 15's
1 set 12 reps double-arm rows - 25's

Not sure what I'm going to do today. It's too hot to run during the day and I just don't know that I have it in me for a step workout. Decisions decisions.

Melissa - that weight would scare me - 99 for warm up??? I do 100 for like 6-8 reps and that's NOT a warmup.

Belinda - enjoy that weather girl!

Debbie - nice job. You totally rock the weights.

Belinda - What do you mean about me switching days?? Nice job on the run. I need to work my abs this week yet too.

Melissa - This is my leg press station: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2845880 And it doesn't take up much room. I have it in the corner out of the way. Also, I wouldn't do a squat warmup with 99#! :eek: I used 65# but only went up to around 100# for the squats. Anything over that without a spotter is totally dangerous. And I think 100# for us women is heavy enough. JMO. Be careful!

Heather - I owe you an email. I'll get to it today. Excellent workout!

Melissa - This is my leg press station: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2845880 And it doesn't take up much room. I have it in the corner out of the way. Also, I wouldn't do a squat warmup with 99#! :eek: I used 65# but only went up to around 100# for the squats. Anything over that without a spotter is totally dangerous. And I think 100# for us women is heavy enough. JMO. Be careful!

Thanks for the link, Debbie. I was looking for a leg press machine last year and all the ones I saw took up alot of space. This one looks perfect. Yeah, I'm definetly not going with the recommended weight on my workout card for squats. Too crazy...

Good Morning,

Tonite is HiiT 15 and Tone 30 with resistance tubing and band.

Belinda-good for you getting those abs done.

Debbie-good job on your workout. GET THOSE ABS DONE.

Melissa-be careful with those heavy wts. Have you worked your abs this week?

Heather-it is really cloudy here and a few sprinkles suppose to rain all day. You seem to enjoy KBxing and MMA better than step do one of those. Have you worked your abs this week?

Roxie - I have not worked my abs yet this week...:eek: I'll work them tonight after cardio, I promise!!!

So out of curiousity, I checked my 1RM for squats on the Workout Manager. Drum roll please....198#. Apparently I did 15 reps using a 121# barbell when I did my 1RM testing last year. Holy crap!!

Roxie - I will do abs tomorrow - promise! I wanted to do them twice this week but just didn't have the time. :(

Melissa - Wow, that is insane!!! I couldn't even imagine almost 200# on my back! :eek:

Roxie - I have not worked my abs yet this week...:eek: I'll work them tonight after cardio, I promise!!!

So out of curiousity, I checked my 1RM for squats on the Workout Manager. Drum roll please....198#. Apparently I did 15 reps using a 121# barbell when I did my 1RM testing last year. Holy crap!!

Melissa-I hope to see abs listed as one of your exercises completed for today.

Hi girls!

Up at the crack of dawn and have not stopped!

Belinda: I thought of you yesterday! I took my doggie for a walk 3 times! One was an XL one at the park! Nice job on the walking and running. Yes, what are your plans for after recovery week?... Oh, and nice job on abs today! I like CM Ball abs!

Nora: (from last night). Again you knocked it OUT of the park with all that cardio! :eek:

Debbie: Cool you have that gym equipment in your house! Nice job on the leg work today!

Heather: Good for you for sticking at the gym last night and doing the spin! I truly think you should save up some $ for Turbo Fire. I have this feeling it would be great to break you out of the cardio rut you get in sometimes. Just sayin' ;)

Roxie: Nice job on 45 EZ last night! They are a ton of fun, aren't they??? Hiits are goodies too! I think I did the sculpting 30 one ONCE. The band stuff just didn't do it for me. Did you do this one before?

Melissa: What leg workout did you do yesterday? Plyo? Plyo legs ALWAYS leaves me walking funny!! But it sounds like you're going to do the squat rack legs. That's some major weight there! Be careful!

*waves* to Jo, Jessica and Andrea (who hasn't been around in a while, has she?)

Oh gosh! I forgot to report MY workout! :eek:

I did Turbo Fire 60 Class for the first time!!! O.M.G.! Fun music, fun stuff. And I agree, Nora, there is a little bit of a learning factor there. But as Chalene says, it will keep you coming back to master it! VERY true!! That one kicked my butt, though, with the FOUR FIRE DRILLS! :eek: ... I did Abs 10 afterwards. That is ONE tough ab workout!

Worked the abs twice this week!!! YAY ME!

Melissa: What leg workout did you do yesterday? Plyo? Plyo legs ALWAYS leaves me walking funny!! But it sounds like you're going to do the squat rack legs. That's some major weight there! Be careful!

Hi Chris! I did Meso 2 Disc 20 last night. Lots of sliding lunges going on in that one. I'll do the squat rack legs when I get into M3, which should be in a couple of weeks. How's Buddy doing? ^5's for working your abs 2x this week. Roxie will be so happy...:D

Hi girls!

Up at the crack of dawn and have not stopped!

Belinda: I thought of you yesterday! I took my doggie for a walk 3 times! One was an XL one at the park! Nice job on the walking and running. Yes, what are your plans for after recovery week?... Oh, and nice job on abs today! I like CM Ball abs!

Nora: (from last night). Again you knocked it OUT of the park with all that cardio! :eek:

Debbie: Cool you have that gym equipment in your house! Nice job on the leg work today!

Heather: Good for you for sticking at the gym last night and doing the spin! I truly think you should save up some $ for Turbo Fire. I have this feeling it would be great to break you out of the cardio rut you get in sometimes. Just sayin' ;)

Roxie: Nice job on 45 EZ last night! They are a ton of fun, aren't they??? Hiits are goodies too! I think I did the sculpting 30 one ONCE. The band stuff just didn't do it for me. Did you do this one before?

*waves* to Jo, Jessica and Andrea (who hasn't been around in a while, has she?)

Chris-I have done Sculpt 30 but not Tone. Good Job with the Abs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.