Crazy strong and loving it for March 30, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I will do cardio, not sure what yet?

Holy Crap, Nora!:eek: That cal burn is amazing, girl! How are you feeling?

Debbie, nice going with your workout today. Can't wait to start this rotation. I think I will switch the days, there is a free spin class I would like to take.

Nora, nice job with your walk. When are you starting going to the gym?

Chirs, (((HUGS)))sorry to hear that your weekend was so stressful. :confused: Good luck today!

Wendy, glad you had a blast at the RT. I agree, Cahte is a genuinely lovely person. Can't wait to hear more about your weekend;) Welcome back!

Heather, glad you enjoyed your run! It's pouring and cold here. I am wearing my winter coat again, WTH?

Jessica, awesome job with your with your 6 miler, girl!

What plans do you girls have for Easter?

My best to all! BBL!

Morning,

I ended up doing SB + Ab Hits " All Step/PH abs" 15.5 min. That's it for me today.

BBL for personals!

Hi ladies. Slept like crud last night so opted out of A.M. workout. I may take today as a rest day. I have some serious DOMS going on from top to bottom. It's not my regular rest day though so I'm a bit anxious about taking today off. But, I am off work on Friday so I have plenty of time then. Stupid brain...Oh and I am still not sure what weights to be doing. Would like to do another (maybe) 3 full-body workout rotation similar to the one Debbie and I did. But I really don't know that I want to do legs 3 times a week. Looking for some hypertrophy still. Thoughts, ideas???

Anyway:

Belinda - good job with your workout today. Easter plans are just going to be going to my sister's house and having lunch with the family.

Chris - hope you're having a better day today!

Nora - wow - that's all - wow

Roxie - I can imagine that everyone was out in full force trying to enjoy the weather!

Debbie - how are you today? Still congested?

Jessica - what's your poison for the day?

Wendy - hope you're doing well!!

Today was cardio (oh joy) and I chose Amy's Kickbox Surge. I did all the combos, no surges, plus the ab work. Had an ok workout. I hate cardio. It's not even fun for me anymore.

HR STATS:
1 hr. total
3 minutes below zone
16 minutes in zone
42 minutes above zone
481 calories burned

The highes my HR got was 148 bpm and that was with the ab section. I don't find the kickboxing section all that challenging and my HR never gets up real high with it. I probably should have done the surges but just didn't want to.

Good Morning,

Going for a walk again tonite and hopefully get some ab work done. Oldest DD and her DH are coming over to do a fish fry for my moms last night here. The wind is gusting to 30mph but the temps are suppose to be in the 70's so alot of people should be out again tonite. The gym has 3 personal trainers on staff and you can get 11 1 hour sessions for $26.00, and 2 of the trainers sound very good but I can't decide if I want one that does endurance cardiovascular training, or one that does free wts. and toning what do you guys suggest?

Heather-enjoy your rest day.

Debbie-sounds like you need a shake up in your cardio.

Belinda-I think you were asking me about the gym and I can start going on Thursday our membership starts the 1st. of April.

Roxie - I guess it depends on your goals. Are you looking to tone up? Or do you think you need new cardio and you plan to work weights on your own?

Good Morning,

Going for a walk again tonite and hopefully get some ab work done. Oldest DD and her DH are coming over to do a fish fry for my moms last night here. The wind is gusting to 30mph but the temps are suppose to be in the 70's so alot of people should be out again tonite. The gym has 3 personal trainers on staff and you can get 11 1 hour sessions for $26.00, and 2 of the trainers sound very good but I can't decide if I want one that does endurance cardiovascular training, or one that does free wts. and toning what do you guys suggest?

Heather-enjoy your rest day.

Debbie-sounds like you need a shake up in your cardio.

Belinda-I think you were asking me about the gym and I can start going on Thursday our membership starts the 1st. of April.

Roxie - I guess it depends on your goals. Are you looking to tone up? Or do you think you need new cardio and you plan to work weights on your own?

