Crazy strong and loving it for March 17, 2010

Morning girls,

I am done with D38 not 37! Had a great workout. I also did the ultra stretch from 10 Minute Solution with the fitness ball. I feel those stretches deep by using a ball. Love using the ball! I thinking getting that DVD. Got it from the library.

Warm up:
Squats 55 #/2 sets/ 10 reps (although the workout card has 12 reps? Tow less reps for me, lol!)

Workout: 7 reps/ 4 sets
Squats 90#
Leg Cursl 40#/40#/50#/50#, I messed up on the first 2 sets! Didn't relized I had only 40# on there. Oh well!
Front squats 60#
Static Lunge 90#

So far my back is feeling great with the weights, I am afraid to go up another 5 % next week. Last time I went over 90#, I messed up my back. I guess I have to see how I fell tomorrow. I am also wearing a back support, that really makes a difference.

You wonna hear something funny? I love the long breaks in M3, I had mud on my shoes (took the dogs outside just before I started my workout, so they don't border me!), it got on my carpet.I borderd me so much. I started cleaning my carpet during the long break!:p Those are some long breaks, you can clean your entire house while working out! LOL!

Last edited:
Today was the same workout that Belinda did. (Nice going, Belinda, very impressive weights, girl!) I went fairly light due to this being my first leg workout in way over 2 weeks. I'm almost sure I'll be paralyzed tomorrow!

Did STS Meso 3, Disc 37, Squat Rack Legs. This is how it went:

Warmup:
Squats - 65#- 2 sets/12 reps

Workout:
Squats - 85# - 4 sets/8 reps

Elevated Deadlifts - 75# - 4 sets/8 reps

Leg Press Station - 155# - 4 sets/8 reps
***This was suppose to be Front Squats but I hate that exercise.

Static Lunges - 70# - 4 sets/8 reps

I also added in some calf work:

Barbell Calf Raises - 90# - Toes forward, in and out for 15 reps each position; rested 1 minute and did toes forward, in and out for 12 reps each position; rested 1 minute and did toes forward, in and out for 10 reps each position. Calves are FRIED! Legs are too, I'll be feeling this later.

Hi ladies. Happy Hump Day. I got up (very reluctantly I must add) and did the warm up from CCC then did Pyramid Upper/Lower using the same exercise changes I did over the weekend and going up in weights to compensate for the fewer reps as this was a pyramid up only. I then finished with drills 1, 2, and 1/2 of 3 from CCC (using the cardio only premix, not the core work). I was running short of time and was totally spent. No way I was going to finish it all. I always think the weights seem so low with this workout but I know it's more endurance (or that's my story)

Squats into plie squats (45, 55, 65)
Step ups (seriously hate these especially at 5:30 am) (45, 55, 65)
Incline chest flyes into press (21.5's, 25's, 26.5's)
Pullovers into DB Underhand rows (PO 23, 25, 28 & Rows 26.5's, 30's, 31.5's)
Step ups (freaking again) (45, 55, 65)
Static lunges (45, 55, 65)
Overhead DB Press into Lateral Raises (Press 15's, 16.5's, 20's & raises 10's, 11's, 12's)
Deadlifts (40, 50, 60)
Kickbacks into Overhead Extensions (KB 10's, 11's, 12's & Extensions 15, 18, 20)
Hammer Curls into Alternating Curls (with twist or sweep at top) (13.5's, 15's, 16.5's)
Calf raises (3/25 at 60#, turning out, parallel, then out again)

Belinda & Debbie - awesome job with the weights ladies!!

Good Morning,

Woke up feeling so much better today so my plan must be working, I am going to cut it down to 1 sudafed every 4 hours and tylenol and see what happens. Tonite is Turbo Sculpt and instead of using 3lb wts. I am going to up it to 5.

Belinda-good job on the wts. just be careful.

Debbie-awesome workout.

Heather-congrats on making the effort to get up and workout.

Happy St. Pattys day watch your lucky charms.

