"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for March 30"

Hi Belinda! Good advice! I am doing well with food lately, which can be my challenge. I keep reminding myself that if I'm doing all this STS work that I want it to pay off!

I did STS disc #4- we are repeating week 2 as well. I just feel like I get a much more efficient workout the second time through. I was hanging pretty well but the last quarter of the workout I kept thinking, are we done yet? I am noticing that I feel stronger in the pushups- my alignment is better I think. Since it my second time through on this week of STS, I am mixing up abs and cardio from the schedule. I did C&W abs (my favorite) instead of STS abs. I burned 522 calories. My GoWearFit thing should be here this week so I can't wait to see how much that affects my eating / moving.

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Week #3 of Tabata Training. Really enjoying this. I worked Chest and then did some cardio.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets/20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Pushups: 8 sets/13-12 reps varied
***These fry me every time. Had to go down to my knees on the last couple sets.

Incline Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Probably can go higher with these, but last two sets were burning.

Dumbbell Press:
22's - 8 sets/10-9 reps (up 1#)
***Good weight for this.

Dumbbell Flyes:
16's - 8 sets/10 reps
***Probably could go higher next time.

CARDIO
Steady state jog for about 20 minutes.

HR Stats:
1 hr. 3 minutes total workout
3 minutes below zone
41 minutes in zone
18 minute above zone
468 calories burned
:eek:

I jogged about 1.35 miles.

That is all....

Good morning ladies. I did Disc 16 this morning and loved those back off sets. I did have a hard time with my chest presses though. My rack seems to get in my way and it's connected to the bench so there isn't much that I can do about it. I guess I need to move further down on the bench.

Belinda and Patti-I think I'm going to do the 6 month rotation the next time that I do STS so I'm always happy to read that you feel like you get an even better workout the second time around. I'm hoping to do that when the STS cardio comes out.

Debbie-great workout as always. And hey you may be 43, BUT I'm sure that you are doing workouts that alot of 23 year olds couldn't do so you should be proud of that fact. I didn't start working out until I was 45!!!

Have a great day,
Bev

Good morning everyone!

I've got a vacation day today so I slept in a little while longer. :) I just finished disc 16 of STS. (chest, tris, shoulders) I have to say I was having some issues getting that 50# barbell up when we did the second round of drop sets. To be safe I probably should get one of those barbell rack things. We will see... Anyway - I'm fried.

We got alot of the ceiling taken care of yesterday afternoon in the basement. We have all of the trim work to do yet, electrical, muding of the drywall, painting, mirrors, and all of those little details. It's really coming together now though. :) Finally... Maybe I'll be back down there by the third cycle of STS.

Good Evening Ladies!:)

I'm just checking in. Congrats on all the great workouts done today, Bravo and on a Monday to boot!:D Debbie, 43 is not old! Anyone that can do your workouts is not old, not mention you don't look anywhere near that age. See, there's a big perk with working out, not only do you feel better but it will make you look younger to. Its a fountain of youth, but that will just be our little secret;) I like the number 43 Debbie, it rocks. My birthday is in May and I'll be 44. Its just a number its not the age I look though.

Today's workout:

CCV3= 45 min
Calories burned= 553
Distance= 3.45 miles
Warm-up & 1st Steady State= 8 min approx. BPM 117-126= 65%-70% of MHR
Challenge 1 - 6 min. BPM= 135-144= 75% beginning finishing at 80% of MHR.
Challenge 2 - 10 min. BPM= 144-152= 80% to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 -3 min. BPM= 130 = a little above 70% of MHR.
Challenge 2- 10 min. BPM= 144-153 = 80% up to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 - 3min. BPM= 129 = 70% of MHR
Challenge 3- 3 min. BPM=156-159= 85% + approaching not reaching 90%.
Ending Steady -4:30 I chose to jog at a medium intensity to challenge myself. BPM= 150 = 80% + of MHR
Steady State 3 - 5 min. I continued my jog to up my mileage and calorie burn for 3 more min @150 BPM. Remaining 2 min I walked at a brisk pace as my heart rate decreased to a cool down pace.
Stretch- 5:30 min

REST

STS- Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's Disc 16= 64 min
Calories burned= 524

I loved this one. The back off sets felt really weird like the final set my arms felt like they were floating, no effort at all. I did notice that I felt like I could have lifted heavier but I was afraid that I might overdo so I stuck with the weights the workout card had calculated for me. I feel good after this workout, I'm not experiencing any DOMS but then again I've noticed with Hypertrophy that you can feel it the next day even if you feel fine the day you do it. Its sneaky!:p All in all this was a fun new surprise to start the week off with.

4DS-Split Cardio & Wts- Just Kickbox Abs only= 10 min
Calories burned= 55 min.

It was a great workout day for me, but very tiring probably needed more sleep. Oh well;)

See ya all at tomorrow's check-in have a relaxing evening.:)

Hugs!

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.