Heather-I think I can manage the cardio on my own but I would like guidance on form technique plus someone to push me to lift heavier.

Hey Girls...

had my physical this morning. And I read your post from last night, Jessica, I didn't look down at the scale, but the damn nurse ANNOUNCD what it said. I guess it wasn't a surprise. And I do know why. My metabolism isn't what it used to be (not that it ever was up there) and I eat like crap on the weekends. But still kind of annoying and frustrating, ya know?

Belinda: SB is a good sweaty fun workout! Nice job on all those abs!!... Today is still kind of icky for me. POURING out, and my 14 yr old son this morning announced he doesn't believe in God anymore, and threw his Bible under the table. *sigh*. All during holy week and Easter coming on Sunday, too. We're having Easter dinner here on Sunday. I have Sat night off from work! YAY! We color eggs on Saturday afternoon and my mom sleeps over. It's going to be nice to get some family time!

Heather: I truly think you need that sleep in the morning. You sure work out hard!!! How is Debbie's Leg rotation she's doing now? Maybe you could finagle it to get in 3 full body workouts, plus the legs.

Debbie: SOrry your cardio workout wasn't the best. Maybe you need ones that do get your HR up there to make you feel like you enjoy it more? I know you always say you surprisingly enjoy Cathe's older step workouts when you do them.

Roxie: Enjoy the last day with your mom and family! Same advice to you as Heather. Depending what your goals are.

Nora: You sure did a workout yesterday!! OH MY!!!! How are you feeling?

Wendy: "Talked" to Beth about the RT .. SOunds like you guys got to talk for a bit! So glad you did!!!

I'm going to take another stretch day. I'm goimg to go do Michelle LeMay's Stretch Fusion. I remember that one feeling REALLY good on my hips!

Hi ladies! A little late checking in today, finally getting a break over lunch (really delish salad with roasted veggies and hard boiled egg, mm!) and thought I'd say hi!

Let's see...what's my poison today, Heather? Well, it's turning out to be a VERY heavy Kick week for me. Not only am I getting ready for my video assessment on Thursday AM but I'm also realizing that I need to start learning the next release (10 new tracks, ack!) for the spring launch which my fitness director said will happen the week of April 17. OMG I might die. So yeah, I'm doing a TON of Kick this week, which is leaving me less room for other cardio during the week and little weight work which bums me out, but I have to choose my battles sometimes right? So today I did the entire new Kick release at home which was good - I at least feel better realizing that the choregraphy is a little bit easier to learn this time around, so we'll see. ;)

Anyway, some personals...
Nora - you are amazing, QUITE a calorie burn!! What do you eat to keep up??
Belinda - def try that spin class if you can, they are the best!
Debbie - hating cardio lately huh? Or do you just hate it in general? I used to be a cardio freak for years before realizing that weight training was such an integral part to fitness. I used to think if I didn't sweat like I did during a cardio workout, I wasn't *really* working out. Silly huh??
Roxie - I think you should try the trainer that will help you lift heavier since it seems you got the cardio piece on your own
Heather - take the rest day! Friday will be a nice treat since you can still sleep in AND get your workout in since you're off. :)
Chris - Gah! So annoying that the nurse had to announce your weight. Guess my trick wasn't so useful afterall huh? Try not to stress about the number...as hard as that is. Hang in there! (PS its POURING here too, we broke the record for rainiest month EVER)

Belinda - Nice going with Step Blast! Love that workout. I'm liking this rotation so far and think I'll end up doing another 4 weeks.

Heather - You could always do what we did, but instead of having legs on three days, do a dedicated leg day. I did that once and it worked out well. So I did three full body (upper only), one leg day and two cardio days. I do think upper body has better results doing the three day and legs doing it all on one day. Not sure why.

Roxie - Wish I could shake up my cardio. I hate cardio and nothing appeals to me anymore in that department. And yep, you answered your own question. If you want to get stronger, you need to lift heavier. Go with the weight lifting program.

