CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT FOR JUNE 28, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I had a fantasic weekend. Great company and food:p And we had wonderful weather.

Today I will take my dogs for a walk first, it's getting to hot to walk them in the afteroon, than I off to D 7 (chest, shoulders & biceps).

Have a wonderful Monday and workout! BBL!

This week is my active recovery week so I'll be doing cardio Mon., Wed. & Friday. I'll be taking the rest of the days off. Meso 2 starts next Monday. :eek:

Today was Cardio Coach #1. Had a BLAST! It has been so long since I've done my beloved CC workouts. Hip flexor was fine but last week when I got on my treadmill it was really tight for a few days after again. At least it didn't hurt while running this morning. And I did very well with this workout. I don't even feel like I haven't done them in so long. I was right back to running the speeds I was running before so that felt great!

HR STATS:
37 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
10 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
306 calories burned
A little over 2 miles travelled

My mom should be back home this Friday! I cannot wait! She is doing so well!

Last edited:
Belinda - sounds like your weekend was fantastic! Good for you...:D

Debbie - YAY on your Mom coming home on Friday! And YAY on getting back to your CC workouts...:D V1 is becoming one of my faves. I do not like the 20 second hills in challenge 1 though. I feel like no sooner do I get my resistance back up to where it needs to be, it's over. I've started doing sprints instead of hills on challenge 1 and hills instead of sprints on challenge 2.

I don't think I posted all weekend...sorry ladies! Saturday I did CCV8, challenges 1 & 3 and CTX Biceps. Increased my weights and was really feeling it yesterday. Yesterday was an unplanned rest day for me, but I enjoyed it. Tonight is cardio (not sure what yet) and CTX Tri's and Chest.

So as of this Friday, we are on vaca...:D:):D:). I don't come back to work until July 13th...:eek: I was planning on it being a rest/active recovery week, but I'm still undecided. I can definetly get through the week without doing weight work, but not sure if I can get by with no cardio. I might start kibby-ing...;)

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is CLX Burn Circuit 1 this is the last week for this phase then onto the Push Phase. I am absolutely starving this morning don't know what that is all about. I need everyone to keep their fingers crossed for DD she has a job interview today and she hasn't been having any luck.

Debbie-yeah for CC glad you got to do one without pain.

Belinda-we are going to have a hot day today and then its suppose to cool down.

Hi ladies. I missed posting yesterday. It was legs followed by 2 of the combos from MMA boxing and abs. Legs went like this: supersets, 3 sets of 8 reps:

SS#1
Squats - 80# (I know I can go heavier, but I am working on form)
Plie squats - 80#

SS#2
Static lunges - #50 (I know I can go heavier, but I am working on form)
Calf raises (I did 15 reps for these) - 100#

SS#3
Step ups - 14" step, 50#
Deadlifts - 2 30's

Slide back rear lunge (using paper plate and dumbbells, 2 sets of 8 reps as straight set) - 12's
Weight donkey kicks - 2 sets of 16 reps - 8#

Today will be back and biceps. I should have time to get those done at lunch and then I'll likely do a kickboxing after work.

Debbie - good job with the run! So glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Hey ladies - I was MIA this weekend, tried to stay as disconnected as possible. Hope you don't mind. :) It was a fantastic weekend - hit the beach on Friday (as you know) and again on Saturday before heading to my friends' husband's 30th birthday bash which was pure chaos but a TON of fun. In between all of that, I managed another LONG run on Saturday AM (need to clock it still but somewhere in the 7.5 mile range, burned over 800 cals which I loved to see, ha!) and Sunday I did STS legs (m2 still) and abs (stability ball abs).

Today - I ran about five miles this AM with the hubs. It was already SUPER muggy out so we ran a little bit slower but it was a great way to start the day. It's too bad it's only Monday, I'm already dying for the weekend again. :/

Anyway, seems like some great workouts up in here!
Belinda - have fun with D7 today! Glad you had a great weekend!
Debbie - so glad to hear your mom is doing well! And agree with you and your excitement with meso 2 coming up - LOVE that phase!!
Melissa - sooo jealous of your pending vaca. I have one coming in mid-July and can hardly wait. Are you doing anything special while off from work?
Roxie - starving huh? You need to fuel that body and DRINK WATER!! That's an order. ;-)
Heather - nice job on your workout yesterday and your plans for today sound great. What kickboxing workout will you do tonight?

