Crazy strong and loving it for March 24, 2010

Good morning,

I am done with D39, legs! After CCPP yesterday, my legs are fried:confused: Still will walk the dogs. I also did my abs!

Warm up:

Squats 55#, 2 sets

Workout:
Squats/ 95#, 4 sets, 6 reps
Leg curls/ 50 #, 4 sets, 6 reps
Front Squats/ 61#, 4 sets, 6 reps
Static lunges/ 95#, 4 sets, 6 reps

I will be back later!

Hi everyone! Well, I pretty much read, slept and watched TV all day yesterday under a blanket. I took 1000 mg. of Vitamin C every hour on the hour, sometimes I'd take 2000 mg. I feel like a new person today. I decided to not workout again, just in case I'd have a relapse, but I'm feeling really good. Still a bit congested and the cough is still lingering, but nothing like it was.

I figure I'll do GS legs tomorrow, cardio on Friday and GS Back, Shoulders and Bi's on Saturday. That way I only miss one cardio workout and one leg workout for the week.

Going to work, hopefully I'll continue to feel good today. I plan on taking Vitamin C every hour again today. I swear by it, it has always worked for me.

I got up and did a hodge podge of KPC and the abs from it. I started with one premix but it was super short b/c it went right into abs, so I added on here and there. I do plan on running at lunch with DH to take advantage of the weather. It's supposed to rain tomorrow then all weekend. So I want to get out and run while I can.

Belinda - good job on those weights girl!

Debbie - glad to hear that you're starting to feel better.

Nora - you totally rock with your workouts. Insane! Maybe you can share a picture of that new puppy with us???

Wendy - maybe I need to revisit CCC myself. I've only been doing the cardio only premix. I hated the whole things so much the first time I did it. I love CF just b/c it's one that is longer, high-calorie burner for sure, and it mixes up several workouts so you don't really get bored.

Chris - how'd the high step go?

Jessica - how are you doing today? Better after your blog post I hope? That was a good one.

Roxie - what's in store for you today?

Hey Everyone!

Today is 40/20 and Seg #1 of Coremax. not sure if I will do 40/20 or Pyramid. JUST did 40/20 last Thursday. I like variety!

Belinda: You have some good strong legs there girl!!!! :eek: at the weights you're lifting!!!

Debbie: You are so disciplined to take care of yourself like that. Good for you!!! I've done the Vit C trick too, but usually it's 1,000 twice a day, + OJ. It does work! Every hour? well, your body just excretes the extra for the most part.

Nora: Great calorie burn and workoutS yesterday! You did a TON!! ... German Sheperds ARE beautiful dogs, I agree. Hope you find the perfect one!... My thoughts on High Step Training. Hmm. I don't use it often at all. I think if i were you, I wouldn't buy it, unless you could get a great deal on it. I think owning High Step Challenge is probably enough. You could always sub in another circuit for the last day of the rotation. Maybe a good Step Jump and Pump premix or Cardio and Weights is fun! Even Body Max or Body Max 2.

Wendy: not sure if you're checking in today. You are very kind , our patients are usually very appreciate to us, they all let us know we're valued by them. I just hate when management makes you feel like poo when you feel like you're doing a good job with who really matters. ..... I totally understand the food in the pie hole issues!! I can work out until the cows come home, but I love food , ALL food, even healthy stuff, and eat or WANT to eat too much of it!

Roxie: GOOD for you for getting in TJ!!! I'm proud of ya! Hope you can be strong enough to get in workouts in spite of your mom's visit.

A *hey* and a *wave* to Heather and Jessica!!

Will check back in after !!

I got up and did a hodge podge of KPC and the abs from it. I started with one premix but it was super short b/c it went right into abs, so I added on here and there. I do plan on running at lunch with DH to take advantage of the weather. It's supposed to rain tomorrow then all weekend. So I want to get out and run while I can.

Nora - you totally rock with your workouts. Insane! Maybe you can share a picture of that new puppy with us???

Wendy - maybe I need to revisit CCC myself. I've only been doing the cardio only premix. I hated the whole things so much the first time I did it. I love CF just b/c it's one that is longer, high-calorie burner for sure, and it mixes up several workouts so you don't really get bored.

Jessica - how are you doing today? Better after your blog post I hope? That was a good one.

We posted at the same time, I guess! (I think that means you owe me a beer!)

