Crazy strong & loving it for Oct 25, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was fun!

Today I will start week 5, chest and triceps! I am almost done with my 6 week rotation. Not sure, what I will do next?

Debbie - what are you gonna do next? You are done with the 6 week rotation, right?

Happy Monday, everyone!

Hallo girls,

I am done with my workout, I did Imax 3 "Step Only - no blast" 31 min premix as my warm up:p than I did chest & tricpes! Had a tough time with my triceps today. I think they are fried:eek: Still had a good workout! I also started with flat BB bench press instead of incline:confused::confused: Oh, well! My chest got worked, that's for sure.

CHEST:

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 55#/15 reps /2 sets (warm up)

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 85#/6 reps - 4 sets,up 5#
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 51#/25 reps

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 85#/6 reps - 3 sets, up 5#
Incline Barbell Bench Press - 51#/25 reps

Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 30's/6 reps - 3 sets, up 2 #
Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 18's/25 reps

TRICEPS:
Weighted Bench Dips - 70#/6 reps - 3 sets, up 5#
Weighted Bench Dips - BW/25 reps

Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 75#/6 reps - 3 sets, up 5#
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 45#/25 reps, those are burner!

Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 50#/6 reps - 3 sets, stayed the same!
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 35#/25 reps
I tried to go up to 55#, couldn't do it! My form was suffering, so I went down in weight!

Have a great workout and Monday, girls! BBL!

Last week was suppose to be the end of this rotation but I'm adding 2 more weeks to make it 8 weeks. I can't believe it's almost over. I'll definitely be doing this one again.

Today was Chest & Triceps and I had an excellent workout.

2 minute rest between each exercise. Only rested enough to change weights after 3rd set into the 15 rep set.

CHEST:
Incline Barbell Press - 65#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Incline Barbell Press - 100#/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Barbell Press - 75#/15 reps
***Up 5# with 6 rep sets.

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 110#/4 reps - 1 set
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 105#/6 reps - 2 sets
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/15 reps
***110# was just too heavy for 6 reps. I think if I would have done this exercise first I would have been able to do it. Dropped it 105# but still 5# more then last time.

Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 37's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 27's/25 reps
***Stayed the same with the 6 rep sets but up 5# with the 15 rep set.

TRICEPS:
Weighted Bench Dips - 82#/6 reps - 3 sets
Weighted Bench Dips - 20#/15 reps
***Up 2# for 6 rep sets and 5# for 15 rep set.

Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 85#/6 reps - 3 sets
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 65#/15 reps
***Up 5# with 6 rep sets.

Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 55#/6 reps - 3 sets
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 40#/15 reps
***No increase here, I was about fried.

That is all....

Belinda - Nice workouts, girl! You are really killing it with those weights. I'm prolonging this rotation another 2 weeks. I don't want to stop yet and I can't figure out why it's only 6 weeks to begin with. So 8 weeks it is for me, then I'll take a week off and figure out what I'll do next.

Hi ladies. Yesterday I ended up going for a 5-mile run. Today I need to get to the weights. We leave Thursday afternoon for Seattle so I need to get them all done earlier this week. I think I'll try supersetting with the reps/sets from last week. I am planning on bis/tris at lunch today.

Debbie and Belinda - you guys are seriously rocking those weights!

Roxie - looks like a good calorie burner last night!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA on the weekends. Our home pc is a piece of crap and I don't even bother anymore. DH will finally get it working and then him and DD will be wrestling for who gets to go on it first...;) I could really care less if I use the pc on the weekends, so I'm good...:D

So anywho... I did back & biceps on Saturday. My bi's are still fried. Was able to use 40 lbs on my barbell curls and complete each set with good form. Highest weight ever....:cool: Yesterday I did Step Moves. That's just a fun step workout. Can't get enough of it. Tonight is legs. M2 D20, I think.

Debbie & Belinda - you two are INCREDIBLE!!! Are you seeing good results with this rotation?

Heather - Fry those bis & tris today, girl....:p

I hope everyone had a great weekend. BBL!

Hi ladies. I was MIA this weekend too but did get my workouts in, have no fear. Saturday I did a core fusion workout at home (which was great btw, close to the real class environment which I loved) and then did a short get-my-knees-used-to-it run with Scott. Felt good just to get out there and feel the fresh air! Sunday I did my chest/bis/shoulders from M1, week 2. LOVED it. Felt so incredibly strong afterwards. Today I got up and ran in the dark (somehow it was so peaceful running in the dark with Scott by my side, totally set me straight for a Monday!) - ran about 5 miles, and um, totally wiped out at one point and bashed my knee on the pavement. Nice going, Sutera. Good thing it wasn't the knee that's really bugging me or I'd be in trouble. Though now both knees sorta hurt, but less so than before so I guess that's improvement??

