Crazy Strong and Loving It for Jun 18, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning ladies,

I will do UB workout today:D My legs are super sore today!

Have a wonderful day and workout!

Good Morning,

This morning I did Lean Circuit 2 and tonite I will do Burn Interval and abs. Here are my stats:

Sumo Squat with Anterior Deltoid Lift-12lbs/12reps
Double Arm Row with Single Leg Lift-15lbs/12reps up 3lbs
Single Hamstring Curl with Lateral Raise-8lbs/12reps
Runners Lunge with Double Arm Row-12lbs/12reps need to go heavier next time
Lateral Raise with Abduction-8lbs/10reps
Plank with Single Arm Row-10lbs/24reps up 2lbs
Reverse Lunge with Lateral Raise-5lbs/24reps
Posterior Deltoid Raise with Leg Lift-5lbs/24reps
Squat with Double Arm Anterior Delt Lift-5lbs/12reps up 2 reps

39 min
34 in the zone
139min hr
173 max hr
255 cals burned.

The Planks were hard to do Puppy sitting and he wanted to play.

Good morning everyone. I did Amy Bento's kickbox surge for the 2nd time this morning. I decided to just attempt the first combo and do all of the surges since that first one just messes me up! It seems like it takes me 3 times to get any workout down so next time will be the charm. I love the music on this workout and the surges really get my heart rate up.

Belinda-don't you love when you feel like your legs got a good workout????

Roxie-good workout. What kind of puppy do you have?

Nora-I know that you said you have done Kickbox Surge alot. Were you able to do combo 1 right away? I bow down to you if you did!!!!! The TaeBo workout that I did yesterday was TaeBo Live Advanced #5. There is quite a bit of floor work in there so I like to pull that one out every once in a while. I didn't get the Transformation workouts either and I was in the infomercial for it! lol

Debbie-question for you. I think my legs are a bit leaner now after doing STS so I think my theory that the barbell was making my legs bulk is true. So now should I just go lighter on my barbell when I do use it for legs? I know that I need to use it to work my butt. Luckily I have the weighted vest which I think helps my butt.

Wendy-so glad you had a nice visit with your dad. I plan to do 4DS next week since I'll be a bit messed up with doing the NYC workout.

Chris-how is your son today? Are you going to be able to go on vacation next week?

Patti-have you bought any new workout clothes for the RT yet?

Karen-glad you had a nice anniversary.

Has the recipe for chicken vegetable stew that was in Oxygen been posted yet? I have been alternating between that one and the cashew butter one and I love them both. I would be happy to post it if it hasn't been on here before.

Have a great day ladies.
Bev

Bev the puppy is part begal part welsh corgie. He is 1 year old and belongs to my youngest dd, she went up to help her cousin get ready for her wedding Saturday.

Morning! I just finished 4DS KB in its entirety. I must admit that I've never done a 4DS workout straight through as designed. It was fun- added in calves since she works legs but not the calves.

Bev: How cool you were in an informercial! I have a few new pairs of pants from Athleta and a few new tanks. But I keep wearing the tanks so I guess they aren't new. :p I need some cute PJs for the evening stretch- do people really wear PJs?? Are you getting excited for NY? I wish I could go and meet you there!

Hi Roxie and Belinda!

I made this last night- it was a little different but good. I think it needs a little more sauce or something, but otherwise tasty and a good way to get in veggies.

Mexican Broccoli Casserole

1 package of Kroger Organic Fresh Broccoli, lightly steamed and chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes- Mexican Lime and Cilantro
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 can green chile enchilada sauce (Old El Paso Mild)
1 ½ cups fat free mozzarella cheese (180 grams)
½ cup onion, chopped
Garlic
8 corn tortillas (Kroger taco size)

Saute onion and garlic in Pam unless softened. Mix in bowl with broccoli, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro. Pour a bit of sauce in bottom of 9x13 glass pan- put down 4 tortillas. Spread half broccoli mixture over it and a bit more sauce; put down other 4 tortillas, then rest of mixture and rest of sauce. Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes.

Other ideas: Add red pepper, cumin, lime juice or other spices.

Stats for whole dish:
1284 cal/ 207 carbs / 13 fat / 91 protein / 43 fiber

If serving 4:
321 cal / 52 carbs / 3 fat / 23 protein / 11 fiber

Patti-yes most people wore pj's. Cathe had really cute ones on from Victoria Secret. If you watch the video from last year it shows part of the pajama party. I'm the one in the aqua pants that is bent over! haha Just make sure you get comfy ones that you can stretch in.

The best advice I can give you for the classes is to get in front or you won't be able to hear Cathe!!!!

I wish you could go to NYC too. I would love to meet you.

Hi everyone, had to take my mom in today for catarac eye surgery, so no workout for me. I should have done it before I came into work but if I don't do it first thing, I just have no ambition to do it at all. Oh well. I'll skip a cardio workout this week. No biggie.

Back to work.... I'm so far behind!

Bev - Yep, just go light with barbell let work.