High Step Training was pretty good yesterday. Definitely different. I'm not used to circuits so much. The music was kind of off, and some of the moves aren't my favorite, but then again, there were some cool/different combination moves I did like! A good workout to mix things up!

SOunds like you mixed it up this morning too! I wish the weather were nice enough to run. Of course, since it is not, I want to run in a bad bad way, but not bad enough to go out in that bitter wind! And it's twice fold where I run, because it's a HUGE open field. *goosebumps*. I swear, i'd rather run in the rain!

BBL!

Good Morning,

Don't know what I will end up doing for sure depends on how the day goes I know it will be cardio. It is cloudy and rainy here suppose to be that way for the next 2 days and then again this weekend. I am on oxygen rounds today so I know I won't get to eat all of my snacks and stuff today.

Debbie-glad to hear you are feeling better.

Belinda-great workout. How much longer with sts?

Heather-enjoy your weather while it last, at least its rain not snow.

Chris-enjoy whatever workout you do today.

Wendy-I have that high step workout and hardly ever use it.

Nora-forgot to tell you I feel your pain we had to put our cassie down after having her since she was 5wks old had her 10 years, but she was really sick and I couldn't stand to watch her suffer. Dh had to take her I just couldn't do it.

LOL - I'll buy you a beer if we ever get to meet up!!! I've noticed we often post at the same time. I say go with Pyramid if you just did 40/20. Plus that means no kick butts!! :eek:

We posted at the same time, I guess! (I think that means you owe me a beer!)

High Step Training was pretty good yesterday. Definitely different. I'm not used to circuits so much. The music was kind of off, and some of the moves aren't my favorite, but then again, there were some cool/different combination moves I did like! A good workout to mix things up!

SOunds like you mixed it up this morning too! I wish the weather were nice enough to run. Of course, since it is not, I want to run in a bad bad way, but not bad enough to go out in that bitter wind! And it's twice fold where I run, because it's a HUGE open field. *goosebumps*. I swear, i'd rather run in the rain!

BBL!

Roxie - I coughed so much that my abs hurt. They are so sore I can hardly laugh without it hurting. Does that mean I still have to do an ab workout this week??? :p

Heather - you are a rockstar, you totally made my day yesterday with our little Facebook IM convo. I started to chirp up after that and after last night's blog post, you can tell I'm trying really hard to snap out of it for good. The part that got me most? The part about not letting sour people/sour situations "steal your joy" - how awesome is that?? So, in a word, yes, I'm feeling much more "me" which is a relief. As for the workouts? Last night I did end up going to Dynamic Core - class was interesting, not what I expected but a good change of pace. Today I hit up Power and then ran on the dreadmill for a bit to get a little cardio in. Wasn't my best run by far, looking forward to a nice outside run tomorrow night since it's supposed to get back into the 60s again which is PERFECT running weather!! Enjoy your run today!!

I'll be back later with more personals, I keep getting interrupted by folks at the office. Don't they know I have forums to keep up with ;)

Roxie - I coughed so much that my abs hurt. They are so sore I can hardly laugh without it hurting. Does that mean I still have to do an ab workout this week??? :p

Debbie-I will let you off the hook this week, but I better see some next week, don't remember seeing any last week. Glad you feel better though.

DH and I ran at lunch. We just did 3 miles. I probably shouldn't have after the AM workout, but I really needed to try to run off some funk I'm feeling today. It was a nice break from the office and nice to be outside.

Is it Friday yet??

I did end up doing HiiT Pyramid. Glad I did! And your post about "no butt kicks" helped me make that decision, Heather! Thanks!! I reached "spit status" (breathing so hard I felt like I couldn't swallow my own saliva). Followed it with Coremax #1. My abs were tighter than usual, and it really got in there good> Skipped the planks at the end (i was spent!)

Debbie: I'd say the coughing counts as ab work!

Jessica: NIce workout today!!!

Heather: YAY for getting a run in. Sometimes ya just gotta get outside like that.

Hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do Heather! If a run at lunch helps you blow off steam/shake off a funk, by all means do it up sista! :)

Hi girls, I'm just stopping by to check in with today's workout.

