"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for March 1

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I starting W 2, disc 4!

I will be back to report my workout!

Have a great one!

Hi girls,

still no workout! I am a little slow today:rolleyes: My nose is so stuffed today!
I did take my dogs for 1 hour walk this morning.

Hi to everyone that follows! BBL!

Today was Legs. I hate doing legs, especially on a Monday! But had a great workout and followed it by some cardio.

MINIMAL DIZZY SPELLS! :eek:

1 minute rest between each set

LEGS
Squats:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
75# - 10
85# - 10
95# - 10 (up 5#)

Bulgarian Split Squats:
75# - 10 (up 5#)
80# - 10 (up 5#)
85# - 10 (up 5#)
***Used 4 risers. These killed.

Reverse Lunges:
32's - 3 sets/10 reps (up 2#)

Elevated Deads:
75# - 10
80# - 10
85# - 10
***Same as last week.

CALVES
Gym Style Calf Raises

CARDIO:
Cardio Coach #1, challenge #1 and #2.
25 minutes
45 seconds below zone
11 minutes in zone
13 minutes above zone
206 calories burned
1.37 miles travelled

That is all...

Good Morning,

Tonite is S&H legs for me. I am going to try and go heavier than I normally would and see what happens.

Today was STS Disc #7. I am running short on time this morning so I won't be able to list the whole breakdown. In short - there were too many pushups! I probably did half of them with a straight leg and the other half on my knees while shaking uncontrolably! I'm still feeling out of sorts with this head cold and really did not feel strong at all today. I did as well as I could though.

Debbie - you use some really heavy weights! yikes! You really are Crazy Strong! :)

Those of you doing STS, What are your thoughts on the first 4 weeks so far?

I viewed quite a few of them this weekend and I must say, the leg workouts looks ridiculous. I don't mean to be rude about this, not at all, but it just looks more like a cardio workout then a leg workout. Are you getting sore doing these leg workouts?

The upper body stuff looks good. I like most of the exercises she does and I am impressed with the way each of her crew member looks. Nice muscle tone, muscle size and low body fat.

I really want to give this a shot when I'm done with my rotation, but I'm just not sure I'd like all that endurance stuff.

Debbie - I am just starting week 3 of STS. The leg workouts do get you huffing and puffing and the cardio factor does kick in a little bit. However, my legs were super, super sore after I did the first leg workout. Last week I just had some minor DOMS. I probably could have gone heavier to feel more intense DOMs, but I wanted to walk the next day...

As far as the upper body - I haven't had really bad DOMs at all so far with them. (not like I had when doing your Dec. Rotation!) But they are using some lighter weights so maybe that is why...

Hi girls,

I am done with disc 4!

Debbie, I don't get sore from the STS leg workout. Except my butt, not sure why?:D I know some people get sore for day's, I am not sore at all. I hope Meso 2 and 3 will change that, I will see! I did lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks:eek: When are you gonna start STS?

Off to the shower!

Hi everyone. I did Disc 7 this morning. Can she come up with anymore ways to do pushups?????? Those front presses after the drop set of pushups just about did me in. And then I did the medicine ball abs and my shoulders were soooo tired.

We got 6 inches of snow here in South Carolina last night so pretty much everything is closed today. WEW HEW!!!

Debbie-I got some DOMS from the leg workouts and I think it's from those paper plate moves. My butt is still sore from Friday. The main thing that I'm noticing with STS is that I'm tired all the time. Do you think it's because I have never done an endurance workout before????

Have a good day,
Bev

Hi everyone. I did Disc 7 this morning. Can she come up with anymore ways to do pushups?????? Those front presses after the drop set of pushups just about did me in. And then I did the medicine ball abs and my shoulders were soooo tired.

We got 6 inches of snow here in South Carolina last night so pretty much everything is closed today. WEW HEW!!!

