Crazy strong and loving it for March 31, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I can't believe to today is my last STS leg workout:(:confused: I had a hard time Monday going down from 90% last week to 85 % this week. I guess I have to trust the program, rigth? What results did you get with STS? I see more muscles in my UB/LB, I much stronger than I was in Jan.;) Not sure how people lost 20/40 lb on STS? I sure didn't.:confused::rolleyes:

Heather, hope you well rested today. Nice weights on your bi/tri wo. Glad you got your run in, hope you feel better. Enjoy your Easter with your family.

Debbie, maybe you need to shake it up with biking or walking/hiking? I am glad you like your rotation, can't wait to start. I will sub the cardio for running/spinning.

Roxie, hope you had fun with your mom last night. How far did you walk?

Chris, sorry you having such a rough time lately. Sorry about your son, they will do crazy things/stuff. Sounds like you have a nice Easter planed.I can't believe the nurse announce your weight? What's wrong with her? The scale wasn't my friend since January, it's finally moving down again. Your will too.

Jessica, I checked out your blog, very impressive! Congrats to you! Very cool, girl! Good luck today!

Nora, fantastic job, with CCV4 and HC yesterday. Very impressive, girl!

Wendy, hope you had a great day today.

Happy Hump Day! BBL!

Last edited:
Today was Leg day and I did Meso 3, Disc 39, Squat Rack Legs. Had a really good workout. I love the squat rack workouts. The rest period is a little long - 2 1/2 minutes and at some points I skipped some of the rest time. Just seemed way too long. But other then that, I love this workout because of the low reps.

Squats
65#/10 reps (warmup)
70#/10 reps (warmup)
95#/6 reps
100#/6 reps
100#/6 reps
100#/6 reps

Elevated SLDL's
90#/6 reps
90#/6 reps
90#/6 reps
90#/6 reps

Leg Press Station
180#/6 reps
190#/6 reps
190#/6 reps
190#/6 reps
***Was suppose to be front squats, but I hate that exercise.

Front Static Lunges
75#/6 reps
85#/6 reps
85#/6 reps
85#/6 reps

Legs were worked by the end. Had fun with this one! :cool:

Good Morning!!

It's finally supposed to clear today, and then the weather for the rest of the week is going to be GORGEOUS, sunny and 70's!!!

I'm thinking of taking at least today as another stretch day. Maybe do 2 of SM segments or TBS. Or maybe a yoga! I have a bunch to choose from. I know I'm not going to be able to control myself to go for a run tomorrow!! The rest of the week will be hard for runs, since the boys will be home Friday and Saturday. ANd of course, getting ready for Easter dinner here on Sunday.

It's kind of nice not to HAVE to fit in my workout. I know I'd never give it up, but 1-1 and 1/2 hours of a workout really makes my day busier! I feel so much more laid back not "having" to do it.

Belinda: Your STS went by so quickly!!! (for me anyways!) Congrats on your last week! ... I never lost 20-40 lbs either. I did build noticable muscle definition in my upper body though. The crappy thing is, though, that it diminished over the following few months when I stopped STS. But I still have definition, just not like while doing STS. .... Yesterday ended up working out perfectly with my son. I talked to my sister, and she was so helpful. I came up with a great plan to talk to Zach. He was very receptive and really didn't NOT believe in God, I think he was just testing. After our talk, he asked if we could say a blessing at dinner. In someway I think God was helping ME restore MY faith by having that happen.

Are you having an easter celebration this weekend?

Debbie: Nice job today!!! the amounts of your weights blow me AWAY!!

Nora: Another great workout yesterday! What did you think of the High Step Challenge? Different than anything you've done recently, right? I have to say, those leg presses get to me after a while though!.... At least the nurse at my physical didn't say how much I gained from last year. I know it was BETWEEN 5-10 lbs, but not knowing helps me be less depressed!!

Roxie: That walk yesterday at the park sounded wonderful!!! That weather is coming our way soon! can't wait!

Heather: Awesome job with the weights! I know how you feel about having to take advantage of running. TOTALLY get it!!!