Here's today's workout:

iTread 20 min Set6- Only did part of it as a warm up= 12 min
Distance= 1.0 Miles
Calories burned= 158
BPM Avg.= 148

STS Cardio: MMA Fusion= 50 Minutes
Calories burned= 485

S&H -Legs Only= 32 Minutes
Calories burned= 262

Total calories burned from today's workout= 905

Belinda- Great job with D39, legs & CCPP yesterday, my legs are fried Still will walk the dogs and you still did abs! You are my hero! Awesome workout there, and I see some killer weight work for today as well. WTG!!! Keep up the great workouts!:)

Debbie- I missed it that you mentioned you were sick, I'm sorry. I'm glad you are feeling better today and I agree that taking an extra day to recover is a good idea to avoid a relapse, which is so not fun. Get lots of rest and keep feeling better.

Heather- It sounds like a fun hodge podge of KPC you did plus abs, and a run later sounds like pretty awesome workout to me. I see you had a great 3 mile run and enjoyed the good weather while its there. WTG!!:)

Chris- Core Max and 40/20 HiiT sounds like a pretty fun combo to me. Nice workout! Yep, I love GSD! They seem to be my favorite breed of dog, having loved Vader he made quite the impression on me for his breed. I'm trying to get hubby to allow me to get a second dog that would be a buddy for the new puppy. I'm really wanting a German Shepherd Mix, preferably mixed with Lab or Husky. I love me some big furry babies LOL!! Chris, I'm taking your advice on the high step training and not getting it. I have High Step Challenge and it seems that it would be somewhat similar of a workout so I'll just use that one in substitute for the other one. It should be just fine, thanks for the helpful advice.

p.s. IMHO Nurses rock!!! I've had positive experiences with nurses taking care of me when I was in the hospital having my babies and later with MS. I used to work as a hairstylist years ago and one of my former clients was a nurse that worked at the local hospital burn unit, she'd tell me what type of stuff she saw and had to do. I told her she was a saint to take care of people in such a tough situation. I've always had a great deal of respect for nurses its a tough job ya all do and I know I'm grateful for having experienced excellent first rate nurses, and any doctor worth his salt is grateful for nurses too! So, thank you for being such an awesome nurse and taking care of people. You Rock!!

Roxie- Thanks for sharing about your dog. Its just so incredibly painful to have to put down a beloved pet, for me Vader was like my furry 4 legged kid and I'm crying like crazy missing him. Have fun with your cardio today whatever you pick, just have fun with it.

Heather - you are a rockstar, you totally made my day yesterday with our little Facebook IM convo. I started to chirp up after that and after last night's blog post, you can tell I'm trying really hard to snap out of it for good. The part that got me most? The part about not letting sour people/sour situations "steal your joy" - how awesome is that?? So, in a word, yes, I'm feeling much more "me" which is a relief. As for the workouts? Last night I did end up going to Dynamic Core - class was interesting, not what I expected but a good change of pace. Today I hit up Power and then ran on the dreadmill for a bit to get a little cardio in. Wasn't my best run by far, looking forward to a nice outside run tomorrow night since it's supposed to get back into the 60s again which is PERFECT running weather!! Enjoy your run today!!

I'll be back later with more personals, I keep getting interrupted by folks at the office. Don't they know I have forums to keep up with ;)
jsutera- Your workout plans for today sound great! Enjoy that ideal running weather it does sound awesome. Dynamic Core does sound interesting and I'd love to hear more about it. I love lots of diversity in my workouts and especially in ab work. Take care and have a great run today!;)

Ok girls, that's it for me today. Congrats on all the workouts you guys have done or will do today! WTG!! Those of you resting today take care. Have a great evening girls and I'll seeya at tomorrow's check in. ;)

Hugs!

Nora

Last edited:
Good evening,

Nora, Holy Crap, on that cal. burn today. Your workouts are amazing, girl! WTG! I think getting a second dog, is a great idea! It's also a lot of work!

Debbie, glad the Vit. C is helping and you starting to feel better.

Heather, hope the run helped to release some stress! How long is your lunch hour? You run in your lunch hour, that is amazing! WTG, girl!

Chris, awesome job with Core Max and 40/20 HiiT today. For some reason, I can't get into the new workouts. Maybe it's the cal burn I am getting? Your post yesterday made me laugh!

Roxie, awesome job with your workout today. Glad you feeling better!

Jessica, a nice run outsde sounds like fun! It's been awhile I ran outside! What is Dynamic Core ? It does sound interesting!

Nice workouts today, girls!

Good night! See you all in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.