Crazy strong & loving it for Oct 20, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I slept in this morning, just couldn't get up. Must be the weather, it's awful outside! I need sunshine!

I will do Back & Biceps today..

Happy Hump Day, everyone. BBL!

Today was Back and Biceps. 12 reps felt like 25 today and I felt like I had no strength. Upped my weights, but some exercises I couldn't reach the 12 rep mark.

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each set.

BACK:
Underhand Barbell Rows - 35#/15 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Underhand Barbell Rows - 65#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 32#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#. These felt good, really concentrated on the movement and contraction.

Overhand Australian Pullups - BW/12 reps
***Improved here, last time I did 12/11/12/10.

Dumbbell Pullover - 32#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#.

BICEPS:
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 22's/10 reps - 1 set
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 21's/12 reps - 2 sets
***These were really hard, started with 22's and had to drop to 21's.

Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls - 21's/12 reps - 2 sets
Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls - 21's/11 reps - 1 set
***Very tough here, my bi's were crying big time.

Barbell Preacher Curls - 50#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#. Felt these big time.

Hammer Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 3#.

That is all....

Just wanted to report back that last night I did 35 mins from SB after work. I love that workout with the exception of "learning" the 3rd combo when she does 5 million "jazzed up" repeaters/fast feet. Ok, I get it, move along already. So I end up doing 1 & 2, 3 up to the fast feet, skip to the completed 3 then the first challenge and that's 35 mins.

My biceps are fried from yesterday's rep mix. Loving it. Can't wait to try that again now! I have no clue what I'm doing today. May try to run at lunch. I do need to do legs at some point I suppose. Not really wanting to though. Need to come up with an endurance routine for them.

Debbie - I lost all strength just reading the weights you were using!

Roxie - looks like you had a good workout last night.

Nora - How on earth do you burn that many calories? Is there a secret???

Good Morning,

Tonite I am going to do TF Core 20 Class and Stretch 40. I need to do more stretching last month there was a stretch after each workout this month you only stretch once a week, don't understand that one so I need to just incorporate more stretching my knees hurt and my hips hurt.

Debbie-holy cow on the wts. I struggled with 8lb bicep and chest work last night.

Heather-sounds like you had a good workout.

Belinda-I hear you on getting up my bed is just to warm.

Hi everyone!

Did STS D16 last night and felt SUPER-STRONG doing chest!!!! I think I'm ready for 30lb dumbells...:cool: I have 25's & 35's. I'm thinking I might just buy some more plate-mates though. I have 4-1 lbers already but need a couple of 2.5 lbers. I'm ready to go above 29 lbs, but not quite ready for the jump to 35's yet. My chest and tris are nice and toasty today...:D

Debbie - impressive...:cool:

Heather - what do you mean you don't want to work legs?!?!?! ;) I have to break out SB sometime this week. I heard a re-mix on the radio of the song in the first combo a couple of days ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it. Actually, maybe I'll do that one tonight since I have cardio on my rotation.

Roxie - enjoy your stretch. I should really incorporate more stretching.

Hi Belinda, Chris, Nora & Jessica.

Melissa - good job increasing the weights for chest! It is hard to make such a big leap though. Sometimes I wish I had 3lb gloves. that's not too much to ask for is it??? You should definitely do SB tonight.

Hi everyone!

Did STS D16 last night and felt SUPER-STRONG doing chest!!!! I think I'm ready for 30lb dumbells...:cool: I have 25's & 35's. I'm thinking I might just buy some more plate-mates though. I have 4-1 lbers already but need a couple of 2.5 lbers. I'm ready to go above 29 lbs, but not quite ready for the jump to 35's yet. My chest and tris are nice and toasty today...:D

Debbie - impressive...:cool:

Heather - what do you mean you don't want to work legs?!?!?! ;) I have to break out SB sometime this week. I heard a re-mix on the radio of the song in the first combo a couple of days ago and I haven't stopped thinking about it. Actually, maybe I'll do that one tonight since I have cardio on my rotation.

Roxie - enjoy your stretch. I should really incorporate more stretching.

Hi Belinda, Chris, Nora & Jessica.

