CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR JULY 26, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I will do HiiT DWP. Looking forward to a shorter workout today ;)I am still tired with all that hiking we did yesterday.

Have a great Monday and workout!

Can't believe how cool it is riught now. No humidity and it's very beautiful out. It's about time. Really sick of the 90 degree weather with humidity so high you can't breath. Makes summer a true bummer!

Today was Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 22, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Feel good today, no pain or tightness in the neck or shoulder area. Had a great workout and really felt strong today.

This week is Drop Sets. With each drop set exercise there was a 10 second rest between each set.

I can't figure out for the life of me why Cathe doesn't do one drop set with chest work? :rolleyes:

Warmup:
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps

Workout:
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 85#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 85#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 85#/8 reps

Incline Flyes - 30's/12 reps
Incline Flyes - 30's/10 reps
Incline Flyes - 30's/8 reps

Incline Bench Press - 80#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 80#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 80#/8 reps

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 20's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 15's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 12's/10 reps
***These really burned.

Incline Bench Front Raise - 10's/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 8's/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 5's/10 reps
***If I don't feel these tomorrow I'll be amazed. Got a huge burn in the front of my shoulders.

Seated Lateral Raise - 12's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 10's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 8's/10 reps

Seated Rear Flyes - 15's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 12's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 10's/10 reps
***Should have gone heavier.

Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 55#/12 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 55#/10 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 55#/8 reps
***Last set was brutal!

Close Grip Pushups - 10 reps
Close Grip Pushups - 8 reps on toes/2 on knees
Close Grip Pushups - 10 reps on knees
***These were hard. I usually can do these with no problem but after the extensions my tri's were fried.

Double-Arm Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 8's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 5's/10 reps
***Should have gone heavier here.

Morning all! I'm baaaack! Vacation was unfrickinbelievably awesome, I can't even describe it. Weather was awesome, the lake was gorgeous and the company was fab. AND this past weekend was super-fun too, went to an indoor rockclimbing thing on Saturday which was a ton of fun and on my friend's boat on the Charles River in Boston that night. All in all, I'm a happy camper. ESPECIALLY since the RT is almost here - can't wait to meet you Heather and Melissa!!!

On to workouts...me today? I went back to Group Power today after doing STS for about six weeks. Was a nice change of pace, got a great total body workout. Am aiming for a run after work too - its GORGEOUS out around here, dying to get out there and run while its not humid and muggy!

Belinda- good luck with HIIT later!

Debbie - nice job on those weights today! I love meso 2 best. And totally - everytime I do that last set of tri's I always think after I should've gone heavier but in the moment don't think to stop and add more weight. Drives me nuts every single time!

Hi to Chris, Roxie, Nora, Heather, Melissa and Jo. RT in t-minus 4 days!!!

Hi ladies. Yesterday was super busy for me. I ended up doing legs and shoulders (backside: hams, glutes, calves). I followed it up with just half of HIIT Pyramid. It was a long workout (longer than what I've been doing) but I had to sort of do some rearranging as I will need to take my rest day either Wed or Thurs because of the Road Trip.

Step ups with rear leg lift 3 x 10 - 40#
Plie squats with low-end pulse 3x10 - 60#
Stiff legged dead lifts (on bench) 3 x 10 - 25# dbs
Single leg calf raises (on bench) 3 x 20 - 20#
Front leg elevated lunges 3 x 10 - 50#
Rear leg slide back lunges 3 x 10 - 13's
Single leg dead lifts 3 x 10 - 30#
Calf raises 3 x 15 (feet turned out, feet parallel, feet turned in) - 100#
Donkey kicks (weighted) 2 x 16 - 8#
Glute roll ins on stability ball 24
Glute raises on stability ball 16

SS#1 - 3x8
Shoulder press (DBs) - 20's
Upright rows (DBs) - 20's

SS#2 - 3x8
Lateral raise - 12's
Front raise - 10's

SS#3 - 3x10
Alternating shoulder press with elbow forward - 16's
Rear delt press - 13's

SS#4
Rear delt flyes 3x10 - 12/12/13's
Band pulls 8 regular pulse then 2 sets of 15 pulses x 3

Today I will do biceps and triceps and likely MMA Boxing.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Wow, ladies, everyone's rocking it with weights, it seems, from the responses I've seen so far! Bring on the gun show!! :)

I also hit up some weights today - Group Power, which I (like Jess) haven't done in awhile, as I've been STSing. It was a total change and I was completely spent after, and I LOVE that. Muscle confusion at its finest.