Debbie & Belinda- rock and roll on those weights!! You guys are incredible!!

Heather - have fun with bis/tris, I love that combo :)

Melissa - have fun with M2 legs, I love legs in M2 even more than M1!

Jessica - Sorry to hear about your wipeout...:( The tri-sets in M2 are so awesome, I think I might do M2 legs even when I move onto M3. Yeah, I'm totally crazy like that...:eek:

Good Morning,

I did do a stretch last night just not the one I was suppose to do. This is week 8 of TF so its suppose to be what she calls a recovery week but from watching the workout last night doesn't look like recovery to me. Tonite is TF 45EZ and Stretch 10 also want to add in some abs.

Debbie-awesome wts. Would the floor work in B&Gs help me lean out the booty still having problems with that.

Belinda-your wts. are way impressive to.

Jess-sorry to hear about the wipe out. Good job with your workouts. What is Core Fusion and who does it?

Melissa-luckily for me DH has his own laptop I have mine and DD has her own so no sharing at my house. Good job with your workouts, I am starting to get interested in getting STS.

Heather-sounds like a good run wish I could.

That's not a bad idea! I'm not a huge fan of the plyo legs or squat rack legs in M3, maybe I'll follow your lead when I get to M3 this time around!

Jessica - Sorry to hear about your wipeout...:( The tri-sets in M2 are so awesome, I think I might do M2 legs even when I move onto M3. Yeah, I'm totally crazy like that...:eek:

Back from lunch workout. I really almost just said forget it. I guess it's Monday and really dreary out and that's taking a toll on motivation. But I'm glad I got it done b/c it really made me feel a bit better.

SS#1 - 3x6
DB curls - 20's
Overhead triceps extension - 30 (should have gone up to 32)

SS#2 - 3x8
Hammer curls - 17's
Lying triceps extensions - 16's

SS#3 - 3x10
Incline curls - 15's
Kickbacks - 11's (probably could have done 12's)

SS#4 - 3x12
Cross-body curls - 15's
Weighted dips - 30# (should have tried 35)

Belinda - Again, excellent workout! See what I wrote to you under my workout post.

Heather - I've always wanted to go to Seattle. Do you have family there?

Melissa - LOL on your PC at home. I'm not on much when I'm at home either. Takes up too much time when I get going on it. So it's better for me to leave it alone. I'm on it enough here at work. I'm seeing some good definition lately, especially in my arms. My abs are starting to show again too. :D

Jessica - So sorry to hear about your knee! Ouch, that had to hurt. I hope it's ok, you might want to ice it.

Roxie - B&G and L&G should help lean out your backside. The floorwork of PUB is good too.

Hi to everyone! :)

Debbie - no family, but some good friends. This will be our 2nd trip out there. We enjoyed it so much the first time. Cannot wait to see more of Seattle. You really should visit one day!

Belinda - Again, excellent workout! See what I wrote to you under my workout post.

Heather - I've always wanted to go to Seattle. Do you have family there?

Melissa - LOL on your PC at home. I'm not on much when I'm at home either. Takes up too much time when I get going on it. So it's better for me to leave it alone. I'm on it enough here at work. I'm seeing some good definition lately, especially in my arms. My abs are starting to show again too. :D

Jessica - So sorry to hear about your knee! Ouch, that had to hurt. I hope it's ok, you might want to ice it.

Roxie - B&G and L&G should help lean out your backside. The floorwork of PUB is good too.

Hi to everyone! :)

Jessica - this is exactly why I am afraid to run until the sun is up! Hope it's not too bad, as in doesn't get worse the longer the day wears on.

Hi ladies. I was MIA this weekend too but did get my workouts in, have no fear. Saturday I did a core fusion workout at home (which was great btw, close to the real class environment which I loved) and then did a short get-my-knees-used-to-it run with Scott. Felt good just to get out there and feel the fresh air! Sunday I did my chest/bis/shoulders from M1, week 2. LOVED it. Felt so incredibly strong afterwards. Today I got up and ran in the dark (somehow it was so peaceful running in the dark with Scott by my side, totally set me straight for a Monday!) - ran about 5 miles, and um, totally wiped out at one point and bashed my knee on the pavement. Nice going, Sutera. Good thing it wasn't the knee that's really bugging me or I'd be in trouble. Though now both knees sorta hurt, but less so than before so I guess that's improvement??

