Crazy strong & loving it for Sep 15, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do M3 D40 (squat rack legs) today. This is my last STS leg workout:( I am also every excited about my next rotation :eek:

I will be back to report my workout/personals!

Happy Hump day!

Hallo girls,

I am done with D40 Squat Rack legs! I went heavier on almost all exercises:eek: I know I was suppost to go down in weight (85%), but I felt so strong today I went up instead:p I am much stronger than 5%!;) I am very proud to compare my results from March to now, big difference! I came a long way since March. My back is feeling fine, not trouble there, thank goodness! One more disc and I am done with STS:( I did it!

Warmup: 4 sets / 8 reps
Squats - 70#/10 reps (up 5# from last week)
Squats - 70#/10 reps

Workout:
Squats - 110# (up 10 # from last week)
Elevated Barbell Deadlifts - 75# (up 10# from last week)
Front Squats - 75# (up 10# from last week)
Static Lunge - 100# (all 4 sets)

I also did the stretch from GS legs. That's it for me today. I will be back later! My best to all.

Good Morning,

Today is suppose to be a rest day but I am going to get my core worked and then do the stretch I was suppose to do Sunday.

Belinda-great job on the leg work.

Today was Back and Biceps. Wow, this was a puke status workout. Those 25 reppers are killers!

2 minutes rest between each set. After the 3rd set I didn't rest 2 minutes, I lowered my weights and went right into the set.

BACK:
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 70#/6 reps - 2 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 75#/6 reps - 1 set
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 40#/25 reps
***This burned like a mother.

T-Bar Rows - 65#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 40#/20 reps
***Could only do 20 reps with this one. I can't believe how hard this one was!

One Arm Rows - 40#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 20#/25 reps

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 55#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 30#/25 reps
***Wow did this burn. I'm really not liking the 25 reps!

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 12's/20 reps
***Again, could not get to 25 reps with this one. Very tough!

Barbell Preacher Curls - 55#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Preacher Curls - 25#/25 reps
***Should have gone with 30# on the 25 repper set. 25# was easy.

Today was Back and Biceps. Wow, this was a puke status workout. Those 25 reppers are killers!

2 minutes rest between each set. After the 3rd set I didn't rest 2 minutes, I lowered my weights and went right into the set.

BACK:
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 70#/6 reps - 2 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 75#/6 reps - 1 set
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 40#/25 reps
***This burned like a mother.

T-Bar Rows - 65#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 40#/20 reps
***Could only do 20 reps with this one. I can't believe how hard this one was!

One Arm Rows - 40#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 20#/25 reps

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 55#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 30#/25 reps
***Wow did this burn. I'm really not liking the 25 reps!

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 12's/20 reps
***Again, could not get to 25 reps with this one. Very tough!

Barbell Preacher Curls - 55#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Preacher Curls - 25#/25 reps
***Should have gone with 30# on the 25 repper set. 25# was easy.

Debbie-awesome wts.

This is a quickie - got a killer day ahead of me, holy meeting hell! I did get up early and got a nice back-to-back Group Power/Group Ride class in at my gym and felt GREAT after. My fave spin instructor was back so that was an extra sweaty class I will say. It's been working really well mixing in a Ride class with my half marathon training so I'm glad I've kept with it. Cannot believe the half is almost one week away. AHHH!!!

Debbie - NICE work on those weights! But you knew that already ;) you rock those weights!!

Belinda - congrats on finishing (almost) STS! I miss it, totally want to go back to it soon!!!

Roxie - good luck getting abs and that stretch in. You are so diligent, you'll be mad at me and my abs, only did them once this week but am DEF going to get them in on Friday and hopefully one other day, I promise!

Hi to Heather, Chris, Nora, Andi, Jo, Melissa!

Good morning.

Belinda - congrats on finishing up STS. Nice weights on that leg workout!

Debbie - holy weights! Do you like this rotation so far?

Roxie - working your core on your rest day...good job!

Jessica - are each of those classes an hour long? You are so ambitious in the morning!

Chris - did you end up picking up your dog last night?

Feeling the perfect amount of DOMS in my legs today. Not too sore that I can't walk/sit/bend over, but sore enough to know I worked them good! Did my fave CC mish-mash last night: V8 challenges 1 & 3. Tonight is Back & Biceps.

Have a great day everyone!

This is a quickie - got a killer day ahead of me, holy meeting hell! I did get up early and got a nice back-to-back Group Power/Group Ride class in at my gym and felt GREAT after. My fave spin instructor was back so that was an extra sweaty class I will say. It's been working really well mixing in a Ride class with my half marathon training so I'm glad I've kept with it. Cannot believe the half is almost one week away. AHHH!!!

Debbie - NICE work on those weights! But you knew that already ;) you rock those weights!!

Belinda - congrats on finishing (almost) STS! I miss it, totally want to go back to it soon!!!

Roxie - good luck getting abs and that stretch in. You are so diligent, you'll be mad at me and my abs, only did them once this week but am DEF going to get them in on Friday and hopefully one other day, I promise!

Hi to Heather, Chris, Nora, Andi, Jo, Melissa!