Chris - How frustrating about the nurse announcing your weight. :mad: I hate when they do that. I'm right there with you with the metabolism thing and bad eating on weekends. Really need to get in control of myself. It's so hard, though. I can't tell you how sick to death of chicken I am! Not sure whats up with me and cardio right now. I just can't stand to do it. :( Enjoy your strech!

Jessica - Are you making a workout video or something? I'm sorry, I haven't kept up in here lately. Just been too damn busy. I use to be a cardio junkie too. Now I hate it. If I could lift every single day, that's what I'd do. But I know cardio is important for the heart, and heart disease is in my family, so I have to do it. I am trying to figure out something I could do outside in the summer. Maybe roller blading? Not sure. I'm sick of all my cardio workouts.

Belinda - Nice going with Step Blast! Love that workout. I'm liking this rotation so far and think I'll end up doing another 4 weeks.

Heather - You could always do what we did, but instead of having legs on three days, do a dedicated leg day. I did that once and it worked out well. So I did three full body (upper only), one leg day and two cardio days. I do think upper body has better results doing the three day and legs doing it all on one day. Not sure why.

Roxie - Wish I could shake up my cardio. I hate cardio and nothing appeals to me anymore in that department. And yep, you answered your own question. If you want to get stronger, you need to lift heavier. Go with the weight lifting program.

Chris - How frustrating about the nurse announcing your weight. :mad: I hate when they do that. I'm right there with you with the metabolism thing and bad eating on weekends. Really need to get in control of myself. It's so hard, though. I can't tell you how sick to death of chicken I am! Not sure whats up with me and cardio right now. I just can't stand to do it. :( Enjoy your strech!

Jessica - Are you making a workout video or something? I'm sorry, I haven't kept up in here lately. Just been too damn busy. I use to be a cardio junkie too. Now I hate it. If I could lift every single day, that's what I'd do. But I know cardio is important for the heart, and heart disease is in my family, so I have to do it. I am trying to figure out something I could do outside in the summer. Maybe roller blading? Not sure. I'm sick of all my cardio workouts.

Ha, that's ok. I probably never really spelled out here what I'm doing. Heather knows about it from my blog. I'm training to be a Group Kick instructor. It's part of BTS' programs (they do a bunch - Group Ride, Group Power, etc. this is the website if you're curious: http://www.bodytrainingsystems.com/bts_programs.htm) They have a few of the programs at my gym (Ride and Power, and just introduced Kick) and I finally took the plunge to get certified (a secret dream of mine!). So I've been training and teaching since December and am finally taping my video assessment - basically I need to film myself teaching in a live class setting and send it to BTS to be assessed - basically on a pass/fail grading system. If I pass, I can keep teaching. If I fail, I can re-tape and try again but I'm hoping that does NOT happen. I just want to pass so I can move on, and start teaching a dedicated class at my gym (right now we're all rotating, basically). Thank you for asking!!

Ha, that's ok. I probably never really spelled out here what I'm doing. Heather knows about it from my blog. I'm training to be a Group Kick instructor. It's part of BTS' programs (they do a bunch - Group Ride, Group Power, etc. this is the website if you're curious: http://www.bodytrainingsystems.com/bts_programs.htm) They have a few of the programs at my gym (Ride and Power, and just introduced Kick) and I finally took the plunge to get certified (a secret dream of mine!). So I've been training and teaching since December and am finally taping my video assessment - basically I need to film myself teaching in a live class setting and send it to BTS to be assessed - basically on a pass/fail grading system. If I pass, I can keep teaching. If I fail, I can re-tape and try again but I'm hoping that does NOT happen. I just want to pass so I can move on, and start teaching a dedicated class at my gym (right now we're all rotating, basically). Thank you for asking!!

WOW! That is so cool and congrats to you!!! I'm sure you will pass with flying colors! Very impressive!

Ok, so I suck. DH and I ran at lunch. I just could not pass up the opportunity. I feel like gorgeous days are a gift right about now.

Debbie - I really saw major gains in upper, but lower not so much with that rotation. Maybe legs just aren't meant to be worked separately or I just wasn't lifting heavy enough? Not sure.