Good morning. DH set his freaking phone alarm for swim and let it keep going off and then never went. GRRR. So I was wide awake. I decided to do the 1st 3 combos from LIC cardio premix and abs. DH and I were planning to do some hill repeats at lunch. We'll see how that goes. I need to build up some major endurance and speed again if I'm planning on doing any sort of races. The next one I want to do is May 7. I'm obviously super competitive and in it to win it!

Belinda
- I really can't believe you're almost done with STS! Wow.

Debbie - freaking awesome with your weights. I'm impressed!

Chris - Enjoy your stretch day. I totally know what you mean about feeling like you have so much free time on days when you don't have your workout. I usually am at a loss as to what to do with that time LOL.

Jessica - Good luck this eve!!

Nora - girl, I do not know how you do it, but you burn some major calories!!

Wendy - hope you're doing well!

Roxie - hope the walk was fun last night. It's rather windy here today.

Debbie - here's a question for you regarding the Total Body Training rotation. What do you think about switching it up to where there would be an ABC type of training:

A - Total body with extra legs (e.g., step ups, squats, deadlifts) and those are the lower reps

B - Upper only this is the slightly higher rep day

C - Total body with extra legs and this is the higher rep day so legs could be static lunges, squats, plie squats, calves.

Doing this but following the plan we had set up. If that makes any sense at all.

Good Morning,

Tonite I am going for another walk around the park this time I hope to make 2 miles but that will depend on how tired I am, put mom on the train at 5 am but had to leave home at 3:30. I also still need to do some ab work.

Belinda-congrats on completing STS, I think those that lost alot of wt. really cleaned up their diets. I walked a mile last night.

Debbie-awesome job on the leg work.

Heather-the wind is gusting to 30 here again today but in Kansas we expect that suppose to be in the 80's today.

Chris-enjoy your stretch and glad to hear things worked out for your son, since my daughter lost her job she is a non-believer right at the minute.

Hallo girls,

I just finished M3 D40:eek:

Warm up:
Squats 55#/2 sets/10 reps

Workout:
Squats 90#/4 sets/8 reps
Leg curls 50#/ 4 sets/8 reps
Front Squats 60#/4 sets/8 reps
Static lunge 90#/4 sets/ 8 reps

One more disc and I am done with STS:( It went by so fast!

Holy Crap, Debbie! Nice weights, girl!

Chris, glad you had a talk with your son! Now can you talk to mine, lol? DH and I will go to Brunch on Sunday. Nothing special planed! He is coming home Friday, I guess I need to start STS again, so I don't lose all my strength:eek:

Heather, have fun with LIC today. Haven't done that one in so long.

I will be back!

I will be back later!

Good morning,

I can't believe to today is my last STS leg workout:(:confused: I had a hard time Monday going down from 90% last week to 85 % this week. I guess I have to trust the program, rigth? What results did you get with STS? I see more muscles in my UB/LB, I much stronger than I was in Jan.;) Not sure how people lost 20/40 lb on STS? I sure didn't.:confused::rolleyes:

Heather, hope you well rested today. Nice weights on your bi/tri wo. Glad you got your run in, hope you feel better. Enjoy your Easter with your family.

Debbie, maybe you need to shake it up with biking or walking/hiking? I am glad you like your rotation, can't wait to start. I will sub the cardio for running/spinning.

Roxie, hope you had fun with your mom last night. How far did you walk?

Chris, sorry you having such a rough time lately. Sorry about your son, they will do crazy things/stuff. Sounds like you have a nice Easter planed.I can't believe the nurse announce your weight? What's wrong with her? The scale wasn't my friend since January, it's finally moving down again. Your will too.

Jessica, I checked out your blog, very impressive! Congrats to you! Very cool, girl! Good luck today!

Nora, fantastic job, with CCV4 and HC yesterday. Very impressive, girl!

Wendy, hope you had a great day today.

Happy Hump Day! BBL!

