"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for March 13"

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today I will do disc 6 (legs).

I will be back to report my workout!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Good morning everyone. I did Disc 12 this morning and totally loved it but then I love leg day! The bonus leg drills at the end are alot of fun. I'm also enjoying my Cathe weighted vest when I do legs. Tomorrow is Imax 3 and then next week is an active recovery week. That's going to be interesting.

Have a great day everyone.

Bev

Good Morning,

Tonite is S&H C&B. I have major DOM in my tris and shoulders so doing tonites work aught to be interesting. I haven't done very well with cardio this week, but I have been up and down stairs at work home and DDs house so I am getting some cardio just not enough.

I don't even know why I have a scale. I swear that before I even step on the scale I can predict what number I am going to see just by how I feel. Unfortunately - I have been really hungry this week and have probably been eating more than I should. I had gotten below my 160 mark (YAY!) for a entire week - but now after this week I am back up to 160. I am so mad! BUT, I am trying not to let it get to me - its just a number, right? I will get down to my goal...eventually. :)

Today was the last leg workout of mesocycle 1. The time seemed to just fly today. I was still a little asleep when I started because when she did the front, 45, side, back lunges I kept doing the same leg instead of alternating. I think it was after I was more than half way through that I noticed I needed to switch. sigh. The ball toss catch with feet thing was fun. I'm not feeling my legs that much this morning - so hopefully I don't have many doms tomorrow - I want to work out hard with cardio tomorrow.

Morning! I did Drill Max premix #3- scrambled eggs cardio blast or something like that. It was good, only 45 minutes. She repeated a few of the tougher drills, though- that was mean. I then did STS abs weights and plates- that took forever! I don't know if I'll do the whole thing that often. I burned 578 calories.

Karen: Scales are kind of evil- sometimes I think they help me be accountable and sometimes I think they do nothing but discourage me. Don't fret- it IS just a number.

Bev: I've been using the weighted vest a lot since I bought it- worth every penny. I kind of want one of the neat Ironman vests that can hold 30 pounds, but it's so much $$$.

Hi Belinda and Roxie!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Today was Legs. Quick workout but intense nonetheless. I had a great workout!

LEGS
Squats:
75# - 3 sets/12 reps
***Good form, really felt these in my glutes.

Leg Press Station:
125# - 3 set/12 reps
***This was VERY light for me but I concentrated on movement and contraction. Really felt it.

Static Lunges:
65# - 3 sets/12 reps
***Again, very light but still felt them.

Elevated Deadlifts:
80# - 2 sets/12 reps; 1 set/10 reps
***These killed me for some reason today.

CALVES
Weight Barbell Calf Raises:
135# - 2 sets/12 reps w/toes forward/in/out
***Man, these burned big time. I will feel them tomorrow.

That is all....

Have a great Friday everyone!

Hi girls,

Karen** sorry about the weight. It will go down! I made the same mistake with the exact same exercise,LOL! Oh, well! Great workout, girl! How did your DH liked the partner abs last night?

Nora**I love CCV4, it was a tough one I have to admid! Had a excellent workout yesterday. Not sure what I will do tomorrow?LOL! So many workouts to choose from. It sounds like you are doing too much cardio, if you are feeling fatigue.You did IMAX 3 and CCV2 yesterday, that is too much cardio! I would pass out!

Big HALLO to Bev, Rockie, Debbie and Patti!

Hey Girls!..

Great workouts today! BIG weights! And tough cardios!!

I'm on Week #1 of MESO #2 and did DISC 15: BACK & BICEPS. Loved it! Worked hard with heavy weights, but love the 60 second rests :)

I kind of tweaked my left lower back yesterday doing Plyo stuff off of SB. But it's so much better today! I'm relieved!!

I went a tiny bit lighter on pull backs with the bar bell though.

Karen: Recovery week after Meso #1 was so hard for me! But Meso #2 is so worth it!!

Hi everyone!

It's been a crazy day where I could do my workout until much later than I had wanted. I also had to take a big break between Cardio Coach and starting weights. Due to my dizziness of the laste few days it requires me to take bigger rest periods between cardio and weights or abs whatever it is I'm doing that day.

Today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 3= 45 min.
Calories burned = 553
Distance= 3.02 miles
Below zone for 3 min.
In zone for 13 min @135 BPM
Then drop to below zone @ 124 BPM for 3 min.
8 min @146 BPM (80% of MHR) 8 min
9 min @150-154(80%+ but not quite 85%of MHR)
Cool Down for 5 min BPM starting at 153 and was 75 when done.
Cardio Coach always makes me feel so awesome.

RESTED

STS- Legs- Disc 12, marks the end of Meso Cycle 1, week 4:eek:
Time= 54 min
Calories burned= 442
I have to say I'm loving STS and very impressed with the results I've gotten in just four weeks. I know I'm going to miss weights next week with that being my active rest from weights completely, kind of makes me sad.:( Oh well, I guess I can do cardio coach, Cathe's step DVD's, yoga, and abs then.
I truly felt like the 70% of my 1 RM was dead on for the most part. It was not a cake walk, but it was challenging but doable. The only real thing that gave me trouble was again the one leg deadlifts with toes eleveated 3/1 counts. My being MS balance challenged these were bears for me to do and keep from falling on my face. I did try to hand in there and do all but two reps on each leg. I am surprisingly getting the hang of one leg slide back lunges with paper plates while holding a dumbell in each hand. Those are fun, and it helped to watch Cathe's Cathe TV tips on correct form while doing these. I reviewed that before attempting and it was very doable. Thanks for Cathe TV on STS I appreciate it tons! Wall squats are still a challenge but its improving. I noticed that Cathe usually gets us good with the bands but this time she did it in the bonus section with the ball. Oh man, did I feel those. As always, I'm loving the paper plate work it is really tough but works you good. I don't know about anyone else but man did this 4 weeks just fly by with this or what? STS is just amazing and so much fun and addictive too. Thanks Cathe for bringing this amazing workout to us, it sets yet another Gold standard which you are known for.:):D You Rock!

Core Max- Premix- 18 min
Calories burned= 123

Well, that's it for me today! I'm off to hit the shower and eat a healthy clean simple dinner. Have a great evening everyone, and I'll see ya at the next check-in. ;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.