"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for March 27 "

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I will do disc 9 (legs) later today:D

I am doing lots of English to German translations for DD:rolleyes: My head is hurting :rolleyes::p

I will catch up with persoanls!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Happy Friday girls. I just got done doing STS disc 15 and all I can say is ouch. I normally love deadlifts but today my fingers were getting tired of holding that barbell by the end! I pretty much sucked on the preacher curls on the stability ball but I think it's because I just can't seem to get my legs in the right place. LOVE those 1 minute rests in between sets.

Belinda-I hope your head stops hurting! lol

Debbie-did you get everything fixed at work yesterday?

Patti-I love pizza too but I make my own with flatouts at least once a week so I don't miss regular pizza like I do bagels. It's hard to fake a bagel.

Chris-how was your outdoor run yesterday?

Karen-don't you just love Step Blast? That's one of my faves. I see tomorrow is Step, Jump and pump which I have never done before.

Nora-your workouts just amaze me! You have tons of energy girl.

Wendy-way to go on the hotel workout. I tend to slack off when I'm traveling.

Have a good day everyone.

Bev

Happy Birthday Debbie

Debbie- I see that it's your birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! And thanks again for all your help on this forum. You rock girl. I'll be raising my bagel in your honor tomorrow! lol

I sure hope you are going to splurge on some chocolate cake.

Bev

Morning! I did STS disc #6 (Legs) today and Pilates based abs- good workout. I already feel it in my butt which is great. I think those paper plate lunges really get in there. I really enjoyed the Pilates abs- I almost got certified in Pilates mat at one time so it was nice to do a little of it today. It's been a while. I burned 597 calories.

Bev: Enjoy that bagel tomorrow! You're right, I do fake pizza sometimes with pitas and FF cheese. You'll like SP&J- fun hi/lo, which usually isn't my favorite.

Nora: WOW what a cardio day you had- I'm amazed! I think I would have to stop and get some calories in the middle of that marathon. :)

Chris: I hope you liked CC- I am looking forward to getting out for a few jogs with them as our weather improves. I am a fair weather jogger and a slow one at that! :p

Wendy: Oh that sounds fun! I have my new Oxygen mag upstairs by the bed, but I keep falling asleep instead of reading it! That sounds like a fun workout- I'll have to keep it in mind.

Hi Belinda and happy birthday to Debbie!

Have a great day everyone!

Well, I had a Puke Status workout this morning. And actually, I did get to a point where I thought I was going to hurl. This was a great workout! I worked Legs and changed it a lot from last week. I couldn't get my HR up last week with this workout so this week I did something different.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise.

2 minutes rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Squats:
15's - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Last week I did this with the barbell on my back. It killed my neck so this week I held light dumbbells and when it was time to rest I kept myself in the down position of the squat. OMG, talk about a burn. HR really got up there.

Leg Press Station:
150# - 8 sets/10-8 reps (up 75#)
***Last week only used 75# and my HR was in my rest zone. Today it stayed around 124-130 with this one.

Plie Squats:
25# - 6 sets/10-9 reps; 2 sets BW - 11-10 reps
***Added this exercise in. Wow, but set 6 my inner thighs were burning. Had to drop the weight and just use my BW for the last two reps. Again, at rest I held the down position.

Leg Extensions:
45# - 8 sets/14-12 reps
***Will go higher next week.

Hamstring Curls:
25# - 8 stes/11-9 reps
***With this one I held my curls in the middle of the contraction at rest. These killed!!!

Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-16 reps
***Last week I did these on the Leg Press Station and I felt it everywhere but my calves. This made a big difference. Alternated toes forward, in and out. Even with this exercise my HR was in the 120's.

HR Stats:
52 minutes
2 minutes below zone
41 minutes in zone
9 minutes above zone
402 calories burned!
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

That is all....

Good song to download for cardio or just to get fired up is "Run Run Away" by Slade. Kind of an 80's based tune but it's so fun!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I can't believe I'm 43. Doesn't seem right.

Bev - No, problems at work are still there. I can't really do anything until Tuesday due to billing on Monday. I just hope I can get the billing done ok.

Hey Everyone and:

balloons.gif

Happy Birthday, Debbie!!!!!!

I did do CC #1 at the park yesterday. Wow, what a different run i had. In fact, I don't think i've EVER run like that before in intervals. I truly felt like spitting after every interval, but was too embarassed to think someone would see me! LOL!!! I liked it, but I did miss my music , which motivates me differently and makes me feel like I'm flying. But I'm happy with CC and am looking forward to #5 and #7 !!