Hi to Chris, my sis, who else am I missing??

Melissa - sooo jealous of your pending vaca. I have one coming in mid-July and can hardly wait. Are you doing anything special while off from work?

A whole lot of nothing for this vaca, Jessica, and I am so looking forward to it. We'll probably go to the beach a few times, hang out in the backyard. We are going to Disney in late August so that will be something else to look forward too!!! Oh, and of course there is the Cathe RT sandwiched in the middle there. Which I consider a mini-I.LUV.ME-vaca...:cool:

WOW, I just realized that I am going to have an AWESOME summer!!!!

How about you? Do you have any plans for your vaca in mid-July?

A whole lot of nothing for this vaca, Jessica, and I am so looking forward to it. We'll probably go to the beach a few times, hang out in the backyard. We are going to Disney in late August so that will be something else to look forward too!!! Oh, and of course there is the Cathe RT sandwiched in the middle there. Which I consider a mini-I.LUV.ME-vaca...:cool:

WOW, I just realized that I am going to have an AWESOME summer!!!!

How about you? Do you have any plans for your vaca in mid-July?

Those are the BEST kinds of vaca!!

I'm taking the week of July 19 off - will spend part of it at our family lakehouse in Maine which is always an amazing, relaxing time. Lots of sitting around, sunning by the lake, jet skiing and time with gram and gramp :)

And then, before we know it, the RT will be here!!! I am so excited...I gotta get shopping ;-)

I am done with STS Meso 1, Disc 7, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, I also did the extended stretch.

Crossover Pushups - 16 reps on my toes!
Standing Overhead Press - 19's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 15's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 12's/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 45#/10 reps
Elmo Pushups on Stability Ball – 15 reps
Standing Barbell Front Raise - 45#/15 reps
Seated Incline Hammer Curls - 15's/15 reps
Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 18's/15 reps
Seated Overhead Press - 18's/15 reps
One Arm Preacher Curl On SB - 18#/15 reps
Pushups - Standard – 8 on my knees
Pushups - Wide – 8 on my knees
Pushups - Standard – 20 on my knees
Alternating Seated Overhead Press - 16's/15 reps
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls - 41#/15 reps
Chest Flyes on Stability Ball - 21's/15 reps
Lateral Side to Front Combo - 14's/8
Incline Band Hammer Curls - Green band/32 reps
Straddle Pushups - 18 Reps on my knees
Side Leaning Lateral Raise – 11’s#/15 reps
Seated Alternating Curls & Both Arms - 15's/16 reps
Staggered Pushups - 16 reps
Bow & Arrow w/Band - Green band/19 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Curl - 45#/21's
Pushups Drop Sets - 14 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 12 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 10 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 8 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 6 reps on my knees
Standing Upright Barbell Rows - 45#/15 reps
Alternating Standing Curls then both arms - 18's/16 reps
Pushups - 21's on my knees
Standing Barbell Front Press - 35#/21's
Narrow Grip Barbell Curl - 45#/21's I almost didn’t made it on the last 3 reps!

Debbie - glad to hear your mom is coming home Friday, yeah! I am also glad CCV1 didn't caused you any problems today.

Melissa - where are you going? Take some time off, you deserve it!

Roxie - keeping my fingers crossed too;) have fun with your wo tonight.

Jessica - your vacation sounds so nice! How exciting! Glad you had fun at the beach this weekend. I am jealous!

Heather - awesome job on your workouts yesterday. Have fun with your KB wo today.

Nora - do you have Amy Bent's Rumble/ Hi-Lo Dome Challenge and All Pump? If so, what do you think?

I to everyone that follows today, I will be back later!

