"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for March 24 "

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I am done with CCV 4!:p:p I can't believe I am done with my workout before 8 a.m, feels good!:D

Off to a nice stretch!

Have a great workout and day!

WTG Belinda!

I did Low Max this morning and burned 642 calories- it felt good. I probably need to do that one on a 8" step but maybe not. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Triceps and Biceps. Had another excellent workout. I am really enjoying this training. It's nice to go light with weights and still get a good pump. Feels good for a change.

The tabata clock I have on my PC is really making a difference. Having only a true 10 second rest is hard.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

2 minutes rest between each exercise.

20 seconds on/10 seconds off w/each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Barbell Extension:
40# - 8 sets/8-9 reps varied, last set was 7 reps (up 5#)
***Increased the weight and this was perfect. Last week I went too light.

Bench Dips:
BW - 8 sets/15-8 varied reps
***Again, these killed me and I had to stop early a few times. Not sure why body weight exercises are so hard.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
22's - 3 sets 15-12 varied reps
20's - 5 sets 12-8 varied reps
***This was hard too. Great burn.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl:
35# - 8 sets/9-7 varied reps
***Wanted to go higher but glad I didn't. This killed me.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 4 sets 7-6 varied reps
12's - 4 sets 7-6 varied reps
***Again, the clock made a huge difference with this exercise. Last week I stayed at 15's but I know I had longer rest times due to the clocks I was using.

Hammer Curls:
15's - 4 sets/8-7 varied reps
12's - 4 sets/8-7 varied reps
***Same as above. This was tough.

HR stayed around 135-142 bpm throughout this whole workout.

Got on the treadmill for 10 minutes at a light jog.

Total HR Stats:
1 hr. 2 minutes total
1:43 min. below zone
43 min. in-zone
17 min. above zone
471 calories burned

Belinda & Patti - Excellent workouts! :eek:

Today was cardio. I did Body Max 2 timesaver premix! That one is way to upbeat to be doing right after you get out of bed (especially on the 8 inch step) - but I did it anyway. I then followed that up with weights and plates abs.

Let me tell you - from disc #13 I have major doms. My triceps are killer and my chest is painful as well. It was hard to do the ab work (especially the planks) with my shoulders being sore as well. I think Cathe planned it out that way. Sneaky.

Hi girls,

Debbie** awesome job with your triceps and biceps workut today. Did you pre order Cathe’s new cardio series? How long does your workout take you? If I am counting right, lol! You are doing 8 sets each, right? Holy crap! This sounds tough! How is your chest feeling today! Where can I find your rotation?

Bev** glad you had fun with disc 13 yesterday. I can’t wait to do meso 2!

Karen** great job with your doms today! LOL! Sounds like you had a great workout yesterday.Nice job with BM2 today!

Nora** send some of your energy, girl! You deserve a big pat on the back, girl! Great job!

Patti** great job with LM this morning! Did you ever tried doing the blast with a 8 # med. ball?

Hi to everyone that follows!

Good morning. I did BM2 cardio premix and STS plates and weights abs at 5:30 this morning. Those plate segments on the ab workout were interesting with DOMS in my chest and shoulders!!!! I think I'm going to need a good stretch this afternoon.

Belinda-you are loving those CC workouts aren't you? I'm not a runner but one of these days I think I'm going to have to invest in something because the high impact cardio is getting to my calf. Are you using a treadmill?

Debbie-I love reading about your workouts! Can you share what you eat before and after your strength and cardio workouts???

Karen-Wasn't that ab workout a killer with having DOMS in your chest and shoulders? I'm starting to feel it in my triceps now too. Can't wait to see how we feel after legs tomorrow.

Patti-good job on doing LM this morning. That title is so deceiving because I thought it was going to be easy! NOT!!! lol

Have a good day everyone.

Bev

Debbie** awesome job with your triceps and biceps workut today. Did you pre order Cathe’s new cardio series? How long does your workout take you? If I am counting right, lol! You are doing 8 sets each, right? Holy crap! This sounds tough! How is your chest feeling today! Where can I find your rotation?

Belinda, No, I didn't preorder. Too expensive plus I'm not too keen on high intensity step workouts anymore. I know they aren't all step, but I just can't take that intensity with my joints anymore. I like my treadmill so I'll stick with Cardio Coaches for now. I got this rotation from the April, 2009 men's M&F magazine. At the end of each of my workouts I log my times and post them here. Today took an hour and 2 minutes but that included the entire workout. If you work one body part it takes about a half hour, two about 45 minutes. I love it! And I'm not too sore today. Last week I was really sore but I'm sure it's because I just started the program.

Belinda: Oh what a great idea- I hadn't thought of that! Next time I'll do that- I really don't adore Low Max so this makes me want to give it a whirl again. Thanks!