Debbie-I got some DOMS from the leg workouts and I think it's from those paper plate moves. My butt is still sore from Friday. The main thing that I'm noticing with STS is that I'm tired all the time. Do you think it's because I have never done an endurance workout before????

Have a good day,
Bev

Could be, Bev. Maybe add some extra carbs in your diet.

Hey guys..

I'm on "Recovery Week" after Mesocycle #1. I woke up with a crappy headache (worked overnights Sat & Sun at the hospital). So I took 3 advil gels, did my Neti pot, and then did 30 minutes of Power Half Hour Stretch. It felt good, but my body was pretty stiff.

My headache is slowly melting away.

Debbie...I got MAJOR DOMS from the legs in the first Mesocycle. Mostly in my quads and buttocks. I agree, i think it was a lot of the plate moves that did it. The last leg week though, wasn't quite as bad. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised at how much you like THIS Endurance rotation. It's not about burning it with tons of repetitions and low ends etc etc. Cathe gets in and gets out and you lift heavy and move from one exercise to the next.

Better get myself in the shower so I can make supper for the fam!

Hi everyone!:)

I finished my workout so I'm checking in early today.;)

Today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 1= 35 min
Distance= 2.35 miles
75% of Max HR= 135 BPM for 16 min
80% of Max HR= 144 BPM for 4 min
85% of Max HR =154 BPM for 20 sec.
Then 4 min 30 sec cool down bringing HR to 117-126 BPM- 70%-65%.

STS-Meso1, Wk3, Disc 7 = 55 min
Calories Burned= 451
week 2 of lifting 65% of 1 RM. Its feels challenging but doable easier than last week at least for me it seemed that way.

Ok, now for the tough stuff for me on this workout- Elmo style pushups on stability ball. Not good for someone with balance challenge issues (MS) but I did try them. I resorted to doing pushups on the floor from my knees. I don't have the upperbody strength to do them on the ball from my toes. I'm working on it though, one day I'll get it. Then, the other biggie was straddle pushups again same issue with not being able to do them from my toes lack of upper body strength to go down as low as the gang. So, I modified these and did them on the floor from my knees. Now, I do have to say I love Staggered pushups those I really feel. Again, I did modify and do them on the floor from my knees and that worked great. I found that 65% of 1RM was dead on. At first you don't see why that's so important to do those back on Disc 1 but I can see it now. Its so awesome and its a way to challenge you at your level without getting crazy and lifting way too heavy for you at this time, or keep you from not challenging your self at all. This is awesome because it will really build muscle strength and endurance and make you improve and increase wts, gradually at weight that is specific to you and your abilities. Its not about keeping up with what Cathe and gang lifts its about working and challenging you to new levels. I love that!!! I really am loving STS. Who knew lifting weights heavy style would be so much fun.:D You know this is so much fun that even couch potatoes will be wanting to try it. Shush! You didn't hear me say that. This is our little secret right? ;) That cardio and weight training is fun! :D:p

Then came STS Ab Circuits= Medicine Ball Abs- used #8 med ball/used gloves this helped me grip the med ball better. Calories Burned-= 61 Time- 10 min.

I really love STS and recommend it highly. Its effective and is set up to be specific to you. CatheTV is awesome giving excellent tips etc...

Ok, that's it for me today. I hope everyone had a great workout day. :)

Hugs!:)

Nora

STS Disc 4 Chest, Shldr, Bi

Hey everyone just checking in. I did my thing this morning is all I can say. I hope everyone is having great workouts. My eating was off last week. I am trying to get back.

Debbie, with legs last week I guess I was like some others. I felt it in my butt the most and my hamstrings. I never felt any soreness in my quads at all. I am not feeling upper body much either. Right now I can feel back some but nothing major. Maybe because there were several exercises that I didn't complete 1rms. I was so anxious to start. I am only in the beginning of the series though so I imagine it will pick up. I will probably have to go back and really complete the necessary 1rms before going through this again.

Everyone have a great night cya tomorrow. Off to bed I go.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.