Melissa - good job increasing the weights for chest! It is hard to make such a big leap though. Sometimes I wish I had 3lb gloves. that's not too much to ask for is it??? You should definitely do SB tonight.

Thanks Heather!

No, it's not too much to ask for 3lb gloves and yes, I will definitely do SB tonight...:D

Hi Girls!

I did DISC 12, Legs, today, which is the last leg workout from Meso 1. (Heather, these are great endurance leg workouts!). I do love the different moves. I have to say, as much as I'm not the biggest fan of leg workouts, I really LIKE squats and wall squats with the ball. My favorites! LEAST favorite? One legged sit and stands. I rarely can do those without the other foot supported on the floor! :eek:

I added on Butts & Guts core work, the one with ankle and hand weights? Loved it! I should pick that one more often!

Belinda: Hope the weather brightens and you get in a good workout today!

Debbie: You continue to KILL it on those weights!! nice job today!

Heather: Oh, I know the one you mean in combo 3. Yes, she does go on and on with "learning" that one! Nice job on the Bicep DOMS.

Roxie: You know, I didn't like Stretch 40 so much the first time. The third time was the charm though! Really got into it more. Go Turbo Fire!!

Nora: Yes, you are the calorie burn queen!!! Nice workout yesterday!!

Melissa: Still freezing here in Western MA. I drank 6 cups of hot tea yesterday to keep warm! It's tough not to turn the heat on, very tough. ... Nice job on upping the weights! Do you have a bench or the power tower thingie? 30 is huge!!!

*waves* to the rest of the crew when you get here today....

Hi girls,

This is what I did today. I have DOMS in my chest and now biceps!

BACK:
Underhand Barbell Rows
- 45#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Underhand Barbell Rows - 60#/12 reps - 3 sets
Up 5#

One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 28#/12 reps - 4 sets
Up 3 #

Overhand Australian Pullups - BW/12 reps

Dumbbell Pullover - 28#/12 reps - 4 sets
Up 3 #

BICEPS:
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
Up 2 #

Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
Up 2 #, these are tough!

Barbell Preacher Curls - 40#/12 reps - 3 sets
Up 5#

Hammer Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
Up 2 #

Debbie - impressive weights, girl! I had a tough time on the biceps too. Do you know, how much you are pushing me with those weights, in a good way! :p:eek:I was always afraid to lift that heavy or thougth I couldn't lift that much. My DH is so impressed with the weight I lift. At first he didn't believed it, he does now:p I love weight lifting, I didn't liked it 1 1/2 ago. Thanks for everthing you do!

Heather - wtg, on SB last night. I still don't get that repeater/fast feet one either, lol! Enjoy your workout later.

Roxie - have fun tonight. I will do my abs today.

Melissa - nice job with D16 last night. Nice job, on the doms and going up in weights.

Chris - glad you enjoyed D13 today. I like the leg wo in STS too. Oh, I need to pull B&G core out today. LOL! Thanks!

Off to get some houswork done! BBL!

Chris - there was a car in front of me today on the way to DD's school that had what looked like snow on their trunk. Probably from scraping their back window...:eek:

Sounds like you are in the same boat with Debbie & I about STS leg workouts. They are incredibly AWESOME!! First time ever I've actually enjoyed working my legs. Are you going to move on to Meso 2?

I do have a bench and power tower thingie. I posted the link. I bought it last year and it's the best fitness purchase I've made. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-XRS-20-Bench/5280822

Holy COW, Belinda! You are not going to be able to bend your arms tomorrow!! :eek:

You guys continue to blow me away with your weights!

Melissa: It is coming, the "s" word, isn't it? It's crazy because I have a feeling it might snow before the leaves come off the trees. They are just peaking here this week. ... That's an awesome bench/tower! I actually have a weight bench, with pull over bar and leg curl thing. But my space is so limited in my workout room, I can't really move it , and I can't get a barbell on the bench. So, I ended up buying the Push/Pull Tower from cathe.com with the $100 Gift Cert! I got that and the calendar for $40, with shipping. Not too shabby!! And it seems super portable.

