"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for March 17"

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I am done with CC V 5:p:p OMG, CCV5 is an animal:eek: I went over 4 miles. I burned a ton of cal., I was sweating buckests. My HR didn't work). I worked hard!:p I only wanted to do a 30 min. workout, ended up doing 60 min., I couldn't stop running!!

Have a great workout and day today! Make it a good one!

Todays Tabata Training was Biceps and Triceps.

:eek:

Holy crap! What an excellent workout I had. If I don't burn some fat with this type of training then I may as well give this up. My arms hurt and my chest is SO SORE from yetserdays workout. :hyper:

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

20 seconds on/10 seconds off.
3 minute rest between each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions:
35# - 10/10/10/10/9/10/9/10
***Good weight for this but since it was my first exercise I probably could have gone with 40#.

Bench Dips:
Body Weight: 12/10/11/11/12/10/9/10
***These freakin' killed me. Wow. And to think I was going to use weight.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
20# - 14/13/14/13/13/13/12/12
***Got very fatigued with these. Triceps were screaming at me.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
35# - 8/8/9/8/8/7/7/7
***Great burn with this exercise and good weight to begin with.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 8/8/7/7/7/7/7/6
***Another great burn with this. Good weight here too.

Hammer Curls:
12's - 8 sets of 9 reps
***Probably could have done heavier here but by the last couple sets I was fried.

Stretched really good because my arms were just burning.

HR info:
1 hour workout
6 minutes below zone
49 minutes in zone
5 minutes above zone
426 calories burned

That is all....

Debbie - you sound like me. I always get frustrated when I work hard and nothing seems to change. Except for me - my diet is the problem - not the exercising. I'm working on it though...

Last night I took our dog out for a walk, unloaded the truck full of basement supplies, painted a little bit, and then did Bryan Kests Energize yoga. I felt that stretching in every part of my body this morning. Its great.

I wanted to stay in bed this morning and sleep in for once - since it is recovery week. However I was like "I still have to get up in a hour to go to work so I might as well get up and workout". I did BM2 Timesaver Premix and added on the abs as well. Burned 510 calories.

BTW, Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! Anyone drink green beer? Not me, I can't stand the taste of beer. I drink only water and milk. The green eggs and ham though that they had on the news this morning looked good. :)

Good Morning,

My plans changed last nite so I got to do my originally planned workout of Bis and Tris. Used mainly 8s and 5s for this used 15 on first set of overhead extensions then dropped to 12s then 10s. Tried 8s on the lying extensions but tris were already screaming. Tonite will be the original LIS.

Morning! Today was a rest day for me- yesterday I was wiped out. I haven't felt that tired since my kids weren't sleeping through the night. I don't know what the deal is- so I stayed in bed this morning. It was nice.

Major DOMS from STS #1 (second time through). My lats are killing me and good DOMS in my shoulders- I wasn't this sore the first time around, so that's odd.

Karen: I hear you on the diet- usually I'm OK but lately it has been a struggle. It bites.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone!

I just got done with CTX: Kickbox, and instead of Cathe's "Quick Fix Cardio" , I'm going to go for my FIRST RUN OF 2009! I'm soooo excited, I don't run in the winter, and didn't get much in in the Fall, because I broke my toe. I love to run at the park, and the snow is finally melted!

Debbie: I heard of Tabata Training, but not with weights, with cardio., Doing short bursts of cardio, with little rests in between. The weight work sounds very interesting!!

I did Meso #2: DISC 16 yesterday, It was Chest, Shoulders and tri's. She added in a little "twist" at the end of the reps. after the heavy 12/10/8 rep sets, she added in a LIGHT weight until failure of the same exercise. It was pretty neat!

It's not quite 24 hours, but I definitely felt my shoulders during the arm drills in CTX KB.

My eating crapped out over the weekend too. I had some sad news (an old friend died tragically) and I let it get to me, and ate my emotions. It's not a pretty thing.

Back to clean started yesterday though!

Patti: I felt sooo fatigued at the END of Meso #1. My body was achey all over. the rest week was good. You're just repeating the first week?

Happy St Patty's day to you all!

I have to go to the Dollar store and buy some stuff for a Leprechaun Trap for my boys. They're so excited. My 7 yr old wants to catch one, so he can make the wish to be able to fly! He's so cute!

No green beer here (though I would love it!), just corned beef and cabbage dinner. (going light on the CB for me though!)

Hey everyone!:)

I read what Debbie said about her workout- interesting idea. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Take care of that shoulder, maybe a little corn pillow action would help if its still sore later. ;) You guys always impress me and keep me motivated to keep working out and sticking with it. You guys rock!!!

Nora, OMG! Good idea! I never even thought to use the corn pillow for my shoulder. I will do that tonight! Your workouts are going well!

Happy St Patrick's Day ladies. I did the warm up and ab section of Butts and Guts this morning just to get me going for the day.

Have a good one.

Bev

Rythmic Step

Hey everyone I did Rythmic Step. I had to lower from two to one riser on each side. I burned 648 calories. I enjoyed it. I like that step workout but Step Blast is still my fav. Have a good night everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.