Thank you!!! So glad you liked the blog, too :)

I'll be back later with personals later on ladies, trying to get this work day DONE so I can focus on Kick tonight. Eek!! I'll report back for sure. :)

Nora - Aw, you are so sweet!! Sometimes I just want to hug you. Good idea on maybe incorporating some circuit type workouts. That may help me get over this cardio hump. I'll see what I can come up with on my next rotation. Nice workout yesterday, you killed it girl!!

Belinda - Wow, last day on STS. Where did the time go. I can't believe you are done already. I'm glad you were able to get through it with no back problems this time! Nice job on the legs today!

Chris - I keep meaning to ask you, are you on a rest week? I've missed a lot the past few days and I'm not sure why you're only stretching. But that's so good for you and I'm glad you are taking a break. Your life sounds incredibly busy.

Heather - LOL on your dh and his alarm clock. I'm always the first one out of bed in the mornings so my dh has to endure my alarm clock. And I usually hit the snooze about 4 times before I get up. LOL!!

Roxie - It's hot where you are now? I hope it gets hot here. I'm hoping to ride my motorcycle to work tomorrow! :cool: The walk in the park sounds very nice. I wish I had someone to walk with me, we have some nice parks near where I live.

Jessica - Good luck tonight!

Debbie - I could just choke him when he does that. If I could fall back to sleep easily, it'd be different. Did you see my post about the ABC workout? I forgot to bold your name....

Nora - Aw, you are so sweet!! Sometimes I just want to hug you. Good idea on maybe incorporating some circuit type workouts. That may help me get over this cardio hump. I'll see what I can come up with on my next rotation. Nice workout yesterday, you killed it girl!!

Belinda - Wow, last day on STS. Where did the time go. I can't believe you are done already. I'm glad you were able to get through it with no back problems this time! Nice job on the legs today!

Chris - I keep meaning to ask you, are you on a rest week? I've missed a lot the past few days and I'm not sure why you're only stretching. But that's so good for you and I'm glad you are taking a break. Your life sounds incredibly busy.

Heather - LOL on your dh and his alarm clock. I'm always the first one out of bed in the mornings so my dh has to endure my alarm clock. And I usually hit the snooze about 4 times before I get up. LOL!!

Roxie - It's hot where you are now? I hope it gets hot here. I'm hoping to ride my motorcycle to work tomorrow! :cool: The walk in the park sounds very nice. I wish I had someone to walk with me, we have some nice parks near where I live.

Jessica - Good luck tonight!

DH and I went home and did hill repeats at lunch. My legs are officially fried! We ran for 10 mins to warm up then ran up a hill as fast as possible for 20 seconds then back down and walked 1:10, then repeat. We did this 8 times then ran another 5+ mins as a cool down and to run some of the leg kinks out.

The weather is so pretty right now, windy, but pretty.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Debbie - here's a question for you regarding the Total Body Training rotation. What do you think about switching it up to where there would be an ABC type of training:

A - Total body with extra legs (e.g., step ups, squats, deadlifts) and those are the lower reps

B - Upper only this is the slightly higher rep day

C - Total body with extra legs and this is the higher rep day so legs could be static lunges, squats, plie squats, calves.

Doing this but following the plan we had set up. If that makes any sense at all.

I think you posted this while I was posting my responses. LOL!

So you want to keep legs in the rotation we did, just do more exercises twice a week for legs only? I think this would work but there were weeks where the reps were low for all three days, wasn't there? And then you have to keep in mind the superset weeks, which isn't hard to do.

I say try it, it can't hurt. I do believe legs need to be worked more then what we were working them, though.

Posting at the same time is very likely. If you don't mind, I can send you what I've put together. Basically I went from legs 3 days to legs 2 days, but on those 2 days I do more leg work. I was thinking on the non-leg day, I could do plyo drills as an endurance workout rather than a weighted workout.

My thinking is that working legs a lot harder 2 days is better than working them just so-so 3 days.

I think you posted this while I was posting my responses. LOL!

So you want to keep legs in the rotation we did, just do more exercises twice a week for legs only? I think this would work but there were weeks where the reps were low for all three days, wasn't there? And then you have to keep in mind the superset weeks, which isn't hard to do.

