Crazy Strong and Loving It for May 29, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Morning,

I am done with 4 DS Biceps & Triceps! I burned 445 cal. Not bad! I am super sore this week.

I have a busy day today, I will be back tonight!

Happy Friday!

Ouch - my body is hurting from yesterdays workout! All those punches and kicks really got me! I love it!

I took it a little easier this morning. I did Jillian Michaels Front Side workout and then did Stretch Max with the band. It felt awesome to stretch out those sore muscles.

Last night I previewed Amys Surge workout...is it just me or are some of the kicks a little awkward?? I was only previewing it - but some of the kicks looked...weird.

What are everyones plans for the weekend? DH and I will be going to see a band at a cafe' tonight. Not sure about the rest of the weekend. If it indeed rains we will probably clean up some of the basement.

Can't wait to start a new rotation on Monday...

Morning! DH and I were supposed to get up and do STS Disc 15, back and biceps. But he wanted to sleep in- no worries, I can do the workout later while the kids nap. I find that if I get to eat before lifting I have more energy anyway, so it will be a good workout. I would eat in the morning but I'm already up at 5, can't see getting up earlier just to eat.

I've been feeling mushy and fat the past few days. I know my eating was off over the weekend but man am I paying the price! Phooey! I'm hoping I will look more like myself next week. Also, this meso 2 is kicking my butt! I'm starving and exhausted- hoping I will feel a little better in a week or so.

Belinda: Glad that 4DS is working for you right now! I love how Debbie used that one in the December rotation- I want to do that one again sometime.

Karen: Yes, there are a few moves in Surge that are odd, but that's Amy, IMO. Sometimes a kick or combo will have a weird hiccup in it, at least to me. I just do my own thing to make it work. But I will also say that Surge is a FUN workout- I really like it. But Amy is so intense that I only do her once a week at the most. I think I'll do Powerstrikes tomorrow for cardio.

I made this last night and it was really good! I mean, better than I even expected. DH and I slurped it up. :) I got the original recipe from this recipe board actually, but I added a few things so here is how I did it.

Creamy chicken tomato soup

1 cup of plain, nonfat greek yogurt
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 carton of chicken broth
1 yellow squash, shredded
Chicken breast
Juice from fresh lemon
Couple of glugs of soy sauce

Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Put the chicken in the pan and season with plenty of salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done. Cut up chicken and add to quinoa when it is done. Add yogurt, yellow squash, lemon juice, soy sauce, broth, some garlic and tomato sauce. Simmer and serve.

Nutritionals:
Had 12.5 ounces of chicken, plus a little less than a cup of yogurt.

Whole recipe:
1631 cal / 166 carbs / 29 fat / 161 protein / 21 fiber

If serving four:
408 calories / 42 carbs / 7 fat / 40 protein / 5 fiber

Good Morning,

Tonite is Push Circuit 3 for the last time and STS med ball abs. My plans for the weekend are cleanmax, laundrymax, walmartmax(hate this one) and then on Sunday I want to catch some rays.

Good morning ladies. I did Disc 30 this morning which is shoulders, biceps, triceps. I'm working very hard to improve my form on all of the tricep exercises so I hope I notice a difference. Getting ready to make an egg white wrap for my breakfast.

If any of you care to see my new and improved workout room just go to www.picturetrail.com/auntiebev and go to the workout room album.

Belinda-good for you on getting back into it with doing 4DS. Your body is probably in shock after everything that it's been through lately.

Karen-I struggled with some of those moves in Amy's Kickbox Surge but I thought it was just me being uncoordinated! Have fun at the cafe tonight. You've been putting in alot of hours working on your basement and driveway so you deserve it!

Patti-Have a good workout. I do better when I eat something before I lift. Thanks for the soup recipe. I love to eat soup for my lunch even when it's hot out.

Have a great day ladies. I'm off to the grocery store.

Bev

Bev-love the workout room.

Here are my eats today brkfst wasn't so good but I was in a hurry+
Brkfst-2 banana muffins
Lunch-ham and turkey rollups, carrots, and a banana
Pm snck-cherry tomatoes and a gala apple
Supper-don't know yet

Today was cardio. I actually felt like doing cardio today, too. So that was good. I had a really good workout and feel good today. The sun is FINALLY shining. Geez, we've had rain since Monday night.

I chose another one of my Cardio Coach mixes. It had 4 challenges on it.

HR STATS:
63 minutes total
5 min. below zone
29 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
518 calories burned
4 miles travelled

Travelled a total of 8 miles this week. :hyper:

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Roxie - You are so funny! I have to go to walmartmax today too. I hate going there.

