Crazy strong & loving it for July 29, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today 3 years ago, my mom passed away. I been having a rough time since yesterday. Too many memories! I miss her so much!

I will do legs today!

Have a wonderful day and workout! BBL!

Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Kickbox Challenge. Man did I have an excellent workout. I gave this my all and got my HR up to 154 bpm at one point. That's pretty good for me with a KB workout. I was sweating like crazy, kicking hard and punching like I was beating the crap out of my boss! LOL!

Felt great and I feel so good right now. LOVE the stretch part of this workout. Wish it was longer.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 2 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
17 minutes in zone
38 minutes above zone
488 calories burned

On Tracey's forum Josef posted that his workouts weren't going to done for a while. Not sure what the holdup is, but they will be done at some point. Just thought I'd let you know because I know some of you wanted to get them. I'm bummed. They were suppose to start filming in July. Oh well.... I'll post what he wrote later when I get a chance.

Belinda[/]b - I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose a parent, I miss my dad very much too. {{{hugs}}} girl!

Belinda - wow, my heart goes out to you. XO.

I did my "last chance" workout before the RT this morning! A 7ish mile run along the water with my sister and brother in law and my friend Steph - it started raining partway through but it felt good, since it was so humid!! I'm SO ready for the RT!! :D

Today is my rest day. Getting geared up for the RT festivities.

Belinda - I'll be thinking about you - big hugs!

Debbie - glad you had a good cardio session.

Jo - way to go with that run woohoo - kind of jealous actually. Isn't running in the rain really sort of fun????

I am totally freaking out today by the way - jitters, flying anxiety, packing panics......not sure I even need to be at work.

Good morning...

Belinda - so sorry you are having a rough time right now, but it's certainly understandable. Take care of yourself.

Debbie - I need some new kickbox dvd's. I'll have to check that out...

Jolene - nice job this morning. See ya tomorrow...:D

Heather - breathe in....breathe out. Try to enjoy your rest day. Although it sounds like you could use some boxing or something to shake those nerves...:eek:

Last night was legs...yowza. I am feeling it today. I was so stiff when I got up this morning that I ended up doing CCV8, challenge 2. The two dreaded 8 minute treks...:rolleyes:. My legs feel better though and it was just the right length, since I was running late.

Not sure what I'm going to do tonight. Maybe UB endurance, maybe just pace around the house like a nervous-nelly. That'll burn a few calories. Maybe I should take the advice I just gave Heather and shake those nerves with some kickboxing or HiiT....:p Don't want to go all-out though since I'm planning on getting up Friday morning and getting some cardio in before heading out.

Hi Jessica, Chris, Roxie & Nora!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is CLX Burn Intervals, and Extreme Abs. I am already tired of doing CLX and I have 1 more month to go.

Belinda-my heart goes out to you. Next Tuesday would have been my dads b-day. He has been gone 17 years but I still miss him like crazy.

Debbie-awesome workout.

Heather-go run around the block a couple of times to burn off some of that energy.

Melissa-way to go with your workout.

Nora-thank you for all your words of encouragement you make me feel good and you as always were amazing yesterday.
Jo-sounds like a nice run.

Last edited:
Look at you encouraging me to miss a rest day - for shame for shame LOL!!! You're seriously going to get in a workout tomorrow???? And I've been called nuts???? :eek:

Good morning...

Belinda - so sorry you are having a rough time right now, but it's certainly understandable. Take care of yourself.

Debbie - I need some new kickbox dvd's. I'll have to check that out...

Jolene - nice job this morning. See ya tomorrow...:D

Heather - breathe in....breathe out. Try to enjoy your rest day. Although it sounds like you could use some boxing or something to shake those nerves...:eek:

Last night was legs...yowza. I am feeling it today. I was so stiff when I got up this morning that I ended up doing CCV8, challenge 2. The two dreaded 8 minute treks...:rolleyes:. My legs feel better though and it was just the right length, since I was running late.

Not sure what I'm going to do tonight. Maybe UB endurance, maybe just pace around the house like a nervous-nelly. That'll burn a few calories. Maybe I should take the advice I just gave Heather and shake those nerves with some kickboxing or HiiT....:p Don't want to go all-out though since I'm planning on getting up Friday morning and getting some cardio in before heading out.

Hi Jessica, Chris, Roxie & Nora!

Look at you encouraging me to miss a rest day - for shame for shame LOL!!! You're seriously going to get in a workout tomorrow???? And I've been called nuts???? :eek:

I know, aren't I evil? :p

And yes, I'm seriously going to get in a workout tomorrow morning. I know I'm going to be up at the crack of dawn pacing the house anyway, so I'm thinking a little 30 minute CC on the bike should calm me down a little. Or at least take up some time!

Woooooo RT is almost here!! Like Jo - I got my run on this morning, rain and all too, Scott and I went a little bit farther than Jo and our friend Steph (mostly because we knew there was water up ahead and we were thirsty!) so we maybe ran 7.5 miles? Either way it felt really good - though now my legs are so sore, this may pose a problem come this weekend. ;)

Belinda - I'm so sorry about your mom, I can't even fathom losing mine. ((Hugs)) hang in there. And great workout btw.

