Crazy strong and loving it for Oct 22, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I went to the gym before my sis showed up yesterday. Had a great leg workout. Went up on all exercises! Feeling it today. Will post my wo later!

Not sure if I take a rest day or do some cardio:eek:

I will be back later! Happy Friday!

TGIF ladies!!

Ok, so I know today was supposed to be a rest day, but I just couldn't muster up the energy for chest and abs after work. So I got up this morning and got it done. It only took about 30 mins total so I'm still going to call this a rest day :eek:

Wide-arm pushups - 24
Pushups with feet on step - 12
Flat bench flyes - 3x6 - 26's (I don't have a way to try 27's)
Flat bench DB press - 3x8 - 26's, 26's, 30's (I goofed, had meant to start with 30's duh)
Incline flyes - 3x10 - 25's
Incline DB press - 3x12 - 25's (did fail at 10 on last set)
Pushups - 12

I did abs from C&W. I love that one.

Chris - that'd really suck spending 2 hours searching for your key! I am so paranoid about stuff like that.

Nora - I really want TF (thanks to you and Chris).

Roxie - good job with the workouts - do you think you just worked hard regarding the calorie burn?

Belinda - way to go getting the workout in before your sis arrived. Hope you guys have a great time together!

Debbie - how are you today?

Today was Legs and Calves and had a pretty good workout, although I woke up with another bad headache. I didn't want to skip another workout, though, so I sucked it up and took 4 ibuprofins. After an hour I was fine and other then dizzy spells, had a good workout.

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each exercise.

LEGS:
Leg Extensions - 75#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#.

Leg Press Station - 180#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 10#. LOVE this exercise!

Hack Squats - 75#/12 reps - 4 set
***Up 5#.

Elevated Deadlifts - 87#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#. I remembered last time this one got me good. It did this time too.

Lying Leg Curls - 45#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 5#.

CALVES:
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 180#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes In - 180#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Out - 180#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 180#/25 reps
***Up 10#. These burned like crazy!

Belinda - I read what you wrote about lifting heavy the other day. It's awesome, isn't it? We women are taught that we shouldn't lift heavy weights. Screw that. I love it and I love pushing myself to see how heavy I can go without getting hurt. So enjoy this, it will transform you body if you haven't noticed already! :D

Heather - Nice workout today, girl! I'm doing ok, thanks for asking!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi ladies. First off - thank you all so much for your support with my sis. I'm not gonna lie, it's already taking a toll on me, and sadly, my workouts are suffering and it's so hard for me not to be upset by that. How can I be upset though when I'm in good health and she's not, you know?? Makes me feel so superficial and selfish to even admit to feeling this way. :eek: and on top of it all?? I went to get up this morning to try one of my Core Fusion DVDs before a planned early-morning dark run with Scott but just could NOT pull myself up at 5am and my knee was bugging me (still). So I thought I'd skip the run to give my knee ONE more day to recover and resent my alarm clock for 5:45. Well - I'm a moron and totally didn't turn the alarm back ON! So I woke up at 6:45 and realized my error, totally annoyed and frustrated that I'd missed my workout time entirely. :( I'm totally bumming about it now as I won't have time to do it tonight. Thankfully my mom is coming tomorrow morning so I'll be damned - I WILL get both core fusion and a long run done tomorrow. I need it so badly. Sigh. Sorry for the rant - just had to get it off my chest. I hope you don't mind.

And I will try to come back for personals but for now - this is for Heather:

Heather - you NEED a rest day! I notice you've been up, up, upping your workout intensity but I do not see you taking enough rest for yourself. Will you please promise you'll make TOMORROW a FULL rest day??? Can you do that for lil 'ol me??

Good Morning,

I didn't get my workout done this morning and tonite I am going to spend the night at my sisters. She is having a purse party and since she lives and hour and half away I didn't want to drive home in the dark, and DH is out of town so I thought spending the night would be fun. I did manage to do abs this morning.

Debbie-that fact that you were able to pull off wts. that heavy while being dizzy is way impressive.

Belinda-have fun.

Heather-I am becoming more familiar with this workout so I can put more effort into it I just know it was totally awesome to push myself that hard.

Jessica-I hope things get better for you and your family soon.

Hi girls..

Had a busy day, so a later post for me today.

Got one of my AWFUL headaches during the night. I hate them so bad. The worst thing is, they hurt more laying down and trying to sleep. I took 1/2 Vicodin at 4am, finally fell asleep about 5:15, my alarm went off at 5:30 and the headache was back!

Anyhow, I also had a work thing to do , so I crawled into work and got that done. Almost died with head and stomach pain on my way home, stuck in traffic. I had to stop at Walmart, and on whim, decided to try another pain reliever. (I've tried SO many for my headaches!). I got Aleve-D, for sinus and colds. The one you have to give your license for? .. Finally got home, took one, and I think it worked!!! The pain is 95% gone! :eek:

I ended up finishing up Meso 1 with Back and Triceps. I love working my triceps!

Belinda: nice job getting to the gym yesterday!

Debbie: Maybe you should try the Aleve-D? Nice job on your workout today. I understand not feeling great and doing it anyways.

Roxie: Enjoy the purse party Sounds like fun!

Jessica: Sorry for all your stress. It's hard to see our close family so ill. Oh I hate when I screw up with the alarm! I've done that before too!

Heather: Nice job on making up your workout! .. Though I wouldn't call it a rest day either. ;)

Gotta go clean and cook! Joy joy!

Oh, and I broke today, finally turned on the heat!!! It's so warm and toasty in here and I'm drinking a Pumpkin Chai Tea that just makes me want to curl in a ball!

Roxie, Chris - thank you for your support! I'm trying not to get all obsessed with routine while my sis is around but it's so hard being such a type-A-er and all!!

Hi girls!;)

I just finished working out and getting cleaned up, I now have errands to run, ugh! I wanted to check in with today's workout then will try to come back later for personals.

Here's today's workout:

CTX- Leaner Legs= 49 Min
Met Value= 7.0
Calories burned= 468
Leaner legs left me dripping literally in sweat, this was a tough butt kickin' workout for me today and I loved it. I was pretty drained after LL so I had to take a break and cool down so I had a protein shake and a coffee. Then I continued on to TF. If anyone is wondering if (CTX or LL) any of Cathe's older stuff has lost its punch, NO! Its Cathe and it timelessly kicks your butt safely and thoroughly you can rest assured of that one!

Turbo Fire- Fire 55 EZ Class=57 Min
Calories burned= 700
Met Value= 9.0

Turbo Fire- ABS 10 CLASS= 10 Min
Met Value= 5.0
Calories burned= 68

Total calories burned from today's workout= 1236:eek::cool:

I'll try to be back later for personals, I hope everyone is having a great Friday!;)

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Last edited:
Good evening,

No workout to report today:confused: We went back to the cave restaurant in CZ. My sis and BIL loved it. Food was so good. I will catch up on my workouts this weekend.

Heather - love the looks of your rotation. Nice weights, btw!

Debbie - you have some strong legs, girl! You blow me away with your weight. Sorry, about your headachs. Those are no fun. I love heavy weight lifting. I always was under the impresion not to lift heavy, what's up with that? LOL! I am getting very nice results with it too. Love it!

Jess - sorry, about your sis. (((HUGS))) Hope you had fun with CF and run today.

Roxie - did you buy something? Sounds like a fun night. Nice job, on the abs.

Chris - sorry about your headachs. ((HUGS)) Congrats on finsihing M1! Enjoy your recovery week next week.

Nora - fantastic job, with Meaner Legs and TF today. LL is a tough one. How are you feeling today?

Hallo to the rest of the gang!

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.