Quickie for me, I have to run, but I'll BBL:

So I did MMA: Fusion first today. That freakin second combo annoys me. I feel like I'd have to be a catortionist (sp?) to get my leg through my arms like that. And I really didn't care for the drill of rolling back and then forward into a push up. It hurts!. But the rest, i loved! LOL!. The pounding and the smashes, and then the core work is VERY cool. The 3rd combo is my favorite. Right into S&H Legs. My thighs were quivering! Esp on the inner thigh. My legs are a little tight (esp my hips) from running yesterday too. Tough workout!!!

Gotta run to my mom's and then home to put the Corned Beef on!

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!

Roxie - good job with your workout last night and glad to hear you're feeling better today.

Nora - need I say anything??? LOL. You always have good workouts I do believe.

Chris - I HATE that combo too. It ranks up there with the squat thrust pushups from CCC and the Mountain Climbers that she's super proud of in the Shock Cardio series. I digress... Good job!! :D

Hi Wendy and Jessica!

Debbie, Thanks! As always your weights are impressive! WTG! How come you have 8 reps and I have only 7? Did you added one extra rep? My workout card said 7 reps! I am confused. BTW, I didn't relized you and I did the same workout today. Great job!

Heather, awesome job with CCC plus Pyramid UB/LB today! I hate those step ups too:eek: How long have you been a vegetarian? Sorry, if I ask you this before:rolleyes: I am getting old, you know! LOL! I been a vegetarian for over 3 years, the last few weeks I am graving meat. I am getting tired eating beans and tofu for protein. That's all I can get here besides eggs, yogurt and soy products. Do you have any recommendation on what else I can eat? I eat a lot of Morning Star!

Chris, I am glad I am not the only one, don't like the combo either! Nice job, girl!

Roxie, have fun with Turbo Sculpt! These workouts

Last edited:
Debbie, Thanks! As always your weights are impressive! WTG! How come you have 8 reps and I have only 7? Did you added one extra rep? My workout card said 7 reps! I am confused. BTW, I didn't relized you and I did the same workout today. Great job!

You ended up doing Disc 38, I did 37. I was wondering why you did 7 reps and I did 8 and then I realized you changed discs.

Debbie, LOL! I was wondering:eek: Thanks for clearing it up for me! I thought for a minute my WM/workout card is alll screwed up!

Wow ladies, being the newer face on this check-in and I'm totally impressed by those heavy weights from you all who are in the M3 phase of STS. Awesome!!

I'm thinking of returning to STS in the fall after giving Power a bit more time to work its magic. By then I'll be ready to really re-commit to STS I think/hope.

Anyway, today was a Power day and it went well, upped my weights a bit on back/triceps but kept the others the same since it still felt challenging. I could probably add a bit to the legs track but my left knee (not the knee I previously injured) has been ACHING the past two days. I'm praying its just from Kick since it happened before on the other knee but not sure. Regardless, it needs to resolve itself before I have to teach Kick tomorrow AM!!

PS. Anyone else have a real problem with being weighed? I weighed in at the doctor this morning, which I haven't done since LAST year when I went and I didn't like the number I saw. can't seem to shake the annoyance either, esp since I've never been one to gauge my progress by the scale. Gah!

I've been vegetarian for 16 years now. I make a lot of my own bean/veggie patties, use tempeh, quinoa (which is considered a lean protein), tofu, Quorn products, and tofu. I used to use a lot of the meat subs like morning star, but have tried to eat cleaner opting for natural proteins in beans or edamame even. You can check out my blog to see some of my recipes. I will even puree beans in soups for the protein and creaminess. You don't taste them at all. Do you get any veggie mags? Maybe look up vegetarian times online. Allrecipes.com has great recipes too.

Heather, awesome job with CCC plus Pyramid UB/LB today! I hate those step ups too:eek: How long have you been a vegetarian? Sorry, if I ask you this before:rolleyes: I am getting old, you know! LOL! I been a vegetarian for over 3 years, the last few weeks I am graving meat. I am getting tired eating beans and tofu for protein. That's all I can get here besides eggs, yogurt and soy products. Do you have any recommendation on what else I can eat? I eat a lot of Morning Star!

Chris, I am glad I am not the only one, don't like the combo either! Nice job, girl!

