Crazy Strong and Loving It for Jun 8, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

Today is scheduled a rest day on Cahte’s 4DS rotation. Not sure if I will take one or do cardio today? I am still very tired, I am not getting enough sleep this day’s, for some reason I keep sleep at night. Maybe its age? Today I joined Face book, lol. I signed up on FB, 20 min. later I was already chatting with a friends. Funny!

Nora thanks for the info. WTG on your workout yesterday.

Rockie nice walk yesterday.

Have a healthy day! Eat clean. BBL!

Good morning ,

I went to the gym, I did CCV4:D I traveled over 4 miles.

I will get a nice stretch in today.

Have a great Monday:D BBL!

Hey Belinda! Glad you are back to your beloved CC workouts! :)

I started Cathe's June rotation. Today was Disc 1 and I know we've all said it before but holy pushups! Wow, I almost forgot. And they don't get easier! Blah! But it was a great workout. I still have 30 minutes of steady state cardio to do- my mom is coming over to workout and we'll take turns with the kids, so I'll do it then. I'll have more energy for it if I wait a bit anyway! :eek:

And I weighed myself. What the heck have I been thinking?! Anyway, so completely back on the eating well bandwagon. I will not let my fitness and hard work go out the door for the sake of a brownie (or two). :)

Have a great day everyone!

Today is Week 5 of my rotation. Back to Straight and Drop sets. Worked Back and Biceps today and had a great workout. My biceps are still shaking.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

BACK
T-Bar Row:
60# - 8/8/8
***Could have gone heavier.

Dumbbell Pullovers:
40# - 10/10/10
***Probably could have gone heavier but this weight felt pretty good.

**Double-Arm Rows:
25's - 12/12/12
20's - 10
15's - 12
12's - 12
***Got a good burn with this drop set. Last 4 sets had no rest in between.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl:
60# - 8/8/8
***Struggled with this today. Not sure why. I was glad to make 8 reps with each set.

Pinwheels:
15# - 10/10/10
***Haven't done these in a long time. This is a good exercise to work the head of the bicep. Really felt it.

**Incline Dumbbell Curls:
20's - 12/12/12
15's - 8
12's - 10
10's - 12
***Wow, this one got me. On my 3rd set of 20's I almost didn't make 12 reps. Then when I went to 15's my bi's just wanted to say STOP! Great burn here.

That is all...

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Tonite is Lean Circuit 1.

Belinda-if losing 5lbs sounds easy trust me I have been trying to lose these for 1 year and they are still there.

Patti-good job on your workout and I am with you on the eating bandwagon.

Debbie-great workout as always.

HI everyone. I did Disc 34 Chest and Back this morning. This is my final week of STS. I will miss it but feel like I need a break from it. I feel like all of my other workouts are sitting in the cabinet crying for me to grab them! lol

Nora-I feel your pain on having the barbell that is threaded. That was such a pain in STS wasn't it? I finally got to the point where I could just throw plates on the bar outside of the collar and they didn't come off!

Debbie-do you have to go lower in weights when you do incline dumbbell curls as compared to concentration curls?

Patti-did you watch the video of last year's RT? I was shocked when I watched because I'm in there in my pj's. You are going to LOVE the pajama party!

Belinda-I've been tempted to join Facebook just to keep up on the Cathe news and now you are tempting me more.

Roxie-I know what you mean about losing 5 pounds! It sounds like such a small amount doesn't it???

Well time to get busy and be constructive today. Have a good day and good workouts everyone.

Bev

Debbie-do you have to go lower in weights when you do incline dumbbell curls as compared to concentration curls?
Bev

Inclines put more of a strain on your biceps because you are leaning back so yes, I go lower with weights with that exercise then concentration curls.

Incline dumbbell curls

Debbie-THANK YOU for telling me that! I can't go as high on those as my concentration curls and I thought I was being a wimp! You just made my day!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zucchini Lasagna; Kiwi
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. Low Sugar Strawberry jam
M6: Parmesan Talapia; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake

1445 calories
41 g. fat - 26%
138 g. protein - 38%
136 g. carbs - 38%

Checking in -

Today was legs. I did a plyo workout I got from Figure Athlete. I may incorporate this into my 4DS rotation this month in place of my heavy leg day. Running/sprints for my other leg/cardio day. I want to see what kind of shape my legs MAY take on by holding back heavy leg weight work.
I have a little DOMS from my upper premix from yesterday.
Enjoy your day!