Last edited:
NICE work on those on-your-toes crossover pushups!!!

I am done with STS Meso 1, Disc 7, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, I also did the extended stretch.

Crossover Pushups - 16 reps on my toes!
Standing Overhead Press - 19's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 15's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 12's/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 45#/10 reps
Elmo Pushups on Stability Ball – 15 reps
Standing Barbell Front Raise - 45#/15 reps
Seated Incline Hammer Curls - 15's/15 reps
Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 18's/15 reps
Seated Overhead Press - 18's/15 reps
One Arm Preacher Curl On SB - 18#/15 reps
Pushups - Standard – 8 on my knees
Pushups - Wide – 8 on my knees
Pushups - Standard – 20 on my knees
Alternating Seated Overhead Press - 16's/15 reps
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls - 41#/15 reps
Chest Flyes on Stability Ball - 21's/15 reps
Lateral Side to Front Combo - 14's/8
Incline Band Hammer Curls - Green band/32 reps
Straddle Pushups - 18 Reps on my knees
Side Leaning Lateral Raise – 11’s#/15 reps
Seated Alternating Curls & Both Arms - 15's/16 reps
Staggered Pushups - 16 reps
Bow & Arrow w/Band - Green band/19 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Curl - 45#/21's
Pushups Drop Sets - 14 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 12 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 10 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 8 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 6 reps on my knees
Standing Upright Barbell Rows - 45#/15 reps
Alternating Standing Curls then both arms - 18's/16 reps
Pushups - 21's on my knees
Standing Barbell Front Press - 35#/21's
Narrow Grip Barbell Curl - 45#/21's I almost didn’t made it on the last 3 reps!

Debbie - glad to hear your mom is coming home Friday, yeah! I am also glad CCV1 didn't caused you any problems today.

Melissa - where are you going? Take some time off, you deserve it!

Roxie - keeping my fingers crossed too;) have fun with your wo tonight.

Jessica - your vacation sounds so nice! How exciting! Glad you had fun at the beach this weekend. I am jealous!

Heather - awesome job on your workouts yesterday. Have fun with your KB wo today.

Nora - do you have Amy Bent's Rumble/ Hi-Lo Dome Challenge and All Pump? If so, what do you think?

I to everyone that follows today, I will be back later!

Back from lunch weights. I did back and bicep today as supersets. 3 sets of 8:

SS#1
Pullovers - 30#
Alternating bicep curls - 20's

SS#2
Double-arm rows - 31's
Cross-body bicep curls - 16's (up 1#)

SS#3
Single-arm horizontal rows - 26
Incline bicep curls - 16's

I also did 2 sets of 16 reps of lat pull downs with blue band and one set of 21's with 15's

Not sure which kicboxing DVD I will do. Likely MMA, but I may go for MMA Boxing. We'll see. I have a few hours to decide :D

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Hey girls!
Nice workouts today! VERY impressive weights!! Gosh, if ever I need motivation, I just need to read about your workouts!

Today , as always, is busy for me, in between coming off my weekends of working nights and little sleep. I did do TURBO FIRE 30, again, which I loved, AGAIN! Though my HR went even higher, since I'm pretty fatigued with just a few hours sleep. I followed that with 4DS Shoulders, Calves and Core! I tried to go a big heavier on some of the exercises, and really got a GOOD burn in my shoulders! I'm not a huge fan of working my calves, but I did do it. And of course, CORE! Abs day #1!! I'm planning on 3 again.

I can't wait for our vacation either. It's so hard because I'm off with the boys by myself all week, and my DH works and sleeps all week. very little family time.

We're planning on the beach too. Hampton Beach in NH! I love that place. Anyone familiar with it? We're going to stay most of the week, and I wondered what other attractions/activities there were around that area besides the beach? Anyone? Or I'll just check it out online too!

Better get going...