Roxie, have fun with Turbo Sculpt! These workouts

Hey girl, these women rock the weights I tell you!! Take it easy on that knee? Is it under the knee cap? I have to wear a patellar band for any exercising I do.

I HATE to get weighed. I only get weighed when I go to the doctor. I just go by how clothes fit and forget numbers.

Wow ladies, being the newer face on this check-in and I'm totally impressed by those heavy weights from you all who are in the M3 phase of STS. Awesome!!

I'm thinking of returning to STS in the fall after giving Power a bit more time to work its magic. By then I'll be ready to really re-commit to STS I think/hope.

Anyway, today was a Power day and it went well, upped my weights a bit on back/triceps but kept the others the same since it still felt challenging. I could probably add a bit to the legs track but my left knee (not the knee I previously injured) has been ACHING the past two days. I'm praying its just from Kick since it happened before on the other knee but not sure. Regardless, it needs to resolve itself before I have to teach Kick tomorrow AM!!

PS. Anyone else have a real problem with being weighed? I weighed in at the doctor this morning, which I haven't done since LAST year when I went and I didn't like the number I saw. can't seem to shake the annoyance either, esp since I've never been one to gauge my progress by the scale. Gah!

Yeah it feels almost like a bruise under my kneecap. Last time I just cut out the jump knees from Kick for a few days and it subsided. I think that's the problem, I hope anyway. ;)

And thanks for agreeing with me on the scale thing, I don't even own one.I don't know why it bothered me so much this AM, so frustrating!!

When I wennt to the dr. in July the nurse wrote down I weighed 156lbs. which I know wasn't right I saw the # when I went back with this sickness the scale showed 127lbs and the dr. was impressed with such a huge wt. loss and I just laughed knowing he made a mistake(male nurse). You have to remember you are wearing clothes and shoes unless you take those off so you will weigh more than you think and its usually and late morning afternoon appt. so you have ate and drank. Hope this helps you feel better.

Thanks ladies! I knew coming to you Cathletes would help. And I know I'm being irrational by getting so bent out of shape about the stupid number. SO many variables go into fitness and health and the number on the scale is just one of them, and even that can vary WILDY as you all note here. You ladies rock :)

Heather, I can't get tempeh here in Germany:confused: I used to buy it in the states! I never made bean/veggie patties. What is Quorn products? We have veggie mags in our PX and library, I can't get half the stuff I need. Our commissary doesn't carry a lot. I will check out your blog and websides! Thanks for your help!

BTW, now I know why I always weigh more at the doc office! I am always so frustrated when I leave:confused:

Jessica, hope your knee feels better soon. Nice workout today.

I will be back in the AM. It's getting late, will go to sleep soon! See you all in the morning!

Here's a link to the Quorn site. http://www.quorn.com/

Heather, I can't get tempeh here in Germany:confused: I used to buy it in the states! I never made bean/veggie patties. What is Quorn products? We have veggie mags in our PX and library, I can't get half the stuff I need. Our commissary doesn't carry a lot. I will check out your blog and websides! Thanks for your help!

BTW, now I know why I always weigh more at the doc office! I am always so frustrated when I leave:confused:

Jessica, hope your knee feels better soon. Nice workout today.

I will be back in the AM. It's getting late, will go to sleep soon! See you all in the morning!

You guys ALL rocked the weights today! Holy moly! I'm super impressed! and totally not worthy! LOL!. But I have to say my legs were shaking bad today doing the SLOOOOOWWWWW reps. Even with just 40/45 lbs!

I've been thinking about what would be the best to lean out my lower end and think that maybe I'll order Brazilian Butt Lift and run more for cardio. that is my biggest problem area ., Oh I know I have to clean up my horrid weekend eating too :eek:

Jessica: I hate the weigh ins at the doctors too!!! Sorry for your bad experience. Concentrate on the positive!!! Are your clothes tighter? really, that's how to gauge your weight, not by the scale.

Heather: You lift HEAVY for Pyramid!!! No wonder you get so sore!!! CCC cardio is tough too!! ... Yeah, mountain climbers suck butt too! LOL! ;)

Roxie: I'd imagine it must feel good to work out again like 'normal'.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.