CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR JULY 28, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

We had a great day yesterday. Not sure what DS has planned for today, lol.

Today I will do cardio, not sure what yet? The rotation calls for AS, I still have a hard time with that one and SM. I need to find time to pratice those two:rolleyes:

Happy hump day!

I will be back later!

I ended up doing LIC "Cardio Blast Tmesaver" premix! Still need to work my abs later, ran out of time!

I will try to be back later!

Today was Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 23, Legs. Had a puke status workout. Wow, this one really got me good. My legs are fried! Last triset workout. After my recovery week I'll be doing the Squat Rack Leg cycle. Looking forward to it!

Did 3 rounds of each Triset segment with a 1 minute break in between each round.

TRISET #1:
Leg Press - 20#/10 reps each leg
Wall Squats - 15's/10 reps
One-Leg Slide Back Lunges - 12's/10 reps

TRISET #2:
Elevated Deadlifts - 30's/10 reps
Side-Slide Lunges - 15#/10 reps each leg
Narrow Stance Squats - 30's/10 reps
***Started out using 35's for squats but my low back felt weird so I lowered the weight.

TRISET #4:
45 Degree Lunge - 15's/10 reps each leg
Plie Squats Alternating Hand - 37#/10 reps
Low Plane Lunges - 10's/10 reps each leg
***OMG! This was incredibly tough. My legs were just screaming at me at the 3rd triset.

CALF WORK:
Did the calf work from 4DS LIS
***Love this one!

Glad that is over!

Last edited:
Hi ladies. I thought today might be my rest day after heavy legs yesterday. But, DH got up at 5 to go to his master's swim class and I was wide awake. So, I got it done - chest and back and a short 2-mile run. I do need to do abs after work.

Like the last time I did chest, I didn't have my spotter so I went lighter with weights, upped the reps, and supersetted for intensity:

SS#1 3x10
Flat bench chest flyes - 25's
Flat bench dumbbell press - 25's

SS#2 3x10
Flat back, double-arm rows - 25's
Single-arm horizontal rows - 25's

SS#3 3x10
Incline chest flyes - 25's
Incline dumbbell press - 25's

SS#4 3x8
Pullovers - 30#
Underhand dumbbell rows - 30's

Pushups on stability ball - 24
Lat band pull downs - 16 (with heaviest band)

Roxie - ick on getting lightheaded, sounds like you got a lot done though!

Nora - rockin' job as always girl.

Belinda - that's a fun premix. Glad you had a great day yesterday.

Debbie - I think that last set is a killer b/c of those horrid low-plane lunges. Hate those things.

Hope everyone else is getting off to a great stare? Lots of DOMS going on???

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is CLX Push Phase 2 and either another stretch or cardio of some kind, might do a stretch before bed seems to help me relax.

Debbie-awesome job.

Belinda-love that premix don't do it enough.

Heather-good job with your workout.

Lots of workouts up in here today!! Love it! I am HIGH energy today - and not just cuz I'm leaving for the RT tomorrow! WOO. But also because I had an AWESOME workout -went back to the early AM Group Power/Group Ride combo and it got me something FIERCE today. After Power which was particularly challenging today (I even went down in weights on the legs since they are screaming from that run yesterday), I was only about a third of the way into Ride and it actually crossed my mind that I might not make it through the whole class. LOL. I was DYING and starving which didn't help. But I got 'er done - and was a SWEATY chaotic mess at the end. Just how I like it. :)

Anyway, personals...
Belinda - I love LIC, nice work!
Debbie - OMG those trisets, esp that last one with the low plane lunges is KILLER
Heather - way to go on the workout, esp since you thought it'd be a rest day - guess that makes tomorrow "it" for rest huh?
Roxie - good luck with CLX!

Hi to Chris, Nora, Melissa and Jo.

Is it just me or are we TOTALLY ROCKIN' IT?!?!? Love it...

Last night I did HiiT 40/20 which probably ended up being more like 40/30 and sometimes even 40/40...;) And ME UB split. Didn't feel like working my legs so I'll get those in tonight.

BBL for personals!!

Debbie-question for you I am thinking about doing a rotation in September doing PUB one day PLB one day and the rest of the week do cardio will this help lean me out?

Debbie-question for you I am thinking about doing a rotation in September doing PUB one day PLB one day and the rest of the week do cardio will this help lean me out?

Yes, it should. I'd add in some type of circuit workout too.

Maybe set it up like this:

Day 1: PUB
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Circuit
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: PLB
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Rest

That should lean you out a bit.

Yes, it should. I'd add in some type of circuit workout too.

Maybe set it up like this:

Day 1: PUB
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Circuit
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: PLB
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Rest

That should lean you out a bit.

Debbie-thank you I almost thought about adding a circuit appreciated the suggestion.

Hey Girls..

Today I did CTX Back after a warm up on that same workout. And THEN I did TURBO FIRE 45 Class. I was SERIOUSLY dripping and ON FIRE after this one! Spit status!! Chalene keeps me going. I love when Chalene says, "I got some good news for you. YOU'RE NOT TIRED!". YES! ..LOL. She gets me going! I was so HOT after the workout, I stripped down, barely got my swimsuit on and jumped in the pool! OMG, it felt GREAT!

Nora: Glad to hear you're feeling the same way as me about TF! I am going to eventually order the deluxe videos. I'm hoping it goes over to Amazon.com so I can use a GC I have there.

You girls are kicking it with workouts today!!!!! I'm very impressed. NICE job, Roxie, on all that catching up!

