Crazy, Strong and Loving it for May 12, 2010

hriacobacci

Cathlete
I think Belinda is probably out today so I'll start. After work yesterday, I did KPC (the 3 combos and a few of the drills) plus the abs.

This morning DH got up to go to swim at 5 so I crawled my lazy butt out of bed and did Athletic Step. I'm supposed to do weights too.

Happy Hump Day!

Nora - hope you're feeling better. I did get a chuckle out of mugging a paramedic ;)

Today was cardio and IMAX 3 was on tap. I don't think I should do this workout due to my knee right now. I may do it in the next few weeks of this rotation in place of something else. I did Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. Had a really excellent workout, I worked my ass off with this one. I really had fun with it and I feel great right now.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 3 min. total
6 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
41 minutes above zone
473 calories burned

Hey ladies! Sorry for going MIA yesterday on you, work has been quite a "treat" lately lemme tell ya ;)

Heather - nice job last night and this AM! Athletic Step - haven't tried it yet, I just realized how many of the STS shock cardio series I still need to try, I've been so distracted with Kick, etc. How do you like that step workout? Is the choreography tough?

Debbie - nice job, great calorie burn! How does Tracey compare to Cathe? I'm curious.

I did a double again today, like Monday only opposite - Power first at 5:15 and then Ride at 6:00. I was SO tired by the end but felt good that I got 'er done, especially since last night's run was a total bust. Shin splints AGAIN! I think I need new running sneaks, time to go shopping ;)

Debbie - good call on the cardio switch up. Imax 3 is a definite knee killer if your hurting at all.

Jessica - I like Athletic Step. The hardest move is the shuffle repeater, but only b/c it goes right into a skip across the step. Your legs do not want to move in that direction initially. Otherwise, very straight forward. Definitely sounds like it's time for new shoes - and maybe try to do some exercises to strengthen the tibialis muscle.

I've been futzing around this morning. It's raining and dreary and COLD out, and I really have no plans. So I've just been wasting time online and getting little chores done. I should do something constructive today. (Like start going through kids' clothes and sorting).

I have vague DOMS in my upper body and lower today. Not too bad.

For cardio day today, it's LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver Premix. I kind of remember this one as being really repetitive and I might change my mind and do a Turbo Kick instead. Been doing a lot of step lately, and I think that just makes my bum bum bigger!:eek:

Nora: Your post did have me laughing, BUT, I'm super impressed with your endurance with Insanity! You'll have to let us know if you get any results. I know you've said you've had trouble with actually losing any weight too.

Debbie: Good call on subbing IM3. That is a good KB workout!!!

Heather: Have you started a new rotation? AS is one of my favorites. THOSE steps I mostly have.

Jessica: GREAT double workout today!!! And at the crack of dawn. wow. I love that exercise for shin splints where you hold the ball against the tops of your feet and push in with your toes. Those shin splints really hurt! I usually get them when I run after an extended period (aka winter months) of NOT running.

Ok! So I did do Turbo Kick Round #31~! With the Sprinkler! I'm so glad I did! Loved it!! Added on Stretch Max Seg #1 afterwards. It did feel good, I was tight in spots I wasn't aware of (triceps! WOW! :eek:)

I watched a little thingie Chalene had on FB yesterday about the differences with Turbo Jam, Turbo Kick and the new one, Turbo Fire. I hadn't realized that Turbo KICK is considered HARDER and more intense than Turbo JAM. But today I realized it! LOL!

I'm still putzing, getting nothing done. i better do something!!! ????

Back to report on weights. Same as last week only supersetted and increasing weights. 2 sets of 12:

Upright rows (with dumbbells) - 21's (1# heavier, but only made it to 7 on 2nd set then dropped to 20)
Alternating bicep curls - 21's (1# heavier but had to drop to 20 for 2nd set b/c of form)

Squats - 90# (up 10#)
Alternating plie squats - 50 (up 10#)

Incline dumbbell chest press - 31's (up 1#)
Underhand row (dumbbells) - 26's (up 1#)

Static lunges - 70 (messed up and didn't write down weight so didn't go up, oops)
Overhead triceps extension - 27 (up 2#)

Added calves (100#)

Chris - this is still the same rotation. Today finished up week 6. I have 2 weeks left. Good job with your workout!

Good Afternoon,

I am suppose to do Athletic Step today but the way its going here at work I think I will do the KPC I was suppose to do yesterday. I hate my job some days its like the boss lady has PMS but she went through menopause so I know thats not possible. Having coughing fits after delivering something to a smoker couldn't hardly catch my breath.

I've been futzing around this morning. It's raining and dreary and COLD out, and I really have no plans. So I've just been wasting time online and getting little chores done. I should do something constructive today. (Like start going through kids' clothes and sorting).

I have vague DOMS in my upper body and lower today. Not too bad.