Today I did DISC 21, from Meso #2, Back & Biceps. The weights were challenging and a few of the bicep moves I failed on the second to last rep. I remember my bi's DOM'ing on me last week from this very workout and I have a feeling they will tomorrow.

Belinda: Hope you enjoy Disc 9! I miss the bonuses on the end from Meso 1

Bev: I definitely had to go down in weight for those Preacher curls too. Today it was bilat incline on the ball curls. I had to go down TWICE in weight to complete the reps!! But I must say, my arms are looking MUCH more defined so far, I'm looking foward to tank tops soon!!! :eek:

Patti: Yes! Disc 6 Legs! good workout! What was the bonus onthat one? I'm also a "fair weather" runner. I haven't gone for a run since Oct/Nov last year, and that wasn't very many, because I had broken my toe in Sept. ANyways, the weather is starting to "fair up" here. Today... 60!! THAT is awesome running weather, but I'm pooped today.

Plus I have a wicked pressure over one eye headache. Even the Neti Pot didnt' work, but I'm going to try it again...

gotta get outside for a bit too!!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Yeah, its Friday!!! I'm just checking in with today's workout. :)

Today's workout:

CCV4= 52 min
Calories burned=639
Warm up= 5min BPM= 88-132. Below 60% MHR into nearly 75%.
Challenge 1= 8 min approx. BPM 141-145=80% of MHR range.
Steady State 1= 3 min approx. bringing heart rate down to 130 bpm.
Challenge 2= approx. 8 min= 147-150 BPM= 85%+ not quite reaching 85%.
Steady State 2= Approx. 3 min. @ 128 BPM= not quite 75% of MHR
Challenge 3= 11 min @150-153 BPM and last sprint= 157 BPM= 85%+ MHR.
Steady State 3= 3 min @144 BPM= 80% of MHR jogging. Then 1 min at power walk to cool down HR 117 BPM= 65% of MHR
Stretch= Approx. 6 min.
Phew!

REST!

STS-Strength Disc 15 Back & Bi's = 54 min
Calories Burned= 442
This was tough but very doable and the longer rests helped with that. Okay, but the double arm dumbell preacher curls on the ball killed me at the end. The last few reps were extremely tough and shakey. I'm Loving STS!!:):eek:

Perfect Core= total 15 min
Advanced Abs= 5 min
Ab Sculpt= 5 min
Stronger Abs= 5 Min
Man, thosem worked my abs, but good. I could feel my abs working hard with STS strenght lifting to help stabilize. I love that, sort of a bonus ab workout.

Debbie, I didn't know its your birthday. Wow! Happy Birthday and I hope your having an awesome birthday!!

Belinda- Good luck with STS Disc 9 Legs. I love the Leg workouts, they are my faves.

Bev and Patti= All this talk about Pizza and bagels is making me hungry!:p Thanks Bev & Patti for the compliments on my workouts. I have to work hard to increase my strength and cardio to keep my muscles and nerves function going strong with MS. Its something I can do to help with all of that so I hang tough and do it. ;)

Chris= Congrats on your outdoor run with Cardio Coach, that's awesome! So, far I've only used it on the TM. Good for you!!:)

Karen= Step blast was one that I never really did that much and forgot about but I've been doing it lately and its soo much fun and a few places the choreography gets tricky. But I'm determined to get it 100%.

Wendy= Wow, that workout sounds great. No doubt from the sounds of it your 1 RM would be definitely heavier than mine. ;) You and Debbie definitely inspire with your phenomenal workouts.

Hugs to everyone and keep up the good work!:)

Nora

Checking in -

Well, I got on the computer last night and signed up for a subscription of Oxygen magazine. I think I want one for M&F Hers - I read through that today and thought it was great. I never could find the M&F with Bruce Lee on the front - I think I'm too late. But my friend told me her boyfriend might still have his copy and that I could have it - it's easy to be generous with other peoples' things, isn't it?!?
So I tried my own tabata workout. With Debbie's example I think I got it.

Squats 70# 8 sets/ 8-10 reps
Bulgarian Split Squats 40# 8 sets each leg/ 9-11 reps
Plie squats 35# 8 sets/ 9-11 reps
Calf raises 4"step 30# 8 sets/ 12-14 reps
Deadlift 50# 8 sets/ 6-8 reps

10 minutes on TM before and after
Came in at around 55 minutes and 350 calories.

Belinda - by this time you've probably already started tomorrow's check in, so Good Morning to you!

Have a great weekend, ladies. We're headed to Phoenix for Spring Break. Good times...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.