CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR SEP 20,

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

This week is my recovery week. Not sure what I will do yet?

My plan to do yoga and abs, maybe come cardio?

I will be back to report my workout.

Debbie - do you weight train 4 days a week with the new rotation and only do 2 day's of cardio?

Have a wonderful Monday and workout.

Today is the 2nd week of the Simply Huge Rotation. Worked Chest and Triceps. It consisted of 3 or 4 sets of 12 reps. I used a 1:30 minute rest between each set. Lots of chest work but my chest didn't get as pumped as it usually does. I think it's because I should have gone heavier.

CHEST:
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 75#/12 reps - 4 sets

Incline Dumbbell Press - 25's/12 reps - 4 sets

Decline Dumbbell Press - 27's/12 reps - 4 sets
***This one was irritating my right shoulder. Can't go too heavy here I guess.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 22's/12 reps - 4 sets
***Should have gone heavier.

TRICEPS:
Double-Arm Overhead Tricep Extension - 30#/12 reps - 3 sets

Weighted Bench Dips - 55#/12 reps - 2 sets
Weighted Bench Dips - 45#/12 reps - 1 set
***This one was too heavy, I had a hard time getting to 12 with good form.

Dumbbell Kickbacks - 12#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Felt these, good weight here.

Hi ladies. This was a busy weekend. It was DH's bday on Saturday and we had friends over and such. I ended up doing chest (with lots of pushups) and a 4-mile run on Saturday. Yesterday was legs and I've got some serious DOMS going on.

I am debating on what to do today. I might do shoulders at lunch then something after work just to get the legs moving - just not sure what exactly. Any step sounds painful LOL.

Debbie - I think I must have completely missed your new rotation....

Belinda - Enjoy your rest week! Maybe enjoy some nice walks perhaps?

Waves to everyone. Sorry I've been so absent lately.

Heather - I highly recommend Imax 2 to loosen those legs up...:eek: Just kidding!!!

Hi Belinda, Debbie, Nora, Roxie, Chris & Jessica.

Sportin' some serious chest & tri doms today. Shoulders, not so much...:( Today is a planned rest day for me but if I have time tonight, I'm itching to do a kickbox workout.

Melissa - if sitting and watching Imax 2 counts - I'm up for that :p

Heather - I highly recommend Imax 2 to loosen those legs up...:eek: Just kidding!!!

Hi Belinda, Debbie, Nora, Roxie, Chris & Jessica.

Sportin' some serious chest & tri doms today. Shoulders, not so much...:( Today is a planned rest day for me but if I have time tonight, I'm itching to do a kickbox workout.

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is TF 45EZ Class and Stretch 10.

Belinda-enjoy your rest week.

Debbie-awesome wts.

Heather-I don't think sitting an watching counts but its alot more fun.

Melissa-go home and do the KB it will help relieve any stress from work today.

Hi girls,

I only walked the dogs today:p I really need to get off my a$$ and do some ab work today:rolleyes:

Debbie - awesome job on those weights today. I just relized that you weight train 4 day's and did cardio twice a week with this rotataion? Is that right? Is 2 cardio days enought? I am so used to doing 3 cardio days a week! My workouts are already in my calendar, lol! I am getting excited! Never done a rotaiton like this before, I always worked out with DVD's.

Roxie - have fun with your workout tonight.

Heather - funny, girl!:eek: Happy b-day to your husband! Great job on your workouts this weekend.

Melissa - enjoy your rest day today.

Last edited:
Hi girls,

I only walked the dogs today:p I really need to get off my a$$ and do some ab work today:rolleyes:

Debbie - awesome job on those weights today. I just relized that you weight train 4 day's and did cardio twice a week with this rotataion? Is that right? Is 2 cardio days enought? I am so used to doing 3 cardio days a week! My workouts are already in my calendar, lol! I am getting excited! Never done a rotaiton like this before, I always worked out with DVD's.

Roxie - have fun with your workout tonight.

Heather - funny, girl!:eek: Happy b-day to your husband! Great job on your workouts this weekend.

Melissa - enjoy your rest day today.

Belinda-GET THOSE ABS DONE.

Belinda - Yes, there are only 2 days of cardio. But you can always add in some if you want to do 3 days. It's a fun rotation, I'm loving it. And I'm ok with 2 days of cardio only because I hate cardio so much. I should be doing at least 3 days of it a week.

Heather - I think you'd like this rotation. If you want it, I'll send you a copy. Let me know. I started it last week.

Melissa - Nice job on the DOMS. Sounds like you deserve a rest day!

Roxie - Have a great workout this evening. GET YOUR AB WORK IN THIS WEEK! :eek:

Belinda - Yes, there are only 2 days of cardio. But you can always add in some if you want to do 3 days. It's a fun rotation, I'm loving it. And I'm ok with 2 days of cardio only because I hate cardio so much. I should be doing at least 3 days of it a week.

Debbie - I just copy all your workouts, put them in my calendar this way I know what to do and when, LOL! It look like a fun rotaiton. I am looking forward to it ;) As far as the cardio goes, I'll see how I feel next week! I may add one? How do you do a weighted dip? do you lay the BB across your legs?:eek:

Debbie - I just copy all your workouts, put them in my calendar this way I know what to do and when, LOL! It look like a fun rotaiton. I am looking forward to it ;) As far as the cardio goes, I'll see how I feel next week! I may add one? How do you do a weighted dip? do you lay the BB across your legs?:eek:

Yes, I have a workout bench and a situp bench that I use. I put the barbell in my lap, put my hands behind me on the situp bench and then put the heels of my feet up on my workout bench. Then I just dip down and up. It's a great building exercise for triceps and one of my favorite exercises.

