Crazy Strong and Loving It for May 26, 2009

Good morning. I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day. It rained here in Charlotte and our company decided to not even bother going back to the race track. They left at 5:15 this morning and I'm happy to have the house back to myself! I did PowerMax this morning since I was supposed to do that last Saturday but didn't.

Have a nice day and I'll try to check back later.

Bev

Hey Everyone,

Well - this week is supposed to be recovery week. I normally would be doing some cardio - but after our hard work in the yard yesterday - I slept in this morning and it felt soooo good. Granted - I hardly got any sleep last night so it was hardly "sleeping in" - but it was nice just the same. I'll probably take our dog out for a walk later today and maybe do some yoga. Who knows - maybe I'll do absolutely nothing! :)

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Good Morning,

Tonite I am going to do a Leslie Sansones walking off the pounds workout. I have never done one of hers before. I need some help ladies my hips are just not losing any inches, and the scale is not budging. Yesterday I only consumed 1200cals and this whole weekend I stayed at 1400cals, what can I do to help these 2 areas?

Morning! I slept in too- it's been my trend the past week or two to do cardio later in the afternoon. I am thinking I may try the new Cardio Combat Surge one with Kimberly Spreen- need to preview it today although her choreography is usually pretty easy.

Karen: I did Mindy's Interval Express step yesterday and thought of you. It was even easier the second time through- what a great quick workout. I ordered a few more of hers, too. So thanks for that recommendation- she's fun. :)

Bev: I didn't know you lived in Charlotte- my old college roommate was from Charlotte. What a beautiful place. Can I come and visit?? ;)

Nora: I saw you did KCM yesterday- love her cardio workouts. :)

Hi Roxie! It is a frustratingly slow process, but if you stick with the workouts and the eating, it will happen.

Today was cardio and I really needed the calorie burn after all the crap I ate these past 4 days. I'm disgusted with myself. Now I need to start all over again. :mad: I'm sure I gained back all 4# that I lost plus probably a few more. Danggit anyways!

So I chose one of my Cardio Coach mixes. It included the 2 - 8 minute treks from CC #8, the 10 alternating hill climb/sprint intervals from CC #7 and a sprint challenge from CC #5. I gave it my all today. With the 2nd 8 minute challenge I ran it at 5 mph. That's good for me. That is a 12 minute mile on my treadmill. Usually I do this challenge at a 4 - 4.5 mph speed. It felt great and I didn't even get out of my level 3.

HR STATS:
60 minute total
4 minutes below zone
21 minutes in zone
37 minutes above zone
508 calories burned!!!!
4 miles travelled

Happy with these stats. :eek:

Be back when I get time. Today is going to be crazy!

Hey Everyone!

Going to bike to the park, do a run, bike around and back home, in a few! It's supposed to turn cloudy/rainy, so NOW is the time to get outside ...

Belinda: How are you feeling after your 4DS work yesterday?

Bev: Powermax is a good fun step! Sorry you got rain there, it is heaading our way soon... :(

Karen: Yoga or rest day sounds like you well deserve it!

Patti: Are you feeling better working out in the pm? I ended up doing that Mindy Step Interval last week, some footwork I didn't get, but it was fun otherwise. have you done the hi/lo section? I'm not a big fan of hi/lo, just wondering how it was, say , compared to MIC.

Debbie: Hey, no worries about eating off. That weight will come RIGHT off this week. you are always so disciplined, so you shouldn't feel badly about a few days!!! great CC workout today!

Roxie: I do think 1200 calories is not enough. Even 1400. Just a thought. I do agree if you stick with it, it will come off though! Just not sure about that calorie intake. ....

Off I go!!

Chris: Yep, I feel a little better with the afternoon cardio- I have more energy for it. Plus, DH and I get up at 5:00 to do STS and I think that's enough for now on the mornings. I was getting a little burned out getting up everyday. Plus, I think the lack of sleep wasn't helping in the cravings department. Enjoy the run- rain here today too.