I say try it, it can't hurt. I do believe legs need to be worked more then what we were working them, though.

DH and I went home and did hill repeats at lunch. My legs are officially fried! We ran for 10 mins to warm up then ran up a hill as fast as possible for 20 seconds then back down and walked 1:10, then repeat. We did this 8 times then ran another 5+ mins as a cool down and to run some of the leg kinks out.

The weather is so pretty right now, windy, but pretty.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

SO jealous!! Sounds intense but awesome!! I haven't done hill repeats in AGES!! And wish that weather was here, its still rainy and dreary BUT at least the weekend is supposed to be amazing :)

Jessica - it was definitely a workout for sure. But I love doing things like that. Makes me feel strong! The rain you guys are having sounds like our October. We had rain every single day but maybe 3. Seriously. It was horrible. Hope it turns around soon!

SO jealous!! Sounds intense but awesome!! I haven't done hill repeats in AGES!! And wish that weather was here, its still rainy and dreary BUT at least the weekend is supposed to be amazing :)

Posting at the same time is very likely. If you don't mind, I can send you what I've put together. Basically I went from legs 3 days to legs 2 days, but on those 2 days I do more leg work. I was thinking on the non-leg day, I could do plyo drills as an endurance workout rather than a weighted workout.

My thinking is that working legs a lot harder 2 days is better than working them just so-so 3 days.

Sure, just email it to me. I'll look it over.

Hi girls:)

I'm stopping by to check in now and I'll be back later for personals;)

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: MMA Boxing- Heavy Bag Bonus Only= 20 Min
Calories burned= 205

HiiT 40/20= 30 Min
Calories burned= 388

Core Max-Segment#1 No Equimemt Abs= 20 Min
Calories burned= 137

Total calories burned from today's workout= 730;)

I'll be back later to do personals. I need to shower and get ready to pick up my youngest from school and then come home and take the puppy out to do his business and then go to my oldest son's HS track meet. Seeya later girls have a great day.;):)

Hugs!;)

Nora

Hi girls;)

I'm back for personals.

Debbie- Wow, girl that's some impressive weights you lifted. I haven't done the squat rack weights Disc #39 from Meso 3 STS. It sounds great though, I don't have a squat rack so I don't think it would be safe to go that heavy without a spoter for me. I did get the 10lb weighted vest so I could wear that for a 10lb increase boost. I like the idea of low reps with heavy weights too. Great job on today's workout. I hope you didn't mind my suggestion of doing a circuit style workout to incorporate cardio so that it would mix things up a bit and make cardio less of a pain because of how circuit is mixed up to give you a rest while lifting weights. I know with circuit workouts its not heavy weights because of the pace but maybe you'd enjoy that change of pace with cardio and still have your weight work days as well. I hope that is helpful idea for you to consider.

Chris- Lucky you to have such nice spring days currently. I agree it does sound like excellent weather for running or even a walk. I'd be tempted too;)
I have Stretch Max and a bunch of yoga dvds too, but I found that since STS if I do a heavy weight rotation I really enjoy doing stretch max to help loosen up the muscles. I'm glad its in my exercise dvd collection.

Roxie- Have a nice walk if you had the chance to do it and weren't too tired. Wow! That does make for a long and tiring drive. Have a great relaxing evening;)

Belinda- You're a rock star! That's an awesome workout, bravo girl!;):eek::cool:

Jessica- Its so cool that your working on being a certified trainer. My hats off to you. Good luck with everything. Hope you had a great workout today!

Heather-I totally agree I hate when my hubby sets his alarm and keeps hitting snooze when it does go off. I can never really get back to sleep after that. Hang in there! ;)

Wendy- *Hello's and waves* I hope you had a great workout and a great day. Here it seemed to threaten to rain and was super cloudy and rainy. My oldest son was in his high school track meet today. He did really well running the 1500 meters and the 3K, and even had a PR! :eek::cool:

Ok, ladies that's it for me tonight have a great evening and I'll seeya all at tomorrow's check in. ;)

Hugs!:);)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.