Chris - there was a car in front of me today on the way to DD's school that had what looked like snow on their trunk. Probably from scraping their back window...:eek:

Sounds like you are in the same boat with Debbie & I about STS leg workouts. They are incredibly AWESOME!! First time ever I've actually enjoyed working my legs. Are you going to move on to Meso 2?

I do have a bench and power tower thingie. I posted the link. I bought it last year and it's the best fitness purchase I've made. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-XRS-20-Bench/5280822

Hey Melissa, I have the same bench and squat rack! I bought mine last year too. I agree, the best fitness purchase I've made:D Love that thing!

Holy COW, Belinda! You are not going to be able to bend your arms tomorrow!! :eek:

You guys continue to blow me away with your weights!

Melissa: It is coming, the "s" word, isn't it? It's crazy because I have a feeling it might snow before the leaves come off the trees. They are just peaking here this week. ... That's an awesome bench/tower! I actually have a weight bench, with pull over bar and leg curl thing. But my space is so limited in my workout room, I can't really move it , and I can't get a barbell on the bench. So, I ended up buying the Push/Pull Tower from cathe.com with the $100 Gift Cert! I got that and the calendar for $40, with shipping. Not too shabby!! And it seems super portable.

Thanks Chris! I love having DOMS! I am losing a lot of weight with all that heavy lifting. LOL! I love it!

It's a gorgeous day here today so I couldn't pass up a run at lunch. I need to go drive the route I did today - I think it was close to 5 miles. I did the first 2 at close to my race pace coming in at about 15:40. I was shocked. Guess I had some work frustrations to blow off!

I've been trying to decide on legs or back today. I'll see how my legs feel after work though because of the run. I may end up doing back then doing legs tomorrow. I may reach for STS Meso 1 legs. I've been thinking about it. Either that or going for something like PH or ME.

Belinda - nice job on those weights!

Melissa - thanks for sharing that like. I desperately need some sort of weight bench. I don't have much room though.

Chris - I'm so not ready for the "s" word. Not too shabby is right getting the squat rack and calendar. Sweet...gotta love gift cards!!

Belinda - You are rockin' those weights there lady!! Awesome!! I actually think I initially saw the link to this bench on OD. Maybe it was you that recommended it. I just love it. I bought the Gold's Gym upright stationery bike and I've had no problems at all with it and I use it at least 3x a week. Excellent quality!

Heather - nice run!! Glad you got out and enjoyed the weather. Yeah, this takes up some space, but not too bad. I keep the bench tucked laterally as close to the rack as I can and I just swing it out when I need to use it or move it out of the way when I use the squat rack. I don't think you could beat it for the price.

I ordered my 2.5 lb plate mates today. 2 for $34.95. So much cheaper than buying 30 lb dumbells. $40 for one...no thanks!!

I ordered my 2.5 lb plate mates today. 2 for $34.95. So much cheaper than buying 30 lb dumbells. $40 for one...no thanks!!

Awwww crap. I just realized I'm going to need four 2.5 lb plate mates to make my 25's into 30's...:mad:

Yeah, and I'm in finance...:eek:

Good Evening,

Tonite I decided to do Turbo Jam Standing Abs and Stretch Max Resistance Band.

TJ Stats:
9 min
2 in the zone
113 min hr
143 max hr
40 cals burned.

SM:
17 min
0 in the zone
88 min hr
106 max hr
39 cals burned.

Hi girls!;)

Oops! I didn't make it back last night for personals, I'm sorry. My oldest son was having a bit of a meltdown having missplaced his cross country track competition shoes. I got side tracked searching the house hi and low, sorry about that.