For cardio day today, it's LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver Premix. I kind of remember this one as being really repetitive and I might change my mind and do a Turbo Kick instead. Been doing a lot of step lately, and I think that just makes my bum bum bigger!:eek:

Nora: Your post did have me laughing, BUT, I'm super impressed with your endurance with Insanity! You'll have to let us know if you get any results. I know you've said you've had trouble with actually losing any weight too.

Debbie: Good call on subbing IM3. That is a good KB workout!!!

Heather: Have you started a new rotation? AS is one of my favorites. THOSE steps I mostly have.

Jessica: GREAT double workout today!!! And at the crack of dawn. wow. I love that exercise for shin splints where you hold the ball against the tops of your feet and push in with your toes. Those shin splints really hurt! I usually get them when I run after an extended period (aka winter months) of NOT running.

I was JUST thinking I need to do that exercise to rid myself of shin splints for good. They really put a damper on a good intentioned run!

I've never tried the Chalene workouts, how do you like them compared to Cathe (I compare every at-home workout to Cathe if you haven't noticed!)

Hi everyone.

Belinda must be on her way to the states. I hope she's having a safe trip!

Heather - KPC is the only workout that gives me lat doms. I need to do that one more often.

Debbie - I don't have Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. Nice calorie burn...maybe I should check it out!!

Chris - I find LIC's warm-up painfully repetitive. Once I get past that, I'm okay.

Roxie - you aren't alone. I hate my job someday's, too...:( KPC should make you feel better!

Jessica - how the heck do you get up that early to work out?!?! I've tried several times to become a morning exerciser, but I just can't do it consistently. On the rare occasions that I am able to, I'm wandering around the house come 7pm (my normal workout time) because I don't know what to do with myself...

Nora - Hi!!!

I'm supposed to get in a CC tonight but I might go with a circuit since I won't be working out tomorrow night. DD is performing in "Schoolhouse Rock". Does anyone else remember watching that or am I aging myself here?!?! We've been listening to the CD every morning on the ride to school for about 5 weeks now. Needless to say, I know all the words and it will take alot of restraint to keep me from singing along!!

Have a great day everyone!

Roxie - have fun with KPC!

Melissa - When I first started doing the kickboxing workouts (any of them) my whole back had DOMS. I think the more you do it, the stronger you get in the overall core. Have fun with your workout and I do remember Schoolhouse Rock!

Heather: Oh, ok! I think Athletic Step is on Cathe's rotation today, and so many people mentioned doing it. You're doing great on the weights!!

Roxie: Hope you feel better and get a good workout in today!

Jessica: I like Chalene. I love Turbo Jams and Turbo Kicks. COMPLETELY different from Cathe though. To me, they are more about the music. The music COMPLETELY gets me going in these workouts. They are kickbox-y /boxing orientated workouts. But they have funk in them! Turbo Jams are moderate workouts, can be advanced if you give it your all. Turbo Kicks are advanced, and really give you a good sweat! Lots of core work incorporated IN the workouts. Chalene is just fun(ny) and funky! A complete change from Cather, actually. Though I LOVE everything Cathe has done. Never tire of her!

Melissa: I'm with you, can NOT work out early either. I should try on Saturdays, It would work better. BUT, Saturday is the only day I can sleep in (until 7am, woo hoo!). You'll have to let us know which circuit you do! The LIC Premix I was talking about repeats ALOT of the same combos. It gets boring to me. At least the weights in the entire LIC breaks it up. ... I do remember Schoolhouse Rock!!! Didn't it used to be on in the afternoons with the ABC Afterschool Specials? Remember those? they'd have a little movie about "teens" and issues they went through. Now who's old? LOL!...Very cool your daughter is doing it too.

I do remember Schoolhouse Rock!!! Didn't it used to be on in the afternoons with the ABC Afterschool Specials? Remember those? they'd have a little movie about "teens" and issues they went through. Now who's old? LOL!...Very cool your daughter is doing it too.

HAHAHA!! Yes, ABC Afterschool Specials..I remember those well. I have this vivid memory of a cartoon-guy and a big wheel of cheese. But I can't remember the song...

We've been tuning out to "I'm just a bill, on capital hill.." and "conjunction junction, what's your function...":p Oh and my fave: "interplanet Janet she's a galaxy girl..."

Okay, I'm done geekin' it up!! :eek:

Hi everyone.

Belinda must be on her way to the states. I hope she's having a safe trip!

Heather - KPC is the only workout that gives me lat doms. I need to do that one more often.

Debbie - I don't have Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. Nice calorie burn...maybe I should check it out!!

Chris - I find LIC's warm-up painfully repetitive. Once I get past that, I'm okay.

Roxie - you aren't alone. I hate my job someday's, too...:( KPC should make you feel better!

Jessica - how the heck do you get up that early to work out?!?! I've tried several times to become a morning exerciser, but I just can't do it consistently. On the rare occasions that I am able to, I'm wandering around the house come 7pm (my normal workout time) because I don't know what to do with myself...