Checking in -

Good morning, all! I did Tracey Staehelhaieehilesse(whatever!) HISM2 today. I did it all but the abs - I did those yesterday. Worked 80 min/541 calories. OKAY! I kept up pretty well, between rewinding a couple of times and making sure my youngest daughter finished getting dressed for school (she gets SO distracted). I'll probably keep it a couple days and do it again before sending it back to Netflix. I keep hearing about Amy's kickbox surge, but it's not on Netflix yet, I don't think.
I'll need a rest day soon, and I work tomorrow, so....serendipity!
I'm off to the grocery store. Good times....

Good afternoon ladies!:)

I'm checking in early again, eh?:p

Here's today's workout:

Kimberly Spreen- Cardio Combat Surge, no fusion stretch= 75 minutes, I did use med ball and 8lb weighted bar.
Calories burned= 768!

Lauren Brooks-Ultimate Body Sculpt/Conditioning w/Kettlebells-Joint mobility warm up= 6 min
Quick Full body fat blast workout= 13 min. I used a 15lb kettlebell. Total workout time= 19 min.
Calories burned= 130

STS Ab Circuits- No Equipment Abs= 17 minutes
Calories burned= 104

Wow! I just know I'm going to feel DOMS in my abs today with all the ab work in each workout today.

Great job on the Cardio Coach mix workout today! I think I'll see how my knees like Cardio coach tomorrow. I miss Cardio Coach, I love that and its so addictive.

I hope everyone else is having a great workout today and enjoying that its Friday! Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

Hugs!;)

Nora

Nora-your workouts are incredible I wish I had that much time.

Girls I am on a potote chip binge have been for 2 days now someone please help me.

Roxie - if you are anything like me - you will continue to eat until the bag is gone. However, sometimes throwing the bag in the trash (or not buying anymore of them) will keep me from eating more. Maybe your body is just craving salt? Or something crunchy?

Roxie: When I'm in that bad, bad place I have to throw it away. Plus I spray it with kitchen cleaner so I won't go get the bag later. :eek:

Hi guys!

late check in for me today! I never got to come back as I had planned!

I did BM2 for my "pennance" of drinking beer and eating out last night! LOL!. Plus, I kind of got into the PB jar after the kids went to bed. I did BM2 in it's ENTIRETY! Holy :eek: Crap! that is long and tough and I sweat buckets!!!

We ended up having a wonderful dinner out though, and it was well worth it. The food wasn't "all that great", but the beer and conversasion and alone time was! And my kids survived without me! Amazing! we even let my 13 yr old stay home alone (he has Juvenile Diabetes, so I get a little anxious about him).

I have to go back and copy those recipes, patti! they look good.

YOU guys have been busy burning a ton of calories today too!

Roxie, you do need to throw the chips away or get out of the house. The only solution. OR eat them until they're gone and out of your system. Is it PMS time?

Oh, hey, I made this tonight, and it was very good! A light tasting quiche, but the flavor of the Feta made it!

Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche

Ingredients

1 medium onion, diced
6-oz fresh baby spinach
2 large eggs
1/2 cup egg beaters (liquid substitute)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1 1/3 cups non fat milk
1/2 cup fat free feta cheese

Preheat oven to 400F.
Lightly grease a 10-inch quiche/tart pan (or a pie plate)
In a medium frying pan, cook diced onion with a bit of vegetable oil (or cooking spray) over medium-high heat until translucent and tender. Add in fresh spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, then stir in spinach-onion mixture.
Pour quiche base into prepared pan. Top with feta cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is set and the outside edge is golden brown.
Let set for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.

Number of Servings: 6

CALORIES: 128.5
FAT: 1.9
Sodium: 310.8 mg
CARB: 14.3
PROTEIN: 12.5g
FIBER: 1g

Ok all I ate all the chips it was a 99 cent bag not a great big one and it was at work so I don't have any at home. Customer gave me a klondike bar had to eat it before it melted.

Chris-no its not pms time just finished yesterday.

Here are my workout stats:
Sumo squat-20lbs/8reps up 5lbs.
Single Arm Row-20lbs/8reps each side
Chest Fly-15lbs/8reps
Bowlers Lunge-15lbs/22reps up 3lbs
Double Bent Over Row-20lbs/11reps up 5lbs
Bench Press-20lbs/8reps up 5lbs
Single Leg Sumo Squat-20lbs/22reps up 5lbs
Double Reverse Grip Row-20lbs/11reps up 5lbs
Long Arm Pullover-15lbs/11reps

36min
19 in the zone
124 min hr
159 max hr
190 cals burned.

I didn't do abs will those tomarrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.