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: Circuit Blast= 44 Min
Calories burned= 421
Met Value= 7.0

STS Cardio: MMA Boxing- Heavy Bag= 20 Min
Met Value= 7.50
Calories burned= 205

STS Ab Circuits Med Ball Abs= 10 Min
Met Value= 4.50
Calories burned= 61

Total calories burned= 687

This was a shorter and lighter workout than I had planned for today, so I changed it. I had planned Terminator: The Gauntlet and 8 min of ab work from one of the ab hits choices. I awoke with flu-like symptoms which are a side effect of Avonex, my MS injectable medication I take once a week. Sometimes I have the evil intense flu like systems as a side effect especially if I'm not careful to drink ginormous amounts of liquids prior to the injection. This morning I could barely walk, had a headache, and major low back pain so much so that I felt like I'd been hit in the back with a baseball bat. The only remedy I've found when this happens is to take 2 extra strength tylenols and use my heated corn pillows on the painful areas. Unfortunately that usually requires me sitting on couch resting for an hour or two before the tylenols kick in and I can move around with out the pain. Oh, the joys of living with MS, LOL at least its not boring right.:p

I'll be back shortly to do personals. Have a great day girls.:)

Hugs to everyone!;):D

Nora

Good evening,

I never got my abs in today, will work them good tomorrow! I promise!

((((Nora))) so sorry about the side effect you got from the meds and having to live with MS! Sending you lots of quick healing vibes. Hope you feel better soon, girl! Get some rest. Your workouts still kicking butt:D wtg!

Roxie - glad you enjoyed Turbo Jam Standing Abs and Stretch Max Resistance Band today. I love working with the bands.

Melissa - where do you buy the plate mates? I need some too! I do enjoy my bench too. How do you like the bike from WM? Didn't know they had bikes there too.

Heather - you are amaze me with your lunch running! That's awesome! Most people wouldn't workout for their lunch hour, you do. Amazing! How did your leg workout go?

Good night, everyone!

Hi girls!;)

I'm back for personals.

Debbie- Wow, you are an Amazon with the rep counts and weights. I wish I could do that. When I lift heavy my max rep count is usually 8-10. So, what's your secret spinach? LOL!! You rock!;):)

Heather- Awesome job with SB today! Congrats on your well deserved DOMS from the other day, bravo!:D To answer your question about how do I burn that many calories? Well, first of all I'm one stubborn Taurus that's determined to not let MS win without a damned good fight and calorie burn and I'd like to loose 40 pounds too.:p Plus, I go by the workout manager for what it says for the calorie burn since my HR monitor only shows the time and HR and % of max HR, it does not do calorie burn. I rely on the workout manager for that info.

Roxie- I hope you had fun with TF Core 20 class and the TF STretch 40 class. The stretch always feels great. Enjoy! ^^^5's on getting that ab work scheduled.;)

Melissa- Congrats on your strength gains and feeling the need to go up in weights, that's awesome. The heaviest I can go for dumbells safely is #25 and on a good day #30 but its iffy it just depends on my strength on a given day. MS strength and movement are the two things that tend to fade quickly. When I first was diagnosed four years ago #5 db's were tough for me I could maybe get 5 reps in. So, although my progress has been slow in the strength gain department its been positive so I'll gladly take it. I say good for you and you go girl on going heavier than 29#'s in db's WTG!!;):cool:

Chris- So happy your enjoying how awesome the leg workouts are in STS. I did enjoy them and I'm sure I'll enjoy them in the future as well. I love STS its really helped me a lot. I'm with you on not loving sit and stands and deadlifts are always a love hate thing with me. Some days on my good days I can do them without killing my back, other I just want an epidural for the pain LOL!! I like regular standing squats not the wall squats with the ball they tend to hurt my knees, so I just do regular standing leg squats instead. I modify so I still get leg squats in but I have to be careful of my knees. I also have troubles with one legged stuff as it really scary for me balance wise. Great job on DISC 12, Legs keep up the great work! WTRock that workout!;):)

Belinda- Way to rock that workout girl on back and biceps! Ok, I just gotta say I'm totally:eek: by your #40 db preacher curls!!!!:eek: I see, Debbie has been telling to eat spinach just like popeye!:p I'm so happy that Debbie has inspired you to lift heavy, she's inspired me as well. I'm no where near what Debbie can do but I do ok for me considering. ^^^5's on today's workout!:):cool: Thanks for the healing vibes and well wishes. How are you doing with the sinus stuff now? I hope all better!;)

Hello's and hugs to our Jessica and Jolene, I hope your both doing great!:D

That's it for me tonight girls, have a great evening and sleep well.;):)

Hugs to everyone, and I'll seeya at tomorrow's check in.:):cool::D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.