Hey Girls!

Late post for me today, it's been a busier than usual Monday...

I did an intermediate Circuit workout I have, because I DON'T have Cathe's "Body Fusion". I did a Total Body Circuit from Kathy Smith's Project: YOU. It was fun "working out with Kathy" again! LOL!. I used a LOT heavier weights than they did, but it wasn't the most challenging workout. Okay for me, since today I just got 3 hours sleep after working overnights Sat & Sun.

I'm finally seeing some improvements, the scale is down a few pounds and my scrub pants were looser last night! Yay!!! I think I like switching things up with circuits.. ALOT!

Belinda: Cool you're back on CC!! How is your head feeling?

Patti: I know I've definitely been in your shoes before. After a week or so of "off eating" . You'll get it back! Just a tiny speed bump!! .. You have me wondering if I want to do Cathe's June Rotation next ... hmmmmm... This is my last week of Circuit City.

Bev: Last week of STS!! You go!!!

Debbie: Stellar weight work, as always!

Wendy: I can't pinpoint what the reason is this month, maybe laying off the heavy weights on my legs and running 1-2 times a week, but my legs/hips/butt are slimming out a LITTLE more. Which is what I need and want!!

Here are my workouts stats:

Biceps Curl with Calf Raise-10lbs/24reps up 2lbs then did 6 slow reps
Triceps Pushup-12reps on knees then did 6 slow 12lb overhead extensions
Split Lunge with Biceps Curl-12lbs/12reps 3 slow squats up 2lbs
Triceps Extension in Runners Lunge-8lbs/12reps
Biceps Curl with Hamstring Curl-12lbs-24reps up 2lbs 4 slow curls
Plank with Triceps Extension 10lbs/24reps up 5lbs 3 hoover tricep pushups
Revers Lunge with Double Biceps Curl-10lbs/12reps 15lb slow squats
Supine Triceps Hover-15lbs/12reps up 3lbs 3 tricep pushups on toes
Sumo Squat Calf Raise with Biceps Curl-10lbs/10reps 3 slow bicep curls

44min
19 in the zone
121min hr
164 max hr
222 cals burned.

Hi girls, happy Monday!

I did finish my workout around 1:15 pm my time so I did do it. I just couldn't post until now.

Here's today's workout:

Jillian Michaels Lose Weight iFit card- Level 2, Week 3,Program 1, plus 5min power walking in addition= 30 min + 5 minutes= 35 minutes total.
Distance= 2.60
Calories burned= 446
BPM's= 111,141,144,148,151,153,128,112= Warm up through to Cool down.
57% to 83% of my Max Heart rate.

STS Disc# 35 Plyo Leg= 49 minutes
I could do this even the higher impact moves, so I guess that means my knees are better!
Calories burned= 401

STS Ab Circuits= Med Ball abs= 10 min
Calories burned= 62

Oh man, this was a tough workout for me today. I sweated so much I was soaked like I took a shower with my workout clothes on, now that's a workout!:p I was drink water like there was no tomorrow.

Great job Belinda- I love CC, Debbie enabled me and got me addicted, so I blame her!:p LOL!!!

Debbie- you are always awesome with your workouts. You encourage me to keep on lifting weights so I can someday hope to lift what you and cathe do. :)

Patti- I'm doing Cathe's June rotation, this is the start of week two for me. Be warned though not to go as heavy as you can in STS Meso 3. You'll need to remember that it is Muscle endurance in Meso 1, which mean lower wt, than you can do now and more reps. I didn't have that realization until after I did the first workout of June's rotation, Yikes!! But, I'm sure your smarter than I am and already know this. Have a great workout!!!!:)

Auntie Bev= WTG! on your workout keep up the great work!

Roxie- Good for you on Chalene Xtreme's cardio. That's great. I have all of her Turbo Jam series, they are fun and I enjoy them. I might have to dig them out again and give them a try.

Hugs ladies!;)
Nora

Well, WTG! On all of our Mondays workouts~~;):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.