Crazy strong & loving it for Oct 19, 2010

Today was cardio and I was able to do another hour of Cardio Coach. However, even though I stretched my inner thigh before and then during the workout, by the 4th challenge it was getting pretty painful.

I did Press Play and did Challenge #1 through #4. I skipped the 5th challenge due to the pain I was feeling. My goal this week is to stretch my legs every evening and see how I do next week with a CC workout. I'm hoping it's just a case of very tight muscles.

CARDIO STATS:
60 minutes total
8 minutes below zone
13 minutes in zone
39 minutes above zone
485 calories burned
3 miles travelled

Was really hoping for a 500 calorie burn. Probably would have gotten it had I done the entire workout.

Hi ladies - well I did do shoulders/triceps after work yesterday. I did 3x12 so I did lower the weights. Not really feeling it at all today.

SS#1
Shoulder press - 17's
Overhead triceps extension - 25

SS#2
Lateral raises - 11's
Double-arm kickbacks - 11's

SS#3
Rear delt press - 11's
Lying DB triceps extensions - 13's, 13's, 12's

Front into side raises - 2x12 with 8's

My left elbow started to hurt so I didn't do a 4th triceps exercise.

Not sure what I'll do today exactly.

Debbie - that's still a good calorie burn. Oh, not sure if you saw my question from yesterday - but if I want to lean out my thighs (operation booty lift worked too well and skinny jeans are out) should I do more muscle endurance and add in extra inner thigh work?

Nora - awesome job with the workouts and calorie burn. I'm just always amazed!

Roxie - my guess is that the workout is getting easier as you're improving your endurance!

Morning ladies! As you can see, last night ended up being a much-needed Kick night for me and it definitely did the trick. I felt worlds better afterwards. Funny how that happens huh??

This AM I had to be at work super-duper early so I got up earlier so I could fit in STS legs (loooooved it, even though my knee did bug me a bit on the lunges so I took it easy on the wts there) and then abs from butts & guts (Note Roxie that is THREE days this week that I've done abs already, be proud!).

Tomorrow is going to have to be a rest day for me as I'm taking care of my sister and her baby that day (long story) so I'll have no time for a workout, boo! But at least I know in advance what day is "My" day to care for her so I can work my rest days into those days. See? Always thinking. ;)

Heather - I vote you take today to rest. You seem worn out and if you're not feeling it, don't push it. Plus - you've really been upping your overall workouts lately so maybe your body just needs a little rest?

Debbie - good luck stretching those legs, I hate when things like that sideline me a bit from my "normal" workout intensity.

Nora - holy cow on your workout yesterday!! I'm always so impressed by you1! Sounds like it was a fun workout too which always helps :)

Hi everyone!

Still got some major leg doms from STS D17 on Sunday. Yowza!! My rotation is a little out of whack this week. I ended up taking Saturday off and still need to get STS D16 (Chest/Shoulders/Tris) done. I should have done that one on Sunday but I felt like working legs instead. Yeah, I just said that...:eek: Have never been a big leg fan, but STS leg workouts are rockin'!!

Jessica - glad your back!

Heather - "operation booty lift" from yesterday's post made me chuckle...:D

Debbie - 485 ain't bad, girl! Nice job...

Hi Belinda, Roxie, Chris and Nora!

DH and I are going to pick up our partner med-ball abs tonight!! I think my stomach muscle is healed but I'll take it easy for the first couple of reps just to be sure.

Melissa - what?? you chose legs??? That's crazy talk :eek: Glad I could give you a chuckle yesterday too.

Hi everyone!

Still got some major leg doms from STS D17 on Sunday. Yowza!! My rotation is a little out of whack this week. I ended up taking Saturday off and still need to get STS D16 (Chest/Shoulders/Tris) done. I should have done that one on Sunday but I felt like working legs instead. Yeah, I just said that...:eek: Have never been a big leg fan, but STS leg workouts are rockin'!!

Jessica - glad your back!

Heather - "operation booty lift" from yesterday's post made me chuckle...:D

Debbie - 485 ain't bad, girl! Nice job...

Hi Belinda, Roxie, Chris and Nora!

DH and I are going to pick up our partner med-ball abs tonight!! I think my stomach muscle is healed but I'll take it easy for the first couple of reps just to be sure.

Heather - What exactly was "operation booty lift"? Were you lifting heavy weights? If so, then yes, do endurance work and more floor work. That should definitely lean you out a bit. Heavy lifting tends to make women thicker in the thighs until they lean out.

Jessica - Nice job getting abs done three times this week! :eek:

Melissa - You are like me with legs lately, I'm actually looking forward to working them every week. I thank STS for that! Nice job!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is TF 30 Class and Upper Body Add On (I will go heavier with the wts this time).

Jess-GOOD JOB WITH THE ABS I AM PROUD OF YOU! Sounds like you had the perfect workout last night.

Debbie-good job with CC.

Heather-awesome workout last night.

Belinda-enjoy your workout.

Debbie - yes, I was going a bit heavier - adding in lots more static lunges, step ups, squats with low-end pulses. Floor work was mostly glute exercises.