Debbie - so you like that kickbox workout huh? I sooo wish you guys could try Group Kick, it seriously kills any other kickbox workout I've ever done. Too bad Cathe cant' do it. ;)

Heather - speaking of Group Kick, I'm bringing the first release we learned on so you can see what its all about, we'll pop it in the DVD player in the room, hehe. Good luck on that rest day - and don't worry, everything will be JUST FINE and just think, tomorrow we get to meet at last, yipee!!!

Melissa - ditto to you on that yippee, though its so silly we haven't yet met since we work so close to eachother, DUH!! Good luck fitting in a workout tonight and one tomorrow AM. Heather will laugh but I'll be doing a workout tomorrow AM too - and yes, that DOES qualify as crazy since we'll be kicking it with Cathe tomorrow night too. ;) Maybe spinning at her gym if we can fit into the class or some weights??

Roxie - so CLX you're getting bored of it? Is it boredom or you're just not loving it?

Woooooo RT is almost here!! Like Jo - I got my run on this morning, rain and all too, Scott and I went a little bit farther than Jo and our friend Steph (mostly because we knew there was water up ahead and we were thirsty!) so we maybe ran 7.5 miles? Either way it felt really good - though now my legs are so sore, this may pose a problem come this weekend. ;)

Belinda - I'm so sorry about your mom, I can't even fathom losing mine. ((Hugs)) hang in there. And great workout btw.

Debbie - so you like that kickbox workout huh? I sooo wish you guys could try Group Kick, it seriously kills any other kickbox workout I've ever done. Too bad Cathe cant' do it. ;)

Heather - speaking of Group Kick, I'm bringing the first release we learned on so you can see what its all about, we'll pop it in the DVD player in the room, hehe. Good luck on that rest day - and don't worry, everything will be JUST FINE and just think, tomorrow we get to meet at last, yipee!!!

Melissa - ditto to you on that yippee, though its so silly we haven't yet met since we work so close to eachother, DUH!! Good luck fitting in a workout tonight and one tomorrow AM. Heather will laugh but I'll be doing a workout tomorrow AM too - and yes, that DOES qualify as crazy since we'll be kicking it with Cathe tomorrow night too. ;) Maybe spinning at her gym if we can fit into the class or some weights??

Roxie - so CLX you're getting bored of it? Is it boredom or you're just not loving it?

Jessica-the warm is the same on every workout and so is the stretch. She talks alot and its just getting repetative I am seeing results lost and inch in the waist, hip, thighs, and calves.

Hi Girls!

Today I mixed it up a bit from the Turbo Fire schedule. I did PLB, Up Mix only which included the dreaded stability ball legs! :eek: And since I had the ball out I did Stability Ball Abs from Abs Circuit. I like this one, because she goes at a pace where I can actually DO the pikes. Plus she gives stretches for the wrists.

Belinda: ((hugs)) today. I understand, I felt that way on my dad's "anniversary". Nice workout though.

Good "get it all out" workout, Debbie!!!

Great workouts, road trippers!

Oh, and my homemade tomato sauce yesterday was DA BOMB! Loved it from scratch!!!

have a wonderful day, everyone!!:)

The pyramid workouts always get me period. Love them though. Yay on the sauce. I make my own and jar it. Yum yum.

Hi Girls!

Today I mixed it up a bit from the Turbo Fire schedule. I did PLB, Up Mix only which included the dreaded stability ball legs! :eek: And since I had the ball out I did Stability Ball Abs from Abs Circuit. I like this one, because she goes at a pace where I can actually DO the pikes. Plus she gives stretches for the wrists.

Belinda: ((hugs)) today. I understand, I felt that way on my dad's "anniversary". Nice workout though.

Oh, and my homemade tomato sauce yesterday was DA BOMB! Loved it from scratch!!!

Hi Girls!

Chris-recipe please.

Chris - I second needing the recipe for your "DA BOMB" tomato sauce. I tried making my own sauce once. Didn't come out so well...:confused: Nice job on PLB!!

Yes, PLB is a great all around leg workout, Heather! Hope it 'gets me good'!! But it's funny, because my lower body has been generally sore from Turbo Fire. it's weird. (Nora... is that happening to you too?)

The recipe is very simple. I guess it's all in what you add to the sauce. I just took about 24 tomatoes (bought in 1/2 peck at a roadside farm stand) and put them in boiling water, covered, removed from heat. Let stand a few minutes and then immersed them in a cold ice water 'bath'. After they were cool enough to handle, I took the skins off (and the center 'tough' piece) and then threw them in a food processor. I saved 2 of the tomatoes to chop up only and added them in. I sauteed chopped onion and garlic (you can also do any veggie you like in your sauce) in a big pot. After processing, I added them to the big pot. Added spices (italian spices, red wine, balsamic vinegar, chopped fresh basil and crushed red pepper) and about 1/2 can of italian spiced tomato paste. Simmered on the stove for 2-2 and 1/2 hours.

That's it! It really was good. I'm going to use it again in Eggplant Parmesan tonight!

Heather: what kind of jars do you use and where do you store the sauce? I probably could do that with the leftover!

Can not wait for lots of pictures and stories form the RT!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.