Debbie: Oh yes, right there with you. I got back on the wagon yesterday and have been chugging water. I refuse to get on the scale yet. :p

Checking in -

I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I ended up doing GymStyle Legs. I'm a little sore today - nice.
I'd been trying to do the 1 heavy/1 light rotation, but found that I just can't go as HEAVY as I need to (safely) with what I have in my workout room. We have a weight bench with leg attachment out in the garage. I feel so dumb that it has never occured to me to go out there for bench press, etc. And I could really use the leg curl/extensions...I'm getting really tired of leg presses and dead lifts! I'd like to move it back up into the workout room...but I think we need a shorter Olympic bar for it. (They sell those, don't they?) I've just been so selfish with my space up there, but now I think I need that bench! Now if I could just get a squat rack, too. ARGGGHH - I need more room!!
Anyway, I'll probably do GS Chest/Tri today. I have a dentist appt here shortly, though. So I may have to lift this afternoon.
I hope each of you has a great day and great workouts! And Roxie, I know with such big changes you've made you'd expect to see some quicker results. But with discipline, when those changes happen, they will stick! Keep up the good work and TRY to not be too discouraged - it will happen. Hang in there.

Wendy: Yes, I have a 5 foot Olympic bar- I bought it especially for Cathe workouts. I didn't always want the long squat rack one.

Here are my eats for today:

Brkfst-Rainforest cereal, grapefruit
Am snack-stonefield lowfat vanilla yogurt and banana
Lunch-chicken salad sandwich, potatoe salad
PM snack-sargento lowfat cheese stick and apple
Supper-don't know yet DH is home

Thanks Patti - I need to check that out. I had 5 extra minutes before I need to leave for my dentist appt, and danggit, Debbie (!!!!) I found myself on Craigslist looking for motorcycles! I want mine back!
And I don't know what I was smoking this morning, but yesterday I did 4DS kickbox/legs, not GS. This morning I did GS Chest & Tris.
Gotta run!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

REAL low cal day! LOL!

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Turkey patty w/thin slice provalone & avacado on one slice whole wheat bread
M4: 1/2 c LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam
M5: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; cucumber & tomatoe w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M6: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1469.5 calories
58 g. fat - 35%
125 g. protein - 34%
121 g. carbs - 33%

I've never in my life looked forward to eating cottage cheese until today. That even sounded good after all the horrible crap I ate this past weekend. :eek: I'm not even hungry today.

Sonya - Have a great vacation!!!

Hi girls,

I am getting ready to do some yoga:D My day was so busy today, glad it's night time:p

Bev** sorry, you had a rainy MD! Great job on PM this morning.

Rockie** enjoy Leslie Sansones tonight! I posted a few exercises with the tubing/bands those will get you hips good. I had a nice burning every time.

Karen** hope you get some sleep tonight. I know what’s that like. The last 3 day’s I get like 4-5 hours sleep. Still not enough, but at least I am getting some, right? Sounds like you need a rest day.

Patti** enjoy your new workout! Let me know how you like it?

Debbie** wtg, on your cal. burn today. Do you mix you own CC’s? that one sounds interesting! Don’t be so hard on yourself, you will work it of. You had fun, right?

Chris** I hear ya on the weather, we are getting crappy weather the next few day’s. Have fun with your run and bike ride. I will very sore today, I am also spitting up blood again. I don’t know what to do anymore? I will see the doctor this week if it doesn’t stop. He told me it can take up to 8 weeks!

Wendy** great job with GS legs yesterday. Have fun with your UB workout today. I like using my leg curl/extensions, instead of leg pesses and dead lifts.

Have a great day!

Finished the day at 1100 cals and I haven't worked out yet. Here are my workout stats and they are embarrassing:

Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk away the pounds
Repeated twice to make it 2 miles.
40min
11 in the zone
109 avg hr
148 max hr
165 cals burned

Had to work really hard to get my hr up. I won't be doing this one again unless its just extra cardio. Next time I will try the 2mile walk.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!:)

Here's today's workout:

Amy Bento's- In the Ring= Great NRG Mix= 53 min
Calories burned= 543

iTread Set6= 20 Minutes
Calories burned= 264
Distance= 1.81 miles
BPMs= warmup 66-135, 141,147,151,154,153, cool down 98.
75% to 86% of Max heart rate in zone for 15 minutes of 20 min approx.

Ab Hits= Crosstrain Xpress- All Step Abs= 10 minutes.
Calories burned= 68

Fun workout today, still missing STS though.

Yes, I do love KCM Cardio step kickboxing. Its so much fun so are her 30 minutes to fitness dvds.

Debbie- wow! I'm always amazed by your workouts, your da bomb!

Everyone else- awesome job on your workouts today! Keep up the great work:)

Have a great evening!

Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.