Crazy strong & loving it for Oct 13, 2010

So last night I ended up running 4 miles after work. A front moved through and it was quite pleasant out. I just couldn't force myself to do step inside.

Not sure what I'll do today. I'll either do biceps at lunch then maybe LIC cardio only and abs after work or take a rest day.

Roxie - good job with that workout last night.

Nora - way to go with round 2 of STS!

Today was Back and Biceps. Today I decided to go with the 15 reps instead of 25. I just think that is way overkill. So what I did was reduced my weights by 25% instead of 40% and wow, even that was hard with the 15 reps. I like this better for sure.

2 minutes rest between each set. After the 3rd set I didn't rest 2 minutes, I lowered my weights and went right into the set.

BACK:
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 55#/12 reps - 2 sets - Warmup
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 85#/6 reps - 3 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 60#/15 reps
***Went up 5# with the 6 rep sets. This was tough, by reps 12 I was dying.

T-Bar Rows - 75#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 55#/15 reps
***Went up 5# for 6 rep sets. Again, really great burn with the 15 rep and perfect weight for it.

One Arm Rows - 47#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 35#/15 reps
***Went up 2# with the 6 rep sets and that was tough. I can't believe I'm almost to 50# with one-arm rows!

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 62#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 45#/15 reps
***Went up 2# for the 6 rep sets. Holy moly was this HARD! The 15 rep set was incredible hard. Last 3 sets were almost a no go.

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 15's/15 reps
***Went down 1# with the 6 reps, my bi's were fried and I was worried about the position of this exercise. 25's were perfect. Again, the 15 rep set was brutal.

Barbell Preacher Curls - 62#/6 reps - 1 set
Barbell Preacher Curls - 57#/6 reps - 2 set
Barbell Preacher Curls - 40#/15 reps
***First set was set up wrong. I thought I had 57# on it and when I did the first set I couldn't believe how heavy it was. I recounted and realized I put on 5# too much. Stayed the same as last time with the next 2 sets, bi's were fried. Last set of 15 was very hard and burned.

That is all...

Good Morning,

Today for me is suppose to be a rest day but I want to make up Sundays Core and Stretch however I need to get a baby gift before Saturday for my great nephew.

Nora-awesome workout.

Debbie-good job way to adjust things to fit your needs.

Heather-good job on the run and enjoy whatever you do later. Thanks for the encouragement.

Belinda-I bet you will have some rockin wts. today.

Hi everyone!

Chris - just read your Success Story...so inspiring!!! :D

Heather - enjoy whatever workout you choose to do today. Or choose not to do..:p

Roxie - yeah, you better make up that core workout lady...;)

Hi Nora, Debbie, Jessica. This list looks awfully short...:(

Last night I went with Step Moves over CCV7. Just felt like step. This is the first time I've done this one. The moves were tricky. I had to stop and rewind a couple of times but it was alot of fun. Also attempted to do partner med-ball abs with DH last night. I pulled a muscle or something when I was reaching for my barbell during incline chest presses over the weekend. I felt a slight pull in the lower left-hand side of my abs but didn't think anything of it until last night. I was fine on the standing work, but once I did the first ball exchange on the floor I had this tearing sensation in that area. OUCH! I had a hard time rolling over in bed last night and it still hurts this morning. NO FUN....:mad:

Tonight is STS D15: Back & Bi's....YEAH BABY!!!!

Melissa - ouch - hope it's nothing serious. Good job with Step Moves!

Debbie - holy freaking cow on your weights. My biceps are sore just thinking about that barbell!

Hey Everyone!

Just finished STS Meso 1, Disc 9, Legs. Not sure if my lower body is getting used to these workouts a bit. It seemed hard, but not "tears in my eyes" hard! I'll see tomorrow what kind of DOMS i have. Though I STILL have some DOMS from Mondays' chest work!!

I did the Extended stretch too! I love long slow stretches!

Belinda: Hope you got a good on in today! Thanks for the congrats! I really do believe the maintaining is the most challenging part of weight loss.

Nora: NICE job completing STS!!! Enjoy your recovery week! though your recovery weeks look like my USUAL weeks, LOL!.