Can't wait for the RT ladies!!! Gotta ramp up the last workouts this week in preparation ;-) Last chance workout a la Biggest Loser anyone?! :eek:

Good Morning,

Still trying to play catch up so today for me is a walk in the park and then CLX Push Phase 3. Tomarrow morning I will do Push Phase 1 to help me get caught up.

Belinda-take it easy until you get over your DOMs.

Debbie-nice workout.

Jessica-nice job with your workout.

Heather-nice job with your workout.

Jo-good job with your workout.

Hi everyone! Wow, this day is flying by...woohoo!

Sportin' some nice back doms from 4DS KB w/gloves and some nice butt doms from ME LB premix yesterday. LOVIN' IT!!

This is funny: yesterday DD had a friend over and while they were waiting for the pool to fill up, they came downstairs while I was mid-KB, all sweaty and mean-looking with my gloves on. The friend says to DD "Wow, look at your mom sweat. Isn't that cool?". DD, totally unimpressed, replies "yeah, she always looks like that.". In DD's world all I do is workout and go to Dunkin' Donuts!!! :cool: Tonight is HiiT 30/30 and ME UB premix.

Jessica - nice to have you back from vaca. You've been livin' it up these past couple of weeks.

Jolene - you would think we'd be resting up for this weekend. Instead it sounds like we are trying to get as much in as we can. NICE...

Heather - nice workout yesterday! Have fun with MMA Boxing.

Debbie - it felt like Fall this morning when I got up. Felt so good. How's your neck been feeling?

Belinda - have fun with HiiT!

Hi Roxie, Chris and Nora!

Belinda - Have a great workout!

Jessica - Sounds like you had a great vacation! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you wish it could go on forever. I also like Meso 2, but I think 3 is my favorite.

Heather - Is the RT this weekend already? Wow, the time just flew. Hope you have a great time in Cathe-land! Nice workout, too!

Roxie - Hope you have great workouts, Roxie! :)

Jo - I'm jealous that you all are going to the RT. I hope you have a blast!

Melissa - Had to LMAO about your story! Too funny!!

Nora - Loved what you wrote the other day about Denise in STS! I LMAO when I read it!!! You are so funny! That is exactly what I think of her too when I watch her. She is just so annoying!

Hi all to come!! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Debbie - I swear Cathe is chest crazy during that cycle. Maybe to make up for only doing a zillion pushups in M2. Yep, 4 days and I'll be having Cathe personally kick my butt :eek:

Melissa - that's too funny. Love it!

Jess & Jo
- nicely done with the Group Power. I bet you'll feel it tomorrow!

Roxie - Hope you have a nice workout this evening.

Hi Belinda, Chris, & Nora!

Hey girls!

I was right, headache gone, feeling good today! What makes me feel even BETTER is , like you, Debbie, our humidity levels have DROPPED. and I got to open ALL THE WINDOWS, and there's a terrific breeze blowing through my house. Sweet!!! :)

Today I'm back on the Turbo Fire wagon. Caught up on week 4 and now I'm onto Week #5. I'm going to couple it with CTX weights. Not sure what lower body workout I'll do this week, Melissa, that ME Lower Body Premix sounds like a good one! I don't think I've done that before! I think I might tryi it!

This morning I did the weight work first, CTX Biceps & Triceps, after the KB warm-up. I also did abs from ONE of the CTXs. (6 minutes). I saved the cardio for after. I did FIRE 30. FUN , QUICK , sweatYYY workout with 2 Fire Drills that WASTE me! I did the Stretch 10 after too. I like that one. Nice shoulder stretches!

Belinda: HiiT is the way to go for a short one! Hope you enjoyed it!