Debbie & Belinda- rock and roll on those weights!! You guys are incredible!!

Heather - have fun with bis/tris, I love that combo :)

Quick check in for me today...

It's my busy Monday...

This is Recovery Week for me. I'm going to do cardio, abs and stretches for the week.

I did a SUPER easy cardio, MMA: Kickbox. Wow, can't believe how low key this felt for me. BUt that's what I want mostly this week. LOVE the core work on this one!!

Great workouts everyone!! You guys ROCKED Monday!! (hope your knee(s) are ok, Jessica!)

Good Evening,

Tonite I did TF 45EZ and Stretch 10.

Stats:
45 min
41 in the zone
147 min hr
179 max hr
325 cals burned.

Stretch:
12 min
0 in the zone
108 min hr
122 max hr
49 cals burned.

Hi girls!;)

Happy Monday! I just finished my workout and I think Cathe brought new meaning to the terms "Lift to failure" yep, my right arm just could not lift the db not one more time. I was supposed to lift five more reps, but the right arm through in the towel already. Yep, if you guessed I just did Pyramid upper body, gold star for you. Pyramid is a killer one and I just finished STS 2X sort of dissappointing but I guess that's the way it goes, or rather waves the white flag. LOL!!

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 1-My Short Mix= 20 Min
Distance= 1.56 Miles
Calories burned= 246
Warm up bpm= 134 74% MHR
Ch.2 bpm's= 150 84%,146 82%,152 85% MHR.
Cool Down= 135 75% MHR

Turbo Fire- HiiT 25 Class= 25 min
Met Value= 10.0
Calories burned= 341

Pyramid Upper body= 57 Min
Calories burned= 506
Met Value= 6.50

I lifted all the same weights as Cathe and crew and that was the first time I could use those exact weights as they did. I've done this workout many times in the past but this was a first for me using the same wts as cathe and crew. I guess I can credit STS for that. I was disappointed that my right arm gave up on lifting as many reps on the last set doing chest & biceps work. I have MS and its effected my right side of my body specifically the right eye, arm, wrist, hand, and leg. So, sometimes that side gives up when its reached full fatigue, or failure. LOL! The only thing missing in the torture, I mean workout was the green band. LOL!!!! Great workout though and it still kicks major butt!

Total calories burned from this workout today= 1093:eek::cool:
I figured I conqured STS 2x I could do Pyramid no problem right? LOL!! Cathe kicked my butt big time. I swear Pyramid upper body is meant to work you to failure, and succeeds quite nicely at that in my opinion. Its still an awesome workout. I have Pyramid Legs and Pyramid UB & LB Bonud on tap for later in the week. I just love torture, I swear:p

I'm off to shower and pass out after all that and hopefully if I'm able to use my arms after all that come back for personals. Great job on all of your workouts today, you ladies killed your workouts today, WTG!!!:D:cool:

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Good evening,

Debbie - holy smokes, girl! I am totally blown away, by your weights today. You lift hearier than some guys , lol! High fives, girl! Well, than :D I have to add 2 more weeks to this rotation too, lol! I really like this rotation. DH is still doing it, he got my DD (DH is in DC right now) doing it too. I am leaning/losing weight with this rotation. Love it! I have to admit, i am sweating like a man:eek::p sweat is just flighing around.

Heather - nice 5 miler yesterday, wtg! You did get those tri and bics good, wtg! I never been to Seattle....have fun.

Melissa - sounds like you have a good reason to go shopping, lol! Nice job, keeping up with your workouts. I am losing losts of inces and the sale is down again. I am leaning out, I am happy! Love this rotation.

Jess - I had no doubt you keeping up with your workouts. Good for you. Sorry, about your wipout today. (((HUGS))) BTW, I loved the leg workout in M3.

Roxie - can't believe you already doing week 8 of TF. Awesome job, sicking with it! I love B&G and L&G, have fun.

Chris - enjoy your rcovery week. Hope you had fun with your cardo/abs and stretch.

Nora - awesome job, lifting the same weight as Cathe/crew! You are getting stronger, girl. Amazing workout today and cal burn, girl. How are you feeling? Any better, I hope?

I think I caught up with personals. Good night, everyone! You alll amazing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.