Debbie: Ya, 25 reps IS pretty crazy! Though you kicked it on the weights today either way! Barbell preacher curls are so challenging! Can't believe you did it with that much weight. :eek:

Oh here's the link to my Success Story:

http://cathe.com/chris-s-success-story

Heather: Sounds like a nice run yesterday. Good plan for today too!

Roxie: Good workout last night! TF 30 is one of the toughest, isn't it? It goes so fast! Love the Stretch 10 (12!). Hopefully you'll get core and stretch in tonight!!!

Melissa: Thank you! I am always proud that I lost that much weight, but as I said, I think it's a bigger accomplishment not to regain it (though I have about 10 lbs...which maybe is my comfortable weight, because they don't ever budge!). .... Step Moves is fun! But there are a few complicated steps in it. Love it though when you finally "get it"! . So you're doing Meso 2 twice through? that's a cool idea!

Belinda - Waiting for the workout post.... ;)

Heather - Nice job on your 4 miles! I wish I could make myself workout after work. I remember way back I use to workout in the morning and evenings. I have no clue how on earth I did that. :eek:

Roxie - Enjoy your rest day! :D

Melissa - Sorry to hear about your muscle pull. I hope it heals soon. I think I know what you mean, too. I've had that before.

Chris - What an inspiring success story! I am in awe! You are awesome, my friend! Very nice job on losing all that weight!! Proud of you! :D Nice job on Disc 9!!

Heather - thanks. I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens. I was just starting to enjoy ab work again, too. I can't believe I just said that...

Chris - I agree, maintaining is definetly harder than losing. Especially since it'll come back on ya in half the time it took to lose it. ^5 girl!!! And yes, I did decide to repeat M2. I increased all of my weights to 80% and it seems to be right on the money so far.

Debbie - thanks! The feeling is really strange. Almost like I have stitches and they are pulling. Not sure how else to describe it.

Hallo girls,

I forgot to post my workout this morning!

Here it is;)

BACK:
Bent Over Barbell Rows
- 55#/12 reps - 2 sets - Warmup
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 80#/6 reps - 3 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 50#/25 reps

T-Bar Rows - 45#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 27#/25 reps

One Arm Rows - 35#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 21#/25 reps

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 65#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 34#/25 rep

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 23's/6 reps - 2 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's/6 reps - 1 set
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 15's/25 reps

Barbell Preacher Curls - 50#/6 reps - 3 set
Barbell Preacher Curls - 30#/25 reps

I will be back with personals!

Hallo girls,

I forgot to post my workout this morning!

Here it is;)

BACK:
Bent Over Barbell Rows
- 55#/12 reps - 2 sets - Warmup
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 80#/6 reps - 3 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 50#/25 reps

T-Bar Rows - 45#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 27#/25 reps

One Arm Rows - 35#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 21#/25 reps

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 65#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 34#/25 rep

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 23's/6 reps - 2 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's/6 reps - 1 set
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 15's/25 reps

Barbell Preacher Curls - 50#/6 reps - 3 set
Barbell Preacher Curls - 30#/25 reps

I will be back with personals!

Belinda-you and Debbie are amazing with your wts. maybe someday.

Hi girls!;)

I finished my workout today. I ran for the first time in a while on the treadmill today and my legs felt like soggy wet noodles when I was done. I feel super fatigued to so I think I'll have to rest today and skip personals, sorry.

here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- CORE 20 CLASS= 20 min
Calories burned= 137
Met Value= 5.0

iTread Set6 20 min= 21 Min
Met Value= 9.70
Calories burned= 278
Max Heart Rate= 153= 84%
Distance= 1.75 miles

Total calories burned= 415
This was my non workout day, LOL! I guess then that's acceptable calorie burn.

I hope to have more energy tomorrow so I can at least check in and do personals.

Have a great day girls.

Hugs to everyone!;):cool:

Nora

Good evening,

Heather - nice job on that run last night.

Debbie - your weights are amazing, girl!

Melissa - I still don't have Step Moves down, lol! Oh no! Hope you can stretch out that muscle! OUCH! Have fun with D15 tonight.

Roxie - aww.... thanks! Enjoy your rest day.

Mmmm....where is Jess and Jo?

See you all in the morning!

Chris - your story is very impressive! Good job, with D9!

Nora - wtg, on that run today! Hope you have more energy tomorrow. Rest my friend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.