Good Evening,

Did CLX Burn Circuit 1. I to have a vacation coming up on the 12th but the bosses leave next week for Colorado for the week so it will almost be a 2 week vacation.
Stats:
Sumo Squat w/ Hip Lift-15lbs/12 reps (up 3lbs.)
Lunge w/ Posterior Fly-10lbs/12 reps (up 2lbs). Both legs
Pushup with Leg lift-12 reps. on knees.
Dead Lift w/ Posterior Fly-10lbs/10reps (up 2lbs).
Lunge w/ Core Rotation-15lbs/12 reps (up 3lbs). On Both Legs
Bench Press & Leg Lower-10lbs/12reps.
Squat w/ Side Bend-15lbs/12 reps (up 3lbs).
Fwd-Lean Lunge w/ Posterior Fly-8lbs/6 reps on each leg.
Chest Fly w/ Hip Lift-12lbs/12reps (up 2lbs).

37 min
24 in the zone
128 min hr
162 max hr
206 cals burned.

Hi girls!;)

Yeah! My Turbo Fire arrived today, and my other AeroBox Savage and Serene, Michale Olajide Killer Abs, and Bob Harper's Dvd's. So needless to say I'm in workout love with all goodies.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire - Fire 30( New to Class)=43 Min
Calories burned= 499
Tons' of fun I was a little rusty on my turbo jam skills so I did the new to the class option, which is the same as Fire 30, but just has the breakdown of all the moves and Chalene explains it all first, then does it slow, then does it for real.

Turbo Fire- Stretch 10= 13 Min
Calories burned= 35

The Complete Squeeze W/O - Full body- Just legs and abs only= 25 Min
Calories burned= 164
Squeeze is awesome with little equipment and great muscle isolations and pulses its challenging. It does have you use small dumbells like 1-3lb pairs max, a chair with a back on it, and a playground ball. You definitely feel this workout and it sneaks up on ya.

KCM-30 Min to Fitness Muscle Definition - Workout #1= 41 min
Calories burned= 336
Fun weight work with different techniques than I've seen before, its always fun with KCM.

Total calories burned= 1034;)

I really love Turbo Fire, the music is awesome and makes you want to move, and Chalene's just fun and her usual ball of energy. I only got the basic set, I have a feeling I might just have to go back and get the deluxe dvd's only set.

I'll be back for personals in a little while, seeya then.;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

;)Hi girls!

I'm back for personals.

Debbie-Awesome job on CC1 and hip flexor did ok with running! That's great, I'm happy for you I know that the hip flexor thing has been a pain. I'm happy to hear that your mom is doing better and will be home on Friday.:)Congrats!

Melissa- Nice job on Saturdays workout of CCV8, challenges 1 & 3 and CTX Biceps and you even went heavier on the weights too! Bravo!! I hope your having a great monday!;) Ooh, you mentioned a vaca, or planning one. Whatever the case have an awesome time and have a blast on the Cathe
RT you have sandwiched in there. I can imagine you beaming and grinning ear to ear.

Roxie- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your DD on her job interview. I'm sure she'll do great!;) So, tonight you said you'd do CLX Burn Circuit that sounds fun, I love circuit workouts. Have a blast with that. I just got Turbo Fire today and I ordered just the basic set, I think I'll have to go back and order the Deluxe set of just the dvds only. Its that good and that fun! Turbo Fire is definitely a heart pounding sweatfeast which is awesome but is just a little lower level cardio intensity than Insanity I'd say. Insanity workouts are about 10-11.50-12.0 met wise. I'd say Turbo Fire is about a 9.0 so far and I'm sure there are 10.0's further into it. But its less impact than insanity so its much more joint friendly I'd say. I'm lovin' it so far. Have a great evening!;)

Heather- Impressive workout yesterday with MMA Boxing, Abs, and awesome legwork! You mentioned you were planning to do some Kickboxing today and back and biceps. Sounds like a recipe for success;) I hope you had a great workout, and I'm sure you rocked it like you usually do.;):cool:

Jessica- It sounds like you had a slammin' weekend WTG, I think you needed the R & R! Nice run today for you and your hubby five miles is really great, and in muggy temps, your my hero. WTG!!!