Debbie: Still blowing me away with those weights! Tricep exts on the bench = 55 lbs? GET OUT! You are SUPERWOMAN!! No wonder you had to do some tricep pushups on your knees!! I'm glad to hear your neck is back to ok!

Jessica: Good to hear you enjoyed your vacation! We had a wonderful week too last week at Hampton Beach. Nice workouts today! Did you do STS on vacation?

Roxie: I LOL @ your "walk in the park". Makes it sound so nice and relaxed, but I know you're kicking it WAY up!!

Heather: Nice job on weights yesterday! You did have a LONG workout!

Melissa: That is too funny about your DD and her friend! Yeah, my kids are very unimpressed with my workouts too. LOL!. YAY for DOMS! And thanks for the ME idea! How long was that premix?

Jo: Nice job on changing things up!

*Waves* to Nora, EXCELLENT workout yesterday!! TF is STILL a blast for me, 4 weeks later! Lovin it!

How fun you are all going to the RT this coming weekend! You had BETTER take a ton of pictures!!! We'll want to hear ALL about it too!!

Hey girls!

I was right, headache gone, feeling good today! What makes me feel even BETTER is , like you, Debbie, our humidity levels have DROPPED. and I got to open ALL THE WINDOWS, and there's a terrific breeze blowing through my house. Sweet!!! :)

Today I'm back on the Turbo Fire wagon. Caught up on week 4 and now I'm onto Week #5. I'm going to couple it with CTX weights. Not sure what lower body workout I'll do this week, Melissa, that ME Lower Body Premix sounds like a good one! I don't think I've done that before! I think I might tryi it!

This morning I did the weight work first, CTX Biceps & Triceps, after the KB warm-up. I also did abs from ONE of the CTXs. (6 minutes). I saved the cardio for after. I did FIRE 30. FUN , QUICK , sweatYYY workout with 2 Fire Drills that WASTE me! I did the Stretch 10 after too. I like that one. Nice shoulder stretches!

Belinda: HiiT is the way to go for a short one! Hope you enjoyed it!

Debbie: Still blowing me away with those weights! Tricep exts on the bench = 55 lbs? GET OUT! You are SUPERWOMAN!! No wonder you had to do some tricep pushups on your knees!! I'm glad to hear your neck is back to ok!

Jessica: Good to hear you enjoyed your vacation! We had a wonderful week too last week at Hampton Beach. Nice workouts today! Did you do STS on vacation?

Roxie: I LOL @ your "walk in the park". Makes it sound so nice and relaxed, but I know you're kicking it WAY up!!

Heather: Nice job on weights yesterday! You did have a LONG workout!

Melissa: That is too funny about your DD and her friend! Yeah, my kids are very unimpressed with my workouts too. LOL!. YAY for DOMS! And thanks for the ME idea! How long was that premix?

Jo: Nice job on changing things up!

*Waves* to Nora, EXCELLENT workout yesterday!! TF is STILL a blast for me, 4 weeks later! Lovin it!

How fun you are all going to the RT this coming weekend! You had BETTER take a ton of pictures!!! We'll want to hear ALL about it too!!

Chris-after going outside for lunch looks like the walk is going to have to wait it is hot again, the temps were so nice yesterday.

Chris - I'm glad you are feeling better today! The ME LB premix was about 30 minutes long. UB premix is about the same length.

Good Evening,

Tonite I did CLX Push Phase 3 and then went for a 2 mile walk even though its still warm.

Sumo Squat-15lbs/8 reps (up 3lbs).
Single Arm Row-15lbs/8 reps both arms (up 3lbs).
Chest Fly-12lbs/8 reps
Bowlers Lunge-15lbs/8 reps both legs (up 3lbs).
Double Bent Over Row-15lbs/8 reps (up 3lbs).
Bench Press-15lbs/8 reps (up 3lbs).
Single Leg Sumo Squat-12lbs/8 reps both legs.
Double Reverse Grip Row-15lbs/8 reps (up 3lbs).
Long Arm Pullover-20lbs/8 reps (up 8lbs).