Nora - Hi!!!

I'm supposed to get in a CC tonight but I might go with a circuit since I won't be working out tomorrow night. DD is performing in "Schoolhouse Rock". Does anyone else remember watching that or am I aging myself here?!?! We've been listening to the CD every morning on the ride to school for about 5 weeks now. Needless to say, I know all the words and it will take alot of restraint to keep me from singing along!!

Have a great day everyone!

LOL! I don't know, I just DO! I've been doing it for SO LONG that it's all I know at this point. While I can and do workout at night sometimes, there are NO excuses not to get it done when you're up at that hour of the day, far more excuses at night. And besides, at least then I feel super accomplished before I even GET to work ;)

Hi girls!;)

I finished my workout much earlier today around 12:30 pm but got sidetracked with other stuff and kids stuff, so I apologize I'm checking in so late.

Here's Today's Workout:

Insanity-Max Cardio Conditioning= 50 Min
Calories burned= 785

4DS- LIS premix-Back & Biceps=25 min
Calories burned= 205

This was a great workout for me today and Cathe is always so awesome, so it was fun to combine Insanity with 4DS, but I can only do the shorter weight sections which the premixes allow for with Insanity. Its very intense.

Heather- I'm glad you got a chuckle out of my comments yesterday. Wow! Girl, talk about a great workout, KPC 3 combo's and drills, plus abs, and you did Athletic Step too!!!! I bow to you!;) WTG!

Debbie- Hey girl, how are you doing? Good call to opt out of Imax3 with your knee bugging you. I love Imax3 music and stuff but my knees aren't too happy with me if I do it, I usually will do Imax 2 instead. I do love Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge, which is also a super fun workout, love that one. Nice choice and I know you had a blast doing that one. I also love Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge and Core Training, so much fun! Yep, I think I'm a kickbox-a-holic:p Great workout today, keep up the awesome job!:)

Jessica- Sorry work has been hectic or a pain for you lately. Hang in there Friday is almost here.:) Ugh, shin splints I feel your pain. I had shin splits when I was on my high school track team long ago. Man, it was hell. I had to ice my shins before and after a workout and take aspirin before the workout. I did later find out later that my shoes and crappy track surface to run on was likely the cause. Ever since them I am a big big fan of great athletic running shoes, its not just about price they are made entirely different and made to protect you and enhance performance. I didn't realize that back then. Oh well, live and learn, right?;) Good for you getting your tough workout in today with Powerlifting first then a ride. WTG!!!

Chris- Hi!;) Yes, I am getting some results with Insanity. I've noticed I definitely am feeling it in my midsection every day I do it and I've noticed things are getting loser around the waist, love that! Also, it seems my HR will get up there fast in my 75-85% of my max range quickly then drop to like 98-112 when we break for a drink. So I think that's a good sign. Plus if you can force yourself to get through the warmup which is HiiT for the first 10 minutes or so then you can make it through the rest eventhough its equally tough but your body seems to be in the zone and better able to go the distance with it. I get the same feeling of exhilleration from completing an Insanity workout that I do from a Cardio Coach Run. That's high praise if you enjoy Cardio Coach then you know what I mean. Oh Chris you should spend some time where I live in Oregon, trust me dreary and rainy describes the fall and winter and part of spring and can be cold. Yep, I feel you pain on that one. ;) WTG on today's workout, Take care Kiddo! I'm so anxious for Turbo Fire to come out Ive been frantically saving up for it.

Roxie- Sorry your boss is PMsing in spirit. I know how that can be and it sucks. Just imagine a voo doo doll and poking it with a pin, I always found that theraputic when I worked years ago in a office setting. I like AS but I don't feel secure on some of the footwork, but it is fun. I love KPC and that's a keeper. I hope you had a great workout and KPC is a great way to workout some of those boss PMSing vibes. Hang in there;)

Melissa- Oh man talk about memories and dating me. I remember school house rock and loved it. I think I still have it committed to memory, LOL!! Yes, and after school specials, I watched those too. What fun to have your DD performing Schoolhouse Rock in a play. I'm sure alot of parents will be smiling and remembering that as well. I know I'd be right there next to you singing all the words to the songs. We could so a duet LOL!! CC workout is a toughie for me I do not get the core part of it where you roll on your back and then magically get yourself up to a standing position. I either feel like an idiot because I cant get that or I beat myself up about it. The rest of the work is great though. Good for you being more coordinated than I am and doing that workout and no doubt mastering it. You rock, and that's a chip of the school house of schoolhouse rock! I could resist because I'm only a bill, and lolly, lolly, lolly get your adverb here, conjunction junction what's your function, LOL!!! I could resist, sorry. :p

***Hi's, waves, and hugs to Wendy, and Belinda***I*

Ok, girls that's it for me, have a great night and sleep well. Seeya at tomorrow's check in.;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.