"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for March 20"

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girs,

I am getting ready to do disc 8!

I will be back to report my workout!

Karen, that’s sucks about your DVD payer!

Rockie, hope you had fun with S&H Legs/ shoulders. Hope you get your cardio in too!

Chis, nice mix of cardio yesterday! Nice job on your DOMS! I still don’t know what happened to my HR?? I hope DH has time this weekend to check my HR out! I hope it’s not broken!

Debbie, sounds like you had an intense workout with the Tabat clock! Great job! What are macros? Is your shoulder feeling better?

Nora, nice job with CCV3 + TaeBo Fat Blasting Cardio with bands plus +abs! You do a lot of cardio! WTG!

Hi to Melinda, Patti and Wendy! Hope you have a great day!

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Hi ladies,

I am done with my leg workout! Holy moly! That bonus leg workout with the paper plates got me good today:p Workout went by fast!

Have a wonderful day and workout!

Hi everyone. I just got done doing Kelly Coffey Myers bootcamp for the first time. It was nice to try something different but I'm ready to go back to STS and Cathe!

Belinda-don't you just love those leg workouts? And the bonuses are great!

Have a good day and a good workout everyone.

Bev

Morning! I've been missing this week- got sick! Now I know why I felt so worn out after Monday's workout. Anyway, I'm almost 100% but not quite, so I've been taking an unofficial rest week. I was just on week #1 of STS anyway, so no real harm. I have slept a LOT which I think I really needed.

Bev: I like KCM for a change of pace- her step kickboxing workout is really fun. But I agree, no one is like Cathe. :)

Hi Belinda! I love the leg workouts in STS- they fly by.

Have a good Friday everyone! I can't wait to get back in the game- I hate it when I can't workout.

Good Morning,

Tonite is S&H chest and back. Did legs last nite.

Debbie-I feel like I am getting results in the upper body and lower but it is the abs and hips that are not changing how do I need to tweak this rotation? I end up at 1800 cals when I do the 2 snacks, and those are on days when I might have soup for lunch, some days it could be as high as 2000cals.

Glad to hear everyone is getting healthy and enjoying STS just think you only have 2 more days of recovery week then back to it.

Todays workout was Legs. I actually thought my HR would go up more then it did with this workout but it could be because most exercises were done seated or lying down. Still had an excellent workout and I know I'll feel this tomorrow.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off.

3 minutes rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Squats:
50# - 8 sets/9 reps
***Kept the weight on my shoulder which was not fun. My traps hurt like hell by the time this was over. I'll need to reevaluate this one. Maybe hold dumbbells instead?

Leg Press Station:
75# - 1 set/12 reps; 7 sets/ 11 reps
***Need to go higher on this one for sure. Should have used 100# like I initially wanted to.

Leg Extensions:
45# - 8 sets/12 reps
***This one was funny. First set I'm like, OMG! This is WAY too light. 8th set I was sweating and swearing! LMAO!

Hamstring Curls:
25# - 8 sets/9 reps
***These burned like a mother.

Leg Press Station Calf Raises:
100# - Reps varied between 16/15/12/8/5
***These actually hurt. A bad hurt. Not sure why. My shins were screaming at me. I had to stop early on the last two sets. I may just do regular calf raises next week.

HR Stats:
48 minutes
10 minutes below zone
38 minutes in zone
31 seconds above zone
319 calories burned

Still happy with these readings. I wanted to get on the treadmill for a few more minutes but didn't have the time. Tomorrow I will after I work back.

That is all....

Hey everyone!

Today I went and took the pup out for a run/walk. I haven't run in a quite a while so I wanted to test it out and see how I held up. We weren't gone more than a half hour. Not sure what my calorie burn was - I was freezing and had to pull my sleeves over my fingers to keep warm - and in turn covering up my HRM. Oh well. I came back and did Jules Bensons Pilates.

This morning we already hit up the basement. I got to vacuum up all of the spider webs with the shop vac. I'm sure all of the spiders are having a field day inside that thing. All I know is that I will not be the one emptying that thing out!

Checking in -

I got my Cathe vest today! I didn't know where to begin.
I did Legs from 4DS and matched Cathe's weights AND had my vest on. It was a pretty short w/o, and I still felt like going, so put in BM2 Scrambled Eggs premix and put on my HRM (and took off my vest). I skipped one of 5 min segments, so it was 75 min and 658 calories! I don't know what I burned doing Legs. 105 minutes total. I am fatigued just sitting here!
One of my girls has a bowling birthday party to attend...Have a good evening, ladies...

Great workouts, everyone!

It sounds like everyone is pushing it!!

Patti, sorry to hear you've been sick!

This morning I did Meso #2, DISC 18: Back & Biceps. It was good and challenging, and I love her "back off" sets at the end (you drop to 40% of what you were lifting and do them until failure), It's a cool concept and it feels like icing on the cake :)p).

Afternoon! I felt good enough to try STS #2 (back and tri) today and it felt GREAT! I even did C&W cardio only premix afterwards because I couldn't stop! :p

Chris: Oh, that sounds fun! I can't wait for Meso #2- seems as if she has interesting stuff in there.

Wendy: I love my weighted vest- you'll have fun. It's great for B&G and I can't wait for it to warm up so I can go out walking with it (and get strange looks from the neighbors).

Karen: Anything involving spiders is a DH responsibility! It was in our wedding vows.

Hi everyone!

I'm just checking in for today's workout.

Cardio Coach Vol. 4= 54 min I went over a couple of minutes to up my distance.
Calories Burned= 664
Distance= 4.18 Miles
5:30 Warmup
Challenge 1- 8 min @132-140 BPM = 75% of MHR nearing 80%.
Steady State 1- sustained HR from challenge 1= 3 min.
Challenge 2- 8min @144 BPM= 80% of MHR
Steady State 2= sustained heart rate at 80%= 144 BPM HR for 3 min
Challenge 3=11min @153 BPM= 85% of MHR
Steady State 3= I chose to go for it rather than cool down here. 4min @157-163 BPM HR range from 85% to last min sprint at 163 BPM=90% of MHR.
Followed by 3 min Cool down power walk. Then a nice 6min stretch.

REST

Winsor Pilates Maximum Burn Basics= 23 min
Calories burned= 126

That's it! Nothing too tricky here. I feel victorious that I've done Cardio
coach Vol. 4- 4 times now and its very tough but man do you feel like you've really won a challenge when you finish. My goal is to work up to doing Volume 5 and beyond of Cardio Coach.

I'm sorry to hear that your not feeling well Patty. Hang in there and just rest up and get ready for next week, ok. Just be well.;):)

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a TGIF workout! :D

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.