I'm on a quest today to make homemade tomato sauce. I never have before. Should be fun?!? I'm on my way to the Farm Stand now!!!

Hey Everyone,

Good news youngest DD finally got a job she is one step closer to moving out of my basement. She is working on Ft. Riley in the PX selling T-Mobile and Verison. DH is visiting South Dakota today he has seen the Bad Lands and is heading to Mt. Rushmore no jealousy already been there.

That is excellent news Roxie!

Hey Everyone,

Good news youngest DD finally got a job she is one step closer to moving out of my basement. She is working on Ft. Riley in the PX selling T-Mobile and Verison. DH is visiting South Dakota today he has seen the Bad Lands and is heading to Mt. Rushmore no jealousy already been there.

Good Evening,

Tonite I did CLX Push Phase 2 and Basic Step.

Standard Overhead Press-10lbs/8 reps.
Single Leg Lunge-15lbs/8 reps.
Reverse Fly-5lbs/8 reps.
Arnold Press-10lbs/8 reps.
Single Leg Dead Lift-12lbs/8 reps both legs.
Bent Over Lateral Raise-5lbs/8 reps.
Frontal Press-8lbs/8 reps.
Single Tap Lunges-15lbs/8 reps.
Lateral Deltoid Raise-8lbs/8 reps.

Stats:
35 min
12 in the zone
119 min hr
148 max hr
172 cals burned.

BS Stats:
30 min
26 in the zone
138 min hr
154 max hr
190 cals burned.

Hi girls!;)

I did finish my workout early today about 1:30 PM but got busy with stuff and couldn't check in until now.

Here's today's workout:

STS Disc 11- M1 - W4 -Back & Triceps= 53 Min
Calories burned= 434
Met Value= 6.0
Great workout today, I could lift the 70% of my 1 rep Max no problem even on the deadlifts.

STS Ab Circuits- Stability Ball Abs= 20 Min
Calories burned= 123 approx.
Met Value= 4.50

Total calories burned= 557;)

Ok, that's it for now. I'll be back in a couple of minutes to post personals. Have a great day!!!

Hugs!

Nora

Hi girls!;)

Belinda- No worries on the AS and SM I find that SM inparticular trips me up I definitely need more practice with that and AS. AS for me is the easier of the two though. I see you opted for LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver, awesome choice. I started with these three Cathe dvd's: Body Max 2, LIC, and Cardio Fusion. I was amazed as a newbie to cathe back then about the premixes they are so awesome. I'd have to say that my favorite of my first three Cathe dvd's was LIC with BM2 a close second. I know you had fun with LIC premix you choose because they are all awesome. Great workout today!;)

Debbie- Nice to see your going through STS again too! I see today was Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 23, Legs for you. Oh man, trisets will get ya good, tough workout. It sounds like you had a really great workout with this today and it challenged you. That's awesome, WTG on Trisets STS for legs. That's no small feat at all, you rocked it today girl!!:):cool

Heather- Excellent workout for you today with chest and back and a short 2-mile run and you mentioned doing some ab work later. This sounds like a recipe for fitness success to me, WTG! Have a blast on the RT!:D:cool:

Roxie- Its great that your finishing up CLX. I noticed your doing CLX Push Phase 2, and either cardio or nice stretch. Either way it sounds like a keeper to me, great workout plans. Bravo, for sticking with it and getting it done, its hard sometimes to make ourselves workout but it always is better after. I'm so proud of you Roxie, and working out is a great stress reliever. I don't know about you but I can sure use stress relief in my life. Great job for today, and keep up the hard work.

Jessica- Geez, woman your killing me with these killer workouts your doing yesterday and now today. Seriously, bravo on AM Group Power/Group Ride combo. Excellent job of modifying the weights for your legs still screaming from yesterday and going a little lighter. WTG, you workout warrior to make it through that tough workout today and then eat because you said you were starving, and rightfully so after that. You rocked your workout again!:eek:

Melissa- ^^^5's on last nights workout of HiiT 40/20 and all of ME. Phew!!! I know that's a tough workout, great job.;):cool: You mentioned doing Legs tonight. I know you'll pick a really good leg workout as well. WTG!!

Chris- Great workout today with warmup from CTX then CTX back work, and last but not least TF Fire 45 Class. Yep, that'll get ya sweating like crazy. I love it when Chalene tells us that we are not tired. She's so much fun, I adore TF! I can say that today's workout for you was ON FIRE!!! WTG ^^^5's. Good luck on your homemade tomato sauce, sounds like fun.;)

Roxie- Great news about your DD getting a job, congrats!!!:cool::)

Ok, that's it for me today girls. I think we've all rocked our workouts today and should feel really good about that ^^^5's to everyone. Now, to Heather, Jessica, Jolene?, and Melissa have a blast workingout with Cathe and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back. I'm sure we'd all love to hear about your experiences and adventures. Have a safe trip! :cool:

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Good evening,

Nora - I think both (SM & AS) will take me awhile to get the steps down I just don't have the time right now

Debbie - awesome job, on the M2 Trisets legs today! I enjoy M2 more this time around, didn't liked it the first time around! Not sure, why? I had a hard time last time!

Heather - awesome job, on the double workout today! You go, girl!

Melissa - hope you enjoyed your leg workout today. Nice job, on HiiT yesterday.

Roxie - you doing great with your workouts! Keep it up! Congrats on DD!

Jessica - Fantastic job, with Group Power/Group Ride combo today!

Chris - love your mix of workouts! Nice going, girl!

Heather, Jessica, Jolene and Melissa have fun at the RT tomorrow!

Good night, girls! BB tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.