Heather - What exactly was "operation booty lift"? Were you lifting heavy weights? If so, then yes, do endurance work and more floor work. That should definitely lean you out a bit. Heavy lifting tends to make women thicker in the thighs until they lean out.

Jessica - Nice job getting abs done three times this week! :eek:

Melissa - You are like me with legs lately, I'm actually looking forward to working them every week. I thank STS for that! Nice job!

HA! Woo!! I'm glad I made you proud :eek:

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is TF 30 Class and Upper Body Add On (I will go heavier with the wts this time).

Jess-GOOD JOB WITH THE ABS I AM PROUD OF YOU! Sounds like you had the perfect workout last night.

Debbie-good job with CC.

Heather-awesome workout last night.

Belinda-enjoy your workout.

Hi Girls!

It's getting COLD here , 50's, but haven't turned the heat on yet, and I'm goose bumpy!

Heated up for a bit with Turbo Fire HiiT 30. My first time doing it. OMG. :eek: It kicked my butt! Spit status, not quite puke status though!

I did the Stretch 40 afterwards. Which felt great! I like that stretch/yoga a lot. Roxie and Nora, what do you think of it?

I'll bbl for personals...going to go drink a HOT tea!:)

Hi Girls!

It's getting COLD here , 50's, but haven't turned the heat on yet, and I'm goose bumpy!

Heated up for a bit with Turbo Fire HiiT 30. My first time doing it. OMG. :eek: It kicked my butt! Spit status, not quite puke status though!

I did the Stretch 40 afterwards. Which felt great! I like that stretch/yoga a lot. Roxie and Nora, what do you think of it?

I'll bbl for personals...going to go drink a HOT tea!:)

Chris-not a real big fan of Stretch 40 I prefer Stretch 10. Fire 30 is one of my favorites along with TF 45.

Last edited:
Well I'm back from my lunch workout. I did biceps then abs from PH. I tried a new method for reps that I read here: Five Star Arms article by Tom Venuto. (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fivestararms.htm) He mentions a 4-rep System by Don Ross.

The general idea is to pick 4 exercises and change up the number of reps for each. I did 3 sets of each as a single set starting with 6 reps and increasing by 2 reps so that by the 4th exercise, I did 12 reps:

Dumbbell biceps curls: 3x6 - 20's

Hammer curls: 3x8 - 17's

Incline curls: 3x10 - 15's

Cross-body curls: 3x12 - 15's

I really enjoyed this method! Very cool. Biceps are already talking to me :eek:

Chris - exercise is definitely a good way to heat up isn't it! Nice job.

Debbie - not sure - definitely want to try it for back and maybe chest (not sure what 4 exercises I could do: incline press, flye, flat press, decline press perhaps). I may try to find the original article and see what is recommended. It seems to incorporate the best of strength, building, and endurance. Kind of cool.

Heather - Interesting method. How long do you plan to do that? Is it your new rotation? Curious minds want to know! :D

Well I'm back from my lunch workout. I did biceps then abs from PH. I tried a new method for reps that I read here: Five Star Arms article by Tom Venuto. (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fivestararms.htm) He mentions a 4-rep System by Don Ross.

The general idea is to pick 4 exercises and change up the number of reps for each. I did 3 sets of each as a single set starting with 6 reps and increasing by 2 reps so that by the 4th exercise, I did 12 reps:

Very interesting...thanks for sharing that Heather. And yes, I chose legs. Totally crazy...

Debbie - I am lovin' STS legs. Glad you are too!

Chris - I caved and let DH turn the heat on already...:eek: It felt so good though!

Hi girls,;)

I just finished today's workout and it was fun and weight work was challenging.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 45 Class = 47 Min
Met Value= 8.50
Calories burned= 545

4DS- HIS-Premix#10 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps= 34 min
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 279

Turbo Fire- ABS 10 Class= 10 Min
Met Value= 5.0
Calories burned= 68

Total calories burned= 892;)

I got to dash so I just wanted to check in for now and I'll be back later for personals. Have a great workout today!:)

Hugs to everyone!:);)

Nora

Good Evening,

Tonite I did TF 30 Class, and Upper Body Sculpt.

TF Stats:
31 min
27 in the zone
146 min hr
180 max hr
218 cals burned.

Upper Body:
20 min
8 in the zone
122 min hr
146 max hr
103 cals burned.

Good evening,

I ended up doing LIC this evening, felt like doing a circuit workout so I did. Didn't had it in me to do a straight cardio today.

Debbie - awesome job, on CCPP and cal burn today. I am sorry to hear about your pain in your tight.

Heather - nice weights today. Like how you mix it up! Sorry, about your elbow. Thanks for the link, Heather! Very intersting.

Jess - nice job on your leg workout today.

Melissa - good job with D17. Love the leg workouts in STS. Have fun with the med ball abs tonight. That one is fun!

Chris - it's minus 2 C here in Germany, that's cold! My heater been on, lol. Hope you enjoyed FT today.

Nora - holy smokes, on that cal burn today. WTG, girl!

Roxie - awesome job, tonight!

Good night, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.