Karen/Bev: Sounds like you guys are following Cathe's cardio rotation too- I figured why not. I hope she has a lot of variety in there- I would assume so or else I will have to substitute. :)

Bev - I'm kind of dreading legs tomorrow because of all of the things I've read about the tri-sets being killers. gulp.

Patti - yes, I am following Cathes rotation as best I can. I don't have all of her DVDs - but I do my best. :) Are you doing the 3 month or 6 month rotation?

Debbie - I ordered some of that protein pudding you had talked about in one of the other threads. I got it yesterday and just mixed some up for my morning snack. yummy! Who would have thought protein would taste so good?

Debbie-I love reading about your workouts! Can you share what you eat before and after your strength and cardio workouts???

Hi Bev! Before my weight training I drink a protein shake with strawberries & 2 oz. banana in it (both frozen) and after I either have another protein shake or make up some protein pancakes.

With cardio, I do that fasted and then have a protein shake right afterwards.

Debbie - I ordered some of that protein pudding you had talked about in one of the other threads. I got it yesterday and just mixed some up for my morning snack. yummy! Who would have thought protein would taste so good?

Yes, it is good stuff. Add stuff in it like dry raw oats or PB or both. I add banana's in it too. :D

Hi girls,

Bev** I am hooked on CC’s! I love Cardio Coach! I am using the TM in the gym (on base). You should give them a try, you will love them!

Debbie**is the entire rotation in the April, 2009 men's M&F magazine? I need too go to our PX tomorrow and get a copy! The time your workout takes you, isn’t bad at all! I like your rotation! One more question, is the rotation 4 weeks long?

Patti** it’s tough with the med. ball! I am not following Cathes cardio rotation. I like using CC’s or iTread workouts!

Debbie**is the entire rotation in the April, 2009 men's M&F magazine? I need too go to our PX tomorrow and get a copy! The time your workout takes you, isn’t bad at all! I like your rotation! One more question, is the rotation 4 weeks long?

It's 4-6 weeks, depending on what your body can stand. It's intense so you are only suppose to do this twice a year for only 4-6 weeks. And yes, the entire rotation is in that magazine.

Karen: I think 3 month- DH and I did week #1 twice just to get used to things and we are on week #2 now. We tossed around the idea of doing the 6 month but I keep finding new things to try. I think if I do 6 months I'll get antsy. :)

Hey Guys!

I've had a busy day and couldn't check in til now!

For my "Cardio" day , I did 3/4's of Power Max (for the first time! OMG, how freakin fun is this step workout??) and then did Ab Hits: Step Heat Abs (OMG.. so many CRUNCHES until my abs were burnt OUT!).

I only did 3/4 of PM, because the other half of my cardio , was a run at the park :eek:! It was a little chilly (windy), but the sun was shining bright, and it felt amazing.

I asked others about getting CC for outdoor running. What do you guys think? And which ones would you recommend?

Karen: don't dread the Tri Sets! They're ok!!!! Not any harder than any of the previous STS Legs stuff! You can do it!!

Okay..gotta go tend to dinner now....!!:)

Good evening ladies!

I'm checking in late for Tuesday, I finished today's workout at 9:10 pm, Oregon time. So, technically its still Tuesday as I write this. :p Not looking forward to my weekly MS injection tonight. I have some DOMS from Meso 2, Disc 13 yesterday in my shoulders and triceps. But its all good though.

Today's workout Tuesday:

Cardio Coach Vol.1- My knees are a little sore today so I took it easy= 35 min
Calories Burned=399
Distance= 2.54 miles
BPM= 132= 75% of MHR for 9 min in zone
BPM= 142= 75%+ of MHR for 6min in zone
BPM= 144= 80% of MHR for 4 min in zone
BPM= 150-153= 85% of MHR for 3.5 min.
BPM= 150= +80% of MHR 4.5 min
BPM= 153=85% of MHR for 3 min
BPM= 156 =85%+ of MHR for 43 seconds
I jogged 5.5 mph on cool down 0% incline for 4:33
then a five min stretch.

REST for 10 min Phew!:eek:

Body Max 2- Timesaver Cardio circuit= 43 min premix
Calories burned= 411

STS-Abs Circuits- Weights & Plates= 19 min
Calories burned = 117

That's it for me today! I think I've earned a shower now! Phew!:p

Wow, Debbie that sounds like an awesome workout you always amaze me. Your workouts are always so inspiring, great job on your workout Debbie! For those of you that have DOMS from STS STrength Disc 13 yesterday, I feel your pain, literally. I'm doing the motrin & hot shower thing to help with that. I wish the rest of you no soreness and eager and ready for tomorrow's STS Legs Disc 14 with a smile on our faces. Bravo for all of you ladies hard work.:D:):eek:

See ya at tomorrow's check in sleep well and happy dreams, Hugs!
:)
Nora

Hi Nora,

You getting ready to go to sleep, I just woke up and getting ready for my worout:D Great job with disc 14 and CC! Hope your hot shower will help your soreness:eek:

Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.