Stats:
35 min
16 in the zone
121 min hr
144 max hr
174 cals burned.

2 mile Walk:
35 min
34 in the zone
141 min hr
159 max hr
230 cals burned.

Hi girls~!;)

I just finished my workout for today, I got a late late start.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 55 EZ Class= 57 min
Calories burned= 700
Met value=9.0
What can I say, I'm still loving Turbo Fire, its so much fun the time just goes so does the sweat. LOL!!:D:p

STS Workout Disc 10 -M1 - W4 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps= 56 Min
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 459

I have to say this wasn't so bad but geez louise on the push ups cathe,:p. I know its like spinach, its good for you so you have to make yourself do it. I'm abel to lift the 70% of my maximum rather than scaling back in the weights, so I count that as progress. I was surprised on the STS workout today that Cathe mentioned taking next week off from STS, I am so ready I wanted to give her a hug. LOL!!

Total calories burned= 1159:eek::eek:

Debbie- You are so rockin' Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 22, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps today. OMG! On the weights you used on the following: Flat Bench Barbell Press, Incline Bench Press, and Flat Bench Triceps Extensions. Girl, you are kickin' some butt and takin' names, you go girl! Way to rock your workout!:) I wish I could lift really heavy like that. I'm working on it as best I can, I'm not there yet but I'm improving and moving in the right direction.
Fantabulous workout today!;):)

Jessica- Welcome back from your vacation! Happy to hear you had a great time. You mentioned you went to Group Power Up, I assume that's a weightlifting class, and that you'll go for a run tonight. That sounds like a great workout, have fun and enjoy! I'm so jealous you are going on the RT, you lucky girl. I see that some of our group is going as well, that will be awesome. Welcome back, we missed ya!

Heather- another lucky girl to go to the RT, that will be so much fun. I'm sure your excited about that. Great workout you did yesterday with Legs and shoulders, with some very impressive weights I might add. Today you did MMA Boxing and Bi's & Tri's :eek::cool: WTG!! Have you been eating spinach or super vitamins?:p I suspect that of you and Debbie lifting so heavy, I'm envious. You are killin' the weights girlfriend WTG! Then just when I thought that was awesome enough you did half of HiiT Pyramid, Applause!!! You rocked your workout today, bravo!;) The HiiT Pyramid is my favorite of the HiiT workouts. Its so fun, just love it! I'd say CCC is another one that feels like a HiiT workout in intensity as well. Bravo on today's workout!:);):cool:

Jolene- Hi! Welcome back. Yep, its definitely prime for a gun show on this check in group of ladies. Great job on the Group Power Up weights today. Weights are fun and challenging and there's nothing quite like a great sweat from weights or a cardio workout. You're also going on the RT, Awesome I'm sure you'll have a blast. Please tell us all your experiences with it. I'd love to hear all about it, have fun!;):cool:

Roxie- I hope you had a nice walk in the park and had a great workout with CLX Push Phase 2. Keep up the great job working out! WTG!!!:cool::)

Melissa- Congrats on rockin' the DOMS yesterday with 4DS and ME! Tonight's workout is HiiT 30/30 and ME UB premix. Great workout for tonight, I predict DOMS again. Drink lots of water and get some rest can't have you all tuckered out representing our group at RT bushed:p Have fun at the RT, I'm sure you'll meet up with the other gals that are lucky enough to go. Have an awesome time on the RT.

Chris- Yay! Your still on the TF kick!!! Great workout for today with CTX Biceps & Triceps, after the KB warm-up and abs from one of the CTX's and you saved TF Fire 30 workout. I'm doing that TF Fire 30 workout tomorrow. I've forgotten how that one is. I'm glad you liked it. It sounds like your having fun with your workouts. Its always nice too when the temps and humidity drop. WTG today!!!;):D

Belinda-I hope you got to do your HiiT DWP that's a fun workout and intense, just when you think you can't do anymore its over. I always have the urge to yell "Medic!" LOL!!! Take care and rest.;)

That's it for me today! Have a great evening everyone and I'll seeya at tomorrow's check in!;)

Hugs!;):):cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.