Jess-I was suppose to work my abs on Sunday but just can't seem to get motivated to do them.

Hi Everyone!

We did indeed pick up our new chocolate lab , Buddy, last night! interesting introducing him to the kitties. They didn't run and hide like I thought, they are very intrigued by him. He got one "don't sniff me for so long" swat, but it didn't deter him, he went right back to the sniffing! He is as sweet as can be! Very good manners, except for stealing the kitty food. That is going to be an issue!

He kind of kept me awake last night though. Not that he was a problem, he just got up with me every time I got up for my son's blood sugar check, and then he'd put his head up on me and want to be patted. VERY sweet! But I'm VERY tired.

Couldn't muster up a total leg weight workout (PS Legs for 64 minutes!), but I felt the need to do a TF and did FIRE 30 Class. And then did High& Tight from Brazillian Butt Lift for legs. It's floor work with bands and ankle weights. OUCH!

Belinda: WOOT WOOT! ONE MORE STS!!! And one more WOOT for those weights! You have gained amazing leg strength!

Debbie: 25 reps is insane with those weights! Sounds like a very cool rotation you hvae there. Does it give you the weight amounts to use or guidelines? Or you just pick what you think.

Roxie: I actually found HiiT 20 not as hard as the other 2 HiiTs. Weird. .. Yep, working abs 2x/week is hard for me lately too! I used to not mind it so much.

Jessica: That ride class sounds fun with that instructor! Those 2 back to back can't be easy!

Melissa: I like NICE DOMS in my lower body. I don't like the ones that make me grimace with sitting though. I've been thinking of doing a CC at the park. Haven't in a very long time!

*waves* to Heather, Jo, Nora and Andrea!!

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been MIA all week. I'm in Dallas for training and just haven't had a chance to get on here long enough. Sunday I ran and did legs, Monday I ran on the horrid hotel treadmill and did shoulders. Today I ran again, did biceps and finished on the elliptical.

The only good thing about the hotel gym was that it had free weights. The cardio equipment was total crap though. Why bother having a gym if you don't maintain the equipment? Makes it seriously dangerous.

I don't have time for personals - I really apologize.

I hope everyone is doing well though!!!!

Belinda - Nice going with the Squat Rack Legs workout! Woohoo! You are rockin' those weights, girl! Excellent job!

Roxie - Get that core worked! I know exactly how you feel about it, though. But we have to keep on keepin' on...

Jessica - Nice going with the spin class. Hope your meetings weren't too damn boring! LOL!

Chris - Too cute on the lab! How sweet that he stays by you all the time. My one kittie is like that, he follows me everywhere. This rotation just says to drop the weight by 30-40% so that's how I'm figuring it. I usually know pretty well what I can lift for 6 reps, especially since I just got done with STS. So figuring out the lowered weight is all I need to do.

Heather - We understand you can't do personals. Hope you are at least having fun. The gym sounds gross! LOL!

Good Evening,

Well I managed to do Core 20 Class but not the stretch.

Stats:
20 min
1 in the zone
108 min hr
136 max hr
79 cals burned.

Hi girls~:)

I'm here and I did workout. Still not feeling great.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- FIRE 55 EZ Class= 57 Min Love this workout!!
Calories burned= 700
Met Value= 9.0

STS Disc 26- M3- W1- Plyo Legs= 46 Min
Calories burned= 377
Met Value= 6.0
Its funny I remember this workout the first time I did it as being super hard. I didn't feel that way doing it today. I had no trouble doing all the plyo moves etc... Dare I say it was even on the easier side of things.

Total calories burned= 1077:eek::D:cool:

I'll be back shortly for personals.

Seeya soon!:)

Nora

Good evening,

I forgot to tell your girls, last night the ENT doctor from Landstuhl (the military hospital) called me. She looked at my CT can + culture test (was taking 2 or 3 weeks ago) from my sinus! She doesn't want me to get the surgery, she said I have so much scar tissue in my sinus that I am prone to more/worse infections. She is tracking my sinus problems since my surgery last year. She also said she can't see all the sinus infections that the German ENT doctor in Regensburg said I had:confused::confused: the ENT doc in Regensburg said I had a sinus infection in my frontal of the head and sinus cavieties. She said she only sees a sinus infection plus I have bacteria (which you can find in hospitals) in the right cavieties (had surgery there last year). She is running a long list of tests on me. On Tuesday afternoon I had blood drawn, which gets sent to the US not a German lab! Some how she believes my sinus infections are coming from something else:confused: I don't understand this either, but she is the doctor! She is testing my auto immune system to find out why I am prone to some many infections! If I get a fever or infection again, she wants me to go straight to Landstuhl with is a 5 hour drive.:confused: She also doesn't want me on so much antibiotics unless I run a fever. Now I have 2 ENT doctors saying I need surgery and one saying I shouldn't get it! Talk about beeing confused:rolleyes: I did talk to a lot of people with sinus problems that had surgery done over and over again, with no luck! If no one can gauranty me that the surgery is successful why get it? I had a rough time with my last surgery, I didn't recover for months! I really don't wont to go through this again. I am frustraded and confused, WTH!