Belinda- Hey girl!;) Your are amazing with doing STS rounds. Great job on STS Meso 1, Disc 7, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps today! You rock girlfriend!:eek: Bravo, on pushups from toes, I don't know if that's a new accomplishment for you but that definitely is for me. To answer your question about the following Amy Bento Dvd's :

If I have Amy Bent's Rumble/ Hi-Lo Dome Challenge and All Pump, yep I have them all and some others of hers aswell. They are all great but each has an entirely different focus or purpose. Rumble is a boxing workout that focuses on punching and kicking. It can be done with a free standing heavy bag as Amy does in it or without. I don't have a heavy bag of any kind but I do have 1lb, weighted gloves I wear when I do it. Its not the usual amy style as its slower more about perfecting form than an intense cardio workout. ITs still good just different than her other stuff. Hi-Lo Dome challenge is probably the best of her Hi/Lo no equipment workouts that she's done, so far. Not counting the two new workouts she just filmed, I don't know what they look like. The Hi- Lo Dome workout is mainly just Hi-Lo cardio and its awesome, and so much fun I recommend it. The dome part is only 25 minutes or so as a separate section on the dvd. I have Amy's two strength Dvd's Slo-Mo Challenge and All Pump and they are great. Some people have critcized that amy uses a lot of equipment in All pump but its really nothing more than what we use with any of cathe's dvd workouts. There is an awesome ab section on all pump that is done with gliders which is akin to weights and plates abs from STS Ab circuits and that rocks. I really enjoy Amy's energy and fun factor and her choreography is always different and fresh so there's no boredom and the strength workouts are very good. I think you'd enjoy any of those workouts. I know I own them, LOL!! I just got my Bob Harper dvd collection today, I previewed the cardio one, wow its intense circuit with cardio factor but more weights emphasis, not STS heavy weights just circuit style. I got Turbo Fire basic set today, its great and easier on knees than Insanity. I love my insanity so don't get me wrong but that was a huge concern going into it with insanity and I always had to modify and be careful of that. Turbo Fire is fun and like Turbo Jam meets HiiT with a pinch of insanity thrown in. Its da bomb!!! I know you'd love it! I'm so terrible I'm such an enabler, I'm bad.:(:p I like Turbo Fire so much I'm thinking of saving to go back and order just the Deluxe set of Dvd's, its that fun and good.
Way to rock STS workout belinda!:):cool:

Ok, I just gotta say all you ladies are rockin' the weights today, WTG some serious weights ya all are lifting there, making me feel bad. Just kidding:p

Chris- I got my TF today!!!:eek::D I had so much fun with the workout. I sweated buckets. I love it, I think I might have to save up and go back to order the deluxe of dvds only. Its soo good don't you think and I love the separte stretch after, that was great too! I was going to ask what you were doing for strength workouts to do with TF. I see from your post your using 4DS for various mixes with working certain areas. I think I'll have to do that or alternate STS Meso 2 in there or something to keep the strength. Ooh, sounds awesome you mentioned having a vaca at NH beach. The beach is always fun and relaxing. Awesome workout today for you with TF and 4DS, sounds like a winning combination to me, WTG!!!:);)

Well, that's it for me today. I can't wait to do Turbo Fire tomorrow! Yes, I'm a workout junkie, LOL!!! Have a great evening girls, seeya at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Good evening,

Nora - WOW, on your workouts this evening:eek: Glad you enjoy your new goodies. Have fun! Advancedworkouts.com has a lot of Amy's Bento's DVD's on sale, I think I will order some! Thanks again;) Now I want all your new goodies too:confused:

Heather - impressive weights, girl! Enjoy your KB workout tonight.

Chris - glad you enjoy TURBO FIRE 30 today. I really want TF too:confused: Hampton Beach sounds wonderful, never been there! Need to check it out!Hope you get some alone time soon.

Roxie - awesome job with CLX Burn Circuit 1 today.

Thanks Jessica! Those are tough! Couldn't do another pushups on my toes after those, lol! My chest is fried!

Good night, everyone! See you all in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.