Late check in today for me. I was soooo busy, because Dh was home and I did a lot of errands while he stayed home with Zach.

He continues to do better. I do think the Tamiflu is helping. Still coughing and wiped out and lack of appetite (actually CHANGE in appetite, he still eats pretty good, just no seconds, thirds, fourths like my usual 13 yr old!). No one else is showing symptoms *knock on wood*!!

I came home and did a "Long Cardio Challenge" I saw in one of Cathe's rotations, since I missed my cardio on Tues. I did LowMax (WITH wicked DOMS in my buttocks from Lalofit yesterday!), followed by the Step portion of SJP! It was 90 minutes, .... lucky thing SJP Step is a fun one with fun music!! (and not hugely intense either).

Roxie: The puppy and planks sounds fun! Good workout today!

Nora: Funny about your 13 yr old. Luckily me and mine have similar music tastes. he's got into Rock Band and Guitar Hero, which has a lot of classic rock on it, so we are in sync there! ... but other things... I used to be his "idol" and he loved me at school. Now he wants me no where NEAR his friends or school :(. You are still kicking butt on your workouts!!

Bev: Someone else on another check in did Amy's KB Surge today! It sounds tough! Now how the heck did you get to be in the informercial for Taebo and never get the workouts?? I was in an infomercial too!!!! For Kathy Smith's Project YOU from Beach Body. She flew me (and DH) out to LA to film it! ... OH! Definitely post that recipe!!!

Patti: I haven't done 4DS workouts in their entirety in a LONG time either!! I want to! That recipe looks good!!! I made a good one tonight, I'll have to post... it's a Weight Watchers one, called , Creamy Cheese Cappelinni. Ohhh it's so good!

Debbie: Hope your mom is doing ok! Is that a daystay surgery or does she stay overnight? I think you are FINE with skipping a cardio day!!!

Speaking of PJ's... time to put mine on!!!:eek:

Checking in -

How lucky are you, Bev, that you get to go to NYC and workout w/Cathe - have a blast! And you (and Patti) get to go to RT? Very nice.
And, hey, if any of you happens to have the '08 Suzuki motorcycle glossy brochure.... I'm the chick inside riding. There are girl(s) on the front cover, but I'm the only one inside riding.
Today I did my Figure Athlete plyo and C&W abs. Great workout.
Chris, glad to hear your son is coming along and everyone else feels good!
Debbie, I hope your mom recovers well, also.
Good times....

This was so good, and pretty easy! I used Whole Wheat Spaghetti, I'm not even sure what Capellini is! :p

Weight Watchers Creamy Cheese Capellini Recipe

15 min | 5 min prep

SERVES 4 , 1 1/4 cups per serving

1/2 lb whole wheat capellini
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 plum tomatoes, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
6 ounces baby spinach
1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cook the capellini according to package directions, omitting the salt if desired.
Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
While the water for the pasta is heating up, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the tomatoes and garlic.
Cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes are softened, about 2 minutes.
Add the spinach in batches, stirring just until each batch is wilted.
Add the capellini, reserved cooking liquid, cheeses and salt.
Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheeses are melted.
Serve at once.

PER SERVING (ABOUT 1 1/4 CUP):
338 CAL 4 G FAT, 1 G SAT FAT, 0 G TRANS FAT, 11 MG CHOL, 914 MG SOD, 53 G CARB, 6 G FIB, 26 G PROT, 422 MG CALC.

Finished IMax2 when I got home from work today. 417 calories burned. I love what STS has done for me - I can now easily click my heals on that 9th interval blast! yay!

Off to bed soon. BBT

Hi Girls!;)

I'm really tired today, plus I still got to shampoo the carpets, yikes!

Here's today's workout:

KCM-30 Min to Fitness Kickboxing-Knockout Mix= 53 Minutes
Calories burned= 507
I used my 1lbs weighted gloves too! This was a really fun workout and boy did I sweat like crazy.

Butts & Guts- Floorwork and Abs Premix= 49 minutes
Calories burned= 268

I do have a Heart rate monitor but it does not do calories burned, so I have to rely on what the workout manager says for my calories burned. I feel like I burned more calories than what is listed above. Oh well, it was a great workout.

Bev- I do love Amy's Kickbox Surge/Core Training- It took me three times through to get it pretty much. I still get a little tripped up a couple things, but for the most part it was fairly easy to learn. It helps knowing Amy's style having done some of her other workouts. No, I did not get it the first time through either, it usually takes me three times or so to really get a routine down. No worries about how many times to learn it, Amy is a energizer bunny so it takes a bit to get used to it and learn it. I have the added challenge of balance issues to contend with, but I still like to do kickboxing because it is a balance challenge and I need that to strengthen the muscles used for balance. I used to have really great balance but now that I have MS I have to work at balance and strength especially if I'm tired or too warm.

Belinda- Great job today!

Everyone else- Congrats on today's workouts, almost TGIF!!

Seeya all at tomorrow's check in!;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.