Debbie - nice weight workout today, girl! The M&F rotation reminds me of M3 all over again, lol! I am very excited.

Jess - awesome job getting your spin class before going to work. I will try to go spinning again next week.

Melissa - LOL, about your leg doms! Nice job! Your mish=mash sounds like fun. What Biceps & Back did you end up doing?

Chris - congrats on Buddy! He sounds wonderful! Labs are wonderfuld dogs. My lab is attached to my hip, lol! He follows me everywhere. WTG, on TF + leg workouts.

Heather - sorry about the gym issue! Most hotels have crappy equipments. At least you get your weight wo in. Nicely done!

Roxie - glad you got your workout in today. Nice job, girl.
Oh, no Nora! You haven't been feeling great for a long time. Have you seen a doctor? I am amazed you still keeping up with your workouts. WTG, girl!

I ordered some Amy Bento DVD's from Advancedworkouts.com today. I ordered Amy Bento's Abs and Stretch DVD-R, Amy Bento's A-Team Boot Camp DVD-R
Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge DVD-R and CIA Kickbox Surge and Core Refining. Very excited! Her DVD-R are only $5:99;)

Have a good night, everyone!

:)Hi girls!;)

I'm back really late for personals.

Belinda- Wow! Impressive weights you lifted in your squart rack workout!YAY!! You finished D40 Squat Rack legs today, WTG!:eek::) I started STS Meso 3 this week and wanted to do the squat rack legs but I looked in the guide and saw that it had tons of deadlifts and decided I'd better not since my low back and deadlifts are not usually a good combo. So, I'm doing Plyo Legs in Meso 3 instead. I don't have a squat rack, but do have Cathe's #10 vest. I hope to be able to do the squat rack legs at some point just not when I'm having major low back pain though. Extra ^^^5's and hugs on your 10K run, that was so amazing you rock girlfriend!:)

Roxie- I noticed you mentioned last night that you had fun with your Turbo Fire workout Yesterday, see I told ya! Great job with getting your core workout and stretch done. Way to have fun with Turbo Fire!;):)

Debbie- OMG!:eek: Back and Biceps was on tap for you today and not only did you do that successfully you did 25 reppers! You are a legend girlfriend, that's simply mindboggling, ^^^5's:D:cool:

Jessica- Excellent workout today in keeping with your killer workouts and training for the half marathon. I love that you have found a great way to train mixing up Spinning and running. I'm happy you found the right formula for you and I have no doubt you'll achieve great success in your goal to run the half marathon. Keep up the awesome training and workouts to reach your goal next week running the half marathon. I wish all of us could be there to cheer you on. WTG!!!:D

Melissa- Great workout with your own mix and match of CCV 8 challenges 1 & 3 and then conquering back and bi's. That's just so inspiring and love that you did all that while enjoying leg DOMS from a previous days workout. We cathletes are tough cookies!:);) Bravo on your workout!:);):cool:

Chris- Congratulation on the latest edition to your family, Buddy the chocolate lab puppy. He sounds sweet and adorable, no doubt your boys are enjoying him and playing with him a lot. Kids and dogs are such a great fit. Wow, sounds like your exhausted and I'm completely amazed that you worked out with needing to check your sons blood sugars and dealing with a new puppy. Yep, wonder woman is alive and well and a real person outside the comic books. You rock girlfriend. I have to say TF Fire 30 Is full out from the start and definitely a toughie and spit status workout and then you did the Brazillian Butt Lift High and tight workout too!:eek::D:cool: Awesome job, your on Fire girl!:)

Heather- Oh your on a business trip and having to use the hotel gym. Sorry, the cardio equipment is crap, thats not fun. Its cool that they have free weights at least. If you have cardio coach on your ipod you could go for a run that way or just a brisk walk for cardio if the gym is lacking in that way. Just a thought. I admire your making the effort to workout even while traveling that just goes to show there are no excuses, I know Cathe would approve of that and give you a smile!;) Have a safe trip, we miss ya kiddo!:);)

Belinda- I read your last post. I'm so sorry hun that this is still bugging you with the sinus infections. If you want my two cents regarding the differing doctors opionions. I'd have to opt for the lady doctor you mentioned. I think its important to consider surgery as a last resort and only if it will actually help or solve this problem. I know you are sick of this stuff and want to get this resolved like yesterday. I'd opt for other medical opinions to me the fact these keep coming back is an issue and maybe its important to look at the what is causing this repetitve infection to keep coming back. Also I agree with her about not having you on antibiotics constantly. That is really a bad thing and taking antibiotics all the time will cause you to build a tolerance to them and render them completely useless and ineffective. That could be extremely dangerous if you were to get something else and doctors wouldn't beable to give you any antibiotics and have them work. There is nothing wrong with getting more medical opinions and testing to solve this, your worth it and you deserve to be free of sinus infections once and for all. Hang in there girlfriend, I wish you all the best! Big Hugs to you!;)

Ok ladies that's it for me tonight, sleep well and be the outstanding cathletes that I know you are and will be tomorrow. ;):)

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.