Crazy Strong and Loving It for May 30, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

Not sure what I will do today? I need to do cardio and abs.

I will be back personals.

Enjoy your weekend!

Hi there! I did Step, Jump & Pump premix number 5, which is alternating step / hi-lo. I also did the abs and stretch. It was a good workout and fun- I haven't done that one in a while.

Belinda: Enjoy your cardio today- nothing too strenuous, right?? :)

We have a graduation party to go to later today- DD is over at my parents' house and DS has a slight fever. It's a beautiful day, though, so he is outside with DH. Kids never slow down. Later everyone!

Good Morning,

Today I did SJP step only and med ball abs later I wil do a stretch. I am babysitting my nephew right at the minute, he is 6 months old.

Stats SJP:
28min
23 in the zone
144 min hr
172 max hr
192 cals burned

Med Ball Abs
10min
5 in the zone
132 min hr
174 max hr
59 cals burned

Today was Legs & Calves and I had a great workout. Hamstrings are still a bit tight and feel weird. I was careful with the hamstring exercises and did not do the drop sets with the hamstring curls.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

QUADS
Squats:
85# - 8/8/8/8
***Added a set here. Went to parellel and it felt awesome.

Leg Press Station:
180# - 10/10/10
***Love this exercise. It targets my glutes really well.

Leg Extensions**:
85# - 12/12/12
70# - 10
65# - 8
60# - 8
***After 3rd set I did the drop sets with not rest. These burn like crazy. Lactid acid builds very fast for me with this exercise.

HAMSTRINGS
Elevated Barbell SLDL's:
75# - 8/8/8/8
***Added an additional set to this. Love this exercise.

Hamstring Curls:
40# - 12/12/12
***Hamstrings just feel weird with this exercise. It's really hard to explain. The first set was really uncomfortable but then felt better with the last two sets.

CALVES
4DS Calf Work
***LOVE this calf routine. I know I'll feel this tomorrow.

That is all....

Going to my mom's to hang pictures and curtains. Did I tell you all she needs hip replacement surgery? :eek:

I'll be posting my "Get Ready for Summer 2009" rotation shortly.

Hey Ladies!

Today for me was a shorter cardio, so i did Turbo Jam: Cardio Party 2. Supposed to do a stretch as well, we'll see. ...

Belinda: It must feel great to be back with 4DS! it's good to hear you're doing okay with it.

Patti: That sounds like a fun premix !!

Roxie: Another SJP! :eek: Yeah! ... Looks good. Make sure you drink plenty of water today to flush out those chips. Hope you're feeling better...

Wendy: Meant to tell you , you were SO right! I found the Cashew butter right next to the PB in the REGULAR grocery store! Who knew??? Now I have to find that recipe!...LOL.

Nora; Great long workout yesterday! HOW ARE the abs this morning?

Okay, off to clean, cook , prep for my weekend at work. Ick.

Debbie-the rotation looks good I still have one more month of chalean and then I might do this one.

Chris-I am going to try to drink alot of water today. I just need a healthier alternative to eat with my sandwich instead of chips.

Hey Ladies! TGIS! :)

No workout for me yet. We did take our dog out for a walk already this morning. He was huffing and snorting at us as soon as we got up so I figured its best to get him happy early on today. Now he is zonked out on the living room floor. What a life! I do plan on doing some cardio today - I was thinking Amy's Surge workout. I'll be back to report once its done.

Debbie - I just checked out your new rotation - thank you, thank you, thank you! I really do appreciate you doing that for us. :) Its just what I need too - it looks like alot of cardio. DH and I will be going to Montana at the end of June and will be doing alot of hiking so all of this cardio should build up some stamina in that aspect. (I'm hoping!)

Roxie - Try carrot sticks! Or, if you can't get away from chips - go for the baked ones at least.

HI ladies. I did 4 DS HIS and stability ball abs this morning. I have only done HIS a few times and that was last year when I was preparing for the RT so I pretty much sucked at it this morning but at least I got a good sweat in for the day.

Debbie-thanks for the rotation. I'll be trying that out once I'm done with STS. Have fun hanging pictures and curtains.

Belinda-are you feeling ok with doing 4DS after everything you've been through?

Roxie-I always try to do some healthy soup when I eat a sandwich and I eat the soup first so I fill up faster. That soup recipe that Debbie posted this week is delicious!

Karen-good job on finding the cashew butter. I had looked at my Harris Teeter but they didn't have it. They do have good almond butter though. Sounds like you had a nice evening out this week. You go girl.

Patti-will you be driving to the RT or flying?

Nora-your workouts continue to amaze me!

Wendy-how was your trip to Hawaii? You never filled us in on that.

Have a nice day.

Bev

Have a nice day ladies.

This time of year I have a huge addiction to watermelon, cantaloupe and cucumbers are these all ok? I am not getting to many carbs?

Hi Ladies! Happy Saturday!!

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol.1 Revised= 35 minutes plus I did power walking during Coaches notes-total= 39 min.
Distance= 3.0 miles
Calories burned- 444

Warmup= 5 min.BPM= 111
Steady State 1= 135
Challenge 1 sprints 6 minutes BPM's= 133,140,138,145,145,143= 74% to 80% of MHR in zone.
Steady State/rest 1:48 BPM=121
Challenge 2 sprints 5:43, BPM's= 146,147,147,=80% MHR in Zone.
Steady State 2 4:28= 121
Challenge 3 sprints 3:43 Bpm's= 153,154=85% MHR In Zone.
Cool down= 4:33 BPM- 129.
Walked during coaches notes-4:31

KCM 30 min to fitness Kickboxing- Workout#1 plus Bonus abs and core= 44 min of fun!
Calories burned= 451

KCM- 30 Min to Fitness Bootcamp.
I did workout 1= 30 minutes
Calories burned= 328
This was very fun and reminded me sort of Drill Max. I hadn't tried this one before so this was my first time. I was sweating buckets. Good stuff.
Oh and that reminds me FYI for those of you that like KCM or Amy Bento they both have pre-orders coming on June 9 (KCM) and June 26? for Amy, so check out their websites for details.

Oh yeah, I had ab dom's today. I guess med ball extreme this week finally made my abs say uncle.:p My abs were sore, but I still did some abs any way, just fighting my way through the DOMS. I had a really great and tough workout today!:)

Have a great weekend ladies, seeya all Monday!:)

Hugs!

Nora

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.