Oh I'd love a copy of it. You know I'm always up for a new rotation ;-)

Heather - I think you'd like this rotation. If you want it, I'll send you a copy. Let me know. I started it last week.

Melissa - Nice job on the DOMS. Sounds like you deserve a rest day!

Roxie - Have a great workout this evening. GET YOUR AB WORK IN THIS WEEK! :eek:

Yes, I have a workout bench and a situp bench that I use. I put the barbell in my lap, put my hands behind me on the situp bench and then put the heels of my feet up on my workout bench. Then I just dip down and up. It's a great building exercise for triceps and one of my favorite exercises.

I do have a weight bench and a step/highstep! Don't have a sit up bench. I always do the one where you feet are on the floor, lol! The sissy ones:p Thanks!

I do have a weight bench and a step/highstep! Don't have a sit up bench. I always do the one where you feet are on the floor, lol! The sissy ones:p Thanks!

You could definitely do bench dips with the high step and your weight bench. Put your feet up on the high step, I think that would be the safest thing to do.

Hi ladies! Busy weekend here too. Had my last long training run on Saturday - the same 12.4 miler. Killer again, was doing GREAT up until about mile 8 and then hit a wall so my overall time ended up being about 4 mins slower than last time. I think I went fast out the gate and it caught up to me by 8 miles in. So lesson learned right? A steadier pace come race day - um this Saturday ack!! - and I should be golden. My goal is to get it done in 2:30, I think that's totally doable, I hope anyway!!

So needless to say - Sunday was a mandatory rest day. OWW those legs were killing me!! So today I slept in in favor of going to my favorite Group Power instructor's class tonight instead. Also forces me to leave work right on time, oh darn ;)

Debbie - holy high weights! I am so intrigued by your rotation now too. I may need to consider it now that the half marathon training will subside after this weekend. Good "new" project for fall I think???

Melissa - LOVE DOMS!!! I vote you rest today to give yourself some time to recovery. Look at me suggesting a rest day!

Heather - ditto to you, rest those legs tonight, no "kickbox to loosen them up" that never works LOL

Roxie - good luck with TF tonight! I'll be working out with you "virtually" tonite!

Hi to Chris, Nora, Jo and Andi!

Ok, work is super stressful. I have some serious deadlines, as in 5 projects with mandatory go-live date of 10/1, on top of that a 9/30 and a 10/6 oh and a whole new set all due 11/1. I am drowning fast.

I decided to take out some of my frustrations during a longer lunch workout. I have to stay later tonight anyway so why not right???

I did shoulders and followed that with MMA Boxing. I increased the reps from 8 to 10 and kept the same weights. I wish I had gone up in weights to be honest as I had a really strong workout.

SS#1
Dumbbell shoulder press - 20's (should have tried for 20.5's, did fail at 9th on last set)
Dumbbell upright rows - 20's

SS#2
Lateral raise - 12's (should have done 13's or tried at least)
Rear delt press - 12's

Alternating shoulder press with elbows forward - 10 each side - 15's
Front raises - 12 reps - 10's

Jessica - I didn't do kickboxing :p

Ok, work is super stressful. I have some serious deadlines, as in 5 projects with mandatory go-live date of 10/1, on top of that a 9/30 and a 10/6 oh and a whole new set all due 11/1. I am drowning fast.

I decided to take out some of my frustrations during a longer lunch workout. I have to stay later tonight anyway so why not right???

I did shoulders and followed that with MMA Boxing. I increased the reps from 8 to 10 and kept the same weights. I wish I had gone up in weights to be honest as I had a really strong workout.

SS#1
Dumbbell shoulder press - 20's (should have tried for 20.5's, did fail at 9th on last set)
Dumbbell upright rows - 20's

SS#2
Lateral raise - 12's (should have done 13's or tried at least)
Rear delt press - 12's

Alternating shoulder press with elbows forward - 10 each side - 15's
Front raises - 12 reps - 10's

Jessica - I didn't do kickboxing :p

Yeah yeah, MMA boxing is CLOSE to kickboxing, splitting hairs ;)

But sounds like you needed to work off the frustration so I'll let you have that one, hehe.

Hi girls!;)

I just finished my workout, Yay! So, I'll check in now.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- FIRE 60 CLASS= 60 Min
Met Value= 9.0
Calories burned= 737

This was my first time doing this particular workout it was fun but I'll need a few more times before I have it down. Great on the fun factor!

Turbo Fire- ABS 10 CLASS= 10 Min
Met Value= 5.0
Calories burned= 68

STS Disc 28- M3-W2 Chest & Back =65 Min
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 532

Total calories burned from today's workout= 1337:eek::D

I have to say that I was very pleased I could lift what I was supposed to according to the workout manager for my one rep max for STS. Last time I did this disc I was supposed to lift #20 on Incline Chest flyes. I had to go lighter and use #15 db's last time. Today I used 21#db's and that felt very doable still a bit of a challenge and I had to focus but I could do it. So that's progress for me. I did #42 lbs on BB deadlifts no problems and it felt good. I could also go heavier on underhand BB rows and used #56 lbs's today!:D STS can really suprise you with the improvement in strength when you can look back at other meso cycles and see that you've improved a lot. Its cool, love it! Sadly, I can't lift the weights like debbie and others using way heavier than I can but I'm happy with improvement and that's what counts.

I'll be back to do personals later. Have a great day!

Hugs to everyone!:D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.