Jessica - I know you're going to do just fine Thurs morning. And at least you recognize you can't do it ALL. You can get right back to weights next week. As crazy as it may seem (pot kettle of course) your muscles won't atrophy over night.

Chris - enjoy your stretch and don't beat yourself up over eats. It's not worth it and will only get you down. Each day is a new day is what I always remind myself. Hopefully you can get out and run off all the negatives tomorrow??!!

Good reminder, Heather. So true.

And ACK I'm now taping TOMORROW night and am sorta freaking out! I don't know why! It's only the matter of a 12 hour difference really but I'm WAY nervous suddenly.

Jessica - try to find the positive aspects to it being tomorrow.

Good reminder, Heather. So true.

And ACK I'm now taping TOMORROW night and am sorta freaking out! I don't know why! It's only the matter of a 12 hour difference really but I'm WAY nervous suddenly.

Good Evening,

I went for a walk in the park tonite it was windy and hot never thought I would say that.

Stats:
19 min
16 in the zone
136 min hr
154 max hr
119 cals burned.

I completely forgot to post that yesterday I did do bis/tris after work:

using drop sets: 12, 10, 8, 6.

DB curls - 17's (up .5#)
Hammer curls - 15.5's (up .5#)
Incline curls (on ball) - 14 ((up .5#)
Lying DB extensions - 11's (up 1#)
Kickbacks - 11's (up 1#)
Overhead extension - 18 (up 3#)

Hi girls~:)

I hope everyone is doing great this Tuesday~

Here's today's workout for me:

Cardio Coach Volume 4 My short Mix= 25 Min
Distance= 2.0 miles
Calories burned= 314
Warm up 4:49= 131 BPM 73%MHR
Challenge 1 8:14= 139,143,149= 78% to 83% MHR.
S/S1 2:49= 146 82% MHR
Cool down 3:09 = 134 75% MHR
Stretch 6:17

High Step Challenge= 68 Min
Calories burned= 650

Total calories burned= 964;)

Thanks for all the compliments on my calorie burn for yesterday.:)

Belinda- Great job with SB and Ab Hits workout! Those are some fun workouts!;);)

Heather- sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I hope you sleep great tonight;) It sounds like a good idea to take off today as your workout rest day. You need to get your rest. Take care!

Debbie- Sorry, that you feel that you aren't liking cardio anymore. I think its likely more of a case of burnout, maybe? I really like Amy's Kickbox Surge and love the premixes. Maybe try a circuit style workout, would be more to your liking these days. Nothing wrong with circuit workouts, I like them they definitely break up the monotony and give you a bit of everything and are time efficient. I don't find circuit workouts to be boring at all. The weight sections give ya a chance to catch your breathe before the cardio cycle comes around agai. Just a thought anyways, I know you are awesome whatever workout you do. Just have fun and mix it up!;)

Roxie- I hope you enjoy your walk and ab work today. Ooh, a fish fry sounds awesome, I love fish. Have great time at your mom's farewell dinner.;)

Chris- Ok, I think its evil of that nurse to say the number out loud, shame on her. I don't weigh myself I try not to since me and scales have never been friends or on speaking terms LOL! I do go by how my clothes are fitting me. I hate scales, pictures of me, and dressing room mirrors, they're all evil its a conspiracy I tell you to destroy one's self esteem and mine has taken more than its share of hits. I'm mad at the nurse you had to say that number out loud.

Jessica- Wow, your a busy lady lately. It sounds like some fun workouts thought that your doing. I love Kickboxing type workouts and have been doing them since Tae Bo. Hang in there Jessica and take it easy and just relax in your down time.;) That is so cool that your going through the process of becoming a certified trainer, Bravo and best of luck to you!

Wendy- Hi I hope your having a great workout today and enjoying the famous Oregon liquid sunshine. I had to make a Twilght joke the other day that its like living in Forks! LOL!!! Take care!:)

Have a great evening ladies!;)

Hugs!;):cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.